Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635047 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mubarak1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
Xiadnat:
Mubarak1:
Those constellation of signs of possible STD; Chlamydia most likely.
He needs to visit a health center and get a fluid swap of penile discharge.
He will likely need antibiotics for possible chlamydia/gonorrhea.
Can u pls write the names of the antibiotics?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MOREN406(f): 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
Xiadnat:
Moren406:

I have no idea what super wate is. But, if this girl is not gaining weight, she needs an assessment from a nutritionist/dietician and prescribed a diet. I would not advise taking unconfirmed supplement for weight gain.

Best.
OK doc. where can she meet a nutritionist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Wizdray: 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Xiadnat:
wizdray:

Injection of what exactly?

Salt water gargle or small squirt in the nose may help.

Also decongestants or humidifier. Or inhale steam.
I don't know.
After which I complaint, she said am gonna take injection for five days, and today is third day out of five. I havent notice any changes yet. The odour is not that much during the day but in the night, very terrible.
She also gave me paracetamol and one blood capsule like that. She said cold caused all of it. Actually she said injections is for malaria, cold and halitosis.
Thanks anyway
Gonna try what you said
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
MOREN406:

OK doc. where can she meet a nutritionist

I am not in Nigeria. Sorry. Try referral from the girl's physician.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
Mubarak1:

Can u pls write the names of the antibiotics?

ceftriaxon.e 250mg IM x1 + doxycylin.e 100mg PO BID x 7 days. The sexual partner needs to be treated as well.

Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
Wizdray:
I don't know.
After which I complaint, she said am gonna take injection for five days, and today is third day out of five. I havent notice any changes yet. The odour is not that much during the day but in the night, very terrible.
She also gave me paracetamol and one blood capsule like that. She said cold caused all of it. Actually she said injections is for malaria, cold and halitosis.
Thanks anyway
Gonna try what you said
Thanks

Hm... nasal odor at night. Odd. I would rule out nasal polyp and sinus infection.

Goodluck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Wizdray: 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
Xiadnat:

Hm... nasal odor at night. Odd. I would rule out nasal polyp and sinus infection.

Goodluck
Am so sorry for disturbing you over this issue. Just wanna ask what is the last thing I can do to get rid of it completely? Sorry once again
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
Wizdray:
Am so sorry for disturbing you over this issue. Just wanna ask what is the last thing I can do to get rid of it completely? Sorry once again

Try Friggy Flip-Turn Sinus Flush- please google this, and read/watch how to do it properly. Read the disclaimer too.

Also, go to your pharmacist (or buy online) and try neilmed nasal wash/flush.

I cannot overemphasize the need to obtain medical opinion from a professional.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
Wizdray:

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322/The-Sinus-Flush
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
Pls i want to know if Postinor can cause weight loss, if yes wat can i use to regain my lost weight. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Wizdray: 7:36am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mubarak1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
Xiadnat:

ceftriaxon.e 250mg IM x1 + doxycylin.e 100mg PO BID x 7 days. The sexual partner needs to be treated as well.

Regards

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by OgeLag(m): 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lomotil
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
Doc gd noon. Pls how long does it take menogon to leave the body. I took it last cycle and it didn't work although I felt pains on my my ovary. It's a new cycle now. I didn't take any fertility drug and I am feeling like the menopour is still in my body cos I just started feeling pains on my ovary on day8 for a 34day cycle.

Pls help a confused person.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
beeola7:

A lot of these contraceptives usually cause weight gain, so weight loss is unusual.

If you want to gain weight, firstly, determine other possible causes aside from the contraceptive that you are taking.

Try nutrition; eat more well balanced diet. Visit a doctor to make sure you do not have any medical condition causing weight loss.

At last resort, stop or reduce dose of oral contraceptive.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
ogelag:

Consider food allergies: such as lactose intolerant or celiac/gluten allergy (wheat, barley, oat, rye). Monitor your food intake to see if and what food elicits these symptoms. If you discover any food, stop it entirely and see if it works.

Also, there is bacterial overgrowth conditions. In this case, you will need to replenish good bacteria in your gut.

Are you on any medications, herbs etc? Any other medical conditions?

