Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,857 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

How To Learn Programming A Little Fast - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Learn Programming A Little Fast (1704 Views)

Anyone Programming A Forex Indicator To Expert Advisor / Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? / A Little Javascript Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Learn Programming A Little Fast by minato015(m): 11:01am On Nov 11, 2016
embarassed If there is a Faster way
Re: How To Learn Programming A Little Fast by minato015(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2016
embarassedI have a great passion for it but it just seems not underatandable cryI have a great passion for it but it just seems not underatandable
Re: How To Learn Programming A Little Fast by minato015(m): 11:07am On Nov 11, 2016
undecided cryNo one is helping me embarassed
Re: How To Learn Programming A Little Fast by 4kings: 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2016
Subscribe to video tutorials, that's easier as you can see what your tutor is doing while he explains, if u dont go well with pdfs.

What language do u intend to start with?, if u dont really have any in mind, i would reccommend "Python", as it syntax are easily readable
Re: How To Learn Programming A Little Fast by melodyogonna(m): 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
just start with d web langs - html and css then javascript or python, this is where i got my [url=tutorialspoint.com]tutorials [/url]

1 Like

Re: How To Learn Programming A Little Fast by romme2u: 1:22am On Nov 13, 2016
learning programming is a long and tedious process. you may not be able to shorten the learning curve but you can make it enjoyable and fun.

1. pick a language based on your interest and long term goal. some languages are general purpose while some are special purpose. questions like 'do you want to make it a career or hobby' should guide you. A general purpose language like c#, java, python or ruby is perfect for starters as it would give u some necessary foundation to roll on.

2. when u have chosen a language to roll with, learn to set up its development environment and familiarise yourself with the basic tools (softwares like interpreters, compilers, runtimes and server configs) and platforms available for that language. use the internet extensively for this as everything is written in plain English. just follow the instruction to the letter paying attention to filesystem nuances, and more importantly play around with those tools tweaking things yourself

3. go through the overview of the language and its features, reading reviews from professionals and experts in the field. look for programmers' community in your chosen language and join them. but most importantly look for websites you can get resources, tutorials and help especially the doc site of your language of choice.

4. learn the basics of the language you have chosen. make sure that as you are reading, you are also coding to gain confidence in your self. don't copy code snippet and paste in your chosen editor, type them your self and ensure you compile, parse, run or execute your code, whichever is applicable to your environment.

5. when you are done with the basics (which will always be an ongoing process), pick a feature of the language, study it (preferably with different materials and video if you are a visual person as original documentation may be hard for you to understand) and be coding along. for example when i had grasp the basics of php, i committed myself to regular expression cornering it from both perl and php perspectives. even though i have not written regex for a while now, i can still understand and construct a simple one because of the basics i had.

6. when you are comfortable with the basics and have learnt at least seven features of the language (like reading/writing files, date and time features, connecting to database and performing database operations, accepting, filtering and validating data, printing to screen or whatever output your language uses, manipulating data and data types), start a project----------a small one. beginners often make the mistake of embarking on a large project during learning period. this will kill your passion as it will take longer than expected to finish the project which will eventually dampen your passion and you may abandon the project.

personally i write small programs with each feature of the language i learn so that i can refer back to them in case i have any issue with that feature in the future.

7. finally, for those that need summary, learn, study, code, repeat (in line with this famous line "wash, rinse, repeat"wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Learn Programming A Little Fast by classicdude1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
I found out that most programmers don't have the right books to read...

a list of python books good to learn python

http://coolpythoncodes..co.ke/2016/11/free-pdf-python-books-i-recommend-you.html?m=1
Re: How To Learn Programming A Little Fast by joenor(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
I really would like to learn fast

(1) (Reply)

Most Used Computer Programming Terminology And Fundamentals You Must Know / Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election / The Secrets Of Programming : That Movie You Muuuusssttt Watch As A Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.