Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Ethnic Groups - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ethnic Groups (746 Views)

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethnic Groups by plizzar: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2009
Hi
I`m Mathiu i`m from poland and I write master's thesis about your ethnic groups; culture, religion, population etc.
I need yours help. Do you know websites or books or websites from statistics where I find informtions ?? Please answer
Re: Ethnic Groups by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
any takers outside of google?
Re: Ethnic Groups by posakosa(m): 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2009
U're NO Master's student.

How can a master's student not know the directions to a library ? or not know who to use google---- YOU SHOULD Go back to Primary school.
Re: Ethnic Groups by posakosa(m): 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2009
You can't even properly formulate tenses. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ethnic Groups by AndreUweh(m): 9:13pm On Nov 02, 2009
He is not an Englishman. He is polish. The official language in Poland is Polish and not english. Hence, there is no need to blame the poster for not writting to your standard.
For you the poster:
IGBO (not Ibo please)
Hausa
Yoruba
Others are: Tiv, Urhobo, Nupe, Kanuri, Ibibio, Izon.
More to come later.
Re: Ethnic Groups by ChinenyeN(m): 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2009
If he wants to search the Igbo, he'll also have to search the term "ibo".
Re: Ethnic Groups by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
Yo mathiu, you prolly wanna try google scholar.
It provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources, including theses, books, abstracts and articles.
A search on the plain google isn't indepth enough.
http://scholar.google.co.uk/

There are other ones but you may have to sign up/pay to access info.
Re: Ethnic Groups by wumiabo(f): 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2009
Its so appalling how aggressive Nigerians could be. Is something wrong with our upbringing. At least give the guy the benefit of doubt and answer his question or is he going to corn you by asking for your ethnic group.

People should be respectful, this is why Nigerians outside the country have problem of trust. for all you care, this guy might be a polish, read the first 3 replies to him, never come back to this forum and have bad impression of Nigerians for ever
Re: Ethnic Groups by JamaicanQT(f): 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2009
@ wumiabo

COULDNT HAVE AGREED WITH YOU MORE, I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING

(1) (Reply)

Website For Gay Nigerians / Finally,affordable Dna Services In Nigeria / Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.