Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,049 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath (29071 Views)

HELP! Bad Breath Is Ruining My Social Life! / 10 Helpful Ways To Stop Bad Breath / Helpful Remedies For Fixing Bad Breath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by siraj1402(m): 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
Mix half tin of Habatu Saudah, two spoonfuls of ginger powder, three spoonfuls of lime juice, one cup of water.Then heat it for five minutes. Rinse your mouth every morning with it. Then take a spoonful of honey. This should go on for the next 3 weeks. Never will you experience it again.
For any other enquiries on any diseases and it remedies

3 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Edum13656: 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
I'm just visualising kissing a Northerner or some Westerners.

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by goingape1: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
afonjas are believe to be the people who have the highest case of bad breath.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by gregyboy(m): 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2016
how the christmas won b na
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Justiceleague1: 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2016
Solution to afonja problem after shitying in public grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Fakemumu: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2016
siraj1402:
Mix half tin of Habatu Saudah, two spoonfuls of ginger powder, three spoonfuls of lime juice, one cup of water.Then heat it for five minutes. Rinse your mouth every morning with it. Then take a spoonful of honey. This should go on for the next 3 weeks. Never will you experience it again.
which one be habatu saudah again?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by sunshine46(f): 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2016
Thumbs up OP...emphasis shud however be laid on scraping d tongue...d coating that normally forms on d tongue could be a host for smelly bacteria...if ur brush is too big to comfortably reach d back of ur tongue,use a mouth scraper

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Fakemumu: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
siraj1402:
which one be habatu. Sauda again hian!
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by AuroraB(f): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2016
chicoMX:
Op, please I want my tongue to be as red as girl's own.
My brotherman, dip it in hot water embarassed

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by chicoMX(m): 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2016
AuroraB:
AuroraB:

That's harsh... but wait, you are not the Op na
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by AuroraB(f): 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
chicoMX:

That's harsh... but wait, you are not the Op na
shocked I forgot I'm not the OP. My reply is as the spirit leads grin tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by kellybently(m): 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
hydrogen peroxide is very good and effective to use as mouth wash. dilute it with equal volume of water.

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by annnu: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2016
hmmm.. nice one op

Hello!....have you heard about bitcoin? Do you want to know all about bitcoin and have a bitcoin wallet? how you can get it, trade it? Do you want to convert a little money into tangible one...Here is another opportunity.....Join us on this super-hot whatsapp seminar at 4pm today:
https:///AtpSSmUKsZOEnOwViajaHL
it might be a great opportunity for you!!!...
...thanks
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by GindoX(m): 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] how do u even know u get smelling mouth angry grin
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Funjosh(m): 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2016
Deepfreezer:
BACK!!! Thank God i was able to get some rest while the ban lasted.

For those of us that enjoy kissing. Bad breath is a turn off.

It is a turn off Am telling you bro. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by ableguy(m): 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
AdaIhiala:
Bad breath can be very discomforting I must say for the perceiver. The worst is when the person with bad breath talks directly into your face and trust me 'they' are talkatives!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by chicoMX(m): 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2016
AuroraB:
shocked I forgot I'm not the OP. My reply is as the spirit leads grin tongue

That spirit that keeps leading you into other people's biz should be tested, cheesy
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by greatjoey: 6:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
winetapper:
Some people has this bad breath, that before they think of what to tell you, you have already start perceiving the odor angry

Let me start with the causes then the cure.
The origins of bad breath are not mysterious: dental cavities, gum disease, poor oral hygiene, coated tongue (a white or yellow coating on the tongue, usually due to inflammation) are among the most common. 

Hundreds of bacteria live in our mouths and some of them—on the tongue or below the gumline or in pockets created by gum disease between gums and teeth, for example—create sulfurous smells.  

Other causes may include malnutrition (fat breakdown gives your breath a fruity odor), uncontrolled diabetes, and dry mouth (saliva has an antimicrobial effect). Infections such as sore throat or sinusitis, or intestinal disorders, such as heartburn, ulcers, and lactose intolerance, also result in bad breath.

