Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,476 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa (6087 Views)

Why Did Yoruba Culture Survive In Latin America And Not Igbo Or Others / Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) / What Are You? Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by labamo07(m): 5:23pm On Nov 02, 2009
From survey it appears Igbo people are more business minded than any other tribe in Nigeria. Whats your opinion on this?
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by CarlosVent(m): 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2009
this is cos the Igbo race are realy hard working and also business inclined more than the others
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by yankidelta(m): 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
methinks it's igbo's, but they should learn to take life a bit easier cos a lot of them'll go any extent for material/financial prosperity no matter d consequence (just ma 2 cents).
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by Oluschenco(m): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
Igbo of course
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by echobee(f): 9:43am On Nov 19, 2009
igbo's. they are ready to do anything for money, even if they are told to bring their mother. they should cool down o.small small.
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by SisiKill1: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2009
Anyone who doesn't want to starve.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by Libra38: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
I think some people need to be tiped at the back here (refocus ur attention to the topic). The topic is WHO IS MORE BUSINESS MINDED and not WHO IS MORE MONEY MONGER?.

Pls, ur attentions!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by echobee(f): 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2009
pay attention for wetin, u think say na school we dey. take time. abi na u no understand english.
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by mamagee3(f): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
The Igbos are more business minded. tongue
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by foyeks2001(f): 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2009
the igbos but i dey always fear them because they can do anything to be wealthy
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by clemiss(m): 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2009
cause they believe that everybody is born equal & have equal opurtunity. they feed their wife & children till god do them part.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by Afam4eva(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2009
foyeks2001:

the igbos but i dey always fear them because they can do anything to be wealthy

Abeg, tell me one negative thing that Igbos do for money that other ethnic groups don't do.
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by Afam4eva(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2009
Igbos are just more business minded, PERIOD. That's why it's hard to find an Igbo persona that is very poor like you find in the North and other parts of Nigeria.
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by whiteroses(f): 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2009
the igbos get my vote and i respect them for it cos they believe whoever is poor decides they wants to be poor as i was told by my igbo admirer lol but they need to be less dodgy about it
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by TheSeeker(m): 11:52pm On Nov 29, 2009
Igbo people are the most business minded of all tribes in Nigeria, but with no bias motion, Hausa people are very very hardworking. As long as it's a job and it pays - even if it's very little money - an Hausa man can always be count in. They (Hausa extraction) also engage in some very strenuous jobs
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by EnerG: 12:47am On Nov 30, 2009
This could all be traced back to the colonial era, if you remember quite alright, the way in which the yoruba's accepted the white men was far more open handed than the hausa and igbo ethnic group did. That is why the yoruba people are more advanced in western education, but for the igbo's they were more interested in selling their farm produce to make enough money to meet ends need and some of them travelled to lagos to look for unskilled jobs from there they started doing business that involves farm produce from lagos to the east and it moved from generation to generation, For the hausa's I can't say much, but I know the are more business minded than the yoruba's. That being said the igbo's are more business mined than any other ethnic group.
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by whiteroses(f): 2:19am On Nov 30, 2009
EnerG:

This could all be traced back to the colonial era, if you remember quite alright, the way in which the yoruba's accepted the white men was far more open handed than the hausa and igbo ethnic group did. That is why the yoruba people are more advanced in western education, but for the igbo's they were more interested in selling their farm produce to make enough money to meet ends need and some of them travelled to lagos to look for unskilled jobs from there they started doing business that involves farm produce from lagos to the east and it moved from generation to generation, For the hausa's I can't say much, but I know the are more business minded than the yoruba's. That being said the igbo's are more business mined than any other ethnic group.
dats very correct, although diaspora makes us all feel as tho we are all one and the same but i've lived in an igbo land for a short period and i know hausa people very well and i can say that we are not the same at all, we are very different from each other and its amazing that we are all nigerians lol
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by clemcykul(f): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2009
i give it to the chinedu's of the world
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by Nchara: 3:36am On Dec 02, 2009
EnerG,

Who told you that Yoruba are more advanced in Western education than Igbo? Have you been seeing for e.g., the JAMB intake in the past 10 years?
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by TheSeeker(m): 4:38am On Dec 02, 2009
EnerG:

Isn't it ironic that a tribe that claims to be very educated has only produced OBJ and Late Adedibu as national leaders?
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 02, 2009
TheSeeker:

Isn't it ironic that a tribe that claims to be very educated has only produced OBJ and Late Adedibu as national leaders?

and since when has education become the single determining factor in national leadership anywhere?

