Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634714 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by qubys(m): 2:45am On Oct 14, 2017
qubys:
Hello there, been having frequent heart burn attack lately but after using some antibiotics and antacids, I would be relieved for like 3 to 4 weeks before it would occur again. what do you think could trigger it (my thought is that I'm allergic to something that I've not figured out). The attack comes mostly at nights and would be up for like 2 to 3hrs before I eventually get to sleep and usually when this happens, I use to have difficulty breathing.

Posted this like 11days ago but got not response. Now, it's just 11days interval to the last attack I had.

Pls, I'm anticipating your response to this.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Abiodunhezekiah(m): 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
AHA recognized BLS Training

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2017
qubys:

Posted this like 11days ago but got not response. Now, it's just 11days interval to the last attack I had.

Pls, I'm anticipating your response to this.

Try eating smaller meals, and don't eat 2/ 3 hours before bed time.....
Do you smoke?........
Observe the trigger points......
Avoid spicy foods, citrus, chocolate, peppermint and carbonated drinks
Do you think you are overweight?

A host of events can cause this trigger, you need to observe your patterns, and pick out culprit(s)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Omaa1(f): 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
Omaa1:
Hello Good evening Everyone,
I have been having running nose and congestion for almost 4 weeks now. I went to a pharmacy close to me, was given priton, but it didn't clear, I went back and told them. They gave me loratadine, erthromycin and white vitamin c. I have finish taking it but it didn't stop. I don't have any other symptoms of cold neither do I feel sick, but my nose keep blocking.
I have also used otirivine nasal drop, was advise not to use use it for more than 3 days. Each time I use it, it decongest my nose for like 5-7 hours and then it becomes congested again.
Please what do I do

Cc: Frenchfriez, Lexusgs430

I think I'm reacting to something, was having this problem in July, I travelled to Kano to see my my parent and without medication it cleared, during my a month and a week stay in Kano, I don't have anything like catarrh talkmore of nasal congestion, but after a day I came back to Lagos I started experiencing it again.
Last week I went to the general hospital, saw an ent nurse, asked me to get abnesol-n nasal drop and to continue with my steam inhalation and booked an appointment for me with the doctor on the 30th.
Although I didn't buy the nasal drop, because anytime I use nasal drop, the rebound effect is just terrible but I continued with my steam inhalation and saline wash, I feel a bit better but the congestion is not cleared, one nose is always blocked at a time, though the fuming nose has reduce.
I'm likely reacting to something I'm my house?
Any suggestions pleasen
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2017
Omaa1:

Cc: Frenchfriez, Lexusgs430

I think I'm reacting to something, was having this problem in July, I travelled to Kano to see my my parent and without medication it cleared, during my a month and a week stay in Kano, I don't have anything like catarrh talkmore of nasal congestion, but after a day I came back to Lagos I started experiencing it again.
Last week I went to the general hospital, saw an ent nurse, asked me to get abnesol-n nasal drop and to continue with my steam inhalation and booked an appointment for me with the doctor on the 30th.
Although I didn't buy the nasal drop, because anytime I use nasal drop, the rebound effect is just terrible but I continued with my steam inhalation and saline wash, I feel a bit better but the congestion is not cleared, one nose is always blocked at a time, though the fuming nose has reduce.
I'm likely reacting to something I'm my house?
Any suggestions pleasen

You are suffering an allergic reaction ...... Are you asthmatic ? You require specific asthma test ........ You could also be suffering from effects of excessive air pollution.....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oluwawunmi(f): 6:48am On Oct 15, 2017
please help me ,I always find if difficult to swallow drug it will just struck in my throat.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by qubys(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Try eating smaller meals, and don't eat 2/ 3 hours before bed time.....
Do you smoke?........
Observe the trigger points......
Avoid spicy foods, citrus, chocolate, peppermint and carbonated drinks
Do you think you are overweight?

A host of events can cause this trigger, you need to observe your patterns, and pick out culprit(s)

Thanks for your response....

I'm not the heavy eater but most times I eat late( 8pm to 9pm) and I go to bed most times 12am to 1am don't smoke and I wouldn't say I'm overweight because do exercises a lot but stopped some few months ago due to my busy schedule.

Would try and avoid those carbonated drinks and the others mentioned to observe.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 11:56am On Oct 15, 2017
oluwawunmi:
please help me ,I always find if difficult to swallow drug it will just struck in my throat.

Is it only tablets that gets stuck?
Do items like food, also get stuck?
Have you considered switching to liquid medication?
Have you asked your Doctor or pharmacist, if your tablets can be crushed?
Have you had a swallow assessment done?

