Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,059 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (94966 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 6:24am On Nov 29, 2016
Conoil and Mrs don't sell synthetic oils or rather the synthetic oils are no where to be found. But Conoil golden super is an sae 40 and therefore is OBSOLETE. Our next focus is on Oando Oleum syn which was the new kid on the block years ago but it is now suitable for nothing.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 6:46am On Nov 29, 2016
According to Api, any current oil spec is very suitable for the older spec that it replaces. If the current 20w 50 is sm, why do we need sj, sl, and all the dead oils? Nothing prevents a vehicle made in 1990 to use SM rated oil. We wonder why Total and forte will have as oem specs, Bmw LL01 as one of the approved oils for cars built in 2002 and it is an api Sj. How can an oil with SN be specifically claimed to be compatible with GM diesel engines only while other foreign oils are gasoline complaint or both? I believe that the time to boycott these oils is now to save us from further economic woes. It is these same companies that are proudly selling dexron 11 and 111, an oil that have been taken ovet by events 11 years ago and because these companies are ignorant of the trends in the oil market, motorists are wasting money because they assume that the Goverment is protecting them by ensuing that they meet the current standards. For all those oil companies selling dexron 11 and 111 in 2016, please go bankrupt and save Nigerian motorists the stress of parting with their hard earned money to replace the vehicles transmission. Enough is enough.

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Konnektions146(m): 8:13am On Nov 29, 2016
Please always try to give credit/reference to the website you copied those info above from.

Good work
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2016
It is there and it can easily be googled. Most of these claims are from first hand experiences having done over 10000 oil changes in five years
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by anneki(m): 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
That's nearly 6 cars every day for 5 years. You have been busy!

sooperrescue:
It is there and it can easily be googled. Most of these claims are from first hand experiences having done over 10000 oil changes in five years
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by b2212(m): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
sooperrescue:
According to Api, any current oil spec is very suitable for the older spec that it replaces. If the current 20w 50 is sm, why do we need sj, sl, and all the dead oils? Nothing prevents a vehicle made in 1990 to use SM rated oil. We wonder why Total and forte will have as oem specs, Bmw LL01 as one of the approved oils for cars built in 2002 and it is an api Sj. How can an oil with SN be specifically claimed to be compatible with GM diesel engines only while other foreign oils are gasoline complaint or both? I believe that the time to boycott these oils is now to save us from further economic woes. It is these same companies that are proudly selling dexron 11 and 111, an oil that have been taken ovet by events 11 years ago and because these companies are ignorant of the trends in the oil market, motorists are wasting money because they assume that the Goverment is protecting them by ensuing that they meet the current standards. For all those oil companies selling dexron 11 and 111 in 2016, please go bankrupt and save Nigerian motorists the stress of parting with their hard earned money to replace the vehicles transmission. Enough is enough.

even mobil xhp carries an older s classification
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
[quote author=b2212 post=51484105]
even mobil xhp carries an older s classification That is the problem we have on our hands. We dont need any Sl rated oil in the country. Total has Sn on 20w50, even they have classic as 5 w 30 full synthetic but they sell classic sae 40 in Nigeria which is obsolete. Since the current oil can offer maximum protection to older engines, why are they still selling the old and useless oils.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
anneki:
That's nearly 6 cars every day for 5 years. You have been busy!
Not anymore. We used to service over 15 cars a day when i was working at Total zone 3 in abuja and with Oando in seven locations across Nigeria
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by MurphyG1(m): 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
Thanks sooperrescue

Please i need your urgent advise on this..

I recently purchased an engine for my BMW 3 series E46. Infact we are yet to test drive it. But its sounding very fine and its stable. Its a direct tokunbo and the engine oil is still looking nice. On the engine there is a sticker recommending Mobil 1 (I guess thats why the oil is still looking good). Now my worry is there are so many fake Mobil. My mechanic is recommending Total Q7000.. My mind is tilting towards Q 9000 but considering the cost (I need 4L x 2 = 8L).. Should I go for the Q7000 which is (synthetic based according to TOTAL) or Stick to Mobil 1, or manage and go for Q 9000.

*the engine has no sludge at all.. its so clean..*
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by adanny01(m): 11:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
sooperrescue:

This is another chapter you have opened.

