Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634028 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 11, 2017
doc,how can one correct a vagus neeve disorder..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by namedo: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
Help! My daughter who is 18 has myoclonic seizure as diagnosed by a doctor. Ever since, she has been taking carbamazepine 400mg/morning, 400mg/evening since she was 12. She developed seizure when she was 4 months old. For how long can she continue with this drug?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Facosco(m): 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2017
Please help! I always feel weak especially after I defecated I have been battling with this problem for a long time, I was advised by doctors to always take ORS anytime I went to toilet, I also used to take tramadol tablet to give me strength whenever I am experiencing this weakness, I am tired of being on drugs always I want solution to this problem
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LieDetector(m): 10:20am On Jun 15, 2017
Stevecares:
Hello doc, i need your advice. Have been having this cough that comes and goes, for weeks now. its not whooping just mild and have used liquid cough medicine but it didnt go away. i occasionally cough. Although i had treated Staph infection along the line when i was still having the cough. What can i do to stop it. I took treatment for the staph infection in a hospital, intravenous injection and buttocks. i feel improvements after the treatment but i feel warm (heat) and a little headache ever since. its been a week now after i completed the treatment. Am hypertensive sometimes. (I did comprehensive test at the hospital. It was growth of the bacteria found)
what was the stage of the staph? Scanty, moderate or heavy?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lizabeet(f): 11:15am On Jun 15, 2017
Good day doc, how can firbroadenoma be treated? Is it necessary to remove it? Your answer will be much appreciated.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
lizabeet:
Good day doc, how can firbroadenoma be treated? Is it necessary to remove it? Your answer will be much appreciated.
Fibroadenoma is best treated by surgical removal
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
Facosco:
Please help! I always feel weak especially after I defecated I have been battling with this problem for a long time, I was advised by doctors to always take ORS anytime I went to toilet, I also used to take tramadol tablet to give me strength whenever I am experiencing this weakness, I am tired of being on drugs always I want solution to this problem
Thanks
Hey, let's take it from down -up. You feel weak because when you defeacate, a lot of the blood from the body (including the brain) shunts to the pelvis to help the muscles contract well. This is similar to what happens when you ejac and in a few mins to an hr, you get yourself back.
This problem is usually associated with constipation.
Just so you know, Tramadol would worsen your problem. It commonly makes ppl weak/light and it causes constipation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
namedo:
Help! My daughter who is 18 has myoclonic seizure as diagnosed by a doctor. Ever since, she has been taking carbamazepine 400mg/morning, 400mg/evening since she was 12. She developed seizure when she was 4 months old. For how long can she continue with this drug?
Its sad that you both have to go through this.
Infantile Origin Epilepsy as is in this case can be due to genetics(inherited), some structural problems up there or problems she was born with or that occurred at birth.
Has she ever done an EEG and MRI? These are very helpful in deciphering the cause and nature if the seizures and perhaps, the solution.
Not to discourage you, but more often than not, the best bet is for the patient to continue on the drugs, and adopt some lifestyle modifications like adopting a ketogenic diet and avoiding triggering factors if any.
You should discuss all these with your doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 15, 2017
Toyocee:
doc,how can one correct a vagus neeve disorder..
Ish, that's a big one.....but which of the vagus nerve disorders are we looking at?
Ulcer, Heart problems, Bowel problems, Respiratory problems?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hello, doctors in the house.

I've been celibate for close to a year now but about two months ago my scrotum started itching badly. Later that week, it blistered. I thought it would go like cream reaction or alergy but it didn't rather it resulted to a serious burning sensation.

Please, what could this possibly be?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kristen12(f): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
frenchwine:

Not many regular labs run the test. The best I can say is go to a public hospital close to you, visit the lab and ask the lab scientist about it. If they don't run it, s/he can direct you appropriately.
Cost? Ranges from about 1k5 to .......
HI, please do you know any good hospital in Lagos?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 16, 2017
olrotimi:

Ish, that's a big one.....but which of the vagus nerve disorders are we looking at?
Ulcer, Heart problems, Bowel problems, Respiratory problems?

heart
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Facosco(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2017
Thanks so much sir, now that I have a knowledge of its cause it will help me to follow up on the solution to
olrotimi:

Hey, let's take it from down -up. You feel weak because when you defeacate, a lot of the blood from the body (including the brain) shunts to the pelvis to help the muscles contract well. This is similar to what happens when you ejac and in a few mins to an hr, you get yourself back.
This problem is usually associated with constipation.
Just so you know, Tramadol would worsen your problem. It commonly makes ppl weak/light and it causes constipation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 16, 2017
Toyocee:

heart
Wow, then the person would experience arrhythmias (irregular heart beats) and in advanced stages, short fainting spells.
Usually meds can help an initio but the definitive treatment is the insertion if cardiac pacemakers, a little machine which helps to normalize the heart beat.
Vagal nerve surgeries have given mixed results
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 16, 2017
olrotimi:

Wow, then the person would experience arrhythmias (irregular heart beats) and in advanced stages, short fainting spells.
Usually meds can help an initio but the definitive treatment is the insertion if cardiac pacemakers, a little machine which helps to normalize the heart beat.
Vagal nerve surgeries have given mixed results

what could be done in cases wer ECG comes out well,no arrhythmia present.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 16, 2017
Toyocee:

what could be done in cases wer ECG comes out well,no arrhythmia present.
What then are the heart symptoms the patient has?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2017
olrotimi:

What then are the heart symptoms the patient has?

