Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634256 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbengaoyeladun(m): 9:03am On Mar 13, 2017
frenchwine:

Good then. Subclinical hepatitis mostly requires lifestyle adjustment. Run away from alcohol and don't use drugs not prescribed by your doctor.
Very importantly, practise safe sex.
but can it be cure, because i dont want problem for my self later in the future
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 13, 2017
gbengaoyeladun:
but can it be cure, because i dont want problem for my self later in the future
Yes sure it can be cured. But if at all you are to be on specific hep B meds, you'd first have to do a viral load (this test isn't done just anywhere and it's quite costly)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbengaoyeladun(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2017
frenchwine:

Yes sure it can be cured. But if at all you are to be on specific hep B meds, you'd first have to do a viral load (this test isn't done just anywhere and it's quite costly)
hmmm all is well, i dnt had money to do that viral load test because am a student, but let assume that load is small, i dnt knw maybe u can prescribe the drug for it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2017
gbengaoyeladun:
hmmm all is well, i dnt had money to do that viral load test because am a student, but let assume that load is small, i dnt knw maybe u can prescribe the drug for it
No sir. Wouldn't do that here. It's not a drug you just walk into a chemist and pick up. You get it only with a signed prescription
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2017
jadajada:
will be glad if u can help me do that
Hi, did just that. It's about 15k now ooo. Contrast is costly
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jadajada: 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2017
frenchwine:

Hi, did just that. It's about 15k now ooo. Contrast is costly
Thanks sir.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by arizona20: 5:57pm On Mar 18, 2017
Please Drs help out.

My friend just visited a gynae and his testicleson were checked. He was informed that he has varicose in the scrotum which requires surgery. He however wants to meet a urologist for second opinion.

He has visited LUTH for the past one year on several occasions to meet a Urologist but every time he comes he would be told that he is not around. It's very discouraging.

Please who knows where we can meet a Urologist who owns personal hospital and not Govt so I can advise him to Go there. Thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2017
Can anyone enlightened us abt hepatitis b, and how can someone cure it or suppress it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by temmypotter(m): 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
Docs in the house, please help with this.. so I got an ear problem. it's a recurring one, happened like twice before and I must confess I personally do inflict this on myself, I observed it happens after a really intense poking of my ears, I mean it's like so ticklish and all, I enjoy it but then I think it tends to cause ear blockage. So right now, my ears are blocked. my best guess! wax build up.. and from the poking I probably pushed the wax in further. the challenge is, unlike before after a few days usage of ear drops, it goes.. but now its been on for almost a week.. I doubt that its an ear infection though, did my research around the otitis externa and interna and I doubt thats the problem, nonetheless, iv been using chloramphenicol just in case. id appreciate a professional input from y'all.

symptoms are : buzzing in the ear (ringing) , heaviness of the ear, pain and ear ache, partial deafness. thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by cleod: 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hello thank you for your kindness, i have a bot about 35, he had Pneumonia which i was poorly treated according to the doctor, thew doctor said that was what caused the body swelling. His face and feet started swelling, with muscular stiffness and joint pain. After much treatment and test for kidney and liver check, the EUCR test confirmed the kidney are within normal and abdominal scan was done too which reads that the liver, gallbladder, kidneys etc are in normal sizes and no growth or whatsoever.
Even after all these, the feet swells occasionally, eyes still swollen with puffy face. The joint pains for legs, shoulders and elbows are still there, excessive sweating , finger pain when folded, diffuclty swallowing, wakes at night. We are suspecting thyroid problem but not too sure. please we need help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by cleod: 3:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hello thank you for your kindness, i have a bot about 35, he had Pneumonia which i was poorly treated according to the doctor, thew doctor said that was what caused the body swelling. His face and feet started swelling, with muscular stiffness and joint pain. After much treatment and test for kidney and liver check, the EUCR test confirmed the kidney are within normal and abdominal scan was done too which reads that the liver, gallbladder, kidneys etc are in normal sizes and no growth or whatsoever.
Even after all these, the feet swells occasionally, eyes still swollen with puffy face. The joint pains for legs, shoulders and elbows are still there, excessive sweating , finger pain when folded, diffuclty swallowing, wakes at night. We are suspecting thyroid problem but not too sure. please we need help.
frenchwine:

First it's pertinent to know how you came about the diagnosis of GOO. drlayla has told you most of what you need to know but let's get down to the basics sef
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by xxxzotique(f): 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2017
hi , need some advice pls. i have a painful lump on my neck , about the size of a small grape. its been there for 2 weeks. any ideas what could have caused this?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kannyluv(f): 6:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
Doctor in the house,pls explain this
medical result for me... Specimen:
blood,urine & HVS...BLOOD
.INVESTIGATION
MP....RESULT...Trophozoite of
P.falciparum(+) seen......URINE....INVESTIGATION...Analysi
RESULT===appearance: yellow &
clear.,PH:8.0,protein :Trace..,Epith.cell sad +),puscell sad 0-2)/HPF....CULTURE
RESULT===Moderate growth of
staphylococus
aureus.......HVS..INVESTIGATION Microscopy .RESULT===Epith.cell sad +++),pus cell:1-2/HPF..CULTURE
RESULT=== moderate growth of
Proteus specie....I await your reply.
Thanks..also prescribe a drug 4 me
please
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by drlayla(m): 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
cleod:
sorry an seeing this late does he cough? Does he wake up at night feeling breathless?? If yes then his heart is failing it is called corpulmonale see Cardiologist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by drlayla(m): 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
xxxzotique:
hi , need some advice pls. i have a painful lump on my neck , about the size of a small grape. its been there for 2 weeks. any ideas what could have caused this?
It is cervical lymph node it is a sign of viral infection especially URTI
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by drlayla(m): 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2017
kannyluv:
Doctor in the house,pls explain this
medical result for me... Specimen:
blood,urine & HVS...BLOOD
.INVESTIGATION
MP....RESULT...Trophozoite of
P.falciparum(+) seen......URINE....INVESTIGATION...Analysi
RESULT===appearance: yellow &
clear.,PH:8.0,protein :Trace..,Epith.cell sad +),puscell sad 0-2)/HPF....CULTURE
RESULT===Moderate growth of
staphylococus
aureus.......HVS..INVESTIGATION Microscopy .RESULT===Epith.cell sad +++),pus cell:1-2/HPF..CULTURE
RESULT=== moderate growth of
Proteus specie....I await your reply.
Thanks..also prescribe a drug 4 me
please
malaria and Proteus we dont prescribe drugs on social media it's unethical
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kannyluv(f): 3:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
drlayla:
malaria and Proteus we dont prescribe drugs on social media it's unethical
. Okay .please explain the result for me....I want to have the knowledge of my lab result means
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by makasbabe(f): 6:57pm On Apr 01, 2017
Doctor pls bleeding during ovulation means what
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dtymisnw: 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2017
Weldone doc! Pls what is d cause of pepperish pain in d vagina wen urinating and also how can chest pain be cured.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Godfather898989: 8:03am On Apr 02, 2017
Doc about 2 days ago I woke up wit a feeling like there is sand in my left eye and up till today the feeling is there.What should I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Spicycat(f): 1:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
Good day doctors in the house, please is there any hospital in Nigeria besides national hospital that is equipped with the right surgical instruments like endoscope to remove a partial impacted foreign body from the Esophagus.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MORNDEW(m): 12:55am On Apr 03, 2017
Pls doctors in the house, I hv this itchy rashes on my body. What can be done about it cos it's really itching me very badly and causing me discomfort. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Supplanter(m): 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by samueld0(m): 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hello. Doctors in the house. I am urinating too often day and night .low stream when passing out urine. My bladder seems to get filled after emptying it withing some mint . now it seems water isn't getting stable like its supposed to be in my body. Am Loossing weights.

Pls note my suger level was confirmed ok just just of recent
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ceecee0703(m): 8:02am On Apr 05, 2017
Please do we have doctors here or medical practitioners here or anyone with useful info? I need help....For two mornings in a row I haven't seen my precious "morning wood" am getting worried. Please what's the cause and possible solution. Thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by vinotinto5: 9:54am On Apr 25, 2017
Have you come across the BEST HEALTH SITE in Nigeria? https://naturesgist.com/ . They are certainly the best to me. I came across it via Google and I got the information I needed. I used that opportunity to go through some of their articles, and I saw that they are all unique, comprehensive and amazing. These are kinds of sites I love. If the owners are reading this now, Please I will say GOOD STUFF!!!!! You guys make us proud...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by BeardedKarma(m): 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hello. Any Urologist in the house? Please Quote me. Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by TCMBSERVICES: 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
Dear Doctors,

TCMB Professional Services Ltd was set up to offer Quality professional services in the areas of medical billing, claims payment reconciliation, debt recovery, Bills submission, Hospital operations management, staff training for hospitals; internal audit, taxation consultancy services, accountancy services, management advisory and leadership training services.

Kindly contact us on: info@tcmbgroup.com or visit our website on www.tcmbgroup.com for more information
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sekzy99(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2017
Balogun:
Health Checks. Doctor in the House

For all you Nairalanders I have decided to be your official doctor in the house. I have found this site so helpful in bonding me to my motherland I have decided to give medical advice with the usual disclaimer. This is just advice. Further treatment should be sought from your personal physician!
What do u advise for one who treated sti n still have discharge from the penis at intervals. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Adefiery05(f): 9:31am On May 09, 2017
gud morning docs...pls I need ur help..most times i notice my chest and back are always very red...pls what can be the cause

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.