Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,353 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:09 AM

Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar (40272 Views)

Ahmad Ibn Taymiyyah: The Tortured Scholar / Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife" / Having Sex With Your Wife (islamic Teaching) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2016

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
tintingz,

Here comes interesting part in your response to Mr. sino. Not only is percentage gap is beyond word but polyandry itself is nonexistence in societies.

A comprehensive survey of traditional societies in the world shows that 83.39% of them practice polygyny, 16.14% practice monogamy, and .47% practice polyandry. [size=18pt]Almost all of the few polyandrous societies practice what anthropologists call fraternal polyandry, where a group of brothers share a wife. Nonfraternal polyandry, where a group of unrelated men share a wife, is virtually nonexistent in human society.[/size] Why is nonfraternal polyandry so rare?

Legal definitions

First, let’s once again get the terminology straight, as we did once before. Monogamy is the marriage of one man to one woman, polygyny is the marriage of one man to more than one woman, and polyandry is the marriage of one woman to more than one man. Polygamy, even though it is often used in common discourse as a synonym for polygyny, refers simultaneously to both polygyny and polyandry. Scientists therefore tend not to use this ambiguous term.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200806/why-are-there-virtually-no-polyandrous-societies

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by tintingz(m): 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
Empiree:
Tintingz,

What is the percentage of POLYANDROUS women WORLDWIDE?

As you can see in the links, even polygamy is bolstering in the West, from 2001 to 2015 was a big jump. Eventually in years to come, it would be welcomed and favored over mono and polyandry. As you can see from the links, polyandry is frown upon. undecided

Empiree:
tintingz,

Here comes interesting part in your response to Mr. sino. Not only is percentage gap is beyond word but polyandry itself is nonexistence in societies.

A comprehensive survey of traditional societies in the world shows that 83.39% of them practice polygyny, 16.14% practice monogamy, and .47% practice polyandry. [size=18pt]Almost all of the few polyandrous societies practice what anthropologists call fraternal polyandry, where a group of brothers share a wife. Nonfraternal polyandry, where a group of unrelated men share a wife, is virtually nonexistent in human society.[/size] Why is nonfraternal polyandry so rare?

Legal definitions

First, let’s once again get the terminology straight, as we did once before. Monogamy is the marriage of one man to one woman, polygyny is the marriage of one man to more than one woman, and polyandry is the marriage of one woman to more than one man. Polygamy, even though it is often used in common discourse as a synonym for polygyny, refers simultaneously to both polygyny and polyandry. Scientists therefore tend not to use this ambiguous term.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200806/why-are-there-virtually-no-polyandrous-societies
I have said it several time that polyandry is not common due to male dominant, i am not argueing about it low population.

Most of what you guys are arguing are polyandry in marriage settings which ofcos is not common like have stated. Polyandry in behavioral is common in human nature just like male-polygyny, the psychology article even agreed women are prone to seek for multiple partners just like men.

Anthropologists have given different opinions why polyandry exist and why it is not widely practiced in many culture, no scientists, psychologist, evolutionist, sociologist will conclude polyandry does not exist in human nature.

Image attached below shows where polyandry is culturally practiced.

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by sino(m): 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2016
@tintingz

I would like you to think about the reason behind evolution of humans and the society they build. I am not in anyway swayed by data presented from animals and insects, there is a reason behind us being higher animals and them lower animals. When we start equating animal behaviour with humans, then it really shows the level those who do not want to accept divine guidelines are ready to sink! If science say we are all animals, science also say we are more developed in all aspects, thus why we pride ourselves as higher animals, it is then counterintuitive to decide to accept animalistic behaviours as also normal for humans without recourse to understand why, and how it is beneficial to humans. Facts are, humans rarely practice polyandry, our biology also does not support it, not to mention the social aspect of this issue, in terms of building relationships and the society. I am afraid with such premise of yours, humans would retrograde into walking naked on the streets and mating in public! what am I even saying, it is already happening...

I understand where you are coming from, and the argument behind those who propose this polyandrous nature of women are solely based on sexual gratification, and perhaps economic benefits. They also go against the idea of men being naturally selected to be dominant, and thus propose that previous researches, theories and hypotheses on evolution are flawed, and somewhat sexist.