Most ATF oils sold by these major marketers are Dexron II and it surprises me. Honda in particular does not like anything less than Dexron III. people always say Honda has gear problems but people dont know its the type of oil used that causes the damage. Last time i replaced ATF in one Honda, i looked for Dexron III in Oando and Total Filling stations in the entire Jos town to no avail.

This thread needs to go front page.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 1:13am On Nov 30, 2016
adanny01:

This is another chapter you have opened.
Most ATF oils sold by these major marketers are Dexron II and it surprises me. Honda in particular does not like anything less than Dexron III. people always say Honda has gear problems but people dont know its the type of oil used that causes the damage. Last time i replaced ATF in one Honda, i looked for Dexron III in Oando and Total Filling stations in the entire Jos town to no avail.
This thread needs to go front page.
That is the dilema we are facing in the country. No standards. I wonder how they feel deceiving us. The other day, an Oando Marketing staff was boasting that Dexron 11 was their fast selling product and i asked, in 2016? Imagine gearboxes that have been destroyed The transmission fluid that I used in my 1979 Renault 18 in Paris in 1990 is what Total is still selling to Nigerians. And no government agency to tackle them. I guess we have to invite the Consumer protection council into this matter.

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 1:23am On Nov 30, 2016
MurphyG1:
Thanks sooperrescue
Please i need your urgent advise on this..
I recently purchased an engine for my BMW 3 series E46. Infact we are yet to test drive it. But its sounding very fine and its stable. Its a direct tokunbo and the engine oil is still looking nice. On the engine there is a sticker recommending Mobil 1 (I guess thats why the oil is still looking good). Now my worry is there are so many fake Mobil. My mechanic is recommending Total Q7000.. My mind is tilting towards Q 9000 but considering the cost (I need 4L x 2 = 8L).. Should I go for the Q7000 which is (synthetic based according to TOTAL) or Stick to Mobil 1, or manage and go for Q 9000.
*the engine has no sludge at all.. its so clean..*
Since you were able to purchase a new engine for your car, try and follow the manufacturer's specs. Mobil 1 that Bmw referred to is not the one sold in Nigeria. It is the usa version. Bmw recommends either Castrol or Mobil 1. Dont go near those outdated synthetic blend oils. There are sellers of the real Usa Mobil 1 on Nairaland and it is in your best interest to protect your investment. If your car is above my2002, dont even use q9000 talkless of Q7000.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by MurphyG1(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2016
sooperrescue:
Since you were able to purchase a new engine for your car, try and follow the manufacturer's specs. Mobil 1 that Bmw referred to is not the one sold in Nigeria. It is the usa version. Bmw recommends either Castrol or Mobil 1. Dont go near those outdated synthetic blend oils. There are sellers of the real Usa Mobil 1 on Nairaland and it is in your best interest to protect your investment. If your car is above my2002, dont even use q9000 talkless of Q7000.

Hmmm.. Its 2004 and I reside in Abuja. Do you know where I can get real USA Mobil 1 in Abuja? Secondly, isn't Total Q9000 better than Nigerian Mobil 1? If I can't get the real Mobil 1 in Abuja what other option do I have? About Castrol.. I know there are different grades.. which one is the recommended please?

Thank you.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:31am On Nov 30, 2016
Total Q9000 is not near the quality standard of mobil 1 at least from my interim report. Mobil 1 0w40 can be found on major oem list while total is not listed especially vw. Gazzuzz and autotrader2 are both sellers of the real usa mobil 1. You can use Castrol gtx 5w 30 too.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by anneki(m): 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
Have you done a chemical test on Mobil 1 sold in petrol stations and Total Quartz 9000? Would be interesting to know what forms your present position that Quartz 9000 is far from Nigerian Mobil 1.

