Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna (58540 Views)

How Do I Get Bus From Abuja To Minna Or Kontagora / Amaechi Travels By Train From Abuja To Kaduna International Airport (Photos) / Travelling By Train From Lagos To Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by nagodesmile18(f): 10:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
smithsydny:
sorry sis..smiles.
ba komai...
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
nagodesmile18:
ba komai...
aiit dear u
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by nagodesmile18(f): 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
smithsydny:
aiit dear u
meant no problem
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
nagodesmile18:
meant no problem
were good dear no ish..
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Omobolaji20(m): 11:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
jeloser:

first class is 3,050# sleeper 4,050#

do u know if d train has it tracks to Nassarawa or kano nd hw much for d two destinations
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Omobolaji20(m): 12:19am On Nov 12, 2016
jaymejate:
I take train every time, from IBadan to Abeokuta and most times Lagos.

That train coming from Minna is wack i must confess, only the First class is perfect with A.C in it. Second klass is another thing. The Hausas inside, especially that toilet, they'll defecate and leave it there. Odors! It leaves Minna Monday morning i guess and get to Ibadan on Tuesday evening, that's if it's fast o.

There's another one from Ilorin to Lagos too, that one has no first klass with A.C and limited Hausas in it so it's clean no crowd. That leaves on Wednesdays. (ALL DOWN TRAIN).

(UP TRAINS) mostly Fridays and Sundays.

Train is cool with adventure. 3 Wednesdays ago, the train stopped in the forest in the midnight. Dangerous day of my life grin
Train Ride is cool tho

Don't forget, it's cheap but no perfect timing, be ready to get to your destination in the dark time!

hello!
can i meet u?
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Kennydoc(m): 12:25am On Nov 12, 2016
Bolustic:

I have the feeling that someone is suffering from Stockholm syndrome?

How would a person who failed to construct the Second Niger Bridge as promised become your Hero?

I hope you aware that this train will not pass through the SE?

Tell me, what did you people gain(I mean capital projects) from your Hero apart from few appointment?

There is PH –Aba – Enugu – Makurdi train route.
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Omobolaji20(m): 12:37am On Nov 12, 2016
Kennydoc:

There is PH –Aba – Enugu – Makurdi train route.
from lagos?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Omobolaji20(m): 12:39am On Nov 12, 2016
pls o. wat if one get to its destination @midnight whr wl such person sspend d night
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Omobolaji20(m): 12:40am On Nov 12, 2016
can i get d ticket in iddo station dat same day or do i v to book prior its departure date
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 12, 2016
jaymejate:

Lagos to Abeokuta is app 2½hrs if not fast
Abeokuta to Ibadan is 2hrs if fast
Ibadan to Ogbomosho, like 1½hr or thereabout
Ogbomosho to Ilorin, neglecting sub stations, it's 2-3hrs.

At each station, train stops for 20-30mins and at most, 45mins.

Calculate it together. And don't forget, no perfect timing

Alright thanks a lot. Thinking of trying it for d first time. Ilorin to Lagos. Do u av any idea what time d train leaves n how much it cost?
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 12, 2016
Bolustic:

I have the feeling that someone is suffering from Stockholm syndrome?

How would a person who failed to construct the Second Niger Bridge as promised become your Hero?

I hope you aware that this train will not pass through the SE?

Tell me, what did you people gain(I mean capital projects) from your Hero apart from few appointment?

PH to the north through Enugu every Wednesday.
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 12, 2016
good morning guys.. we are now in jebba...
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by laudate: 6:48am On Nov 12, 2016
Godwin616:

Please stop displaying this ignorance publicly. Trains have been running in Nigeria since independent. I used to board train from Ilorin and Offa to Lagos when we were in secondary schools in 1980s. Its the bad maitenance culture and negligence by previous goverments that grounded the Railway corporation. It was NOT GEJ that implement railway systems in Nigeria please.