So if there happens to be no scientific or evolutionary backing for polyandry in human females, other than it is just in their "nature" to seek multiple male partners, then, of what use is our intellect and our claim to superiority over lower animals?!

With respect to science and evolution, I have not been able to read any facts on the benefit of polyandry to humans, all what I have found are assumptions, suggestions and hypotheses...If the early humans were wise enough not to practice it, except for few and even carried out secretly, then I wonder why now it is widespread as you have stated. Even in the cultures that practice polyandry, they are majorly fraternal, brothers marrying just one female, perhaps as you like to put it, mating with one female, well that is something isn't it?!

If the present decadence in the society where women can just go have a one night stand, or practicing prostitution is what you want to give credence to by saying women are naturally seeking multiple sex partners, or the cases of infidelity in some marriages, then i'm sorry, that is very wrong!

Let me give another example, cannibalism is in nature, some animals and other classes of specie are cannibals, interestingly, there are some cultures that practice cannibalism even till today, and some anthropologist have also proposed that our ancestors may have been cannibals, so can we say cannibalism is natural to humans?! Therefore we should accept it as normal and allow people to go ahead with it in our society?!
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by sino(m): 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2016
@Empiree, many thanks for the excerpts, not until recently that research on polyandry is being giving much attention, well i presume it is as a result of these feminism chants and cries, you know, equality chants, if a man can do it, a woman can too, as well as the prevalence of promiscuity in the society. Be that as it may, the evidences relied upon, especially for non-human studies are just mere assumptions and speculation about supposed genetic benefits and fitness, No empirical facts! I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by tintingz(m): 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
sino:
@tintingz

I would like you to think about the reason behind evolution of humans and the society they build. I am not in anyway swayed by data presented from animals and insects, there is a reason behind us being higher animals and them lower animals. When we start equating animal behaviour with humans, then it really shows the level those who do not want to accept divine guidelines are ready to sink! If science say we are all animals, science also say we are more developed in all aspects, thus why we pride ourselves as higher animals, it is then counterintuitive to decide to accept animalistic behaviours as also normal for humans without recourse to understand why, and how it is beneficial to humans. Facts are, humans rarely practice polyandry, our biology also does not support it, not to mention the social aspect of this issue, in terms of building relationships and the society. I am afraid with such premise of yours, humans would retrograde into walking naked on the streets and mating in public! what am I even saying, it is already happening...

I understand where you are coming from, and the argument behind those who propose this polyandrous nature of women are solely based on sexual gratification, and perhaps economic benefits. They also go against the idea of men being naturally selected to be dominant, and thus propose that previous researches, theories and hypotheses on evolution are flawed, and somewhat sexist.

So if there happens to be no scientific or evolutionary backing for polyandry in human females, other than it is just in their "nature" to seek multiple male partners, then, of what use is our intellect and our claim to superiority over lower animals?!

With respect to science and evolution, I have not been able to read any facts on the benefit of polyandry to humans, all what I have found are assumptions, suggestions and hypotheses...If the early humans were wise enough not to practice it, except for few and even carried out secretly, then I wonder why now it is widespread as you have stated. Even in the cultures that practice polyandry, they are majorly fraternal, brothers marrying just one female, perhaps as you like to put it, mating with one female, well that is something isn't it?!

If the present decadence in the society where women can just go have a one night stand, or practicing prostitution is what you want to give credence to by saying women are naturally seeking multiple sex partners, or the cases of infidelity in some marriages, then i'm sorry, that is very wrong!

Let me give another example, cannibalism is in nature, some animals and other classes of specie are cannibals, interestingly, there are some cultures that practice cannibalism even till today, and some anthropologist have also proposed that our ancestors may have been cannibals, so can we say cannibalism is natural to humans?! Therefore we should accept it as normal and allow people to go ahead with it in our society?!

