Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll (798 Views)

Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / Wole Soyinka And Chimamanda Adichie At The Felabration 2019, Pictured Together / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by FSBoperator: 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
I read Soyinka's latest rants "WOLEXIT" first published by Sahara Reporters in response to clamour from Nigerians online for him to stick to his earlier vow of destroying his American Green Card if Donald Trump won and I must say I was really appalled not with Wole Soyinka but for myself having held any respect for this man over the years.

In his self grandiose delusions, Soyinka took us on an unnecessary voyage down memory lane recalling all his travels and immigration brouhas since his student years detailing his dissatisfaction and self blacklisting of several other countries which out of both ongoing political and personal grieviances with their immigration services requirement (Australia) imposed a self ban on visiting those countries fortunate not to have the fraud arrive their shores.

It didn't just stop there. Wole Soyinka had the audacity to state that when he made that vow to destroy his American Green Card, he made it among civilized and fellow educated people in far away US and not for the pesky trolls of nigerian cyberspace. How pompous can this man be?

Wole will round up his rants directing those same dismissed Nigerian "Internet trolls" to get an education stating that people like myself who demanded that he keep his word major problems' was ignorance and lack of education.

Well Mr, Wole Soyinka, it appears that you pointless rants in WOLEXIT was actually directed to those same "uneducated Nigerian Internet trolls" who kept reminding you to do the honorable action of keeping to your words. Your civilized oyinbo compatriots in whose midst you made that vow, will not ask you to follow up on your promise to destroy your green card but you can bet they will be observing and taking notes on your lack of credibility on living up to your own words.

As a Nigerian, I expect some one of your age and (dubious) academic background to at least do the honorable thing instead of directing all your frustration on your fellow Nigerians who you have deemed trolls. And for your info, it is widely regarded on the Internet as a golden rule never to respond to trolls. But in your latest rants, you angst seem to be towards those trolls as you never bothered to even address the fundamental issue which was for you to keep to your vow.

For the accusation and generalization of all of us who demanded you keep to your own words, to which you described us as "uneducated", I believe the last election has proven who really the uneducated buffon is and that happens to be you because in your aproko cheerleading of Hilary Clinton you forgot to factor critical political indices other than useless MSM churned bullsh1t polls. The same MSMs which you based your confidence to vow to destroy your green card if the inevitable Trump presidency arises has since began apologizing for their bias and lack of objective reporting.

Also, you termed us "busybodies" who should mind our business as you never made that vow to we "uneducated trolls" in Nigeria, I wondered then Wetin come concern you with US election? Last I checked you are not an American citizen or even remotely a politician back in Nigeria so wetin come be your own? Who gave you the sole right to comment on American affairs? To even add to your level of aprokoism, you were the lone voice from Nigeria to make a self committing statement over the likelihood of the American elections? No be over aproko be that?

I also want to let you know Mr Soyinka that your fellow oyibos who vowed to do whatever demeaning act if Trump won have begun keeping up to their words. See the CNN pollster who vowed to eat bugs on live TV if Trump won. Well he has lived up to his own words.

So instead of acting like a trolled old fool insulting young Nigerians who are young enough to be your grandkids kindly tear your green card or forever shut dah hell up.
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by FSBoperator: 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2016
ImperialYoruba pls ensure this reaches that old troll soonest.

Thanks.
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by Bimbeads(f): 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
This guy did the honourable by eating the bug.lol

Follow my signature
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by FSBoperator: 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
Bimbeads:
This guy did the honourable by eating the bug.lol

Follow my signature

Am sure Wole will be kicking himself now wondering why he did not say he will return his Noble Prize instead of betting with his US Green Card.

cheesy
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
Absolute nonsense. There are many more Americans including celebrities who vowed to leave the U.S if Trump won. Why are their fellow Americans not asking why they are still hanging around?
Perhaps Soyinka was right that his statement was not meant for pesky uneducated internet trolls.
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by FSBoperator: 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
Aigbofa:
Absolute nonsense. There are many more Americans including celebrities who vowed to leave the U.S if Trump won. Why are their fellow Americans not asking why they are still hanging around?
Perhaps Soyinka was right that his statement was not meant for pesky uneducated internet trolls.

