Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Toyota Camry Transmission Issue - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Transmission Issue (14464 Views)

Sienna Transmission Issue / U250E CAMRY Transmission Needed In Abuja / Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 2:44am On Nov 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Boss no vex, buy am for benin. Or drive the car to lagos, and I will install it for you. I value my sleep.

Oga gazzuzz I'm sorry if I sounded rude. Was just trying to know how much to bring it to benin. Once again apologies. grin grin grin smiley smiley
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by stevetemi(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2016
Please,can this person give his no I want to call u. My Toyota highlander 4 Plugs is having the same problem. Its like u spoke the complaint I have in my mind. I want to know the mechanic that helped out.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:11am On Nov 26, 2016
stevetemi:
Please,can this person give his no I want to call u. My Toyota highlander 4 Plugs is having the same problem. Its like u spoke the complaint I have in my mind. I want to know the mechanic that helped out.

this is your first post since reg in 2012 shocked
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by kingreign(m): 6:35am On Nov 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

this is your first post since reg in 2012 shocked
Na one man mopol
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 7:33am On Nov 27, 2016
stevetemi:

Boss problem had not been solved o. Still confused. No DTC codes to even start with. My no is 08025954415.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by chudy13(m): 10:25am On Jan 07, 2018
I am having this same issue with my camry 2003. @mike70 have you solved the problem? what did you finally do?
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Kashif(m): 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
chudy13:
I am having this same issue with my camry 2003. @mike70 have you solved the problem? what did you finally do?

Quote him correctly for him to answer
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by tshux: 1:53am On Jun 13, 2019
Valve body was recently changed on my Camry 2002 due to hard shifting into gear 3(burnt D solenoid). Now I started experiencing hard shift into gear (like the gear is hitting the engine) and sometimes I still experience the hard shift but a little better this time.Mechanic say its to change the two sensors ..What could be the problem?
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Stanumoh: 8:45am On Dec 11, 2019
I have a similar problem with my 2005 Toyota Camry XLE with an automatic transmission. In the morning when the car is cold it doesn't engage 'Drive' unless I first press the pedal down and rev the engine then it suddenly engages with a Jerk! Reversing works fine. Also sometimes when the car has gone a long distance or been stuck in our Lagos traffic for long, While moving, with the car on 'Drive', and I am pressing on the accelerator and trying to shift over 80kmph, it feels as though the car is automatically reverting into neutral. I say this because I can clearly hear the engine revving up, but the car is not moving any faster. If I completely step off of the accelerator, and "pump" the pedal repeatedly, eventually, it will begin to accelerate again. this issue seems to happen sporadically, or intermittently.

I have replaced the ATS, changed the filter underneath. But the problem still persists. cry cry cry

Please guys what could be the problem?
@kashif @Gazzuzz and any one who has any solution around this, kindly assist abeg.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51am On Dec 11, 2019
Stanumoh:
I have a similar problem with my 2005 Toyota Camry XLE with an automatic transmission. In the morning when the car is cold it doesn't engage 'Drive' unless I first press the pedal down and rev the engine then it suddenly engages with a Jerk! Reversing works fine. Also sometimes when the car has gone a long distance or been stuck in our Lagos traffic for long, While moving, with the car on 'Drive', and I am pressing on the accelerator and trying to shift over 80kmph, it feels as though the car is automatically reverting into neutral. I say this because I can clearly hear the engine revving up, but the car is not moving any faster. If I completely step off of the accelerator, and "pump" the pedal repeatedly, eventually, it will begin to accelerate again. this issue seems to happen sporadically, or intermittently.

I have replaced the ATS, changed the filter underneath. But the problem still persists. cry cry cry

@kashif @Gazzuzz and any one who has any solution around this, kindly assist abeg.

Replace gear

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by homeboy205: 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
Stanumoh:

I hope you are not from Ibadan with wine car cry
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Stanumoh: 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Replace gear

Ok, mehnnn....that's gonna be quite expensive. Chaii
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Stanumoh: 11:45pm On Dec 11, 2019
homeboy205:

I hope you are not from Ibadan with wine car cry
Lol... I have a wine coloured one too but certainly not from Ibadan. No fear. grin
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by homeboy205: 5:28am On Dec 12, 2019
Stanumoh:

Lol... I have a wine coloured one too but certainly not from Ibadan. No fear. grin

Good lol carry on
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by EngRichie: 9:56am On Dec 12, 2019
I suggest these:

1. Check ATF fluid level when cold and hot. In fact, how do you check the fluid level?

2. Get a technician that can do good diagnosis by studying solenoid logic.

Make good use of your discretion so that you won't over spend before you buy new transmission though I don't think this issue is beyond fix.