# If you belive polyandry doesn't have benefit to humanity then same question should be asked on polygyny, if you read about polyandry you will see many reasons polyandry serves or benefit in some society, e.g shortage and absent of men, farming, hunting etc. The same way polygyny has it own benefits.
You talked about walking naked in the street, you should know that walking naked was a thing that early men did and it is a practice in some cultures especially in Africa. The early men started covering due to climate changes and other reasons, I don't know about having sex in public. So walking naked can be said to be natural thing in evolutionary history until humans started wearing clothes as a practice.

# Actually what science believe was that humans natural selection was a result of opportunity, chance and it is a psychological mechanism or adaption of the human brain/mind base on environment and society. That is why the practice of monogamy, polygamy differ from each society. So male dominant behavior and female behavior was a result of psychological adaption.

# If you haven't seen the fact benefit of polyandry from what scientists have provided why not show me the benefit of polygamy(polygyny) in this modern era?
All what you have presented about polyandry are suggestions.

# Do you support men having multiple sexual mates?

# Cannibalism is in nature true and human can still be cannibalism, the early men discovered that roasting fish and meat is sweeter than eating it raw, this is a psychological adaption like I stated above.
The funniest thing is that we still eat meat and fish, the different is we cooked it. That's why we have some people that call themselves vegetarian.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by sino(m): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
tintingz:
# If you belive polyandry doesn't have benefit to humanity then same question should be asked on polygyny, if you read about polyandry you will see many reasons polyandry serves or benefit in some society, e.g shortage and absent of men, farming, hunting etc. The same way polygyny has it own benefits.

Polygyny has the backing of evolution of man, I had hinted about the propagation of genes as one of the benefits, men do not get pregnant, thus do not require to wait a long period of time before engaging in mating so as to keep propagating his gene, in fact, he can mate with several females, and get them all pregnant. That alone suffices. Other benefits, are secondary. On the other hand, polyandry has no such benefit. Once a female is pregnant, she has to wait to give birth, wean the baby, before she can proceed to reproduce again. Do you know how long it would take humans to populate the world if polyandry was widely practiced like polygyny?! Nature had clearly supported polygyny from the onset!

tintingz:

You talked about walking naked in the street, you should know that walking naked was a thing that early men did and it is a practice in some cultures especially in Africa. The early men started covering due to climate changes and other reasons, I don't know about having sex in public. So walking naked can be said to be natural thing in evolutionary history until humans started wearing clothes as a practice.

That is what I am saying, primitive early men are quite distinct from us, we evolved to the most upright form we could be, but if you think there is no problem with people wanting to go back to those primitive tendencies, then what is this higher animals, intelligent creature noise all about?! Was nature stupid to make us evolve to these level of awareness and understanding?! Mind you, our nature, which makes us not have body hair like primates should easily explain to you that it is in our nature to cover up, be it as a result of migration to colder climate, and the wisdom to protect ourselves from different forms of harsh climate, isn't nature about survival of the fittest? Did we shed our hair only to expose ourselves to more dangers that could wipe us out?!

tintingz:

# Actually what science believe was that humans natural selection was a result of opportunity, chance and it is a psychological mechanism or adaption of the human brain/mind base on environment and society. That is why the practice of monogamy, polygamy differ from each society. So male dominant behavior and female behavior was a result of psychological adaption.

Call it psychological adaptation, it is still nature at work. I happen to come across a journal that analyzed those societies that practiced polyandry, the fact remains that those societies were practicing a form of marriage which was mostly prearranged by the elders, who happened to be males. It was never the desire of the women to marry more than one husband, in fact there are serious problems that arise from these form of union on the women. Sometimes, the wife would elope with the most favorite husband, not to mention the fact that the elder male in such unions may be the sole individual with conjugation rights...below is an interesting view about polyandry as practiced in virtually all the human culture that practice it:

"[Polyandry] creates special problems for and pressures on the wife, .they are obliged to treat all the men more or less equally and to try to prevent accusations of favoritism and the consequent jealousy and anger which unequal treatment brings. Nevertheless, women invariably develop preferences. (Levine, 1981a:113)"

Alan Trevithick (1997). On a Panhuman Preference For Monandry: Is Polyandry an Exception? J. of Comparative Family Studies. 28(3), 154-181

tintingz:

# If you haven't seen the fact benefit of polyandry from what scientists have provided why not show me the benefit of polygamy(polygyny) in this modern era?
All what you have presented about polyandry are suggestions.

