Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions (11380 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / Reverse Airtime Back To my Bank Account, I Want To Sue MTN / Appeal Court Awards 3M Plus Against MTN Over Unwanted Test Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by HarmonyDee(f): 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
mikezuruki:

Hello Harmony! You look really cool and beautiful too.
thanks.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by thunderbabs: 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
Tojued:

Please i'm personally interested in taking MTN to court. If you're a full time lawyer we need ideas. If they receive 50 cases every month its something. Even if we don't win the cases, simply instituting action is very important.

Sorry, buddy. Not a lawyer buh could recommend.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by YhungPablo(m): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
veekid:

who ll sue nairaland for locking us out of the other room this early morning without any explanation?
so we ar plenty.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by chux677: 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
I have been having similar experience with mtn, after several calls to mtn failed to address the issue i was forced last week to send a mail captioned;DISSATISFACTION WITH THE MANNER MTN IS SENDING POP UP MESSAGES AND DECEITFULLY TAKING MY MONEY.

I made it clear that am going to sue them if this illegality should continue......i have evidence of this mail and their responseand am ready to bear witness when necessary, They are not only doing this to me but to my mother ,wife, and co.

The most annoying thing about this was that MTN told me is was third party encroachment which i found irresponsible as they are indirectly telling me that they have connived with them to reap us off our hard earned money without our consent....this must stop.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN THE ACTION STARTS.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by fast2015: 2:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
supported
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by dantori(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
jstmee:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/12/col-umar-sue-mtn-over-fraudulent-deductions-unsolicited-sms

and how much go be the share of WE the public after we win the case
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by Ayopedro(m): 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
MTN is most useless network provider, this network deducts 50naira weekly from Acc for caller feel which I didn't even request for, have complained times without number but all to their deaf ear, last one was on Friday again on Sunday which is not up to a month or week even tough I requested for it
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by bejeria101(m): 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
They have already bribed their way out of the fine slammed on them by NCC,dis corrupt APC govt wld turn a blindeye and it wld die a natural death.
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by mikron(m): 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
Horo:
but the option to opt out is fully spell out
after they ve collected ur N50, its like u re sympathetic to mtn
Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by mikron(m): 11:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
Mosthandsomeboy:
Because of 50 naira
this is why we dont grow as a nation. most people dont know their rights

1 Like

Re: Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions by REVDIMMY: 1:57am On Jun 24, 2017
Oluwaseydex:
it happened that I loaded a 800 recharge card on my sim on Monday 30th may.Mtn deducted 55naira out of the money for an unknown reason,I kept my calm I didn't call them since I had much more on my sim.I slept and woke up the following day to transfer 200 to a friend of mine only to discover that they have deducted 400naira.I called the customer care to know the reason and after waiting for over 16 minutes,a girl finally picked up.I explained my plight to the girl and she told me I subscribed for some plans.music plus,SME VP device bundle of a thing which I didn't subscribed to.I told her to deactivate it for me and I asked about a refund and she said no refund could be made.I was dumbfounded about this act of injustice.The plan which I didn't use nor suscribe for and was charged out of my money.am sure if had been other networks they would made a refund.The money is not the problem but i just want people to know what this network provider is extirting us Nigerians.
Below is the message they sent for deactivating the plans.

Mods help me tag it to the necessary place so as to stop this network provider from extorting money from us.

Hope this helps..

How to Cancel All MTN Annoying Subscriptions Deducting Your Airtime

How to Cancel All GLO Annoying Subscriptions Deducting Your Airtime
How to deactivate all Etisalat services to stop deducting your money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12.3m Subscribers Await SIM Linkage With NIN / 10 Ways Nigerian Telecom Providers Frustrate Nigerians Everyday / Which One Should I Buy Between (infinix Note 3 Pro And Tecno Camon Cx)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.