Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

The Love I Never Had - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Love I Never Had (490 Views)

The Love Grotto / "The Love Triangle" - A Short Christian Love Story By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola / Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka (2) (3) (4)

The Love I Never Had by Kayleb26(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2016
.. That night was the first time I learnt that when a single guy lays his bed (neatly) before leaving home in the evening he's probably going to hunt for a woman to sleep on the bed with him through the night.

I'd gone out for my usual night walk after dinner when Seyi called to know if I'm at home so he could come visit. Those visits guys embark on to take a break from hardcore jacking to check if your pal cooked beans. " I'm in front of school". I replied. He went to my room anyway since he had my spare key.

In my night walk I go out to savour the brightness of the headlamps of cars making their way into the entrance of the University's front gate and also to observe things that happen when students finish night reading.

Behind the wheels were usually working class bigger boys who come into the campus to price babes beyond the reach of Students.

Joke was not one of the runs babes though she had close friends who were in high demand. Joke was a dedicated Christian the most active in the fellowship prayer unit. This was what endeared her to me being a "jim-jim" brother myself...

I had set the minimum requirement my would-be wife must meet to be ability to pray for at least an hour. I'd add "I wont be at home at all times and that shouldn't be a reason for the family altar to die".

I love Joke so much and every body knew it. Her friends would tease her each time I came around with words to the effect of how lucky she was to have me, the way ladies do when they approve of their mates' lover. Was I a lover to Joke? I would say an emphatic yes were it all up to me but as far as Joke was concerned I was only just good enough for friendship. I was the "lover" with which she scares off troublesome guys. The mayour of her friendzone.

I never knew Joke actually had same feelings for me but why she never admitted them with words I don't know. Her action speaks volume of her love but for a guy like me words are to relationship what a C of O is to an undeveloped piece of land.

Why won't two people madly in love be together... I don't know.

I returned home that night after my walk and met Seyi lying on my bed. He sprang to life on hearing my knock-knock on the door net.
"Na stroll you go stroll na im you dress bed fine like say you wan go carry woman come" he jested.

Mother Nature..... / Books Never Get Old. / A Time That Died - A Short Story