Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,916 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634144 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
Mekusdanny:

Thanks alot Doctor, my friend here is a guy, Hope your recommended treatment is still applicable?

Yes it is still applicable for a male.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
Keziehenry:
Pls doc in the house kindly help. My fiance was treated of malaria an typhoid but while taking the drugs she was prescribed for by th doc she started noticing a boil like stuffs at her neck region, tummy, buttocks and chest. Initially they wil be redish but later on turn black. Pls what could be the cause and the remedy.

What is the name of this drug. It could be reaction to the drug? Is she otherwise a well adult?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
iamhistreasure: I recommend you visit a gyn doc and let them take history, do physical exam and then perhaps give you contraceptive to regulate menses. Do you have any other symptoms at all that may suggest something off? What is your age? Prolonged elevated estradiol can be detrimental overall.

Ceefwesh: your friend need to abstain from marijuana if that is ingestion of MJ was the beginning of his symptoms. If however, after days/weeks of being clean and he is still exhibiting symptoms OR if symptoms get worse during detox time, he needs to have proper assessment by proper professionals.

odunma: re: internal heat: how old are you? And, do you have other symptoms/signs? Can go for blood test: blood count, chemistry profile and peripheral blood smear to check for malaria parasites. Also screen for typhoid and thyroid hormones.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by crayguy: 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hi xiadnat, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and I notice some white discharge like fluid, coming outta her vagina, somehow smelly, never happened to her before thou.... Please am I infected or what could be wrong with her??

Thanks for replying in advance.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LaudateII: 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
Where can I get the details of an experienced, well-qualified neurologist in Lagos, who is in private practice?? All the other neurologists in LASUTH and LUTH are seriously overbooked. undecided
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Babydeedee: 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hi doctor. I find it hard to sleep, Most times this gives me headache. I also feel pains I'm my stomach, if I don't eat on time or after eating. Sometimes I feel so hungry but find it hard to eat.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bloomingbud(f): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
Drs in the house please help o. I have been feeling so sick recently, so last week I tested positive for malaria parasite and it was treated with injections (don't know the name) anti mal. tabs PCM and septrin. This week I started feeling pains in my chest with a kind of tightness in my throat and I've been vomiting all these with little feverish feeling, please what could be the problem? Thanks

And again what could be the cause of pains on the left side of the body I mean from head to toe, serious aches and burning sensation. I've been experiencing this for a while and a Dr prescribed amytriptilin for me which worked well but I stopped it cos it makes me sleep too much. Please I need your advice.
Xiadnat
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sannies(m): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
@ doc xiadnat, my girl do complain of cramp below the stomach,but immediately she passes out urine,the cramp stops. And it's been like that for over five days now. What's going on with her and is there any medication. thank u
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
Bloomingbud:
Drs in the house please help o. I have been feeling so sick recently, so last week I tested positive for malaria parasite and it was treated with injections (don't know the name) anti mal. tabs PCM and septrin. This week I started feeling pains in my chest with a kind of tightness in my throat and I've been vomiting all these with little feverish feeling, please what could be the problem? Thanks

And again what could be the cause of pains on the left side of the body I mean from head to toe, serious aches and burning sensation. I've been experiencing this for a while and a Dr prescribed amytriptilin for me which worked well but I stopped it cos it makes me sleep too much. Please I need your advice.
Xiadnat

I am sorry for you discomfort. If you are still taking septrin/PCM, do stop and if symptoms resolve. Are you allergic to anything/drug known to you? could be a reaction. How old are you? If you are still having chest tightness, go and obtain a physical check up and ECG and chest xray to check your heart/lungs. It's possible it is the malaria parasites in your blood stream causing some of these symptoms. Do be safe and get yourself checked out at a health center.

For you body aches/pains, any medical history/issues? Do you have diabetes? It does sound like neuropathic in origin. But, I would work first get a basic general blood work and add in blood sugar level and thyroid test. Can also see neurologist if you can afford it. Or you GP can prescribe a medication called gabapenti.n or lyric.a.

I wish you well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
sannies:
@ doc xiadnat, my girl do complain of cramp below the stomach,but immediately she passes out urine,the cramp stops. And it's been like that for over five days now. What's going on with her and is there any medication. thank u

Can she come here and tell me by herself tho? It could be UTI, cystitis, urethritis caused by STI or non STI bugs or urinary stones. She needs to see a gynecologist and get woman exam and see her GP. Get pregnancy test, check her urine for infection, and get xray for stone (if pain continues).

She needs to keep hydrated. Drink cranberry juice--helps limit UTI in some people.

Goodluck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
crayguy:
Hi xiadnat, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and I notice some white discharge like fluid, coming outta her vagina, somehow smelly, never happened to her before thou.... Please am I infected or what could be wrong with her??

