Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka (36653 Views)

Wole Soyinka And Chimamanda Adichie At The Felabration 2019, Pictured Together / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by prince9851(m): 8:37am On Nov 13, 2016
richidinho:

Kid!
Who discover River Niger? Your dad?
so u are tellin me dat d british explorer called mungo park who came all d way from europe in d 19th century was d first person to c d river?
were pple not already livin around there centuries ago? wont they have already given d river a name?
or is it because d man was wyt?
ndi ara
because a wyt man came from britain and named the water 'nigger river', he has suddenly bcom a gr8 man
black foolish african like u...y wont deyy use u as slaves?

5 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by dingbang(m): 8:39am On Nov 13, 2016
chomytex:
Abeg we no need am.
I told u I needed liquid soap, u kept quiet. Phew
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by exnovio(m): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2016
You must tear ur green card and come back home.dont try to use grammar change ur words.

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Generalyemi(m): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2016
lifestyle1:
See grammer. He speak English pass oyinbo sef grin

Abeg guys support my girl on Instagram by liking her twerk dance video to help her win. Check link on my signature.

Thanks.

see ur life,,, twerk dance. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by linearity: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2016
More people voted for Hillary compare to Trump, the US by and large is still be governed by sets of laws and principles.

Trump needs peace to govern and the US citizens will take it likely if Trump carter to the very few. There will be riots and unrest on the streets.

The professor should also look to history and note that, Americans unlike Nigerians will be the the forefront of these fights and will be more than willing to give up their life for a good cause and the government will listen.

One of the major reason the Nigeria government has not sit up is because, no Nigerian is willing to take the fight to the government and organize peaceful disobedience even if it means dying in the process, but in the US many are willing to do it.

Mass riots demanding for Trump's resignation will also be enough to drive him out of office.
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by chomytex(f): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2016
dingbang:
dingbang:
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by dingbang(m): 9:11am On Nov 13, 2016
chomytex:
why u dey keep face like say u no Sabi wetin I dey yarn? Abi u no dey distribute liquid soap again? undecided
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by chomytex(f): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2016
dingbang:
why u dey keep face like say u no Sabi wetin I dey yarn? Abi u no dey distribute liquid soap again? undecided
you've got the wrong person bro.
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by bangging(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2016
gesundheit:

Go learn how to write first, then come back for a convo.
the last time I check u were not listed as the best writer in nairaland not to talk abot your village... Your best wole soyinka is from ogun state and ogun is still the worste place to be... Isemo and orro @times women ll be ask to stay indoors for 24hours, or the ll kw longer see there Menses... Thank God for free education if not you guys would hv been the worse in nigeria curtsy of Awolowo.. upon that your still dirty and smelling, let me ask you, you don baff? nor even brush your mouth today? Or who u epp? Am sorry for you man... I still feel your pain duh... Plz go and cash fire or boil stone.... Abi ofe kabuku? Ode bruku...

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by poweredcom(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2016
IF U LEAVE ....TRY ....TEAR D PASSPORT OO

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by lifestyle1(m): 9:30am On Nov 13, 2016
Generalyemi:

Happy Sunday General
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Lilcentt(f): 9:31am On Nov 13, 2016
I have to read his comment 3 times over before I can understand wat e is sayin This man is confuse

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by gesundheit: 9:33am On Nov 13, 2016
bangging:
the last time I check u were not listed as the best writer in nairaland not to talk abot your village... Your best wole soyinka is from ogun state and ogun is still the worste place to be... Isemo and orro @times women ll be ask to stay indoors for 24hours, or the ll kw longer see there Menses... Thank God for free education if not you guys would hv been the worse in nigeria curtsy of Awolowo.. upon that your still dirty and smelling, let me ask you, you don baff? nor even brush your mouth today? Or who u epp? Am sorry for you man... I still feel your pain duh... Plz go and cash fire or boil stone.... Abi ofe kabuku? Ode bruku...

The poverty in Nigeria have start having neurological effect on some Godforsaken neanderthal. One day you will escape the glass ceiling of stupidity and penury.
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by dingbang(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2016
chomytex:
you've got the wrong person bro.
woow.. i'm sorry.. so watsup, u school in uniport ryt?
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by chomytex(f): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2016
dingbang:
woow.. i'm sorry.. so watsup, u school in uniport ryt?
yea
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by dingbang(m): 10:07am On Nov 13, 2016
chomytex:
yea
me too. Wah Dept? I guess u done with exams
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by chomytex(f): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2016
dingbang:
me too. Wah Dept? I guess u done with exams
microbiology, yea I'm done
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 13, 2016
richidinho:
Why is soyinka disturbing people upandan?

We've heard of great men in this world, is this how they behaved before they died?

Isaac Newton
Michael Faraday
Yaw Ababio
Mungo park

Why our thing dey always dey different grin

Soyinka kor .... Soyabeans ni

With this kind of comment you will never reach the status of this man neither you or your coming Generation.

Why is he disturbing people updan, How has he disturbed you by what he stands for, how has his glorious life affected you crooked hatred filled life.

He owns the green card he wants to destroy, how has that destroyed your miserable life.

It is not compulsory to comment on every thread. Once you have nothing sensible to say you shut the f**k up.

