Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634877 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 17, 2015
Shigoboy:
I mean continuous sneezing, and later causes headache, but the headache is not the issue but the sneezing, these are the drugs I normally use; maxigrip, procold, actifed, piriting, but these drugs only sustain me for 1 or 2 days, and I've also treated malaria.

Thanks.

Sneezing means you are being continously exposed to an allergen. You are allegic to something, any ideas?

Treatment wont work well if you are continuously being exposed to your allergen.

Can try antihistamine like hydroxyzine or Benedryl first and see if it works.

Take care
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hope43: 7:33pm On May 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

I am assuming you mean fallopian tubes? A patent tube means open and not blocked. By definition, in most cases, a patent fallopian tube is a functioning one in terms of its function in reproduction--transit for sperm.

There are not much other things that can cause a non functional patent tube.

Best.
yes I mean fallopian tubes.my doctor told me that as my tubes are patent does not mean they are functioning,because ii had tubal cannulation so the cilia in the tubes might have been damage.how true is that pls because he is recommending ivf for me.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 17, 2015
hope43:
yes I mean fallopian tubes.my doctor told me that as my tubes are patent does not mean they are functioning,because ii had tubal cannulation so the cilia in the tubes might have been damage.how true is that pls because he is recommending ivf for me.thanks

Hmm.....there is a cilia or fimbrae in your fallopian tubes that sweeps the ova from ovary down the tube.

It is a delicate structure, but not very common to have it damaged, while tube is patent.

Did you have series of STDs/PIDs in your past? Any extensive infection that damages the cilia, should also block the tube theoretically.

But, it is possible to damage cilia alone by scarring from such things as PID/STD.

IVF is expensive. At least do some testing to confirm that your cilia is damaged though before investing in IVF. Ask your doctor if s/he can do confirmatory tests such as hystereosalpingogram (HSG) and/or laparoscopy.

Get other opinions. How long have you been trying to conceive?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 17, 2015
eddie7:
Pls Dr, need to know if there's medication for nose bleeding....I'm over 30yrs. Thanks

I need more history sir/madam.

It depends on cause and location/source of bleed. How often do you bleed? What bring it about?

Are you still bleeding. I just saw your post.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by revenge001: 10:21pm On May 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

It says screening so it is likely ELISA, repeat test in 6 to 12 weeks. If positive, confirm with another test called western blot. If western blot is positive, start antivirals and HIV management.

If negative ELISA for second time up to 12 weeks after initial test, then your are fairly free.

If you want fast track all this, get HIV DNA test now and be done with the waiting and then proceed with result.

Good luck
how much will the HIV DNA cost me?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:14am On May 18, 2015
revenge001:
how much will the HIV DNA cost me?

I only know of price in the United States which is around 300 USD.

That's a pretty steep price, I imagine it would be expensive in other countries too.

Just curious: are you sure that you are exposed to HIV and the date or are you just guessing?

You know there's such a thing as post exposure prophylaxis. Ask your doctor about it; s/he can start you on some anti retrovirals while you wait for result of tests.

Also, although you can get HIV DNA within days, it's accuracy goes up significantly if you get up to 2 weeks.

Please, feel free to ask further questions.

Take care.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kin101: 1:05pm On May 18, 2015
Xiadnat:

Your HBcIgG is positive?

yes it is
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kin101: 1:11pm On May 18, 2015
the job am talking of is a lecturing job,will it affect the job
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bintudon(f): 2:10pm On May 18, 2015
I need a male child, how do I go about it, I've done 2cs and thinking of having a male for last please help need advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 18, 2015
kin101:

yes it is

Your hepatitis status really shouldn't affect your lecturing position.

The results matter if there will be high potential, possible exposure of blood, saliva especially when working closely with other humans. But, even still, it will not matter if you practice universal safety precautions such as wearing gloves, washing hands and taking care of cuts, bruises and making sure wounds are clean and bandaged.