Thanks for replying in advance.

Get screened for STI and get treated. It's very likely you both are infected.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
Babydeedee:
Hi doctor. I find it hard to sleep, Most times this gives me headache. I also feel pains I'm my stomach, if I don't eat on time or after eating. Sometimes I feel so hungry but find it hard to eat.

Inadequate sleep can cause headache; headache can cause inadequate sleep. So, which came first? Any medical conditions? Do you snore?

For stomach pain, do get tested for H.pylori. I suspect gastric or duodenal ulcer. Do also get tested for intestinal parasites with stool culture for ova and parasites. For ulcer, you can alternatively, try anti-acid medications, start with over the counter ones.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bloomingbud(f): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

I am sorry for you discomfort. If you are still taking septrin/PCM, do stop and if symptoms resolve. Are you allergic to anything/drug known to you? could be a reaction. How old are you? If you are still having chest tightness, go and obtain a physical check up and ECG and chest xray to check your heart/lungs. It's possible it is the malaria parasites in your blood stream causing some of these symptoms. Do be safe and get yourself checked out at a health center.

For you body aches/pains, any medical history/issues? Do you have diabetes? It does sound like neuropathic in origin. But, I would work first get a basic general blood work and add in blood sugar level and thyroid test. Can also see neurologist if you can afford it. Or you GP can prescribe a medication called gabapenti.n or lyric.a.

I wish you well.

Thanks for your response
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
Bloomingbud:

Thanks for your response.
I've stopped PCM and septrin since, am not allergic to any drug and not diabetic also.
Am still feeling the tightness o and the left side pain is still there, these days it spreads to the neck and shoulder region some times right shoulder. I'll try see a dr, I bought ibrupofen for the pain today when it became unbearable.
Am 26.

The chest tightness reduce when I belch, burp or vomits a little then it becomes tight again.

You are 26, hm. Chest tightness with relief upon burp or belch makes me think of excessive pressure/gas. But, why? Anyway, are you highly anxious person or have depression or anxiety ridden or provoking life? Previous accidents?

Examine your lifestyle: your occupation/leisure activity, sleep patterns/position/place, posture etc...The radiating pain sounds neuropathic, but why?. Go for a check up. Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bloomingbud(f): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

You are 26, hm. Chest tightness with relief upon burp or belch makes me think of excessive pressure/gas. But, why? Anyway, are you highly anxious person or have depression or anxiety ridden or provoking life? Previous accidents?

Examine your lifestyle: your occupation/leisure activity, sleep patterns/position/place, posture etc...The radiating pain sounds neuropathic, but why?. Go for a check up. Good luck

No accident o and can't say if its depression or anxiety, drs keep asking this question.
Some years back when I had this chest and throat ish I was treated for bronchitis, could it be related?
I'll go to a teaching hospital but can't go till in the next two weeks.

Thanks so much for taking your time to answer me.
I live a normal life style and nothing dextral ordinary so I don't know what's causing the pain, I just need to be sure its not life threathning. Thanks a lot.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
Bloomingbud:

No accident o and can't say if its depression or anxiety, drs keep asking this question.
Some years back when I had this chest and throat ish I was treated for bronchitis, could it be related?
I'll go to a teaching hospital but can't go till in the next two weeks.

Thanks so much for taking your time to answer me.
I live a normal life style and nothing dextral ordinary so I don't know what's causing the pain, I just need to be sure its not life threathning. Thanks a lot.

If you were treated for bronchitis, it should have resolved by now. What was the cause of this bronchitis tho? You smoker or?

Anyway, it is not life threatening. But, do get a basic check up and work up, you just never know. Feel free to ask more questions if any.

I wish you well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bloomingbud(f): 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

If you were treated for bronchitis, it should have resolved by now. What was the cause of this bronchitis tho? You smoker or?

Anyway, it is not life threatening. But, do get a basic check up and work up, you just never know. Feel free to ask more questions if any.

I wish you well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 04, 2015
Bloomingbud:

No. I've never smoked and don't know the cause.

I've taken ibuprofen and am not relieved at all, I don't want to take aspirin as I learnt it thins out blood.

What is this neuropatic pain all about cos the rate at which this left side aches me is worrying. I forgot to add that the belching comes with heart burn too. Thanks.

You are 26 of age correct? If you were my patient I would screen you for common things, then have you make a bi-weekly appointment just to review. I think people with several of these complaints benefit from therapeutic interaction with their GPs.

I recommend that you get tested for H.pylori, the other is to do a trial of antacid and see if this resolves the dyspepsia part of this. I do not know what could be causing widespread pain in a young person with non contributory history aside from psychosomatic. But, my best diagnosis is cervical radiculopathy. You need a good history and exam from a professional, unfortunately I cannot conduct an exam online. However, if you want you can start from scratch with your history before I can even begin to make differential diagnoses.

