Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95195 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 8:30pm On May 18, 2018
TheCar:

Please when you buy or if you already bought Toks or Nigeria used car you can opt for local oil since your Toks or Nigeria Used Car is Manufactured locally by the local oil seller.

Whether Na New, Toks or Nigeria Used Car, just stick to the specified engine Oil Grade advises by Car Manufacturer.

Also those selling oil on the thread do not hold gun to your head to buy their oil.

Just read, understand and make a wise financial decision for your car.

See poor understanding of English sir.
I dont need to explain myself further.
Point understood.

But let me push a little point.
There are certain engine oil u cant get locally(Nigeria).
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 9:04pm On May 18, 2018
dollarnaira:

See poor understanding of English sir.
I dont need to explain myself further.
Point understood.

But let me push a little point.
There are certain engine oil u cant get locally(Nigeria).

He has told you to be wary of the error that you are advocating. That the toks and Naija used vehicles were made by Seahorse and Total since you want to use the low quality oils for them. Anyway the issue is now obvious that our local oils are doing much damage to our cars and in the end, we are the worse for it
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 9:35pm On May 18, 2018
The argument from onset had been 5w this and that which shouldn't bother us here in this region just as some manual suggested in form of range of 5w to 20w in comparison to temperatures.Finally,the discussion deviated positively to the authenticity of Api rather than 'w'.Hence,the trust for our "local" oil is doubtful as per Api and bc of this doubt I adviced guys with 15m naira car as an example to go for imported engine oils while we with old cars "toks" n Nigeria used one to source for our oils locally.When I said most guys here want to sell oil it was true as u can see from d thread WHEN THE DISCUSSION WAS STILL BASED ON 5W 20W.I think a pry 6 student will understand this short info.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 9:36pm On May 18, 2018
helpishere:

He has told you to be wary of the error that you are advocating. That the toks and Naija used vehicles were made by Seahorse and Total since you want to use the low quality oils for them. Anyway the issue is now obvious that our local oils are doing much damage to our cars and in the end, we are the worse for it

Nawa oooo
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 9:38pm On May 18, 2018
helpishere:

Says who?
Guy make research...
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 9:45pm On May 18, 2018
The three last posters this thread has gone beyond bickering to discussions on API and oil grade.... Recommendations and Approvals... Kindly keep the path.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 2:50pm On May 21, 2018
sooperrescue:

New cars buy imported oil. Was the toks and locally used oil built in Nigeria? You were the one that frowned at owners of expensive cars that uses 4k oil to service their cars. A used 2017 corolla is sold for 13m. Should the owner use our local oil?

Dont mind them bro.. USA has the strictest standard in the world, when it comes to cars coming into the USA.. They don't play around.. Look at what happen to Vw , they lie about their emissions about their cars .. VW had to pay billions of fine.. If the engine oil is damaging cars in the USA, that will be a ground for law suite .. But for the Nigerian market anything goes u can't blame the company now .. Even China products that enters the USA has the basic standards they must follow .. Nigerian oil sold for Nigerian market will not pass the American standard

Another fine example ,toys coming from China had a chemical that was very harmful to little kids, it contains lead posious in it. They had to ban them .. Coz kids were getting sick.. The parents went after the company in USA

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 5:48pm On May 21, 2018
Yea toks get level but an average Nigerian knows what toks generally means.Ok?

But now I clearly understand the understanding of guys in this group now.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:43am On Jun 06, 2018
We have it on good authority that Total is introducing the Quartz 9000 5w30 Onios to cater for the teeming motorists that have been yearning for good oil. The Dexron 6 ATF will also be available in July this year. Once I get the data specs I will share, especially for the transmission fluid. They also advised motorists not to use any other oil from their stable for the service requirement of the new generation Peugeot cars except the new entrant as the older oils will destroy the engines. Pushing hard for quality oils. I am still waiting for the response from MRS lubricant Manager.

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by AutoElectNG: 3:54am On Jun 12, 2018
sooperrescue:
We have it on good authority that Total is introducing the Quartz 9000 5w30 Onios to cater for the teeming motorists that have been yearning for good oil. The Dexron 6 ATF will also be available in July this year. Once I get the data specs I will share, especially for the transmission fluid. They also advised motorists not to use any other oil from their stable for the service requirement of the new generation Peugeot cars except the new entrant as the older oils will destroy the engines. Pushing hard for quality oils. I am still waiting for the response from MRS lubricant Manager.

Saw it a few days ago at a Total Station in Abuja

cc: Shalomc

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:16am On Jun 14, 2018
It is an API SL 0w30 but I think it is a fore runner to the latest oils but this oil is not good for any car as per the API Label. There is even a Total onios 0w30 that is suitable for the 2016 to 18 Range Rovers but it is not sold locally. I wonder which oils these my Range Rovers use on their engines.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 7:25am On Jun 14, 2018
sooperrescue:
It is an API SL 0w30 but I think it is a fore runner to the latest oils but this oil is not good for any car as per the API Label. There is even a Total onios 0w30 that is suitable for the 2016 to 18 Range Rovers but it is not sold locally. I wonder which oils these my Range Rovers use on their engines.
Wrong. They are API SN.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
weyreypey:

Wrong. They are API SN.