Regards.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Stanumoh: 6:43am On Dec 15, 2019
EngRichie:
I suggest these:

1. Check ATF fluid level when cold and hot. In fact, how do you check the fluid level?

2. Get a technician that can do good diagnosis by studying solenoid logic.

Make good use of your discretion so that you won't over spend before you buy new transmission though I don't think this issue is beyond fix.

Regards.

Thank you, I have been worried sick on the cost of having to change the entire gear.

I check the fluid level on the little fluid container by the right side of the engine. Though i have always only checked before driving out when its cold. I will park and observe the level once it happens again.

Do you have any sound technician who can address this in Lagos? Many thanks Chief.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by crazycrypto710: 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
Hi guys, I have been experiencing thesame issue Toyota Camry 2000 model, it doesn’t go beyond first selection in the morning, but once the engine gets heated a bit, it starts to select normally. Any possible solution please?
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by dicksonadams(m): 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Guys look for radautoworks on nairaland, if her transmission repair price is cheaper or close to a used transmission at ladipo, then she might be your best bet, cause she will give you warranty and she is good at fixing them.

God bless

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Adoga2020: 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
I have same problem with my Toyota Camry 2005 model. With 10 pin gearbox. It started gradually with little delay when you engage the gear in the morning. It takes time to response but the reverse is OK. My mechanic thought it was from the gearbox, he did total service (including change of ATF, brainbox services and valves and even changed the drive component of the gear) still the problem persist).
At a time when it was worst and the car refused to move forward totally, I noticed the mechanic simply disconnected the brainbox and drove it manually without the usually delays.
Please what's the solution to this problem I am new to Toyota, I use Honda before.
NB: the gear selects fine with it picks after the morning delays.
Help a brother, before I spend wastefully
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Boss no vex, buy am for benin. Or drive the car to lagos, and I will install it for you. I value my sleep.

Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
dicksonadams:
Guys look for radautoworks on nairaland, if her transmission repair price is cheaper or close to a used transmission at ladipo, then she might be your best bet, cause she will give you warranty and she is good at fixing them.

God bless
Benin to Lekki
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Stanumoh:

Rebuild gear. Contact radautoworks.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
stevetemi:
Till date you have three posts on Nairaland despite registering in 2012!!
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Stanumoh: 6:24pm On Feb 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Rebuild gear. Contact radautoworks.

Ok thanks. Do you have a number I can call?
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Stanumoh: 6:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
Adoga2020:
I have same problem with my Toyota Camry 2005 model. With 10 pin gearbox. It started gradually with little delay when you engage the gear in the morning. It takes time to response but the reverse is OK. My mechanic thought it was from the gearbox, he did total service (including change of ATF, brainbox services and valves and even changed the drive component of the gear) still the problem persist).
At a time when it was worst and the car refused to move forward totally, I noticed the mechanic simply disconnected the brainbox and drove it manually without the usually delays.
Please what's the solution to this problem I am new to Toyota, I use Honda before.
NB: the gear selects fine with it picks after the morning delays.
Help a brother, before I spend wastefully

Hi Bro, any resolution yet?
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by coolik247: 10:45am On Jun 10, 2020
Hello..pls was this issue solved? I am having Similar issues and don't know what to do
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by deedee44: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

what are you servicing in the transmission? Replace oil with TIV and filter.
cool
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2020
deedee44:

I'm sorry for bringing you back this far sir, but my car had the same issue this person had... only reverse works perfectly when engine is cold, going forward I have to rev high. So i changed gear oil and filter now it's moving well but doesn't select gear properly, and it doesn't go beyond gear 3. Check light illuminated shortly after. Ayam tired

Message me

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by deedee44: 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Message me
Okay sir
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Ajii65: 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2021
@deedee44 Pls were you able to solve the gear delay problems, if yes how do you go about
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by deedee44: 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ajii65:
@deedee44 Pls were you able to solve the gear delay problems, if yes how do you go about
I had to change the gearbox
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by timenamoney: 2:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
It a pity the trend don't have a solution for years ,I hope my opinion would work grin

I don't hear the guru's mention defective speed sensors shocked what a bombshell grin

Can a car move properly without a good speed sensors cheesy = NO grin maybe that should be the first thing in mind

And for those who don't see any trouble codes during scanning , maybe ECU ( brain box or car computer ) is bad or sensors that report to ECU (The transmission control module or “TCM” ) is defective that's why it not reading properly and should be checked

Stop waisting money buying gearbox or going to mechanic that doesn't know TDC check lights , and say is normal

Remember time na money is the automobileboss

Note stop in traffic stop keeping gear in drive gear , nutrual should be best

There are other sensors that can affect gearbox movement read more
https://www.stuarttransmissionrepair.com/transmission-sensors-what-they-do.php

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Suspension: 7 Indicators That Your Car Has Suspension Problems / What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? / Stollen Catalytic Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.