sooperrescue:
Total Q9000 is not near the quality standard of mobil 1 at least from my interim report. Mobil 1 0w40 can be found on major oem list while total is not listed especially vw. Gazzuzz and autotrader2 are both sellers of the real usa mobil 1. You can use Castrol gtx 5w 30 too.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 6:20am On Dec 01, 2016
anneki:
Have you done a chemical test on Mobil 1 sold in petrol stations and Total Quartz 9000? Would be interesting to know what forms your present position that Quartz 9000 is far from Nigerian Mobil 1.
Good question. From my little experience, Mobil 1 0w40 is not in the same category as the Q9000 sold in Nigeria. I pasted one of the few Q9000 that is ILSAC 5 compliant and that oil is not sold in Nigeria. It will interest you to know that TOTAL Classic and Q5000 also has SN and full synthetic rated oil but they sell to Nigeria Classic SAE 40 to take care of my 1979 Renault 18 when they are fully aware that it is obsolete. I have never done any chemical test on any oil but from continuous usage and at every six months of service, the sludge in an engine with Total q9000 is more than the sludge in an engine with Mobil 1 0w40. Even on a BMW, Benz and Range Rovers, you get the same result. The Mobil 1 0w40 has the 229.5 OEM approval for Mercedes while Total q9000 has the 229.1 and 3 minimum quality approval. Specifications and Approvals
Mobil 1 0W-40 meets or exceeds the requirements of:
API SN, SM, SL, SJ X
ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4 X
Nissan GT-R X

Mobil 1 0W-40 has the following builder approvals:
MB-Approval 229.3 X
MB-Approval 229.5 X
BMW LONGLIFE 01 X
VW 502 00/505 00 X
PORSCHE A40 X

According to ExxonMobil, Mobil 1 0W40 is of the following quality:
API CF X
VW 503 01 X
SAAB X
OPEL Long Life Service Fill GM-LL-A-025 X
OPEL Diesel Service Fill GM-LL-B-025 X
FIAT 9.55535 - M2 X
FIAT 9.55535 - N2 X
FIAT 9.55535 - Z2

The Q9000 future 5w30 that is ILSAC complaint has the older GM6094m and as the name implies, the oil is the future from Total stables to Nigeria, maybe in 2050. Mobil 1 0w40 is listed in VW oil companies list while Total is not listed yet they add the OEM approval on their label. And to cap it up, I once took a lady's range rover sport and serviced it with TOTAL 9000. On returning the car to her, I showed her the remaining two litres and she was livid, claiming that I want to destroy her engine. Thirty minutes later, a mechanic from Coscharis rode down in a Motorbike and drained the oil in my presence and used Mobil 1. End of Story.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 2:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
OANDO Oleum Syn

OLEUM Syn
Ultra High Performance Passenger Car Synthetic Engine Oil
VISCOCITY GRADES: SAE VG 5W/40
Oleum Syn is a premium, fully synthetic motor oil scientifically formulated with global ultimate active cleansing technology. It works harder to protect than conventional motor oils by continuously helping to prevent dirt and sludge from building up. For better responsiveness and improved performance, enabling your engine to operate at its full potential right up to the next scheduled oil change. Oleum Syn helps to minimise engine noise, and conditions and protects engines from the extra stresses of driving in modern start-stop traffic conditions. Oleum Syn is for performance motoring, and it rejuvenates and refreshes your engine
It is formulated to meet the latest API (American Petroleum Institute)
SN; ACEA C3-10(2010); PORSCHE A40; BMW LONGLIFE-04 and MB-Approval 229.51 specification
Good oil, better fuel economy, lower rpm. From what we can read on the OEMs, it has the approval of MB 229.5, better than TOTAL Q9000 and far better than Forte 10000. They also claim BMW long life 04. On BMW, it is better than Mobil 1 sold locally, TOTAL Q9000 and Forte 10000 synth as these oils are still on BMW LL01 which is for 2002 BMW. And it is an SN but not ILSAC 5 compliant. But there is a little important problem, the packaging process of the oil is compromised and as such it has turned into a destructive force. It has become a nightmare to motorists who ignorantly uses the oil. And the ACEA 3-10 badge makes it unsuitable for some engines or rather for some vehicles. If the production process is compromised and the oil is not suitable for some engines, OANDO Oleum Syn is Suitable for Nothing.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by b2212(m): 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
sooperrescue:
OANDO Oleum Syn