Bad breath can be intermittent as well. Food and drink, such as garlic, onions, coffee, and alcohol, can temporarily cause bad breath. Smokers also suffer from it. Whatever the cause, treatment involves correcting the underlying disorder—and/or perhaps trying a few easy solutions

Here are 10 ways to fight bad breath: smiley

1 .  Drink plenty of water and swish cool water around in your mouth. This is especially helpful to freshen “morning breath.”

2. Brush after every meal and floss, preferably twice a day.

3 . Replace your toothbrush every two to three months.

4. Arrange regular dental checkups and cleanings.

5.Scrape your tongue each morning with a tongue scraper or spoon to decrease the bacteria, fungi, and dead cells that can cause odor. Hold the tip of the tongue with gauze to pull it forward in order to clean the back of the tongue.

6. Chew a handful of cloves, fennel seeds, or aniseeds. Their antiseptic qualities help fight halitosis-causing bacteria.

7. Chew a piece of lemon or orange rind for a mouth- freshening burst of flavor. (Wash the rind thoroughly first.) The citric acid will stimulate the salivary glands—and fight bad breath.

8. Chew a fresh sprig of parsley, basil, mint, or cilantro. The chlorophyll in these green plants neutralizes odors.

9. Try a 30-second mouthwash rinse that is alcohol-free (unike many off-the-shelf products). Mix a cup of water with a teaspoon of baking soda (which changes the pH level and fights odor in the mouth) and a few drops of antimicrobial peppermint essential oil. Don’t swallow it! (Yields several rinses.)

10. One cannot know everything, please add yours in case you have any. 

Cc Dominique

I sincerely wish this piece gets to one Tif-Numbu, the AaaPeeCee national leader whom also measures as demi god in the Wasted part of Nigeria. It will help him overcome his oral toilet

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Senorita123(f): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2016
goingape1:
afonjas are believe to be the people who have the highest case of bad breath.

Same way your people are 'believed' to have the highest cases of mental problem and d brainless flat heads syndrome...U can't write a simple correct sentence in English language yet u choose to disgrace yourself on a public forum like this.Ode
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by ItzHoludex(m): 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
uncle tunji must hear dis
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by ItzHoludex(m): 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
uncle tunji must see dis
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by goingape1: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
Senorita123:

Same way your people are "believed" to have the highest cases of mental problem and d brainless flat heads syndrome...U can't write a simple correct sentence in English language yet u choose to disgrace yourself on a public forum like this. Ode
while you can't spell simple word!

by the way! try and space your sentence and learn how to use exclamation marks!
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Ramaa(m): 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hahahaaaa

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
Glaxxs:
Washh thrice every day and night.
Always lick TOM TOM.
And lastly just shut d fvck up even when you wish to say something undecided
Tom Tom has become too sugary and the mint flavor has reduced. Vicks blue is now the best.
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Lovelynature(m): 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2016
donblade85555:
dats what you guys think......They brush even more than you but their mouth still smells.........That is just how thier system is, is not thier fault.
You are right. Some bad breath occur as a result of digestive problems. In that case, the person in question is advised to get get a good digestive enzymes capsules from super market or shoprite, though can be quite expensive, but bad breath becomes a thing of the past after using a quality product.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Senorita123(f): 9:30pm On Nov 12, 2016
goingape1:
while you can't spell simple word!

by the way! try and space your sentence and learn how to use exclamation marks!

Even a fool knows that you is often shortened as U especially on social media. U really needed to get back at me that u had to mention exclamation mark. U really love the exclamation mark that u forgot that u were supposed to put comma after 'by the way' and not an exclamation mark. Always begin a sentence with capital letter(my five year old niece already knows that). Instead of educating yourself, u r channeling ur unproductive energy on the afonjas. U think u are tribalistic right, unfortunately today ain't your lucky day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tips To Eat Your Way To A Smooth Skin / 25 Interesting Facts About Your Eyes / Woman Narrates How Birth Control Nearly Killed Her (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.