Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls (30804 Views)

‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls / ‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls / ‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ivandragon: 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
whole lot of BS from WS.

nobody forced you to promise to cut your US residency permit if Trump won, you did it out of your own violation.

now that Trump won, no one can force you to cut it, but raining insults on those who call you out based on your unguided utterances is silly.

just say 'I won't be ripping up my permit anytime soon' & leave it at that.

12 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by plaetton: 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
Muafrika2:
I think the guy thinks too much of himself. He visited Kenya few years back and blocked the media out of a speech he was giving. Just a speech. He considers everything that comes of his mouth as important as his published writtings. undecided so much so that it should be protected from the media? undecided

He needs a reality check. And start being generous with his wisdom, If he believes he has got something useful for the world politics.

Exactly.

I used to worship this man as a god.

I lost respect for him long time ago when it became obvious that he was just another hollow , self aggrandizing Nigerian intellectual.
I don't really see him as an intellectual anymore, just a word salad chef.

He sees himself as a one-eyed man in the land of the blind.

I have hardly heard this man articulate clearly on any issues, except exuding bad belle and boastful rants.

His apparent cowardice in confronting the abuses of this current Administration speaks volumes.

17 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by KingNom(m): 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2016
THE NIGERIA SOLUTION: A MIND RE-DRIVE
Dear Mr. President, I suggest we make the best use of your tenure to fix the basic FOUNDATIONAL PROBLEM to all our problems as an emerging Great Country: the AVERAGE NIGERIAN MINDSET! Here we can fix the many issues of our Country by using 'ONE STONE to kill a thousand birds'.
Let us use the MIND RE-DRIVE STRATEGY. This is by renewing the minds of Nigerians (as many are with respect to Integrity, corrupt) through an AGGRESSIVE value reorientation campaign using all forms of Public and Private Agencies and media; Tv, radio, internet Print media, even the movies, musical artistes etc.
If the President through his powers ( with our Governors and other Political office holders) together with the teeming population can reproduce an 'Integrity' mindset in the average citizen, his work will be made much more easy in fixing Nigeria, cutting down the giant tree of Nigeria problems from its MAIN ROOT.
'Get a person to think of doing a thing AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do it.' Get the Nigerian person to think of doing the right thing righlty AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do the right thing rightly.'
Then will we have many 'high integrity persons' almost everywhere, fixing Nigeria. This way, the 'REAL POSITIVE CHANGE' will be deeply entrenched and sustainable for future generations.
A tree cannot make a forest alone, BUT CAN, through reproduction. Just Imagine if every Nigerian was thinking and acting with integrity at the various levels of our society, how our Country will be, Paradise!
If we fix our 'Integrity' values as individuals and as a Country, God helping us; Nigeria will become Paradise! _St. Nom S.
Pls share till it reaches everyone, We can be Great again, even Greater than ever before!!
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by MalcoImX: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
Sweetguy25:

How do you expect such a case to be adjudicated in a hopeless country like Nigeria?
So it's just your opinion unbacked by any judicial system.
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by mostHandsome01: 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2016
hmm
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Omeokachie: 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
Now I understand what OBJ has been saying about this man.

4 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Khrisfame(m): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by MayhorE(m): 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
AllTheWayUp:
grin grin
Soyinka is a mad man ----Afonjas and Abobakus can quote me anywhere.
you stood too low to say that, wise people don't talk like that

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ZoneBslayer(m): 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
MalcoImX:
Trump's worse. Just imagine what Wailers would say were Buhari to bring his family into top government positions as Trump is planning to do. I remember a Wailer complaining this week that Zahra should leave Aso Rock and go find work; a Catch 22 for Buhari, cos should she have work immediately after her university, the father would be accused of influencing the situation while millions of graduates are roaming the streets for years.
it is either there is no truth and honesty in you or you are downright incapable of logic and reasoning.. how can you compare a man who shat on our budding democracy with the barrel of a gun with a man who was actually voted in by thousands of people?? a lot of Nigerians are unbelievable!