Your HbcIgG positive result does not change what I have said in my earlier posts. You are in chronic carrier state. You need DNA HB core to determine whether in active or inactive carrier state.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 18, 2015
bintudon:
I need a male child, how do I go about it, I've done 2cs and thinking of having a male for last please help need advice

2 cs? as In C-sections ? You know, it's nature coin toss up wether you have male or female. There is a 50-50 chance.

I am not sure that there is proven way of enhancing ones probabilities of having male vs. female.

You can search the net for what people say out there, but they are mostly old wives tale and not scientifically proven.

If you do try something, be advised, be careful and be safe.

Take care and best of luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by revenge001: 5:51pm On May 18, 2015
Xiadnat:

I only know of price in the United States which is around 300 USD.

That's a pretty steep price, I imagine it would be expensive in other countries too.

Just curious: are you sure that you are exposed to HIV and the date or are you just guessing?

You know there's such a thing as post exposure prophylaxis. Ask your doctor about it; s/he can start you on some anti retrovirals while you wait for result of tests.

Also, although you can get HIV DNA within days, it's accuracy goes up significantly if you get up to 2 weeks.

Please, feel free to ask further questions.

Take care.
doc do I register for antivirals? though my result shows negative...... am depressed already angry
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by revenge001: 5:53pm On May 18, 2015
Hiv DNA is expensive here
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hope43: 6:24pm On May 18, 2015
Xiadnat:

Hmm.....there is a cilia or fimbrae in your fallopian tubes that sweeps the ova from ovary down the tube.

It is a delicate structure, but not very common to have it damaged, while tube is patent.

Did you have series of STDs/PIDs in your past? Any extensive infection that damages the cilia, should also block the tube theoretically.

But, it is possible to damage cilia alone by scarring from such things as PID/STD.

IVF is expensive. At least do some testing to confirm that your cilia is damaged though before investing in IVF. Ask your doctor if s/he can do confirmatory tests such as hystereosalpingogram (HSG) and/or laparoscopy.

Get other opinions. How long have you been trying to conceive?
yes I had pid which caused bilateral tubal blockage confirmed with both hsg and lap&dye.so I undergone tubal cannulation which was successful as I conceived thou lost the pregnancy at almost 11wks.i have been trying since my miscarriage without luck it has been 2yrs now.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by BlissB(f): 7:37pm On May 18, 2015
Doc,pls can u help me out......for a long time now,have noticed my eyes get watery easily especially when am laughing too hard and even when i use 2 board bikes its as if am crying,meanwhile am not......and also when i read i feel dis inner pain in my eyes and head as a whole....wit al these am guessing i have eye defects but am not a fan of eye lenses...all i want is if u cn assure me its not something that will make me use lenses.....den i tink i will be bold enough to go n c a doc...waitin 4 ur diagnosis and advice in anticipation thks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Zeiya(f): 8:26pm On May 18, 2015
thank you doc for the wonderful work you are doing.
I was feeling feverish last week Monday I took Lamartine medicine for malaria, I completed the dose but not as when due, same.goes for my husband, he took alcohol in between his doses, we started feeling feverish last Saturday nite.I have sore throat too since a week ago. I have been licking the sore throat medicine but it wont go away. we have been taking paracetamol to keep the fever and weakness down, but we know we are not sound healthwise. please what drugs or tests do you suggest we do?we are suspecting acute malaria/ typhoid
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Zeiya(f): 8:54pm On May 18, 2015
Xiadnat:

2 cs? as In C-sections ? You know, it's nature coin toss up wether you have male or female. There is a 50-50 chance.

I am not sure that there is proven way of enhancing ones probabilities of having male vs. female.

You can search the net for what people say out there, but they are mostly old wives tale and not scientifically proven.

If you do try something, be advised, be careful and be safe.