I pity your unborn children inheriting this stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2016
frenchwine:

Dude I give it to you on your ability to play with words but hey! You shouldn't touch politics with a barge pole cos you always make a mockery of yourself.
Just like the typical Yoruba, dude is a two faced double-speak loudmouthed mor.on who chickens out when the chips are down.
Just got take a look at what he said above, it represents exactly what he helped to foister on Nigerians then he used his privilege to run off to utopia. Who does that? Pls don't come home, bugger off to the UK

I hate going tribalistic but this your senselessness will make me comment.

I wonder why you people are full of hate. I am convinced it runs in the blood stream of you tribe since the beginning. In the comment of the prof. I can't see where he has supported tribalism or racism but the more reason he is taking the step he is taking. And if u like it or not it is his life not yours or any other pained tribalised person on NL.
I have got lots of Igbos as good friends so I resist the temptation to answer you the way I would have loved to. Rather happy Sunday to you but try and get a life.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by josephbbs1(m): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2016
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by dingbang(m): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2016
chomytex:
microbiology, yea I'm done
alright. Please follow back. smiley
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by maasoap(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2016
BobUg28:
Its amazing how most Nigerians act sometimes. They tend to make out problem from what seemed not to be one. Trump said he will evict migrants from the states if elected the US president in one of his campaign promise.

Common sense should have informed Prof that such comments from Trump is a calculated gimmicks to garner the votes of most American Racists.

We agree that Trump is uncouth, radical and name it.. but that's was what sailed him. Remember, this was his first time in the game of politics, he need to make controversial statements that will leave his name in the lips of most Americans .
And if he decides to fulfil his campaign promises, what will you say again?

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 13, 2016
bangging:

When Awolowo was doing free education what was your leader doing with your wealth, He was busy building his own empire drinking akpeteshin upadan.
Before Awolowo did free education Yorubas have been seriously inlove and involved with education. Awolowo did not school with free education programme, he and his colleagues even schooled overseas with personal money.
Go and ask your parents what your leaders did with your wealth.
The first of Every good thing in Naija was through Awolowo.
The first TV in Africa, The first tallest building, The first University and several others.
I really can't understand why you ppl live with hate.
Every issue is turned to tribal war.
If you have personal problems with ppl leave it at that and sop insulting tribes.
Happy Sunday to you grin

6 Likes

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by hectorswag(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
lifestyle1:
See grammer. He speak English pass oyinbo sef grin

Abeg guys support my girl on Instagram by liking her twerk dance video to help her win. Check link on my signature.

Thanks.

Done! This your girl is making sense. wink
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by holluphemydavid(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
U are welcome prof, all expecting u to be back soon lol grin grin grin
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by engrchykae(m): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
lol prof helped to impose pmb on. Nigerians and ran off to the States only for him to run into the American version of buhari(trump)
soyinka is really heartless
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by lifestyle1(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
hectorswag:

Done! This your girl is making sense. wink

Thanks brother

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
prince9851:
so u are tellin me dat d british explorer called mungo park who came all d way from europe in d 19th century was d first person to c d river?
were pple not already livin around there centuries ago? wont they have already given d river a name?
or is it because d man was wyt?
ndi ara
because a wyt man came from britain and named the water 'nigger river', he has suddenly bcom a gr8 man
black foolish african like u...y wont deyy use u as slaves?
Hahahaha..... Don't mind the guy. Before Park's arrival, River Niger was invisible. Did you forget that the Blacks are full of filth? How could they have seen the river, talk more of giving it a name.

Come on, don't be ridiculous. Everything about the Blacks is Black, including their vision. No wonder. grin
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
exnovio:
You must tear ur green card and come back home.dont try to use grammar change ur words.
Few humans in the modern age give a fig about honour and principles. You think, for him, going back on his words would be a biggie? Stay there dey worry yourself.
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
Generalyemi:

Guess what bro? There's nothing wrong with a twerk dance. I watch lap dances to "feed my eye" too. It's okay to have fun. It becomes anathema only when we overindulge. And really, it's worth shaking one's head in disappointment when geezers with water-logged skulls are busy stealing our tomorrow and eating all of the "McDonald's" and "Marshmallows" in the country, and the youths are busy engrossed in such trivialities and prioritizing such infantile things.

It really is pathetic.
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by Decryptor(m): 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
A group of Protesters in the US were marching by the side of the road chanting: "NO TO TRUMP, NO TO TRUMP! TRUMP IS EVIL!!!..."

An old man rushes towards them and says, "Please help, my wife is having a heart attack...she's old and on a wheelchair and i am too feeble to push her and get her to the hospital...help me"...the protesters ignored him...

Some minutes later, a woman rushes to them crying and pointing to a burning building and says, "Help! My 2 kids aged 5 and 3 are trapped in the inferno. Someone should help me get them out...", But again the protesters ignored her...

Not long after, a young man runs towards them and says, " I was taking a walk and someone WHO LOOKS LIKE TRUMP was coming the opposite direction, i think it's HIM"...The protesters stop the chanting and ask, "Which way did he go? Come show us!"...

Moral: SOME PEOPLE PAY ATTENTION TO SITUATIONS THAT SHOULD BE IGNORED AND IGNORE THAT WHICH NEEDS ATTENTION!

Now between the Protesters and Trump, who is the REAL EVIL?
Re: Why I'm Leaving USA - Soyinka by lereinter(m): 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
agnotology

nigerians will now know the kind of favour theUSA has been doing for her by housing this kind of people. .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Life In Secondary School / Rain / Kanu: The Journal Of A Rogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.