Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff (14814 Views)

Governor Obaseki Appoints 18 Special Assistants On Gender / Governor Obaseki Appoints 192 Special Assistants In Edo State / Obaseki Appoints Esther Ikponmwen As New CJ As Edo Assembly Suspends Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Franchise21(m): 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2016
I can clearly see the play of politics in this appointment. Osarodion Ogie, the past immediate Commissioner of Works, planned contesting for the APC Governorship Primaries n his Oga "Oshiomole" beckoned on him to step down the made him Obaseki's Campaign Team Chairman.

Now this is d way Obaseki can pay him bk by making him his SSG.. Politics too sweet... I must play it grin
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Rockyrascal(m): 1:08pm On Nov 14, 2016
Yea prof akerele,that's my town man....congrats once more Gov obaseki.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Mavrick2012: 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2016
Proudly ANETUNO!
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Rockyrascal(m): 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
donphilopus:
The newly sworn-in Governor of Edo State, Mr Godwin Obaseki has appointed Mr Taiwo Francis Akerele as his Chief of Staff.

Details later...

He has hit the ground running.

Full details

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/215300-governor-obaseki-appoints-ssg-spokesperson.html
the Don philophus I greet u sir.....maku oooo!!!.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Rockyrascal(m): 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
kermitDfrog:
yoruba shocked
not yorouba but igarra (edo north).
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by ogunsj: 1:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
AreaFada2:
Good.

He should give another big post to an indigene of Edo Central next.
for how many votes una give am? Abeg pack well make we see road.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by ogunsj: 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
YourNemesis:

He is from Akoko Edo (Okpameri or Etuno)

Although a lot of Akoko-Edo, Owan East and Owan West people bear Yoruba names.
your head dey there. don't mind people wen no even know the map edo state go dey for nairaland dey do analysis for edo head.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by tarekamos: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2016
jossy4joseph:
They should enjoy for few months before the rightful winner of the election takes over but i hope they will not empty the treasury before then.

Continue dreaming, when you dream finish make you call my number
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Asiwaju9ja(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
donphilopus:
The newly sworn-in Governor of Edo State, Mr Godwin Obaseki has appointed Mr Taiwo Francis Akerele as his Chief of Staff.

Details later...

He has hit the ground running.

Full details

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/215300-governor-obaseki-appoints-ssg-spokesperson.html

Taiwo AKA Karl Maxx Ma Ku o! That's my Homeboy From wayback in Uniben
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by donphilopus: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Asiwaju9ja:

Ozoku onu vi avo no.. Makuwu bros.

I celebrate with the Igarraians. Out of the 3 appointments made so far, 2 are from Igarra. That calls for celebration na.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by donphilopus: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
Rockyrascal:
the Don philophus I greet u sir.....maku oooo!!!.

Makuwu bros.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Asiwaju9ja(m): 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2016
donphilopus:

Ozoku onu vi avo no.. Makuwu bros.

I celebrate with the Igarraians. Out of the 3 appointments made so far, 2 are from Igarra. That calls for celebration na.

Mayaki Nave? Correct
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Asiwaju9ja(m): 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
donphilopus:

Makuwu bros.

Avoso. Avu dashi nini?
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by donphilopus: 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
Asiwaju9ja:

Avoso. Avu dashi nini?
Ya dashi o bros
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by donphilopus: 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
Asiwaju9ja:

Mayaki Nave? Correct
Yea. John Mayaki.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by back2sender: 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
Asiwaju9ja:

You head dey there.
Karl max of pol science, my junior back then when i was in Uniben science faculty. I dey chance back then oooo, naa bros he dey call me, levels don change.
I am happy for him and the progress he has made in his life from Uniben, featuring in patitos gang show, working in CVL, one of the new generations bank, i think LBS or so too and now in politics. I don take style old sha ooo, time don reach make i retire from NAIRALAND SEF.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by AreaFada2: 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
ogunsj:
for how many votes una give am? Abeg pack well make we see road.