Recommendations:
1. Do visit a doc for history and physical.
2. Trial of antacid or acid inhibitors (PPI) may be of benefit
3. Consider ECG, chest xray and H.pylori
4. Consider cervical/neck radiography
5. Stop or limit your intake of ibuprofen or other NSAIDs, if you can help it as it is causing more harm than good especially if there is possibility of ulcer.
6. Physical rehabilitation or therapy or massage may be of benefit.

Do feel free to PM me at your own will.

Gesundheit
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Westrnzdbyd4lt(m): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jonjones: 10:52am On Dec 04, 2015
Muscle HD :- The Best Bodybuilding Supplements primary reason being, to lessen fat youneed to make muscle, furthermore to decrease your calorie utilization, you ought to support your calories. Those are two distinct destinations. Get Body Build by Muscle HD ==>> http://advancemenpower.com/muscle-hd/

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by viviparity: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
Doc pls help.since I gave birth I hv bn having this pain in my two ankles that sometimes to lift my baby is not easy.secondly I hv been having itching in my vlj what should I take considering my baby is 2months 2weeks (will ampiclox too high for the baby if I take it).thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mofy1(f): 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2015
Pls doc what could be the cause of swollen mouth. It comes and goes consistently.pls help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuamadison: 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2015
Optimind :- You mean to discover protection that can give you protection on vision care, arrangements, maternity care. At that point you can absolutely for the most part get these advantages with a portion of the HMO options if you wouldn't fret being on an a circle chose by your supplier. A few sections aren't taking HMO for point of view Mental Health treatment and so forth, or administrations. Inspect the scope to see what protection if Medicaid arrangements are acknowledged by doctors and so forth locally and you truly have.
Read More==>> http://advancemenpower.com/optimind/

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bloomingbud(f): 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2015
Xiadnat I sent you a pm please respond. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by rozeeb: 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
hi doc i have yellow disclouration on the corner of my mouth and peeling lips.There is also rashes on my thumb and index finger that are itchy and is peeling my skin. I met a dermatologist she prescribed vit c,aqueous cream,nizoral shampoo,lasmil cream, drug for itching,hydrocortisone cream. I have been on this for 3weeks nw and no improvement pls help me to knw what exactly is the cause and the solution. thanks waitng for your reply
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Maxcollins042(m): 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2015
Balogun:
Health Checks. Doctor in the House

For all you Nairalanders I have decided to be your official doctor in the house. I have found this site so helpful in bonding me to my motherland I have decided to give medical advice with the usual disclaimer. This is just advice. Further treatment should be sought from your personal physician!
Ever since i started using this water to take my bath i have been developing this rashes on my skin.pls how do i get rid of this rashes on my skin?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2015
Pls I need help doc, anytime I'm menstruating I av difficulty defecating and i experience serious anal pain even when i take lot of water but once i stop menstruating i excrete with ease. what could be d problem doc? or is there any drug i can take to subdue d pain
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Keziehenry(m): 6:18am On Dec 06, 2015
Xiadnat:

What is the name of this drug. It could be reaction to the drug? Is she otherwise a well adult?
i don't know the name of the drugs she was given cos she stays very far from me, she is 25
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by alexandertalley: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2015
Optimind :- Hear some out traditional music. Just you may not be made by listening more shrewd, but rather it will without a doubt ward off weight and permit one to focus on employments vastly improved. Taking in a fresh out of the box new gadget, could put in a couple IQ subtle elements, particularly in more youthful youngsters and then again, can Brain Booster. Read More==>> http://advancemenpower.com/optimind/

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dazzle86(f): 11:41am On Dec 07, 2015
Xiadnat:
dazzle86: 31mm is relatively small and should not impede conception. I don't really see cause for concern. Happy TTC

hapiness44: normal face mask isn't really sufficient. Some examples: N95, N99, N100, R95, R99, R100 etc. Google TB mask CDC.gov for more choices. I assume you are still undergoing treatment? Get tested at 8 weeks of treatment and after complete treatment (9months approximately). For resolution of active TB, your chest xray and sputum culture should be negative. Your PPD skin test will always be positive for having being exposed to TB.

cool83: If you are normal healthy person with no genetic immune deficient issues, then immune system can be improved by eating healthy balanced diet, managing or preventing certain medical conditions such as diabetes or HIV. And, also exercise.

cionon: studies show hydrotubation can be beneficial, but there is no guidelines or specifications as to when or when not to get it. I imagine it will be ok at day 26. I am not expert or gyn, so do consult with women's health professional. Happy TTC.

folake25: this is not normal. Are you on contraceptives? or anything thing on your history I should know?

thanks Doc,God bless you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by goodhunte(m): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hi Dr,
I would like to know causes of boils between
Legs in males.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.