Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634885 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by osilekan4u: 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2009
im 33yrs ll and will give u details of infomation wen askd
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by osilekan4u: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2009
wat can u say is d cause and a way out, i dont drink nor smoke.i will wait for your reply to know wat to say again.u can also give me a reply or any questions on adura@praize.com but will reply u also on dis trend so dat people can gain
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
Aladunni:

@ naijaking

like ma pipo say, owo yin ama roke o (meaning "you ll continue flying higher"wink thanks for being there always

Thank you, thank you for the kind words.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by emans(m): 10:59am On Sep 29, 2009
hi doc,what can be done after taking corticosteroid for severe allergic reaction and no response
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ramtee(f): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2009
Its great to have on line free consultation . Thats good work must be hectic to keep !

ramael
www.shapemanagers.com/blog
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Potu(m): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2009
emans:

hi doc,what can be done after taking corticosteroid for severe allergic reaction and no response

Without knowing the type of severe allergic reaction you are having or the type of corticosteroid you are using, it is difficult for anyone to give you a concrete advice. Allergic reactions manifest clinically as anaphylaxis, allergic asthma, urticaria, angioedema, allergic rhinitis, some types of drug reactions, and atopic dermatitis. Corticosteroids are grouped as short, intermediate, or long acting.

Corticosteroids are chemically related to the hormones that regulate the body’s homeostasis; therefore, their risk benefit ratio should be carefully weighed; hopefully you are using corticosteroids for an allergic reaction that is acute and severe. Please do not try to kill a fly with a shot-gun.

Corticosteroids are generally safe when used for a short period of time with appropriate monitoring. When used for longer periods, the frequency and severity of adverse effects increases dramatically. Many of these effects are the unavoidable results of the normal actions of the steroid drugs and must be considered when people decide on a course of long-term corticosteroid therapy.

Usually, a response to corticosteroids will be seen within ten days. If no response is seen after a reasonable period of time, an alternative method of treatment should be considered. However, whatever you decide to do, please do not stop using corticosteroids abruptly. You should try to gradually taper down the dose of corticosteroid to zero.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by doublezee: 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2009
Please, I have this congestion I feel in my head.
You may be surprised to hear that this has lasted almost 6 years now.
Sometimes,it feels like a stretch pain. Please note that this is no normal headache.
Please your advice to this situation will be well accepted through doublezee4u@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by command2: 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
I really apreciate you leaving your time to attend to other peoples problem,God in his infinite mercy will reward you,i need youe medical advice,i use to have my anus shooting out anytime i visit the toilet i have tried alot of drugs but still not responding pls balogun what can i do
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Potu(m): 1:19am On Oct 03, 2009
doublezee:

Please, I have this congestion I feel in my head.
You may be surprised to hear that this has lasted almost 6 years now.
Sometimes,it feels like a stretch pain. Please note that this is no normal headache.
Please your advice to this situation will be well accepted through doublezee4u@yahoo.com

Many with cerebral edema use that term “congestion I feel in my head.” Please do not ignore it; go see a physician.
There are many non-invasive instruments that can be used to examine your skull and brain. It may gradually get worst, but it is not going to go away until properly treated. It may turn out to be something as simple as sinus infection.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Potu(m): 1:46am On Oct 03, 2009
command 2:

I really apreciate you leaving your time to attend to other peoples problem,God in his infinite mercy will reward you,i need youe medical advice,i use to have my anus shooting out anytime i visit the toilet i have tried alot of drugs but still not responding pls balogun what can i do

Forgive me for asking, but by your “anus shooting out anytime I visit the toilet:” do you mean rectal prolapse.  Rectal prolapse is a condition wherein the walls of the rectum protrude through the anus and hence become visible outside the body. 

There are several causes, but the bottom line is that you have weakening of the ligaments and muscles that hold the rectum in place.

If it is not too severe, you may manage it by a diet high in fiber, and something called "Kegel exercises" (your local physician or nurse can teach you Kegel exercises).  You may indirectly use drugs to secondarily treat it by treating stool passage so as to avoid straining. 