How educated was George Bush and does Obama have a Phd.

Name any country in the world where a professorship is the requirement for ruling. I thought you'd know the difference between base requirement and sole requirement.

And in your own world, Adedibu is a national leader?

You want to start something, right?
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by TheSeeker(m): 5:09am On Dec 02, 2009
tpia.:

and since when has education become the single determining factor in national leadership anywhere?

Name any country in the world where a professorship is the requirement for ruling. I thought you'd know the difference between base requirement and sole requirement.

Education might not be a single determining factor but it sure is very important and can't be overruled. I could care less about their level of education (Obama and Bush) but sure they had some education - one that can be proven.

Adedibu being a national leader didn't come out right.
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 02, 2009
TheSeeker:

Education might not be a single determining factor but it sure is very important and can't be overruled. I could care less about their level of education (Obama and Bush) but sure they had some education - one that can be proven.

Adedibu being a national leader didn't come out right.

like Plato, you're day dreaming of Philosopher Kings

Philosopher kings are the hypothetical rulers, or Guardians, of Plato's Utopian Kallipolis. If his ideal city-state is to ever come into being, "philosophers [must] become kings…or those now called kings [must]…genuinely and adequately philosophize" (The Republic, 5.473d).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher_king

however, you must be aware philosophers dont automatically make good rulers.

To be a good ruler, you need something more than brain power alone.

According to Plato, a state which is made up of different kinds of souls, will overall decline from an aristocracy (rule by the best) to a timocracy (rule by the honorable), then to an oligarchy (rule by the few), then to a democracy (rule by the people), and finally to tyranny (rule by one person, rule by a tyrant)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato#The_State

Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:48am On Dec 03, 2009
@ tpia.
you have serious issues. i know your only problem here!
look here, if everyone on this thread had been saying "yoruba yoruba" will you have a problem? so whats the issue now?
you have SERIOUS COMPLEX ISSUES, YOU NEED HELP!!
if everyone said yoruba would you come to the defense and start a debate to prove otherwise? NO.
so why cant you just let this one be? JUST FOR ONCE, GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL!
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by EnerG: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2009
Theseeker you are a funny man, I thought you would be mentioning names like Wole soyinka, late Gani and other important yoruba personalities
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by Rapmoney(m): 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2009
Any business dat is not being managed by either Emeka, chinedu, Obinna or Chukwuebuka is doomed for failure grin grin grin
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by yousouph(m): 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2009
I tired for NIGERIANS o. Simple question turns to history and education. @topic. Igbo.
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by mamagee3(f): 7:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
The Igbos are more business minded. wink
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by Ndeewonu: 3:41pm On Dec 27, 2009
EnerG:

Nchara:

EnerG,
Who told you that Yoruba are more advanced in Western education than Igbo? Have you been seeing for e.g., the JAMB intake in the past 10 years?

TheSeeker:

tpia.:

When I saw this thread, I knew it would turn into attacks. I only pray it doesnt result in another CIVIL WAR! Which is probably what the poster wants to achieve.
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by daknsmooth(m): 6:45am On Jan 04, 2010
Why is it so hard for we nigerians to answer simple direct questions? The question is very direct and simple - Who's more business-minded? You either give a cogent response or shot the Bleep-up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by KingAzubuike(f): 5:46pm On May 14, 2020
yankidelta:
methinks it's igbo's, but they should learn to take life a bit easier cos a lot of them'll go any extent for material/financial prosperity no matter d consequence (just ma 2 cents).
Actually it's usually due to peer pressure. A Yoruba man can see his friend faring well and richer than him without feeling jealous, intimidated or ashamed. Same for hausas. But an Igbo man, NO , it's either he measures up to that feat or he surpasses it. Shame will allow him to go to any length.
Re: Who Is More Business Minded, Yoruba, Igbo Or Hausa by Darkseid(m): 7:46pm On May 14, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Actually it's usually due to peer pressure. A Yoruba man can see his friend faring well and richer than him without feeling jealous, intimidated or ashamed. Same for hausas. But an Igbo man, NO , it's either he measures up to that feat or he surpasses it. Shame will allow him to go to any length.
You have a point, and it's why we have a lot of mansions in my village with nobody living in them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

War In Benin Kingdom As Ogiamen Names Himself Ruler... / Traditional Medicine In Pre-colonial (negro) Africa: Superior To The European's / Many Nigerian Girls in nigeria have sugar daddy(aristo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.