Take care and best of luck
I am not a doctor but I can suggest to you what worked for me
prayers
faith
and a book called love and life
my first child was a girl and I wanted my second child to be a boy so I won't have pressure from my in laws for a third child, I wanted to give birth at my own pace.
The book teaches Billings method (a natural way of family planning) if you read and understand the book very well, it give you 80% chance of a male child.
I used this method and conceived 6months after my daughter and ii turned out to be a boy.I didn't use it when i had my daughter because I had a miscarriage before her so my mind was just to conceive.
With this book you should be able to know the exact day you will ovulate. it will take you minimum if three months to do so,in fact it a long story, get this book from any Catholic bookshop and read. take your time to digest it, don't start till you understand it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kin101: 7:20am On May 19, 2015
Xiadnat:

Your hepatitis status really shouldn't affect your lecturing position.

The results matter if there will be high potential, possible exposure of blood, saliva especially when working closely with other humans. But, even still, it will not matter if you practice universal safety precautions such as wearing gloves, washing hands and taking care of cuts, bruises and making sure wounds are clean and bandaged.

Your HbcIgG positive result does not change what I have said in my earlier posts. You are in chronic carrier state. You need DNA HB core to determine whether in active or inactive carrier state.

Good luck.

have not gotten the job but i heard that if you get it u will still need to do medical fitness test.
how effective is hepantivir in eradicating hbv?
pls sir,can one be permitted to travel outside the country for research while still positive?
that hbv Dna test is very expensive,such amount of money should be dedicated to treatment
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by eddie7: 7:35am On May 19, 2015
[color=#550000][/color]
Xiadnat:

I need more history sir/madam.

It depends on cause and location/source of bleed. How often do you bleed? What bring it about?

Are you still bleeding. I just saw your post.
Thanks 4 ur responds! Yea I still bleed especially whenever de weather is hot, when I'm thinking much or I'm hit on de nose
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 19, 2015
pls av been having dis dizzeness and i went to d hospital and was diagnossed with VERTIGO. they prescribed cinnerizine for me to take. ever since i started taking that drug i av nt bin with my self,the dizzeness kind of increased untill i stoped raking the drug. nw its bin lyk 5 days since i stoped taking the drug,the dizziness reduced but i still hav'nt gotten my self back fully. any advice on hw to eliminate any trait of the drug completely from my blood?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 19, 2015
revenge001:
doc do I register for antivirals? though my result shows negative...... am depressed already angry

I understand your state of mind. Try to remain clam, as hard as it is. You may still turn out to be negative overall.

But, just having negative initial screening does not completely rule it out. If you got the test within days of exposure, then you need a couple more negative tests weeks apart to be sure.

Get another a couple more tests in 6 to 12 weeks, if it remains negative, then you are scott free sir.

In the mean time, investigate for possible post exposure prophylaxis. It is still okay even if you turn out negative, you can stop taking the prophylaxis once you remain test negative.

Take care
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 19, 2015
revenge001:
Hiv DNA is expensive here

Are you symptomatic at all?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 19, 2015
hope43:
yes I had pid which caused bilateral tubal blockage confirmed with both hsg and lap&dye.so I undergone tubal cannulation which was successful as I conceived thou lost the pregnancy at almost 11wks.i have been trying since my miscarriage without luck it has been 2yrs now.

Honestly, since you were able to get pregnant in the first place, it means your cillia is functional.

You probably need to relax and get this TTC event out of your mind and let it happen naturally and when it is suppose or meant to happen.

Let it go okay? I know it's easier said than done. If I were you, I would not get IVF just yet. I would figure out why you miscarried at 11 weeks and go from there.

The point is: you CAN get pregnant naturally; unless something drastic has changed or happened since you last were pregnancy.

I would hold off on IVF until I have fully investigated issues surrounding your fertility as I am not convinced it's your cilia so to speak.

Try stress management techniques.

Take care and I wish you well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 19, 2015
BlissB:
Doc,pls can u help me out......for a long time now,have noticed my eyes get watery easily especially when am laughing too hard and even when i use 2 board bikes its as if am crying,meanwhile am not......and also when i read i feel dis inner pain in my eyes and head as a whole....wit al these am guessing i have eye defects but am not a fan of eye lenses...all i want is if u cn assure me its not something that will make me use lenses.....den i tink i will be bold enough to go n c a doc...waitin 4 ur diagnosis and advice in anticipation thks

Hmm.. Have you noticed anything that triggers it, worsens it or alleviates your eye issues?