I do not have any personal connection with Edo Central. But he's the governor of the whole Edo State. In political appointment, the best way to tell people who did not vote for you that you mean well is to magnanimous to them. He has to be bigger than those petty things in order to bring unity.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
back2sender:

You head dey there.
Karl max of pol science, my junior back then when i was in Uniben science faculty. I dey chance back then oooo, naa bros he dey call me, levels don change.
I am happy for him and the progress he has made in his life from Uniben, featuring in patitos gang show, working in CVL, one of the new generations bank, i think LBS or so too and now in politics. I don take style old sha ooo, time don reach make i retire from NAIRALAND SEF.

Children too full here I tell you.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
Rockyrascal:
Yea prof akerele,that's my town man....congrats once more Gov obaseki.
Not Prof. But him small Nephew.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Rockyrascal(m): 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
Asiwaju9ja:

Not Prof. But him small Nephew.
that is prof akerele in uniben right?
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by donphilopus: 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2016
Rockyrascal:
that is prof akerele in uniben right?

No. I think he's Prof's nephew or so.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by OAUTemitayo: 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
donphilopus:

He's not Yoruba o. He's from Igarra (my town) in Edo State. Though most of us bear Yoruba names and understand Yoruba language.
They must have some connection with Yoruba
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Rockyrascal(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
donphilopus:

No. I think he's Prof's nephew or so.
ok I remember now.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by martha89: 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
If they like they should give the Speaker up too. If we dont go for our own state no level for us. living in a state where you are hated for no reason only because you are bold,fearless ,progressive and you dare to be different .
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by donphilopus: 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
They must have some connection with Yoruba

Maybe. Dunno though. But most of our parents were taught Yoruba back then in school.
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by donphilopus: 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2016
martha89:
If they like they should give the Speaker up too. If we dont go for our own state no level for us. living in a state where you are hated for no reason only because you are bold,fearless ,progressive and you dare to be different .

No-one hates you. You hate yourselves. You have the Speaker. More appointments are still coming. SA's, SSA's, Commissioners et al.

Besides, how do you intend to get your own State? We have Benin, Afemai and Esan. Esan happens to be the minority amongst the 3. They should carve Esan out and leave Afemai and Benin together?
Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by martha89: 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
donphilopus:

No-one hates you. You hate yourselves. You have the Speaker. More appointments are still coming. SA's, SSA's, Commissioners et al.

Besides, how do you intend to get your own State? We have Benin, Afemai and Esan. Esan happens to be the minority amongst the 3. They should carve Esan out and leave Afemai and Benin together?
I am speaking for Esan,the other two that is not my business. Lol Esan don't hate themselves we help ourselves more than others, its just politics that is bringing division.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff by Justiceleague1: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
donphilopus:

see the igarra mental quoting me..which esan is minority? Those 3 clans are all basically equal in terms of whatever u wanna use for measurement..afemai is not even in the league,oshiomhole got to be govr outta his nationwide popularity otherwise who dash afemai govr for edo? Ambrose Ali remains the best Bendel/Edo govr and Ishans are more prosperous and popular and got great sons and daughters than others in Edo. You guys are simply jealous. My parents are both benin and ishan but make no mistakes, i am not like u apc brainwashed innitiated freaks who go about setting brethren apart. I was at etuno pry sch,igarra and at omogbai and akpekpe pry schs,jattu and auchi yrs back and i still love my ppl and their culture and those auchi chants on raypower every sunday.. So its a taboo and a sacrilege for u to call esan minority.
Anyway,brother,makuwu (only God knows what that means o) and have a great day grin

@martha89,ònokhuo,wòyièna,bodiaè? Wè lebae fo? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs / You Are Qualified - Oba Of Lagos Tells Amaechi / 2023: Christians Have Nothing To Fear About APC Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.