Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,782 members, 7,802,424 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634192 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gabriellaleo(f): 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hello doctors in the house
I did my period on the 19th of dis month and normally I do have it on 23rd downward every month. But today 29th I notice reddish discharge, dunno if it's infection or d blood dat has refuse to come out with my menses. Am kinda of worried has have never been such a situation before
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
gabriellaleo:
Hello doctors in the house
I did my period on the 19th of dis month and normally I do have it on 23rd downward every month. But today 29th I notice reddish discharge, dunno if it's infection or d blood dat has refuse to come out with my menses. Am kinda of worried has have never been such a situation before

So, you already had your "normal" flow, which ended then the discharge on the 29th ?

Age? Pain? You sexually active? On contraceptive? Could be residual from your menses but thats too long. Infection is possible. Fibroid, endometriosis?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
bayulll011:

Doc am just bEen curious as we mark hepatitis B day,what's the survival chance of a patient,I mean a life span,also can a hepatitis B patient ever get married and have kids without infecting the spouse and the unborn kid,you re doing a great jobs kudos

Survival is good if treated/suppressed up to 98 percent. Percentage goes down the more active viral shedding is and the greater the liver damage.

You can have "normal" life- it is transmitted via blood so your spouse/children do not have contract if care taken
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Amhappy:
Doctors in the house please help me. I gave birth 23days ago. I had heavy bleeding twice including a serious emergency one(it was God that kept me alive)and done 2 mva for retained products on both occasions . The scan I did yesterday said small product is remaining and misoprostol was inserted since yesterday but I had no contraction or saw any products. Is this normal? Also I feel pressure on my vagina and the last time I felt this pressure I had bleeding. My delivery and first mva was at UPTH,the second and more serious one was a close private hospital. Both ends want me to watch and see but I'm worried. Pls help

Misoprostol takes some time to start contractions depending on the dose. Follow the earlier advise
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ladybluecash:
Pls doctors in d house i need a med advice,,, my guy ejaculates inside of me during sex nd after he gives me ampiclause, pls is Der any harm to that. Thanks

There is a lot of harm to that
1) Ampiclox (Ampicillin + Cloxacillin) is an antibiotic not a contraceptive. You will get pregnant if you continue.

2) You're putting yourself at the risk of developing resistance to antibiotics

3) If the intercourse is frequent and by extension your intake of Ampiclox is frequent, you're putting your microbial flora (which acts as first line defence against infections) at severe risk.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ojomadiba: re: nose block and snoring at night. Are you overweight as in heavy set especially head/neck area? You find yourself feeling unrefreshed after sleep, headache? There is condition called obstructive sleep apnea but likely see an ENT or regular doc to look up your nose. Also, see if possible allegens in your sleep room. Sleep elsewhere and see if same symptoms

Abbas: not sure i can place your pain location but i think description of numbness points to nerve problems. Any accidents or injuries? I think if it does not affect your mobility, your neurovasculature not affected and pain is not unbearable, then can manage with pain control
meds! Try some leg exercises especiall if with archilles hell pain.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
OjoMadiba:
please doc's, anytime I want to sleep at night my nostrils will block, it will be like I have catarrh, but during d day am normal no catarrh ,at night my breathing becomes so strong like snoring, I no know wetin dey worry me ooo.

My contribution.

What you described is called Sinusitis/Rhinitis. It happens because when you lie down at night, blood flow to the head region increases and the blood vessels in the nose become more engorged compared to when you are either sitting, standing or ambulant.

Solution:
1)As recommended above, see an ent surgeon for assessment
2) While at it, you can take either of Procold or Actifed (it must be written Actifed). They're over the counter medications so there's no problem with prescription issues.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ladybluecash(f): 7:21am On Jul 30, 2016
lomaxx:

There is a lot of harm to that
1) Ampiclox (Ampicillin + Cloxacillin) is an antibiotic not a contraceptive. You will get pregnant if you continue.

2) You're putting yourself at the risk of developing resistance to antibiotics

3) If the intercourse is frequent and by extension your intake of Ampiclox is frequent, you're putting your microbial flora (which acts as first line defence against infections) at severe risk.
thanks alot,, i do appreciate thou we dnt av sex often sumtyms once in 2weeks or a month
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gabriellaleo(f): 7:40am On Jul 30, 2016
Xiadnat:

So, you already had your "normal" flow, which ended then the discharge on the 29th ?

Age? Pain? You sexually active? On contraceptive? Could be residual from your menses but thats too long. Infection is possible. Fibroid, endometriosis?

Its no longer discharge it's Flowing as I am on my period again
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tami90(f): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hello doctors in the house, please I need you help I'm 29 and just married with no children yet.i had movement around my tummy, white discharge without odour sometimes thick sometimes watery early last month. during my period late last month i had pain on lower right abdomen on the first day (the pain lasted for few hrs). I went for pelvic scan at hospital lab. It read 10mm dilated fallopian tube and concluded salfingitis and put me on ciprofloxacin, betaxin dexcel, doxycyclin and flagyl for 7days.

After drug completion i went for another scan and in another hospital lab. It concluded i was ok that should go for HVS test. I went for the HVS and the result was moderate staph aureus. I went back to the hospital and the doctor prescribed ofloxacin, ketonazole and nystatin insertion for 10days, diclofenac (5days).