So you put your esteemed Wole Soyinka on the same league with Lady Gaga?

Lol.

Afonjas and credibility issues are like Zuma.jpg.
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by FSBoperator: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2016
Why was this moved to lit?
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by aresssa: 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
ipob trolls and hateful internet bigots as usual are on their usual ipob rampage over dumb, idiotic and mentally shallow issues... grin

If the man's business what he does to his American Immigration documents and not your business, it eve beats me why these worthless clowns overstates heir importance and relevance over other people's business. grin

Sadly for you clowns, 1 million of you are not even worth WS's breath to start with, you are nothing bu the same cloths of bitter, scorned, hateful bigots and losers with zero sense of identity and self worth raised to hate and be bitter which we already know about you as your primary mission in life..

This is the same WS the champion of the so called Biafra struggle and the same people who gives no shit about you or any other entity even their own kind.... grin

Worthless scums...

1 Like

Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by FSBoperator: 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
aresssa:
[s]ipob trolls and hateful internet bigots as usual are on their usual ipob rampage over dumb, idiotic and mentally shallow issues... grin

If the man's business what he does to his American Immigration documents and not your business, it eve beats me why these worthless clowns overstates heir importance and relevance over other people's business. grin

Sadly for you clowns, 1 million of you are not even worth WS's breath to start with, you are nothing bu the same cloths of bitter, scorned, hateful bigots and losers with zero sense of identity and self worth raised to hate and be bitter which we already know about you as your primary mission in life..

This is the same WS the champion of the so called Biafra struggle and the same people who gives no shit about you or any other entity even their own kind.... grin
[/s]

Worthless scums...

E pain am.

Tell daddy Soyinka that i said he is an old grumpy troll.
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
FSBoperator:

So you put your esteemed Wole Soyinka on the same league with Lady Gaga?

Lol.

Afonjas and credibility issues are like Zuma.jpg.

First of all, Lady Gaga is a human being like you with principles and the right to determine the type of society she wants to live in. so, drop the condescending tone.

There are are many well known Americans who said the same thing and nobody is asking why they are still around. Only Nigerians take everything literally and why do you care what Soyinka wants to do with his green card? Are you his dependant?
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by FSBoperator: 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
Aigbofa:

First of all, Lady Gaga is a human being like you with principles and the right to determine the type of society she wants to live in so, drop the condescending tone.

There are are many well known Americans who said the same thing and nobody is asking why they are still around. Only Nigerians take everything literally and do you care what Soyinka wants to do with his green card? Are you his dependant?

Over 62 million Americans voted Trump.

Are they all racist mysoginsts and islamophobes?

I doubt that.

Maybe you guys forgot to factor that in a real democracy, you don't lay more thn your vote instead of your Useles mad prof opening his dirty mouth to commit over Wetin no concern am.
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
[
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
FSBoperator:

Over 62 million Americans voted Trump.

Are they all racist mysoginsts and islamophobes?

I doubt that.

Maybe you guys forgot to factor that in a real democracy, you don't lay more thn your vote instead of your Useles mad prof opening his dirty mouth to commit over Wetin no concern am.

You are right, not all of them are bad people in the same way that not every German who voted for Hitler was a bad person.
At least Soyinka and others are on record for letting the world know how they feel about making a racist the most powerful man in the world.
Re: Actually Wole Soyinka, You Are The Real Troll by FSBoperator: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
Aigbofa:

You are right, not all of them are bad people in the same way that not every German who voted for Hitler was a bad person.
At least Soyinka and others are on record for letting the world know how they feel about making a racist the most powerful man in the world.

Saudi Arabia banned Shias from visiting Mecca. Even Shia minorities in Saudi Arabia have been barred from visiting Mecca for hajj- one of the 5 main pillars of Islam.

I believe if you are looking for racist bigots then look at your holy Saudi Arabian heathen kingdom.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[story] Dance In The Grave Yard – Episode 1 / New Story Out! The Client's Cunt! / Poets On Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.