Please show us the picture evidence of Quartz 9000 0w30 that is sold in Nigeria. Not the one you see on the web. Quartz 4x4 and 0w30 are all API SL.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Almaiga: 8:47am On Jul 01, 2018
sooperrescue:
Bro, what do you think about Oando 0w30 and the 5w30? I saw this in one of their petrol station close to my place.
When buying recommended engine oil in Nigeria, does brand really matters assuming the rating is the recommended rating stated in the car manual.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:20am On Jul 01, 2018
Almaiga:

Bro, what do you think about Oando 0w30 and the 5w30? I saw this in one of their petrol station close to my place.
When buying recommended engine oil in Nigeria, does brand really matters assuming the rating is the recommended rating stated in the car manual.
I have heard of their 5w30 but I dont know of the other brand. I can vouch for oando in drums even when it was 5w40, but not in their gallons. They dont have an r&d dept and even if they have is just not effective. Their quality assurance is zero. When a manufacturer recommends an oil type for their cars, we should follow the rule. For honda and Toyota, they recommend gasoline engine oils and I am convinced that they mean use only oils meant for gasoline engines and not diesel and gasoline. That is the difference no matter the ratings. Mobil 1 0w40 is now advanced full synthetic even though it is for fuel and diesel cars while the US spec of 0w40 is gasoline only. That is one of the reasons that makes our engines to smoke and wear off.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Almaiga: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2018
sooperrescue:
I have heard of their 5w30 but I dont know of the other brand. I can vouch for oando in drums even when it was 5w40, but not in their gallons. They dont have an r&d dept and even if they have is just not effective. Their quality assurance is zero. When a manufacturer recommends an oil type for their cars, we should follow the rule. For honda and Toyota, they recommend gasoline engine oils and I am convinced that they mean use only oils meant for gasoline engines and not diesel and gasoline. That is the difference no matter the ratings. Mobil 1 0w40 is now advanced full synthetic even though it is for fuel and diesel cars while the US spec of 0w40 is gasoline only. That is one of the reasons that makes our engines to smoke and wear off.
Thanks for the quick response.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2018
sooperrescue:
Well stated.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
sooperrescue:
The oil I used for my Mercedes Benz 2001.... What do you think?

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2018
After you threaten people with your 20w50? Good to know that you finally listened to reason
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
helpishere:
After you threaten people with your 20w50? Good to know that you finally listened to reason
If I didn't threaten...they wouldn't learn.... I had this all along.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
weyreypey:

If I didn't threaten...they wouldn't learn.... I had this all along.
The best form of defence is to attack. Good to know. According to Sooperrescue, that your e class is one of the best. Hold it well. The options in that car, a 2018 camry does not have it especially the brake assist.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2018
helpishere:

The best form of defence is to attack. Good to know. According to Sooperrescue, that your e class is one of the best. Hold it well. The options in that car, a 2018 camry does not have it especially the brake assist.
You sabi...

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
weyreypey:

You sabi...
i hope say sludge nor dey the engine. Liqui moli is ok
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2018
sooperrescue:
i hope say sludge nor dey the engine. Liqui moli is ok
Liquimoly is excellent.... Engine flushed...cheap oil ran before Liquimoly...
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2018
weyreypey:

Liquimoly is excellent.... Engine flushed...cheap oil ran before Liquimoly...
After you don give hope to our team of 20w50 naija oyel, you come go hide dey use better oil. I go report you o.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2018
sooperrescue:
After you don give hope to our team of 20w50 naija oyel, you come go hide dey use better oil. I go report you o.
People don't take advice.... You need to mislead them to correct them.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by EcheCastrol: 11:44pm On Jul 01, 2018
The best Anti-sludge Engine oil is Castrol 20W-50.
https:///2IJnsvE

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by EcheCastrol: 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2018
Castrol 20W-50 is specifically for Anti-sludge and High mileage purposes.
Get it through the link

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 2:46am On Jul 02, 2018
EcheCastrol:
Castrol 20W-50 is specifically for Anti-sludge and High mileage purposes.
Get it through the link
I went through the link and it is not reachable. Can you give us the spec sheet of the oil? And the cars it is suitable for and their year limit. We will also want to know more about the magnatec and the spec sheet too if you can oblige us

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 6:43am On Jul 02, 2018
EcheCastrol:
The best Anti-sludge Engine oil is Castrol 20W-50.
Substantiate your claims...
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2018
Castrol guy,, you travel?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by SmartToyota(m): 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
Lol, usain bolt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.