5 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Joel3(m): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2016
this man just releases (bomb) mass destruction. take cover immediately. I repeat take cover.
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by mayorkyzo: 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
You said you would tear your green card if trump wins..why the plenty grammar,if you won't tear the card say so..nobody would beat you,instead of calling people names..you brought it upon yourself when you made d statement...foolish man...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by busoye19: 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
Professor Wole Babatunde Soyinka is a respectable figure far and wide. An erudite Professor per excellence. With incredible record in Playwrite and Poetry.
Be that as it may, his recent unguarded utterances is humiliating to his identity, as well as our nation as a whole.
Nobody requested his assessment on US survey in any case. He voluntarily pledged to destroy his green card ought to Trump wins the race.
Since Trump has won, he ought to have done himself all the more great by staying silent since he realizes that he can't stay faithful to his vow.
Somebody whose head has been cut off, and the lips is as yet climbing and down, what's left for him to say once more

4 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
This guy is certainly going senile. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Igtek: 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
Soyinka has no right to insult people asking him to keep his word. That is why we are not civilized. African mentality. Killing a fly with a sledge hammer, so many big words for a simple matter.

9 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by autonomous22: 8:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
Big big talk.... Soyinka kip to ur words o...

3 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by javispj(m): 8:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
He said it all..statistically speaking.. ignorance is found in every 6 in 10 Nigerians of today.. irrationality is now the other of the day n having fun, it's bases..if anyone say to all,I wish to destroy something of value that belong to him n some in all say go ahead with it,wisdom just showed u ur enemies.. the same way wisdom show king Solomon the real mother of the child in two women.

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by christofashion1(m): 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
Please what is Soyinka contributions to naija sef.....

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by divinelove(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
Soyinka you are a bastard, u r useless to America so tearing or threatening to tear ur green card is immature and inconsequential.

Even a high school boy won't threaten to tear his Americans green card.

What a show of shame, you lack integrity. You are asked to keep your word and you are blabbing and insulting people, cultist frm d pity of hell angry what's all those big big words for self it doesn't impress no one again

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by basingstoke: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
He got. Guinea fowl farmer

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by happney65: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
Someone opened his mouth and called the First Lady of a nation a Shepopotamus.Today, he is one who shouldnt be disrepected.So many heads are being used to carry load...Obinna Aligwekwe

And just today,Someone eat Bug live on CNN cos he said he would if Trump wins,My Soyinka should tear the damm thing Please and Please..Thank You omolola15 soyinka is a zoombie like you..A suuporter of Buhari.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by basingstoke: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hegoat .Guinea fowl farmer

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by scolex1(m): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
Omeokachie:
Now I understand what OBJ has been saying about this man.
i de tells u

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Tobitrueman(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
Meanwhile,

3 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Vince77(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hiploko:
are you sure you are oK? Who is truly mannerless between the poeple commenting and the old man who say he is a prof yet go about making motor park tout statements. He thinks America is Nigeria. Afonja gene runs in the blood and there is nothing education will do about it... 2 faced robot. A Dr in America promised to eat a bug if Trump wins and CNN showed him this morning eating the bug... When will Soyinka call the press and tear his green card? Lack of integrity is a worse form of corruption

Yea true I watched it live on CNN.

Soyinka never thought Trump would ever win that was why he made such a statement.

Im sure he has learnt his lessons...... Never say Never.

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by africanusvu(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
sincerely.i ve read most of this grey hair man books.the wisdom i saw in his book is far greater than d wisdom he potrays in most of his uterances and behaviour.makes me wonder if this actualy is d wole soyinka dat win noble price or he paid 4 it

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by dangotesmummy: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
Wole wole grin

When are you even going to barb this your bear bear signature you've been carrying around for years grin

I feel like playing with it grin

By the way wole please shut up and stop talking too much.all this rants are just sorry excuses on why you don't want to tear it.stop speaking with 2 sides OF your mouth grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Vince77(m): 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
You said you would tear ur card if Trump wins. Now Trump has won. Tear the card. Period.

What are all these grammar for?

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by olaniyi0(m): 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
NaijaMutant:

Asslicking per excellence grin

naso common sense scarce pass? even that of herdsmen not even this dull.
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by mercytripletz: 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
Soyinka is right. Common sense, u no get. No wonder, Nigeria is backward... mtcheeeeeeeeewww #I_stand_with_Soyinka

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Springsdy456958(m): 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hiploko:
Responding to that guy gives him some level of relevance..
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by MattFreeman007(m): 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
If Sey Hilary Clinton Won, Soyinka For Don Call Press Briefing On How Ready He Was To Tear His Green card..... Now The Opposite Is Inevitable He Has Just Remembered His Is A Yoruba Man And APC Chieftain At That.....

Last Year Obasanjo His Brother Openly Tear Cabin Biscuit Paper Say Na PDP Card, Comot Last Week Dey Show PDP Card..... Yorubas and Lies Na

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Behold The Jewel Of My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.