Well, I am not a proponent of polygyny, even religiously, I do have my reservations on the interpretation commonly bandied about, still I believe it has it's place in our modern society, especially with respect to the numbers of widows and divorcees.

tintingz:

# Do you support men having multiple sexual mates?
I do not! In recent times, we have been able to see the adverse effect of such tendencies, the spread of AIDS and other STIs. I believe fidelity is one of our natural adaptive feature to preserve our dignity, and status as higher animals as well as our society, i had also pointed out that such behaviour is purely animalistic, regardless of the gender.

tintingz:

# Cannibalism is in nature true and human can still be cannibalism, the early men discovered that roasting fish and meat is sweeter than eating it raw, this is a psychological adaption like I stated above.
The funniest thing is that we still eat meat and fish, the different is we cooked it. That's why we have some people that call themselves vegetarian.

Please do not confuse cannibalism and carnivorous form of feeding, even though we can say "eating meat, is eating meat", I am more particular about the man eating the flesh and internal organs of another man aspect that is captured in the definition of cannibalism. So is it human nature to be cannibals?!
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
sino:

Polygyny has the backing of evolution of man, I had hinted about the propagation of genes as one of the benefits, men do not get pregnant, thus do not require to wait a long period of time before engaging in mating so as to keep propagating his gene, in fact, he can mate with several females, and get them all pregnant. That alone suffices. Other benefits, are secondary. On the other hand, polyandry has no such benefit. Once a female is pregnant, she has to wait to give birth, wean the baby, before she can proceed to reproduce again. Do you know how long it would take humans to populate the world if polyandry was widely practiced like polygyny?! Nature had clearly supported polygyny from the onset!

This clearly kills it. No more word. Those men in yandry go wait till eternal

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by tintingz(m): 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
sino:

Polygamy and monogamy have advantages and disadvantages, their benefits does not end in pro-creating.

Scientists are still debating if polyandry has deep history in evolution but all scientists agree polyandry, polygyny, monogamy were result of psychological adaption base on environment and society.

Read this from a book(PDF):

This paper demonstrates the importance of examining polyandry from an evolu- tionary perspective, contrary to the arguments made by Murdock (1949) and Symons (1989, 1992). Given that the majority of the groups in this study are small-scale hunters and gatherers or foraging horticulturalists, and that they are from many different parts of the world and live under varying demographic and ecological conditions, this research suggests that polyandry may have existed throughout human evolutionary history. Non-classical polyandry seems to have occurred as a response to a shortage of women or as a precaution against the loss of a husband or father in an environment in which men’s provisioning was critical.

Read this...

Nevertheless, if we define marriage as a bond between partners predicated on relatively restricted sexual access and cooperative investment in common offspring, then monogamy, polygyny, and polyandry are merely behavioral variants of this kind of bond. It appears that the evolved psychological mechanisms that support the
cultural institution of marriage have not been a target of intensive investigation.
However, some endocrinologists (Walum et al. 2008) and anthropologists (Fisher 2000; Fisher et al. 2006) are moving towards the identification of such mechanisms. We argue that marriage (or pair-bonding) is the adaptation. One could speculate that it is the result of several male and female psychological modules sensitive to environmentally determined costs and benefits of different marital forms.

From what i presented above it shows, marriage as a started as a psychological adaption, that's why the practice monogamy and polygamy differ from each society.

That is what I am saying, primitive early men are quite distinct from us, we evolved to the most upright form we could be, but if you think there is no problem with people wanting to go back to those primitive tendencies, then what is this higher animals, intelligent creature noise all about?! Was nature stupid to make us evolve to these level of awareness and understanding?! Mind you, our nature, which makes us not have body hair like primates should easily explain to you that it is in our nature to cover up, be it as a result of migration to colder climate, and the wisdom to protect ourselves from different forms of harsh climate, isn't nature about survival of the fittest? Did we shed our hair only to expose ourselves to more dangers that could wipe us out?!
Early men started covering their body due to climate changes and migration as a result of psychological adaption base on environment which made it a practice for humans to cover up but that doesn't mean humans can't walk naked or got eliminated because in some society and culture people still go about naked and they see nothing wrong with it.