OLEUM Syn
Ultra High Performance Passenger Car Synthetic Engine Oil
VISCOCITY GRADES: SAE VG 5W/40
Oleum Syn is a premium, fully synthetic motor oil scientifically formulated with global ultimate active cleansing technology. It works harder to protect than conventional motor oils by continuously helping to prevent dirt and sludge from building up. For better responsiveness and improved performance, enabling your engine to operate at its full potential right up to the next scheduled oil change. Oleum Syn helps to minimise engine noise, and conditions and protects engines from the extra stresses of driving in modern start-stop traffic conditions. Oleum Syn is for performance motoring, and it rejuvenates and refreshes your engine
It is formulated to meet the latest API (American Petroleum Institute)
SN; ACEA C3-10(2010); PORSCHE A40; BMW LONGLIFE-04 and MB-Approval 229.51 specification
Good oil, better fuel economy, lower rpm. From what we can read on the OEMs, it has the approval of MB 229.5, better than TOTAL Q9000 and far better than Forte 10000. They also claim BMW long life 04. On BMW, it is better than Mobil 1 sold locally, TOTAL Q9000 and Forte 10000 synth as these oils are still on BMW LL01 which is for 2002 BMW. And it is an SN but not ILSAC 5 compliant. But there is a little important problem, the packaging process of the oil is compromised and as such it has turned into a destructive force. It has become a nightmare to motorists who ignorantly uses the oil. And the ACEA 3-10 badge makes it unsuitable for some engines or rather for some vehicles. If the production process is compromised and the oil is not suitable for some engines, OANDO Oleum Syn is Suitable for Nothing.

@ the bolded. easy on such statements except you got proof.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
Be on the lookout, get good oils for your engines. Which oil is not ideal for your vehicle? Point it out....

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
b2212:

@ the bolded. easy on such statements except you got proof.
I appreciate your concern and yes I have proof. I have bought over 1000 litres of oando oleum syn in drums from Oando and i can testify that the oil in drum was excellent, no oil shortage, lower rpm, that even a client with a pathfinder in lagos was complaining that the rpm was too low, better fuel economy, that a client with a 2007 v6 honda accord in abuja confessed that since he used the oil, his fuel consumption has reduced, and another client with a 2005 highlander in Benin was only concerned about the availability of the oil when the car is due for service after six months. That was the oando oleum syn in drums. Try the so called oleum syn in gallons and you will agree with me that something is wrong. I was recommending the oil to many people based on the experience of using the drums but the gallons are something else. You top the oil every week or the oil dries up. And according to Acea, C10 is good, stable but not suitable for some engines. That is what oleum syn is.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:55am On Dec 11, 2016
Motorists should be wary of the Castrol edge professional 5w20 sold by Eterna oil. It is an SL and Ilsac 3 . It is OBSOLETE according to ILSAC and therefore not to be used on any modern vehicle. The castrol edge professional is from the South African market and therefore it's not suitable for the Nigerian motor industry which is more tilted to the North American motor industry. Pictures later
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 2:01am On Dec 11, 2016
Been busy searching for the castrol edge professional 5w20 on Castrol website and the oil is no where to be found. The only one who can post thr picture is castrollubeng who is also on Nairaland. Please show us your 5w20 castrol edge professional. Thanks and happy Sunday to all motorists
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by autotrader2: 7:41am On Dec 11, 2016
sooperrescue:
Been busy searching for the castrol edge professional 5w20 on Castrol website and the oil is no where to be found. The only one who can post thr picture is castrollubeng who is also on Nairaland. Please show us your 5w20 castrol edge professional. Thanks and happy Sunday to all motorists

shocked
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by pannyman(m): 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
sooperrescue:
I appreciate your concern and yes I have proof. I have bought over 1000 litres of oando oleum syn in drums from Oando and i can testify that the oil in drum was excellent, no oil shortage, lower rpm, that even a client with a pathfinder in lagos was complaining that the rpm was too low, better fuel economy, that a client with a 2007 v6 honda accord in abuja confessed that since he used the oil, his fuel consumption has reduced, and another client with a 2005 highlander in Benin was only concerned about the availability of the oil when the car is due for service after six months. That was the oando oleum syn in drums. Try the so called oleum syn in gallons and you will agree with me that something is wrong. I was recommending the oil to many people based on the experience of using the drums but the gallons are something else. You top the oil every week or the oil dries up. And according to Acea, C10 is good, stable but not suitable for some engines. That is what oleum syn is.
2 Saturdays ago I decided to give the Oando Syn oil a try due to the high cost of the green cap Mobil 1. I used it in my 99 Camry V6. So far, so good. Better fuel economy and the oil does not run short. Still monitoring it.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Ikenna351(m): 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
There is

Ikenna, Lion King.