You might be suffering from a form of dysphagia....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by afolayan22(m): 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Why don't you visit UITH, they have neurologists there. At least I know of two .
okay sir thanks for you concern

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Esji80(m): 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If a nail is digging and causing pain, massaging with bonjela might provide temporary relief.

The only overall solution is, removing the offending nail.......
Good day sir,I have finally went for d tooth extraction yesterday.They have removed it.The major problem is that I have swollen cheek before d extraction and it increases after d extraction.I have taken Amoxil,Vit C,trypsin-Chymotryosin(I forgt d brand name) as prescribed by a physician, but d swollen cheek still increased today.Pls prescribe any better drug that can ease d swollen cheek. Thanks alot
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by OHCOMEON: 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
Please my 13yr old son suddenly developed a small lump on his left breast, what could that be? Please i need help. Tnz..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
Esji80:
Good day sir,I have finally went for d tooth extraction yesterday.They have removed it.The major problem is that I have swollen cheek before d extraction and it increases after d extraction.I have taken Amoxil,Vit C,trypsin-Chymotryosin(I forgt d brand name) as prescribed by a physician, but d swollen cheek still increased today.Pls prescribe any better drug that can ease d swollen cheek. Thanks alot

Just use the antibiotics as prescribed, to avoid any infections.
With regards the swollen cheek, that would surely get back to normal in a few days.....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
Esji80:

The swollen cheek pre - extraction, was due to the infection harbouring and inflamed gums.....
And it's natural to experience some swollen, post - extraction.....
The offending tooth is now out, all would normalise within days.......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
OHCOMEON:
Please my 13yr old son suddenly developed a small lump on his left breast, what could that be? Please i need help. Tnz..

Visit a hospital for an assessment......

The changes your son is noticing are extremely common at 13. Because at this age his hormones are changing and his breasts are developing and all this makes breast lumps.....

It's normal Sir/Madam.... You son is becoming a small man..........
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Esji80(m): 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Just use the antibiotics as prescribed, to avoid any infections.
With regards the swollen cheek, that would surely get back to normal in a few days.....
thanks for your kind assistance.I am very grateful Sir
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by OHCOMEON: 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Visit a hospital for an assessment......

The changes your son is noticing are extremely common at 13. Because at this age his hormones are changing and his breasts are developing and all this makes breast lumps.....

It's normal Sir/Madam.... You son is becoming a small man..........
Thanks for your quick response, i sincerely appreciate. Meanwhile, the lump is in his nimple & its painful if you press it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oluwawunmi(f): 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
thanks, just tablets

You might be suffering from a form of dysphagia.... thanks just drug even paracetamol
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
Esji80:
thanks for your kind assistance.I am very grateful Sir

Also use pain killers, before the pain hits you. It's keeps you pain free for longer periods....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
OHCOMEON:
Thanks for your quick response, i sincerely appreciate. Meanwhile, the lump is in his nimple & its painful if you press it.

Your boy is developing, I do not think you have anything to worry about.......

I hope he is already receiving sex education?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
oluwawunmi:
thanks, just tablets

You might be suffering from a form of dysphagia.... thanks just drug even paracetamol

Did you read through my other points?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oluwawunmi(f): 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
yes sir I ,will try and do that thanks

Did you read through my other points? [/quote]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Esji80(m): 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Also use pain killers, before the pain hits you. It's keeps you pain free for longer periods....
ok sir,I am taking diclofenac.Thanks once again
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 10:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
Esji80:
ok sir,I am taking diclofenac.Thanks once again

That's a very strong non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.

Come back and update us in a fortnight......

Goodnight.......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by OHCOMEON: 6:48am On Oct 16, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Your boy is developing, I do not think you have anything to worry about.......

I hope he is already receiving sex education?
Thanks a million for response, we're doing that. Very grateful.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Omaa1(f): 10:40am On Oct 16, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You are suffering an allergic reaction ...... Are you asthmatic ? You require specific asthma test ........ You could also be suffering from effects of excessive air pollution.....

Thanks for your response.
I'm not asthmatic. I grew up in the north where the harmattan comes with so much dust, schooled in Maiduguri, where the raining season comes with sandstorm. Sandstorms that looks as if the world is about to end (if you experiencing it for the first time), and I have never experienced such. My elder said, she thinks I'm reacting to molds in the house (Lagos houses are prone to it) and it would stop when it stops raining. I wouldn't know for sure, although I have an appointment with an ent doc on 30th.

Did I mention that I get better outdoor. Also, I feel bit better of recent, it's no longer as bad as it was.

