Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,359 members, 7,780,979 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:47 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (94135 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Gramondhigh(m): 10:03am On Mar 26, 2017
I used mobil 20w 50, can i change back to total 5w30?, i did because the oil was already bad and i hadnt money to buy the mobil 1 5w30, my car is a 2003 toyota corolla with a 65,000 millage. i feel some very tiny particles on the dip stick of the gearbox, the colour is brown, but it doesnt smell burnt, is it due for change? pls help, am a first timer. and i dont want to have issues with the car, if its due for change whats the best ATF to use, and how often does it need to be changed?
autotrader2:

My brother, Toyota has spelt it out for you. Our weather is hot here grin. Use the Genuine Toyota Motor Oil 5w20.

Just today a customer using a 2006 Camry bought the Genuine Toyota Motor Oil from us and he used it in his car this afternoon. He called me shortly so excited about how his engine had transformed from a noisy pan to an epitome of coolness and efficiency with all the check engine lights off. That's what the Genuine Toyota Motor Oil does for your engine. Some call it wonderful, I just call it precious oil grin

Call 09086679585 to purchase it at the promo price of 2,500 per quart and 30k for a carton of 12 Quarts. It will be the best call you made this year.

Nationwide Shipping from PH
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
Your corrola requires 5 w 30 sl, but you can use even an. Yes, use the correct specification and for the atf, use type tiv atf from Toyota
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by shotuns: 12:31pm On May 02, 2017
Hello Sopperescue, Please what are the alternative recommended engine oil and ATF for a 2003 ford explorer? Read SAE 5W-30 is the recommended, currently using Coastal 5W-30 synthetic blend, is this good ? and for the ATF it is using Certified perfomance engineered instead of the Mercon V recommended.. Is it a godd idea? oil change every 3 months regardless of how many KM covered.

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:57pm On May 02, 2017
shotuns:
Hello Sopperescue, Please what are the alternative recommended engine oil and ATF for a 2003 ford explorer? Read SAE 5W-30 is the recommended, currently using Coastal 5W-30 synthetic blend, is this good ? and for the ATF it is using Certified perfomance engineered instead of the Mercon V recommended.. Is it a godd idea? oil change every 3 months regardless of how many KM covered.
Coastal is good. The Motocraft recommended is mostly found as synthetic blend. But I dont know the alternative ATF that you are talking about. Ford is very delicate when it comes to their transmission and it is advisable to use Mercon V or its equivalent which are superior fluids that can handle Mercon LV like Syngard .Servicing of your car is 6 months even with Coastal. It is an API SN better than the local labels

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by michaelchinedu(m): 10:22am On May 03, 2017
AVAILABLE CARS FOR SALE CONTACT FOR MORE INFO AND OTHER.
1999 toyota camry for sale available at an auction rate of 450,000 naira with full option to place an order you can contact on +2347036879479 Or you Can WhatsApp me too thank you.

I have a tokunbo Benz C220 "97" for sale @ 1.2 Million,
It is very clean.
Direct from Germany.
call +2347036879479 Or you Can WhatsApp me too for more pictures and clean Business thanks

benz C220 1997 for sale

alloy wheels

Power windows

power door locks

Air Bags

ABS

5 speed Auto Transmission

open roof

auto

Factory fitted AC

*Direct from Germany*.

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by LeJeun3: 11:08pm On May 07, 2017

Thinking of investing in Royal Purple Oils.......... What is your take on this!?

Top 5 Synthetic Oils for 2017

1. Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 Synthetic Oil Review. When you speak of synthetic oils, one of the most respected brands is perhaps Royal Purple. ...
2. Mobil 1 5w30 Synthetic Oil Review. ...
3. Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 Motor Oil Review. ...
4. Castrol 03087-3PK Oil Review. ...
5. Valvoline 787007 SAE 5W-30 Oil Review.

http://www.researchcore.org/todays-best-synthetic-motor-oil-reviews/
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by medacares: 9:08am On Jun 04, 2017
sooperrescue:
You are right about that. Super Visco and OandoXL are good but from available research, these oils turn to gel within two months and less than 3000 miles. When I said, we choose TOTAL Q9000, it means that it conforms to its claims as a good synthetic oil for its own category and the ACEA certifications which it claims to have, is ideal and suitable for all types of Engines. We want to know why we are going foreign in our choice of Engine oils and I am the No 1 culprit because the cars that I currently work on, which like you stated, are North American Cars and they require Castrol and we feel there must be an alternative to Castrol oil when servicing AUDIs, BMWs, LAND ROVERs amongst our local oil labels so that we don't destroy our engines in the name of buy made in Nigeria products. TOTAL Q9000's claims have been verified but we dont know if it has the General Motors 2 Dexos certification. We will get that information from their Lube Engineers soon. We are moving to FORTE 10000 Synth and while awaiting the specs sheet from them, we can take your comments on your experience using TOTAL Q9000 on your engines.