Guy, train services packed up totally in the 90s till about 2010-2012, when the fed govt at that time, started resuscitating it. Na where you dey, when the thing die? shocked

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by erenagold: 8:26am On Nov 12, 2016
jeloser:
What about minna to lagos
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by erenagold: 8:29am On Nov 12, 2016
I rep MX city
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Omobolaji20(m): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2016
jeloser:

guy answer me nau
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Omobolaji20(m): 9:11am On Nov 12, 2016
faceURfront:

PH to the north through Enugu every Wednesday.

pls o. wat if one get to its destination @midnight whr wl such person sspend d night
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by jaymejate: 9:14am On Nov 12, 2016
Mattkent:

Alright thanks a lot. Thinking of trying it for d first time. Ilorin to Lagos. Do u av any idea what time d train leaves n how much it cost?

The one coming from Kano will get there on Tuesday, morning i guess.
And there's another one that will leave from Ilorin, that's on Wednesday. I don't know the time it might wanna take off but definitely, it will be morning cos they must get to Ibadan b4 4-5pm.
And the ticket fee, i don't know.
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2016
jaymejate:

The one coming from Kano will get there on Tuesday, morning i guess.
And there's another one that will leave from Ilorin, that's on Wednesday. I don't know the time it might wanna take off but definitely, it will be morning cos they must get to Ibadan b4 4-5pm.
And the ticket fee, i don't know.

Okay thanks.
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by jaymejate: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Omobolaji20:
can i get d ticket in iddo station dat same day or do i v to book prior its departure date

You get the ticket, the same day
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Omobolaji20(m): 9:42am On Nov 12, 2016
jaymejate:

You get the ticket, the same day
Thank u. if Niger/minna is 3050 hw much do u think nassarawa wld be?
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2016
Omobolaji20:

guy answer me nau

pls wats yr question
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Omobolaji20(m): 10:36am On Nov 12, 2016
jeloser:

pls wats yr question

1. Thank u. if Niger/minna is 3050 hw much do u think nassarawa wld be?
2. can i get d ticket in iddo station dat same day or do i v to book prior its departure date
3. pls o. wat if one get to its destination @midnight whr wl such person sspend d night.

4. do u know if d train has it tracks to Nassarawa or kano nd hw much for d two destinations
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Kennydoc(m): 11:43am On Nov 12, 2016
Omobolaji20:

from lagos?

I was only trying to let you know that the South East also benefitted from GEJ's rail project.
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2016
Omobolaji20:

1. Thank u. if Niger/minna is 3050 hw much do u think nassarawa wld be?
2. can i get d ticket in iddo station dat same day or do i v to book prior its departure date
3. pls o. wat if one get to its destination @midnight whr wl such person sspend d night.

4. do u know if d train has it tracks to Nassarawa or kano nd hw much for d two destinations

1. i dunno if it reaches nassarawa but it do reach kano

2. you will gt ur ticket dat day
.yo cnt book

3: you ll sleep in d station..they hv enough beds nd bathrooms dere

4: lagos to kano 3,050 first class ... second class is 2000
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by jurassic: 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2016
jeloser:
Actually am on my way to minna, just want you guys to see their first class ...iddo terminus ..Lagos to minna... dnt want the train to derail this time around.

Wish me save journey
Broh,any idea on how one can check for the itinery from Lagos to Abuja?
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
we are now in minna...
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
lalasticlala seun mynd44 Omobolaji20 jaymejate

everybody thank you very much

nd your prayers.. m now in minna
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by jaymejate: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2016
jeloser:

I Thank God for you. grin

Have a nice stay in Minna!
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by tunene66: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
jeloser:

Wonderful

I will do a train travel in naija soon too
Re: A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna by Suurulere(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2016
It takes 11 hours for train to travel through Niger State alone, i.e from Jebba to Sarkinpowa.

N:B I added the 45 minutes it would stay in Minna.. Train should be in Sarkinpowa by now, will arrive Kaduna by 8:10, spend another 20 minutes at the Kaduna train station and then continue unto Zaria, Challawa then terminate at Kano around 11:30 pm - 12:00 am.

Total travel time from Lagos to Kano: 34 hours, 30 minutes instead of the 28 hours Estimated Time of Arrival.

NRC still needs to work on schedule and more coaches would be expedient for travellers as the festive season approaches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From The Mass Burial Of Madonna Students Burnt To Death In Road Accident / Foam In Anthony Village Is As A Result Of Tanker Accident- LASG / Why Can't All Roads In Lagos State Be Like The Roads In Alausa, Ikeja? (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.