Guess an I need a strong allergy medicine because loratadine and priton does nothing for me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
Omaa1:

Thanks for your response.
I'm not asthmatic. I grew up in the north where the harmattan comes with so much dust, schooled in Maiduguri, where the raining season comes with sandstorm. Sandstorms that looks as if the world is about to end (if you experiencing it for the first time), and I have never experienced such. My elder said, she thinks I'm reacting to molds in the house (Lagos houses are prone to it) and it would stop when it stops raining. I wouldn't know for sure, although I have an appointment with an ent doc on 30th.

Did I mention that I get better outdoor. Also, I feel bit better of recent, it's no longer as bad as it was.

Guess an I need a strong allergy medicine because loratadine and priton does nothing for me.

You left out that important detail ' getting better outside home'......
As you stated, moldy environment comes with its own adverse reaction. Have you thought about investing in a dehumidifier machine? Or damp proofing your present immediate environment?

Using allergy medicine and remaining in the same environment, does not take away the source of reaction, it simply delays the inevitable (another reaction attack).......

NB: Did I also mention : I spent most of my adult life in Kaduna aka the crocodile city........
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
OHCOMEON:
Thanks a million for response, we're doing that. Very grateful.

Your son is now officially a teenager and simply developing..........
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Esji80(m): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
Lexusgs430:

That's a very strong non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.

Come back and update us in a fortnight......

Goodnight.......
Good evening Sir.I felt much relief after taking diclofenac.Thanks alot. Paediatricians,gynaecologists,dentists,and other doctors in d house should emulate Dr Lexusgs430.May God reward you abundantly
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
Esji80:
Good evening Sir.I felt much relief after taking diclofenac.Thanks alot. Paediatricians,gynaecologists,dentists,and other doctors in d house should emulate Dr Lexusgs430.May God reward you abundantly

Thanks Boss....
The pain and swell would start healing now.... Keep using your antibiotics as prescribed and top up with diclofenac (before the pain hit you).
You should be free from pain & any swollen areas by Friday.....
Enjoy your pain free you....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jamesbridget13(f): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2017
Good evening to the doctors in the house.
Good evening to everyone viewing

Doctor please help me. Yesterday my one year three months old daughter woke up vomiting. She vomited all through yesterday n that made he lose weight because anything she takes in, comes our almost immediately. It was Sunday so I went to a pharmacy n d nurse gave her some drugs(vitc syrup, paracetamol syrup, ampicillin syrup n one tablet that stopped d vomiting for a while) at night I almost loose it because my daughter started vomiting again after eating. I was so worried.

Thank God today came. I took her to the health center. She was tested it showed malaria. The doctor gave her septrin syrup, malaria drugs, vitc n paracetamol. But doctor my daughter is still vomiting though not as before but she is still vomiting. Since today she hasn't taken any good amount of food. Pls help me let this vomiting stop please. I am so concerned doctor pls
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jamesbridget13(f): 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Thanks Boss....
The pain and swell would start healing now.... Keep using your antibiotics as prescribed and top up with diclofenac (before the pain hit you).
You should be free from pain & any swollen areas by Friday.....
Enjoy your pain free you....

Doctor please help me. Yesterday my one year three months old daughter woke up vomiting. She vomited all through yesterday n that made he lose weight because anything she takes in, comes our almost immediately. It was Sunday so I went to a pharmacy n d nurse gave her some drugs(vitc syrup, paracetamol syrup, ampicillin syrup n one tablet that stopped d vomiting for a while) at night I almost loose it because my daughter started vomiting again after eating. I was so worried.

Thank God today came. I took her to the health center. She was tested it showed malaria. The doctor gave her septrin syrup, malaria drugs, vitc n paracetamol. But doctor my daughter is still vomiting though not as before but she is still vomiting. Since today she hasn't taken any good amount of food. Pls help me let this vomiting stop please. I am so concerned doctor pls
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
jamesbridget13:

Your daughter is possibly got an infection of the gut usually caused by a virus or bacteria.

Is your daughter only vomiting? And no loose bowel movements?
Persistent vomiting can sometimes cause your child to become severely dehydrated. This might also be a sign of gastroenteritis.

If your daughter keeps vomiting, a hospital admission might be required for IV infusion (to keep your child hydrated)......

Without physical observing/examining your daughter, it would be very difficult for me to put a finger on the cause. Just keep monitoring her temperature (hope you have a thermometer)? I would suggest you observe till the morning. If she keeps vomiting and is looking physically drained. Take her to your nearest hospital......

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.