Pls I have an issue with my car engine oil. I use Toyota 5w20 engine oil. I still experience oil shortage and the car does not smoke and there is no leakage from any where. Pls what's d solution to this. I drive a Toyota Camry 2008.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by awiriwa: 11:28am On Jun 04, 2017
medacares:

Pls I have an issue with my car engine oil. I use Toyota 5w20 engine oil. I still experience oil shortage and the car does not smoke and there is no leakage from any where. Pls what's d solution to this. I drive a Toyota Camry 2008.

I think the issue is with your engine and not the engine oil. Just Google that oil shortage thing for 07 and 08 models of Camry. Something to do with defective piston rings
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2017
Check if there is sludge in your engine and not every 5w20 is suitable for your engine. What product are you using?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Jlow2: 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2017
sooperrescue:
We spoke to Standards Organisation of Nigeria yesterday about their label on Forte VStatic and they claim that their label is there because the product was registered and not tested. Forte is the one that claims the oil to be what it is. Forte oil Lube manager said that the fact that it is SG does not make the oil obsolete, that it can still be used by motorists whose vehicles are before 1993. I told them to either withdraw the product or put a caveat that this oil is not suitable for cars made after 1993. He said that is not possible. What he refused to understand is that even owners of cars made before 1993 use drum oil on their engines. He refused to disclose the name of the company who produces their 10000 synth abroad because all their OEM claims are not accurate. An oil sold publicly is being shielded from the public about its claims. We are still investigating.
i bet u this forte oils re made in the middle east,may be u.a.e ,der motor oils re good also.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:02am On Jun 09, 2017
They claimed it was made in Holland
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by saintpet(m): 6:16am On Jun 13, 2017
I use a Hyundai sonata 2006 model b612 engine what oil should I use for my servicing. Today is the day I set aside for servicing
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2017
5w30. Try mobil 1 usa 5 w 30. Ask Gazzuzz, he sells the oil
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by awiriwa: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
sooperrescue:
5w30. Try mobil 1 usa 5 w 30. Ask Gazzuzz, he sells the oil

Are you sure it's 5w30? Check again, looks like it's 5w20 oil that's required on the '06 Sonata
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by thebigkendo(m): 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
sooperrescue i top up about 1 quart of engine oil between servicing(6 months), i use advanced full synthetic mobil 1 5w-30, i am thinking of changing to 5w-40, what is your take? car is 2007 honda Accord with milage of about 144000 miles.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Dbkk: 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2017
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
awiriwa:

Are you sure it's 5w30? Check again, looks like it's 5w20 oil that's required on the '06 Sonata
You are right about that.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
thebigkendo:
sooperrescue i top up about 1 quart of engine oil between servicing(6 months), i use advanced full synthetic mobil 1 5w-30, i am thinking of changing to 5w-40, what is your take? car is 2007 honda Accord with milage of about 144000 miles.
Have you been using mobil 1 all the time? In some cars, the oil loses a litre at every 1000mls but in most cases, the sludge in the car is making the engine to ask for more oil. I advise that you check the sludge if it is in your engine. Stick to the 5w30, buy from genuine sources
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by thebigkendo(m): 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
sooperrescue:
Have you been using mobil 1 all the time? In some cars, the oil loses a litre at every 1000mls but in most cases, the sludge in the car is making the engine to ask for more oil. I advise that you check the sludge if it is in your engine. Stick to the 5w30, buy from genuine sources

Thanks for your response.. Got the car nigerian used, so i don't know what engine oil the previous owner used for 2 years but since i bought it have used Mobile 1, motor runs fine and all, just the "small" oil shortage
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by ocheboy(m): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2017
Hello,

Please I need an alternative to the Esso atf for peugeot 807.