I, today, 28/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
pannyman:

2 Saturdays ago I decided to give the Oando Syn oil a try due to the high cost of the green cap Mobil 1. I used it in my 99 Camry V6. So far, so good. Better fuel economy and the oil does not run short. Still monitoring it.

That is good to know. We are not talking about the suitability of the oil for your model of car, we are talking about their claims. The Oando SYN that I used in drums was not the same that I used and stopped using in 2015 in gallons. That is the issue about the oil. For a 1999 car, API recommends that the current oil is able to render full protection to an older engine. We used it in a 2007 Toyota Camry and the oil dried up completely. The owner of that Camry is online and can testify. No leakage, just dried up and he later used a conventional oil.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:17am On Dec 13, 2016
Ikenna351:
There is wrong with your belief or perspective about engine oils you are judging. However, I hope and wish Peugeot owners don't visit this thread or apply what you recommend, for that will wreck their engines or manifest experiences they wont find funny.
I would suggest you go and study car brands, their engines and engine oils that work best in them. Basing your judgement on what some persons or bodies outside car manufacturing companies say about engine oils that are the best for all engines is very interesting and amusing to me.
Again, if you drive a Lion, stick to recommended oil brands and oil grades in your owners manual and or service book. Or you can choose whatever perspective that resonates with you. You have that choice. You always do.
Read the information from Peugeot, on picture I attached below.
Ikenna, Lion King.

Ikenna, the LION GUARD, it is funny to note that you have not come to terms with TOTAL oil's policy in Nigeria. According to the manual, it states use ACEA C2 in the first instance or use C3. Which of the TOTAL oils is C3 in Nigeria? Q7000 has a 5w30 among TOTAL oils stable, even Classic has a synthetic 5w20 and 30 in other markets and what do you get here? Q7000 is SL and 15w40. Which peugeot are they recommending the Q7000 SL for? Where are the 406s that was the inthing in the yesteryears? I was shocked when I saw Q5000 SN among TOTAL oil stables but what do we have here? SL. Even the classic that we ignorantly buy for our generators is destroying our gens because it is an SAE 40 and it is an OBSOLETE oil. Do you know that TOTAL sells transmission fluids dexron 6 and for CVTs in other markets? What do you get in Nigeria? Fluide 11d which is not even suitable for a 2001 Toyota. For your information, there are no lions in the wild anymore, they are now frolicking in the zoos. Without Government patronage, Peugeot is dead in Nigeria. And when you read about ACEA's classification, it states that the C2 and C3 are good oils, stable but not suitable for some engines. TOTAL does not have any ACEA C3 certified oil in Nigeria. Even the Q9000 0w30 that they just launched into the market is an SL. SL rated oil in the likes of Forte super visco 2000 is what they brought to the market in the form of Q9000 to deceive many motorists who will not look at the details on the gallon but buys it, believing that it is Q9000. Even the Q4x4 is also synthetic blend and they sell it to motorists who are using top of the range suvs that it is ideal for their vehicles. That brand needs to be picketed. They bring cars from France and sell us substandard recommended oils to destroy the cars. Lion King, merci beaucoup.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:37am On Dec 13, 2016
http://www.oilspecifications.org/psa_peugeot_citroen.php

PSA Peugeot-Citroën Oil Specifications

Motor Oils

The French PSA group issued a set of oil specifications in 2009 in order to exercise greater control over the motor oils used in their vehicles. All specifications are based on ACEA specs but also require further conditions to be met.

