Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:19 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (631100 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mamziii(f): 3:46pm On May 26, 2017
frenchwine:
Mamziii how do you know that what you have is UTI? Apart from the excessive urination, what other symptoms have you observed? What tests have you done?
a doctor told me I have uti, after having a a blood sugar and urine test.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by morgang(m): 4:29pm On May 26, 2017
frenchwine:
Morgang, visit another hospital and get checked. Based on the findings he would tell you what tests are necessary.

okay. thanks for the piece .Would do that this week or early next week.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by morgang(m): 4:32pm On May 26, 2017
frenchwine:
Morgang, visit another hospital and get checked. Based on the findings he would tell you what tests are necessary.

Sorry please, I'm a bit confused here, do I need to see a doctor or go for another diagnosis and Urinanalysis in another hospital?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 26, 2017
mamziii:
a doctor told me I have uti, after having a a blood sugar and urine test.
Fair enough then. The doctor who diagnosed uti with the tests at his disposal would actually be in the best position to treat it and retreat as is in your case.
If I were to be of assistance, I would ask for details of the test result for a start.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kristen12(f): 4:35pm On May 26, 2017
drlayla:

One of the side effects of this drug is palpitations u need to see a doctor for proper examination
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 26, 2017
kristen12:

Pls ma'am, is there a cure for hormonal disorder like milk coming out from the breast without any pregnancy. And its been since November last year. It comes out more when the person uses milk in her food.
Cc: frenchwine
There sure is a cure but first the cause has to be identified.
You would first have to do a prolactin hormonal assay. That would guide us as to the cause
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kristen12(f): 4:45pm On May 26, 2017
frenchwine:

There sure is a cure but first the cause has to be identified.
You would first have to do a prolactin hormonal assay. That would guide us as to the cause
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 26, 2017
kristen12:

But does it cause infertility to a fertile person?
That statement is contradictory. I guess you meant to ask if it can make a previously fertile person to become infertile.
Answer: YES!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kristen12(f): 5:01pm On May 26, 2017
frenchwine:

That statement is contradictory. I guess you meant to ask if it can make a previously fertile person to become infertile.
Answer: YES!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 26, 2017
kristen12:

Scary tho...... I'm sorry for my too many questions but
Please do you know where the prolactin hormonal assay can be done and the cost?
Not many regular labs run the test. The best I can say is go to a public hospital close to you, visit the lab and ask the lab scientist about it. If they don't run it, s/he can direct you appropriately.
Cost? Ranges from about 1k5 to .......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kristen12(f): 5:11pm On May 26, 2017
frenchwine:

Not many regular labs run the test. The best I can say is go to a public hospital close to you, visit the lab and ask the lab scientist about it. If they don't run it, s/he can direct you appropriately.
Cost? Ranges from about 1k5 to .......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 26, 2017
kristen12:

Thank you very very much but i still have a question.
If the milk stops coming out itself, does the person still stand the risk of infertility.
And can a person that ovulates and menstruates regularly be infertile?
Yes Yes and Yes.
But going by this ur question, I should ask if she has been pregnant before. - if no then I would say she does a Fertility Hormone Profile + prolactin at once.
Has she been pregnant before but trying to conceive for some time with no success? Then she can also do the FHP test above.
Even if the milk stops , it's good to establish the root of the problem.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kristen12(f): 5:34pm On May 26, 2017
frenchwine:

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by julius99(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2017
Are you suffering from Stomach Ulcer? Do you know anyone suffering from Chronic Ulcer? Have you tried many medications and its not working? Do you want a permanent solution to your Ulcer problem? ....Read More... http://healthylivingandwelness..com.ng/2017/05/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-x-none.html
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 26, 2017
kristen12:

Thanks
Uw.
As I'd always say, its good to seek a second opinion. Just so ur doubly convinced on the decisions you make
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kristen12(f): 8:48pm On May 26, 2017
frenchwine:

Uw.
As I'd always say, its good to seek a second opinion. Just so ur doubly convinced on the decisions you make
Alright!!! Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by samshoz(m): 12:28am On May 27, 2017
Hi everyone, what can one treat, secondly, to prevent pile, especially someone who likes taking Lipton tea(with milk and sugar) regularly??
Any medication to treat and avoid pile?
Your suggestions and advice are welcome, thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by demolinka(m): 8:51am On May 27, 2017
frenchwine:
. What's the name of the blood tests you did?
Blood sugar and blood count tests, all good
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ahjerryboy1(m): 9:27am On May 27, 2017
Good morning doc, i have a huge swelling leg bone cover by flesh, have been facing this problem ever since am young, my parent took me to many physician i did alot of x- ray but nothing came out ,the x-ray doesnot see anything on my leg ,they dress my leg for over 3year know result...then after all the money my parent have wasted, they quit and they took me to many place like church they even took me various place no solution, as i was developing to a level of adult i become depressed to the extent that the sad was so critical, to cut the story short, i jst need you advice on what to do about the problem, and the drugs i should buy for the depression and also about the drugs to buy for the swelling leg bone flesh
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sermwell(m): 10:12am On May 27, 2017
Please Doc, a friend of mine needs drugs that can stop a 6weeks pregnancy! Its very urgent! Please help!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by drlayla(m): 1:43pm On May 27, 2017
kristen12:

Pls ma'am, is there a cure for hormonal disorder like milk coming out from the breast without any pregnancy. And its been since November last year. It comes out more when the person uses milk in her food.
Cc: frenchwine
Most likely high prolactin level I hope ur vision is not blurred it is treatable see ur doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by drlayla(m): 1:46pm On May 27, 2017
ahjerryboy1:
Good morning doc, i have a huge swelling leg bone cover by flesh, have been facing this problem ever since am young, my parent took me to many physician i did alot of x- ray but nothing came out ,the x-ray doesnot see anything on my leg ,they dress my leg for over 3year know result...then after all the money my parent have wasted, they quit and they took me to many place like church they even took me various place no solution, as i was developing to a level of adult i become depressed to the extent that the sad was so critical, to cut the story short, i jst need you advice on what to do about the problem, and the drugs i should buy for the depression and also about the drugs to buy for the swelling leg bone flesh

Most likely chronic osteomyelitis the appropriate doctor to see is actually orthopaedic surgeon.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kushsy: 2:12pm On May 27, 2017
Balogun:
Health Checks. Doctor in the House

For all you Nairalanders I have decided to be your official doctor in the house. I have found this site so helpful in bonding me to my motherland I have decided to give
medical advice with the usual disclaimer. This is just advice. Further treatment should be sought from your personal physician!
Hello ..this quit urgent...my sis is about 45 and is on BP medic.
about two weeks ago ..she took coke and started trowing up and today..after taking water she started trowing up again...am afraid what could this be though she will seeing a doc today... any info to help cos am getting worried..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 27, 2017
demolinka:

Blood sugar and blood count tests, all good
You could be immunosuppressed. I'm thinking in the line of a thyroid disorder or even a liver disorder which may only show up when you do organ specific tests.
You would still need to visit the hospital and get examined, as for a longstanding illness like yours, there would be some tell tale signs that would be elicited on examination.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 27, 2017
kushsy:
Hello ..this quit urgent...my sis is about 45 and is on BP medic.
about two weeks ago ..she took coke and started trowing up and today..after taking water she started trowing up again...am afraid what could this be though she will seeing a doc today... any info to help cos am getting worried..
That's all.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 27, 2017
doc in the house pls help,i just did an Ecg n pcv n chest X-ray wch all came normal..iv bn feeling this vibrations like my heartbeat s irregular n lil painful n also feel it in my head n body..also ds swerving (lyk im drunk kinda sway)feelings wen m stationary.i feel so weak in my head n body dat i dnt feel my weight n my palm n feet wd go pale simultaneously..my pcv is 38%.what can i do,ive practically stpd living cos ts has robbed mi of my joy n apiness.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kingexcellence(m): 5:36am On May 28, 2017
frenchwine:

You either go back to the dentist and lay your complain or you check on a different dentist.
Ideally you should have an xray of the jaw done to know exactly whats wrong with the tooth.
The gum and tooth may already be infected, hence, the feverish condition.
That's a red flag sign, do not waste time.
Thanks for the response. I have done the extraction, but the headache still persists. It is accompanied by feverish sensation, body temperature and general fatigue. I am bothered here. please help out, anyone.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:45am On May 28, 2017
Kingexcellence:

Thanks for the response. I have done the extraction, but the headache still persists. It is accompanied by feverish sensation, body temperature and general fatigue. I am bothered here. please help out, anyone.
The headache is due to nerve root irritation for which I believe you have been given appropriate pain killers.
I also believe you have been given strong antibiotics for the infection.
With time, you would be fine
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:50am On May 28, 2017
Toyocee:
doc in the house pls help,i just did an Ecg n pcv n chest X-ray wch all came normal..iv bn feeling this vibrations like my heartbeat s irregular n lil painful n also feel it in my head n body..also ds swerving (lyk im drunk kinda sway)feelings wen m stationary.i feel so weak in my head n body dat i dnt feel my weight n my palm n feet wd go pale simultaneously..my pcv is 38%.what can i do,ive practically stpd living cos ts has robbed mi of my joy n apiness.
Were you examined by a doctor? A proper cardiac and neurological examination would unravel much. Historically, the much I can say is there could be a perfusion mismatch meaning ur organs are getting less oxygen than they should which explains the dizzying feeling and all that.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:01am On May 28, 2017
frenchwine:

Were you examined by a doctor? A proper cardiac and neurological examination would unravel much. Historically, the much I can say is there could be a perfusion mismatch meaning ur organs are getting less oxygen than they should which explains the dizzying feeling and all that.

yea,i was examined by the doctor,i insisted on d ecg myslf snc al dey v bn saying is i v h.pylori n anxiety wch i no i dont.dunno wah to do.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oyestephen(m): 10:07am On May 28, 2017
hi good morning
a friend of mine has hernia. the doctors reccomended antibiotics such as augmentin​ and zinnat. however, the swollen scrotum along with pains still persist. can anyone offer any advice or help ?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Preator: 10:35am On May 28, 2017
Hi all, my sister has been battling with off and on ear pain for a while nw. She has been to the hospital (private and govt) severally where some ear drops and pain reliever were prescribed. Yet the pain persists. She is currently serving in a remote area and the pain just started again. She has visited a clinic there and was prescribes prednisolone. Please what could be wrong and what remedy can we try again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.