Am not saying you're wrong here but when it comes to human evolution and nature environment also matters.

Call it psychological adaptation, it is still nature at work. I happen to come across a journal that analyzed those societies that practiced polyandry, the fact remains that those societies were practicing a form of marriage which was mostly prearranged by the elders, who happened to be males. It was never the desire of the women to marry more than one husband, in fact there are serious problems that arise from these form of union on the women. Sometimes, the wife would elope with the most favorite husband, not to mention the fact that the elder male in such unions may be the sole individual with conjugation rights...below is an interesting view about polyandry as practiced in virtually all the human culture that practice it:

"[Polyandry] creates special problems for and pressures on the wife, .they are obliged to treat all the men more or less equally and to try to prevent accusations of favoritism and the consequent jealousy and anger which unequal treatment brings. Nevertheless, women invariably develop preferences. (Levine, 1981a:113)"

Alan Trevithick (1997). On a Panhuman Preference For Monandry: Is Polyandry an Exception? J. of Comparative Family Studies. 28(3), 154-181
In polygyny practiced societies during our ancestors, polygyny was mostly practice by wealthy, noble men, kings, leaders the rest sticks to monogamy because these men can't provides for multiple partners needs.

There are many reasons each society practice monogamy and polygamy.

From same book.

Polyandry seems to occur as a result of strategizing by both males and females. Males are likely responding to a lack of available women (owing to an imbalanced sex ratio, high rates of polygyny, or other factors) and strategizing to improve their reproductive fitness by attempting to achieve paternity. In essence, where a man’s reproductive fitness is concerned, sharing a wife may be better than having no wife at all. Females are responding to what seem to be risky environments (ones in which adult males are likely to die or, in some cases, be absent from home for long periods of time), strategizing to gain protection and provisioning from an additional husband. Both males and females are strategizing to ensure survival and eventual reproduction of their offspring
Alexander, R. D. (1974). The evolution of social behavior. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics, 5,
325–383.

This above gives some reasons why polyandry is/was practice in some society the same way polygyny has it own reason.

Lol, and you talk about it was never the desire of a woman to marry more than one man? And some elope? You want to tell me it doesn't happen in polygyny marriage where girls are given out for marriage to a polygamous man and they are not happy about it?

It reminds me of a report that happened in the northern part of Nigeria where the girl was forced to marry a man, the girl was not happy with it that she poisoned her polygamous husband and ran off.

The thing is shiit happens in both marriage settings as they are not perfect.

Even among Muslim women, they don't like polygamy marraige.

Well, I am not a proponent of polygyny, even religiously, I do have my reservations on the interpretation commonly bandied about, still I believe it has it's place in our modern society, especially with respect to the numbers of widows and divorcees.

I do not! In recent times, we have been able to see the adverse effect of such tendencies, the spread of AIDS and other STIs. I believe fidelity is one of our natural adaptive feature to preserve our dignity, and status as higher animals as well as our society, i had also pointed out that such behaviour is purely animalistic, regardless of the gender.
Ok. Good.

Please do not confuse cannibalism and carnivorous form of feeding, even though we can say "eating meat, is eating meat", I am more particular about the man eating the flesh and internal organs of another man aspect that is captured in the definition of cannibalism. So is it human nature to be cannibals?!
Sorry for mixing up Cannibalism-carnivorous, I never chop when I was typing. smiley

Anyways cannibalism has an evolutionary history in humans since humans were still evolving and act in cannibal behavior, hunting intruder, predatory etc.

Since cannibalism is "killing" fellow humans and "eating them" this behavior is unnatural to higher animals. I don't know what scientists said about this tho.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
Another Legitimate Benefit Of Multiple Women (FOREVER INCOME FOR PAPA) grin grin grin

You DID IT, sir.

VVVVVVV

1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Rilwayne001: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
Empiree:
Another Legitimate Benefit Of Multiple Women (FOREVER INCOME FOR PAPA) grin grin grin

You DID IT, sir.