PSA B71 2290
Peugeot/Citroën engine oil specification introduced in 2009. B71 2290 is a low-SAPS oil intended for engines with diesel particulate filters and with Euro 5 emission standards. General specifications are: ACEA C2 or C3 with additional PSA tests.
PSA B71 2294
Peugeot/Citroën engine oil specification introduced in 2009. Main specification: ACEA A3/B4 with additional PSA tests.
PSA B71 2295
Peugeot/Citroën engine oil standard for engine before MY 1998. General specification: ACEA A2/B2.
PSA B71 2296
Peugeot/Citroën engine oil specification introduced in 2009. General specifications: ACEA A3/B4 + additional PSA tests.
PSA B71 2312
Peugeot Citroën has developed B71 2312 standard for oils able to endure the most severe thermal constrains along with most modern after treatment systems compatibility. The PSA B71 2312 standard applies to all Peugeot and Citroën vehicles equipped with “BlueHDi” Diesel engines fitted with SCR (Selective Catalyst Reduction) allowing NOx (Nitrous oxides) treatment through the use of AdBlue® additive or so-called “diesel exhaust fluid”. The standard also requires improved cold flow properties to reduce hydrodynamic friction of the oil, in order to obtain fuel economy benefits especially when the oil is cold. This extra requirement for cold flow properties allows excellent oil flow at start up, faster oil pressure build up, faster revs raisings and faster operating temperature reach. This type of low viscosity lubricant allows fuel consumption reduction and therefore reduces greenhouse gases (CO2) emissions.

Ikenna, please show us which of the TOTAL oil sold in Nigeria that meets these requirements?

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 12:50am On Dec 13, 2016
Hmm, interesting topic. I was going thru the oil spec for TOTAL Q9000 and I discovered that it is suitable for Peugeot cars made before 2009. The current oil for Peugeot and Citreon cars is not among TOTAL oils in Nigeria.

PSA Peugeot-Citroën Oil Specifications

Motor Oils

The French PSA group issued a set of oil specifications in 2009 in order to exercise greater control over the motor oils used in their vehicles. All specifications are based on ACEA specs but also require further conditions to be met.

PSA B71 2290
Peugeot/Citroën engine oil specification introduced in 2009. B71 2290 is a low-SAPS oil intended for engines with diesel particulate filters and with Euro 5 emission standards. General specifications are: ACEA C2 or C3 with additional PSA tests.
PSA B71 2294
Peugeot/Citroën engine oil specification introduced in 2009. Main specification: ACEA A3/B4 with additional PSA tests.
PSA B71 2295
Peugeot/Citroën engine oil standard for engine before MY 1998. General specification: ACEA A2/B2.
PSA B71 2296
Peugeot/Citroën engine oil specification introduced in 2009. General specifications: ACEA A3/B4 + additional PSA tests.
Total Q9000 5w40
INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS

ACEA A3/B4
API SN/CF

OEM’s approvals

PSA B71 2296
VW 502.00/505.00
BMW LL-01
MB 229.3
PORSCHE A40

PSA B71 2312
Peugeot Citroën has developed B71 2312 standard for oils able to endure the most severe thermal constrains along with most modern after treatment systems compatibility. The PSA B71 2312 standard applies to all Peugeot and Citroën vehicles equipped with “BlueHDi” Diesel engines fitted with SCR (Selective Catalyst Reduction) allowing NOx (Nitrous oxides) treatment through the use of AdBlue® additive or so-called “diesel exhaust fluid”. The standard also requires improved cold flow properties to reduce hydrodynamic friction of the oil, in order to obtain fuel economy benefits especially when the oil is cold. This extra requirement for cold flow properties allows excellent oil flow at start up, faster oil pressure build up, faster revs raisings and faster operating temperature reach. This type of low viscosity lubricant allows fuel consumption reduction and therefore reduces greenhouse gases (CO2) emissions.
It is really sad.......
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Ikenna351(m): 1:52am On Dec 13, 2016

Ikenna, Lion King.

I, today, 28/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 13, 2016
Alhaji Sooperrescue, kindly counter Ikenna's post inorder to convince or confuse us the more on your topic, tanx! grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 1:54am On Dec 14, 2016
Zoharariel:
Alhaji Sooperrescue, kindly counter Ikenna's post inorder to convince or confuse us the more on your topic, tanx! grin cheesy grin

Funny though. I am stunned to tell that I was restricted from commenting on this thread for two days by the moderator. Anyway, let me face the LION KING.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.