Any discharge from the eye? Itchy? redness? Is your vision affected? Having double vision? Blurry?

You need a proper eye exam. I suggest consulting with opthometrist first, then consider opthalamologist.

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 19, 2015
kin101:

have not gotten the job but i heard that if you get it u will still need to do medical fitness test.
how effective is hepantivir in eradicating hbv?
pls sir,can one be permitted to travel outside the country for research while still positive?
that hbv Dna test is very expensive,such amount of money should be dedicated to treatment

I am not really sure how effective hepantivir is or if you really need to do perform HBV DNA at this point.

I will dig some research and see if I come up with any information on the drug.

You should be permitted to travel outside the country. Hepatitis isn't an air-borne contagion, it is blood borne.

The results of your hepatitis tests should not change your life or the way you live it EXCEPT for to practice universal precautions for safety including use of: condoms and gloves.

Take care.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 19, 2015
iscoli:
pls av been having dis dizzeness and i went to d hospital and was diagnossed with VERTIGO. they prescribed cinnerizine for me to take. ever since i started taking that drug i av nt bin with my self,the dizzeness kind of increased untill i stoped raking the drug. nw its bin lyk 5 days since i stoped taking the drug,the dizziness reduced but i still hav'nt gotten my self back fully. any advice on hw to eliminate any trait of the drug completely from my blood?

Don't do anything to actively remove the drug from your system. It will naturally be excreted from your system with time.

A common reaction of antiverts is dizziness. Half life is 6 hours (time it takes for half of drug to be metabolized and excreted). How long have you been taking it tho?

Take care.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 19, 2015
Zeiya:
thank you doc for the wonderful work you are doing.
I was feeling feverish last week Monday I took Lamartine medicine for malaria, I completed the dose but not as when due, same.goes for my husband, he took alcohol in between his doses, we started feeling feverish last Saturday nite.I have sore throat too since a week ago. I have been licking the sore throat medicine but it wont go away. we have been taking paracetamol to keep the fever and weakness down, but we know we are not sound healthwise. please what drugs or tests do you suggest we do?we are suspecting acute malaria/ typhoid

Is this the correct spelling of the drug? Couldn't recognize it.

You likely are not completely free of malaria then.

I would recommend seeing a doc who can recheck your malaria load and re-treat you.

Should probably stay away from mixing alcohol from your malaria drugs.

Take care
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by BlissB(f): 10:22pm On May 19, 2015
Xiadnat:

Hmm.. Have you noticed anything that triggers it, worsens it or alleviates your eye issues?

Any discharge from the eye? Itchy? redness? Is your vision affected? Having double vision? Blurry?

You need a proper eye exam. I suggest consulting with opthometrist first, then consider opthalamologist.

Best.
Thks for the response.....its itchy and i think my vision is affected...cos i cnt see far objects.....i feel so bad knwin am gonna use lens eventually cos dats wat it seems
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:35am On May 20, 2015
Goodmorning doctors, I must say u guys are going a great job here. Please can u advice of a supplement I can take to balance my hormones., was diagnosed with pcos.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Spanishmario(m): 9:00am On May 20, 2015
Observed this kinda itchy black surrounding around my genitals...heard it's called 'jock itching'. is there any drug or cream you can recommend. I started wearing tight briefs of recent and I think that might be the cause.
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:03am On May 20, 2015
Xiadnat:

Don't do anything to actively remove the drug from your system. It will naturally be excreted from your system with time.

A common reaction of antiverts is dizziness. Half life is 6 hours (time it takes for half of drug to be metabolized and excreted). How long have you been taking it tho?

Take care.

thank u very much for ur reply. I only took d drug for two days (morning and night as prescribed by the doctor). before I noticed that the drug actually kind of like increased the dizziness and so I stopped taking it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by revenge001: 10:38am On May 20, 2015
Xiadnat:

Are you symptomatic at all?
no symptoms @ all

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.