VVVVVVV

That man is the real BADDO cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Demmzy15(m): 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
Empiree:

You DID IT, sir.

VVVVVVV
grin grin Baba Agba!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
Demmzy15:
grin grin Baba Agba!!! grin
This is his full interview. i disagree with him on trying to discourage marrying multiple wives

http://naijagists.com/adebayo-salami-it-is-unhealthy-for-a-man-to-marry-2-wives-i-have-18-children-because-fans-were-all-over-me/

Interesting

9 boys

9 ladies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
Imagine all his kids bring at least 10k per month for this man (and I am sure they bring more than that) grin BIG INVESTMENT grin grin

Who say marrying multiple women no gree

Yes, it is hard at out start but if you can pass through that. thumbs up
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by tintingz(m): 10:48am On Jan 11, 2017
Empiree:

You DID IT, sir.

VVVVVVV
Marrying multiple women is mostly good and enjoyed when the man is rich or averagely rich, the opposite is hell. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 1:32am On Jan 20, 2017
New World Population Statistics

Population = 7.9 billion people on planet earth

Female = 5.6 billion

Male = 2.7 billion

*my sister, think again before saying no*

More reason to be polygamous grin grin grin grin tintingz, are you ready to marry second wife? grin cheesy shocked

Soon you will walk on the street seeing WOMEN only tongue tongue tongue undecided undecided
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by tintingz(m): 9:31am On Jan 20, 2017
Empiree:
New World Population Statistics

Population = 7.9 billion people on planet earth

Female = 5.6 billion

Male = 2.7 billion

*my sister, think again before saying no*

More reason to be polygamous grin grin grin grin tintingz, are you ready to marry second wife? grin cheesy shocked

Soon you will walk on the street seeing WOMEN only tongue tongue tongue undecided undecided

Lol, I use to argue that female are much more than male when I use to debate with feminists during my early years on Nairaland(family section) cheesy but I realize that it has to do with each country sex ratio and age.

Anyways from my research online on sex ratio, male are slightly much more than female currently.

As for me marrying a second wife, I don't think I can because it is not even in my future plan/picture.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, I use to argue that female are much more than male when I use to debate with feminists during my early years on Nairaland(family section) cheesy but I realize that it has to do with each country sex ratio and age.

Anyways from my research online on sex ratio, male are slightly much more than female currently.

As for me marrying a second wife, I don't think I can because it is not even in my future plan/picture.
Lol...it is NEVER in anyone's "future plan". Like women are fond of saying "it just happened".

I dont know hwere you got your ratio from that men are more than women. My recent post was just yesterday suggesting the findings are recent cheesy

Abeg, give me 3rd wife grin grin
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Rilwayne001: 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
Empiree:
Lol...it is NEVER in anyone's "future plan". Like women are fond of saying "it just happened".

I dont know hwere you got your ratio from that men are more than women. My recent post was just yesterday suggesting the findings are recent cheesy

shocked shocked Twale Baba o cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by tintingz(m): 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
Empiree:

Lol grin Boda Empiree oo small small oo,

Anyways, what I picture about my marriage is being with one wife but you on the other hand already picture having multiple wives. wink cheesy

I'm not strong enough to double my worries with multiple wives even though I came from polygamy family.

About the sex ratio, it depends on country and age, almost all site in internet said male are slightly much more that female, so maybe you should provide the link to the new sex ratio report.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by tintingz(m): 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
Rilwayne001:

shocked shocked Twale Baba o cheesy
Alhaji Empiree na helper. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by tintingz(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
Me that I like going to cinemas to watch movies, if I marry two wives I don't think I can take two women out to watch movies.

No wonder since the day my dad married a second wife, he stop taking us out when we were kids.

Some men do take their wives out at the same time, I don't think I can do that.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 3:36am On Jan 21, 2017
^^

Those are men that have back bones made of steel

I like men with action cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imam Ustadh Ku Yaqub Ku Hashim Dies On Pulpit During His Jumu'ah Lecture / NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow / Islam And Exorcism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.