Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls (30808 Views)

‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls / ‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls / ‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by KwachImani(f): 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
Bollinger:

Win a nobel prize and then we can talk about "feeling" too much about one's self. He has earned the right. No single Nigerian in Nigeria has a quarter of his brain power.

Why isn't he using that brain to better his messy country?.........what inventions has he made?
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ABchukso(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2016
This brown-roof afonjalian old hag thought he can confuse us, no way, you can say a thing again without tearing that green card. Nonsense..

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ivandragon: 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
Aigbofa:

Out of his own volition you meant to write. Why on earth would he join issues with folks like you?
There are many Americans who vowed to move to Canada if Trump won, nobody is asking them why they are not heading to the borders yet.

People like you take everything literally and the reason is as Soyinka said, because you often don't have a good grasp of the subjects you are trying to discuss.

Thanks for pointing out the error.

first off, WS is a world renowned figure & he takes advantage of this to express his opinions on issues, so he is fair game when it comes to issues concerning him.

When people like WS make statements in public, they are airing their views with the mindset that people would reason with them & see things from their perspective.

As such, his utterances are subject to praise or criticism. If Clinton had won, won't he be thumping his chest on how he was so certain that a 'racist' won't win the US presidential election?

& you seeking to defend his honour, does he know you? are you his literal & mind reading interpreter?

& what is your business with Canadians supporting Trump? Are you Canadian? are you on local Canadian social media forums to know the conversations going on there?

When he made the statement initially & people reacted, why didn't he come out to clear the air immediately rather than wait until the elections were over?

Furthermore, you are the one who lacks understanding, the essence of my post is that WS owes no one an explanation on what he does with his permit, but he doesn't have to insult people who ask questions on a promise he willingly made.

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2016
ivandragon:

Thanks for pointing out the error.

first off, WS is a world renowned figure & he takes advantage of this to express his opinions on issues, so he is fair game when it comes to issues concerning him.

When people like WS make statements in public, they are airing their views with the mindset that people would reason with them & see things from their perspective.

As such, his utterances are subject to praise or criticism. If Clinton had won, won't he be thumping his chest on how he was so certain that a 'racist' won't win the US presidential election?

& you seeking to defend his honour, does he know you? are you his literal & mind reading interpreter?

& what is your business with Canadians supporting Trump? Are you Canadian? are you on local Canadian social media forums to know the conversations going on there?

When he made the statement initially & people reacted, why didn't he come out to clear the air immediately rather than wait until the elections were over?

Furthermore, you are the one who lacks understanding, the essence of my post is that WS owes no one an explanation on what he does with his permit, but he doesn't have to insult people who ask questions on a promise he willingly made.

My grouse is with the people who are asking him to literally tear up his permit. If I can't read Soyinka's mind why are you dead serious that he actually wanted to rip his green card?
Perhaps you can read his mind better than I do? Actually there are are more Americans who promise to leave the U.S and they are still not moving an inch. When will you start goading them to head to the borders?
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ivandragon: 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
Aigbofa:

My grouse is with the people who are asking him to literally tear up his permit. If I can't read Soyinka's mind why are you dead serious that he actually wanted to rip his green card?
Perhaps you can read his mind better than I do? Actually there are are more Americans who promise to leave the U.S and they are still not moving an inch. When will you start goading them to head to the borders?

I can't read his mind but I watched the video & that didn't look like someone who was kidding... (go watch the clip if you haven't or watch again if you have).

so those who took his words literally have a better stand than those 'wannabe mind readers'...

we are talking about our very own WS, a Nigerian Icon, so I don't get your obsession with what the Americans or Canadians are doing or promised to do...

but let me even indulge your foreign fetish, one of the poll analyst, in AMERICA, who promised to eat bugs on live TV if Trump won, has fulfilled that promise... so there are those fulfilling the promises they made... go figure.

when Bode George (I think) said he would leave Nigeria if PMB won, am certain you were one of those that said he should fulfil his promise, We knew he wouldn't, but it was nice calling out his dumb ass promise.

& he didn't, he was mocked & laughed at, but today, who really cares about him anyway?

WS should just keep quiet, ride the wave of embarrassment & carry on with his life.
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ivandragon: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
I can place a bet that if in the nearest future, WS does rip his US permit because of the incessant call out, those finding excuses for him now especially the 'mind readers' & those who claim he is being misunderstood, will be the first to shout how he has fulfilled his promise.

they will start trolling those who called WS out...
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by DeRuggedProf: 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
Chugavey:
My prof, respect! Instead of confusing us, why not just go straight to the point "I'm not tearing my green card" period?! We are not surprised sir, Afonjaism is beyond what you can control.

The grammar is laser focused to respect the nobel holder. The grammar is hereby authorized to carry out the tearing... grin grin grin.
You think grammar blind this guy? for where? He is old enough to decipher what is REALITY... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2017-2018 Chatbox / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.