palpitations,heartbeat beating against the ribs,pullin effect in the head and imbalances within when standing or walking.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lizabeet(f): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2017
olrotimi:
Fibroadenoma is best treated by surgical removal
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
Toyocee:

palpitations,heartbeat beating against the ribs,pullin effect in the head and imbalances within when standing or walking.
Then I think you should have a repeat ECG and an ECHO. Have you visited the cardiologist? You need to schedule an appointment.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
The ecg was done 1st week of june..the result declared normal ecg..der was no heart pathology.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by donaldinho111: 6:38am On Jun 19, 2017
Good day. A friend once had urinalysis done and something was found in the urine and was told to stop taking herbs or alchohol. Later he had chills and pains on the left side below the chest. Had a scan and is receiving treatment for acute pyelonephrytis. The pains are reduced but the chills are still very much present. He is dead scared..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by wisecicero(m): 11:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
For over three years now, I notice that I urinate in less than 15minutes after drinking water or any liquid. The last time I checked my sugar level was OK. And I'm still a young of early 20. This happens mostly when I'm in a cold environment or when there's a cold weather. Does temperature has anything to do with urinating frequently? What could be the possible cause? I need your advise please. This can be embarrassing ,especially when I'm with my friends. What can I do to reduce this?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by effico(m): 3:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good afternoon Doctor. I've been having a feeling of general weakness and muscle aches since 2010. I fall I'll almost every 3 to 4 months anf when tested, I would be diagnosed of either malaria or typhoid.

Recently I noticed that I do feel pains at my scrotum, and occasionally I also feel pains when trying to urinate. Please what do I do? What could be the cause?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by unlimitedgrace4: 12:40am On Jun 24, 2017
Pls doctor in d house..gud job...I ran my bp yrstadey and it was 130/90mmg..dis gave me a bit of worries...pls what do I do to keep my bp under check...thanks and God bless
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 3:20am On Jun 24, 2017
unlimitedgrace4:
Pls doctor in d house..gud job...I ran my bp yrstadey and it was 130/90mmg..dis gave me a bit of worries...pls what do I do to keep my bp under check...thanks and God bless

Your baseline is fine. Stop worrying when their is nothing to worry about, and this worrisome attitude pushes your systolic to 201 & your diastolic 120, 201/120........
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 3:28am On Jun 24, 2017
effico:
Good afternoon Doctor. I've been having a feeling of general weakness and muscle aches since 2010. I fall I'll almost every 3 to 4 months anf when tested, I would be diagnosed of either malaria or typhoid.

Recently I noticed that I do feel pains at my scrotum, and occasionally I also feel pains when trying to urinate. Please what do I do? What could be the cause?

You have stated a few issues, it could be your blood pressure drops to low(postural drop), leading to you having falls. You need regular lying and standing blood pressure checks, under a controlled environment to observe.

Pains during urination, could be signs of a UTI. Have you had a urinalysis test recently?

Pains on your scrotum? You need a physical examination.

Long & Short, visit your nearest hospital for proper medical examination.....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 3:42am On Jun 24, 2017
wisecicero:
For over three years now, I notice that I urinate in less than 15minutes after drinking water or any liquid. The last time I checked my sugar level was OK. And I'm still a young of early 20. This happens mostly when I'm in a cold environment or when there's a cold weather. Does temperature has anything to do with urinating frequently? What could be the possible cause? I need your advise please. This can be embarrassing ,especially when I'm with my friends. What can I do to reduce this?

This is a natural reaction. Our bladder stores more water in a cold environment. Blood flow to our organs is increased to keep our organs warm. This increase of blood flow to our kidneys, enables more blood filtration, in turn producing more urine, hence leading to your urgency to urinate often in colder environments.

Turn off the AC, if you don't want to be visiting the toilet too often.....

If you still feel embarrassed in the midst of friends, attach a conveen + leg bag. You are now fully sorted....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 3:50am On Jun 24, 2017
donaldinho111:
Good day. A friend once had urinalysis done and something was found in the urine and was told to stop taking herbs or alchohol. Later he had chills and pains on the left side below the chest. Had a scan and is receiving treatment for acute pyelonephrytis. The pains are reduced but the chills are still very much present. He is dead scared..

Since he is still receiving treatment for this severe kidney infection, wait till treatment course is over and see if all underlying ailments become non existent...

Or better still, speak to the Doctor for possibly more investigations......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by unlimitedgrace4: 6:42am On Jun 24, 2017
Thanks so much

Your baseline is fine. Stop worrying when their is nothing to worry about, and this worrisome attitude pushes your systolic to 201 & your diastolic 120, 201/120........[/quote]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by donaldinho111: 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Since he is still receiving treatment for this severe kidney infection, wait till treatment course is over and see if all underlying ailments become non existent...

Or better still, speak to the Doctor for possibly more investigations......
He had Urinalysis test that came out clean and Blood test for Creatinine that came out 109....Doctor said he is OK... hope so
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
donaldinho111:
He had Urinalysis test that came out clean and Blood test for Creatinine that came out 109....Doctor said he is OK... hope so

That should put your mind at rest........
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
Toyocee:
The ecg was done 1st week of june..the result declared normal ecg..der was no heart pathology.
Does this patient have any other symptoms like occasional trembling, sweating, chest pain, feeling like vomiting or even numbness in the fingers?
Can I also see the ECG result? You could mail it to me.
Cos from the fore going, I want to doubt s/he has a vagus nerve ish per se. I don't know how s/he came about the diagnosis buh mehn, that isn't something s/he should envisage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.