Start there and report back. This will require your diligence if you want help.

You also have the option of going to a physician to get a proper history and physical exam taken.

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
cionon:

Normally, it takes anywhere from 50 to 60 hours for the body to eliminate half of the a single dose. So, if you got multiple doses, then if you do the math, the half life adds up.

Best wishes to ya in your TTC events.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 6ski: 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hi Doctors,

can you pls suggest what can cause these microscopic holes around my knees? pix was taken with a weak microscope, so I have been unable to see the critters themselves.

tx in advance. these tiny things can itch! esp at nite.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
At Op above my post: consider scabies, also bed bugs, mites, chiggers
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 6ski: 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
Xiadnat:
At Op above my post: consider scabies, also bed bugs, mites, chiggers

Tx, will read up on all & see which fits the symptoms....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
Xiadnat:
cionon:

Normally, it takes anywhere from 50 to 60 hours for the body to eliminate half of the a single dose. So, if you got multiple doses, then if you do the math, the half life adds up.

Best wishes to ya in your TTC events.

Amen and Tnx doc. I appreciate. God bless u real good.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 01, 2015
Hello doc......please i need help,when i lie sideways or flat on my back or when i sit upright,there is pressure and heaviness there,but am feeling the pressure mostly when i lie flat on my back,the pressure is felt from within like something is pressing against the back and i belch alot too infact i belch frequently even though ve eaten or not.....pls wats wrong with me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
Gentlejay

Belching and back pressure can be signs/symptoms of hiatal hernia, stomach ulcer, reflux, gall stones or other more complicated such as gastroparesis.

Do you have any medical problems such as diabetes?

Can try antacid and see if it helps. Alternatively, visit a doc and get physical exam and perhaps abdominal ultrasound for starters.

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hello doc. I went for a scan on CD 9 and no follicle was sighted. Although my menstrual flow was for 8days. How possible is it not to see any follicle a day after my period. I read follicle start growing from day 1 to day5 of the menstrual cycle

2) would ovulation come late since my period days were longer.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
diegs:

The menstrual cycle has two parts: the uterine cycle and the ovarian cycle.

Even if you are still bleeding (uterine portion), your ovary is still maturing new follicles/eggs (ovarian portion)

So: there should have been follicles present at day one of your menstrual cycle (which is last day of your current bleeding).

Also: ovulation (dominant egg is released from ovary) is likely not to be affected by you having longer bleeding days (occurring in your uterus).

Hope this makes some sense.

Good luck. Are you TTC- ing ?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
Xiadnat:
diegs:

The menstrual cycle has two parts: the uterine cycle and the ovarian cycle.

Even if you are still bleeding (uterine portion), your ovary is still maturing new follicles/eggs (ovarian portion)

So: there should have been follicles present at day one of your menstrual cycle (which is last day of your current bleeding).

Also: ovulation (dominant egg is released from ovary) is likely not to be affected by you having longer bleeding days (occurring in your uterus).

Hope this makes some sense.

Good luck. Are you TTC- ing ?

Yes I am ttcing. My doc gave me Clomid to take after the bleeding stops. I thought Clomid is taken durind the bleeding.
.Oh kk. Lemme get something straight. Day1 of menstrual cycle is counted when bleeding stops.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2015
diegs:

Yes I am ttcing. My doc gave me Clomid to take after the bleeding stops. I thought Clomid is taken durind the bleeding.
.Oh kk. Lemme get something straight. Day1 of menstrual cycle is counted when bleeding stops.

Day 1 of uterine cycle is first day of bright red bleeding.

Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
I did lot of test doc,full abdomen scan,cbc,kft did test for ulcer they said h.pylori is positive,lipogram calc etc cant even get reading for it after the doctor said i shud test for it,e went out of town.......am tired of d pressure ...any lil food i eat i feel too heavy....unless i consume in bits,am not a diabetic patient too....did test for that
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
I dnt knw if maybe u can send me ur email address so i can forvard d results to you........maybe u might understand more......pls i really want the pressure n belching to stop.....doctors are saying its peptic ulcer but none of their medication worked........or better still should i type out my email

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.