I hear it should be synthetic.

Urgent please as I have currently replacing th gearbox.

It's a 3.o v6 with the al-4 box

Thank you
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2017
Syngard global synthetic fluid
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Ikenna351(m): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
ocheboy:
Hello,

Please I need an alternative to the Esso atf for peugeot 807.

I hear it should be synthetic.

Urgent please as I have currently replacing th gearbox.

It's a 3.o v6 with the al-4 box

Thank you

I recalled I posted in this thread that any Peugeot owner that comes to this thread to learn right oil for his engine will end up wrecking his engine. As if that's is not enough, you want to wreck your gearbox as well.

I also don't know where you got the information that your gearbox model is AL4. I posted few days ago about this. Just because you can get free information online doesn't mean they are all accurate, correct, true or fact. AL4 has no business with any Peugeot 807 with V6 engine.

Check my profile. I created a topic on the recommended ATF for your transmission. The ATF can picture is there. I used to sell it. It's still available in Nigeria. Look for it or use whatever oil they suggested for you here. You have that choice. However, don't blame anyone or Peugeot for what your choice manifested for you. For at the end, you are the one that may or not have another failed transmission.

Ikenna351.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
http://www.caarparts.co.uk/lubricants-fluids/Transmission-Oils/Peugeot/807/all/2.2/2003/Parts.aspx
I don't know why you take pride in a lion that is in the zoo. Syngard is the highest transmission fluid that other atf copied from Left to you, you would have recommended total fluide 11d. I once asked you to tell the oil suitable for the new peugeots and till now, you have not returned to tell us. It was recently I was told that Pan recommends Mobil 1 5w30 esp but meanwhile, peugeot is still recommending Total which is not available in Nigeria.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by ocheboy(m): 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
hello Ikenna,

thanks for the response tho. its a ZF transmission 4HP-20.

according to the vehicle manual ( picture attached) . its a 4hp-20 AL4 box.

do share the link to the oil you sell. id be glad to check it out

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by ocheboy(m): 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
Thanks bro.

its a 3.0 V6 not the 2.2

regards

sooperrescue:
http://www.caarparts.co.uk/lubricants-fluids/Transmission-Oils/Peugeot/807/all/2.2/2003/Parts.aspx
I don't know why you take pride in a lion that is in the zoo. Syngard is the highest transmission fluid that other atf copied from Left to you, you would have recommended total fluide 11d. I once asked you to tell the oil suitable for the new peugeots and till now, you have not returned to tell us. It was recently I was told that Pan recommends Mobil 1 5w30 esp but meanwhile, peugeot is still recommending Total which is not available in Nigeria.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
I believe this is the link to the syngard

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by ocheboy(m): 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
Brotherly, Thank you
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by brightnelly(f): 12:20am On Jul 06, 2017
Good morning my able engineers!!! Please which servicing oil is best for American cars except Mobil 1 because that one pass my power embarassed (DODGE GRAND CARAVAN)?

CC sooperrescue
CC Ikenna351
CC autotrader2
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by autotrader2: 12:45am On Jul 06, 2017
brightnelly:
Good morning my able engineers!!! Please which servicing oil is best for American cars except Mobil 1 because that one pass my power embarassed (DODGE GRAND CARAVAN)?

CC sooperrescue
CC Ikenna351
CC autotrader2

I don't know the year of your Dodge Caravan, but i guess its not too recent. In that case 5w30 is the spec. You can use Toyota Motor Oil 5w30 for it. It would serve excellently grin
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by brightnelly(f): 12:49am On Jul 06, 2017
autotrader2:

I don't know the year of your Dodge Caravan, but i guess its not too recent. In that case 5w30 is the spec. You can use Toyota Motor Oil 5w30 for it. It would serve excellently grin
2008 model
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by brightnelly(f): 12:49am On Jul 06, 2017
autotrader2:

Any recommendation on BRAND?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by autotrader2: 12:53am On Jul 06, 2017
brightnelly:

Any recommendation on BRAND?

You can use the Toyota Motor Oil 5w30. Its made by ExxonMobil for Toyota. Its essentially mobil-1 packaged for Toyota

You can get it from me at a good rate, that's if you decide to use it wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

President Putin In Finland With Bomb-proof Limo That Can Stay Underwater(Photos) / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.