Just 4days ago in the afternoon had menstrual symtoms and noticed a very dark brown blood till night. This morning it became the normal red menses. Please what is the reason for brown discharge. I still have movement on my tummy and slight pain on the right lower tummy.
NB: I had surgery on appendix in 2002.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hadizar: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
I have have had a similar issue, I was introduced to a product which i used and it cleared it. if you don't mind i can introduce it to you also @tami90
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Talkingboy: 11:22am On Aug 01, 2016
Hello Doctors,

Since last week , I have been having this kind of Choking feeling in my throat . When I eat , i feel like something is blocking my throat . Although i dont experience pain with eating sha . I feel some food is still remaining in my throat even after drinking a lot of water .

What is the solution please ?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dadsonval(f): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Good Morning, pls Doc in the house shld help me interprets this hormonal result;

Prolactin 229miU/L ( 105-550)
LH 15.4 IU/L ( Follicular <10.0)
FSH 18.4 IU/L ( Follicular <12.0)
Estradiol 0.03nmol/L ( Follicle 0.07- 0.60)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by olasmith10(m): 8:13am On Aug 05, 2016
Medical equipment sales and delivery; manual and digital sphygmomanometer, patients wheelchair, stretcher, blood pressure monitor, syringes, cannula and catheters( 3 way catheters available), endoscopic devices, glucose monitors,ontology sponges, medical defibrillators, clinical swabs, stethoscopes and speculum,
Call us today..08168529179

Email; MikeandMegmedicals@yahoo.com
Address; 24 Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dickoflife(m): 2:51am On Aug 06, 2016
[quote author=elzi post=11256585][/quote]valium na... shego sleep tire...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Matinho: 5:51am On Aug 06, 2016
Xiadnat:

Survival is good if treated/suppressed up to 98 percent. Percentage goes down the more active viral shedding is and the greater the liver damage.

You can have "normal" life- it is transmitted via blood so your spouse/children do not have contract if care taken

Transmitted through BODY FLUIDS, but needlestick injury (blood) is most common culprit.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by olascottpeter(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2016
Hello great doctors in the house... I will be glad if you concern about me
There is the pain on my head, like my brain is beating in my head or Like an involuntary movement , it doesn't come often...it mostly comes when I worry or if I'm in thought
And there is the anxiety in me which causes constant uncontrollable fear in me, I do get weak when the fear comes like my heart or my chest is warming with a slight pain there
Please, what could be the cause,prevention and effect of this?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Matinho: 11:53am On Aug 07, 2016
If you can describe the pain as ' the worst headache of your life' , you might want to get your blood pressure checked.....,a proper history needs to be taken, so its advisable to see your GP too.Usually such excruciating pain is seen in patients with a sub-arachnoid bleed.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by preetypam(f): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
doctors in the house please help my ear has been clogged for days now which was as a result of cold,,it hurts as well
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ottalo: 6:03am On Aug 11, 2016
Goodmorning doc in the house, i have been having this issues since 2013 hotness in my body and frequent urination done culture and nothing seriouse of rescent now if i pee i still feel some urine left in pin

Pls advise me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tinaslim(f): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2016
DrHarziz:

most of the symptoms you described above (easy fatiguabilility, tachycardia, breathlessness) are signs of a cardiovascular problem.. U reallly nid to get your heart checked ASAP
lomaxx:

See a doctor fast!!!
Go to a general hospital if you can't afford a private one. But do it fast.

Hi thanks. I went to see a doctor. And she suggested cardiac pathology. Xray and ECG. I'm yet to get the xray result
But the ECG came out fine.... The ECG lab person said and I quote " there's nothing wrong with you heart. You probably aren't eating enough"
I'll still return to the doctor this week when the xray result is out.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pinkvirus: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2016
pls doc.am a mother of 2.but my fatness is making me to feel ashamed.pls way do I take to slim down.pls.pls I want to look good for my husband again.100 kg.29 yes.I was weighing 68.help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 14, 2016
hello docctor, am 25yrs old,just by d beggining of dis year 2016 i stop seeing my ovulation,i dnt knw why it stop coming...am really worried....whats wrong with me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by soladara: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2016
Pls Doc. what drug can I use for multinodular goitre
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by blezynetym(f): 12:36am On Aug 16, 2016
Good morning doctor, I have fibroid but I don't have money for surgery. Please advise me on any other alternative. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by OjoMadiba: 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
lomaxx:

My contribution.

What you described is called Sinusitis/Rhinitis. It happens because when you lie down at night, blood flow to the head region increases and the blood vessels in the nose become more engorged compared to when you are either sitting, standing or ambulant.

Solution:
1)As recommended above, see an ent surgeon for assessment
2) While at it, you can take either of Procold or Actifed (it must be written Actifed). They're over the counter medications so there's no problem with prescription issues.
thank you sir,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Theocruz: 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hey ,have a burning medical question you need answered you can ask on this medical Forums http://themdng.com/discuss-with-doctors/
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by funmercy1(f): 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hello, pls ooooooooooo my eyes is blinking often (the left), it do happen to me before once in awhile but since 2 days now it coming all the time...... Is it something to worry about? Hw do I stop it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by cherpret: 7:41am On Aug 23, 2016
good morning doctors, I had unprotected sex on the 6th of this month and I haven't seen my period yet. so I ran a urine pt on the 20th, and it was negative.
on 21th, I had this clear discharge just like ovulation discharge. its the 39th day and still no period, what should I do?
NB: my period isn't really regular, it ranges between 34- 36.
tnk you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Thandobaby(f): 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hi

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.