If you ask me, your best alternative is surgery of which there are several types.  The type of surgery suitable for you will depend on your age and condition.  Go see a physician and good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by command2: 11:44am On Oct 03, 2009
I realy appreciate your advice and medical help,i mean wenever i go to use the toilet,once i apply the normal force to escrete thats when somthing redish will shoot out from the anus and at times i bleed,but ordinarily if i dont go to the toilet it dosent show,what kind of drug can i use?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Potu(m): 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2009
command 2:

wenever i go to use the toilet,once i apply the normal force to escrete thats when somthing redish will shoot out from the anus and at times i bleed,but ordinarily if i dont go to the toilet it dosent show,what kind of drug can i use?

You definitely have rectal prolapse, so the information I already gave you is very adequate.  Forget drugs, surgery is your best bet.  In the interim, eat diet high in fiber and use bulk forming laxatives.  The surgery is very simple and has a very high curative rate.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by command2: 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2009
sorry what is bulk forming lactatives?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ILVU: 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2009
please I need help. I'm having a very bad odour at my penile area. it's so bad that almost all my trousers and underwears smell and no amount of bathing and laundering seem to help get it off. please what's the cause and cure? thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ILVU: 12:10am On Oct 05, 2009
doc, this problem has made me to socially isolate myself and i'm becoming seriously depressed and lost interest in life all because of this uncomfortable and embarrassing feelings caused by this unpleasant odour. kindly assist with advice as to what i can do to get rid of this. please!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Potu(m): 2:30am On Oct 05, 2009
command 2:

Dear Command 2;

Please forgive me; I am the one who should apologize for using a jargon.

Bulk-forming laxatives are agents that absorb water into the intestine, which increases bulk, distending the bowel to initiate reflex bowel activity and promoting a smooth bowel movement (the emphasis is on smooth). Bulk-forming laxatives act in a manner similar to that of dietary fiber.

Examples of bulk forming laxatives are psyllium, polycarbophil, and methylcellulose. Your personal physician will be able to recommend, which bulk-forming laxative is appropriate for you.

Bulk-forming laxatives are composed of water-retaining (hydrophilic) natural and synthetic cellulose derivatives. Psyllium is an example of a natural bulk-forming laxative, and methylcellulose is an example of a synthetic cellulose derivative.

Please bare in mind that bulk-forming laxatives will not work without increased fluid intake and can complicate constipation. And, you must take measures to reduce causes of constipation, which is an important underlying reason for rectal prolapse. Such measures include: 1) watch for adverse drug effects from drugs such as analgesics, iron supplements, aluminum and calcium antacids, and opiates. 2) mind your lifestyles such as proper bowel movement habits (ex. avoid voluntary refusal to defacate; diet (poor fluid intake and excessive consumption of low-residue (roughage) foods; make sure that you have proper exercise; and reduce psychological factors such as stress and anxiety. And, 3) adequately treat metabolic and/or endocrine disease if you have any -- for example diabetes mellitus.

Be sure to take a bulk-forming laxative as directed by the manufacturer with at least 240 mL (8 oz) of water. Note that long term use of laxatives often results in decreased bowel tone and may lead to dependency. Be honest with your health care provider regarding your dietary habits, fiber and fluid intake, and elimination patterns. If you are experiencing nausea, vomiting, and/or abdominal pain, please do not take any laxative. While taking bulk-forming laxatives, if you experience severe abdominal pain, muscle weakness, cramps, or dizziness; it may indicate possible fluid or electrolyte loss, please see your physician immediately.

However, I am begging you: Please go see a surgeon! The complications of rectal prolapse are not a joking matter. The ligaments and muscles that hold your rectum in place need to be surgically tightened. All other measures of treating rectal prolapse at your stage (change in lifestyles, diet, drugs, et cetera), are at best palliative!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jydoh(m): 4:45am On Oct 05, 2009
HI doc.

I want to bring to your notice an issue i've been battling with 4 so long, almost 8 years now,  i get this itching in my privates and it irritates so bad,  i dont have discharges, and i dont see pus or rashes or any symptomatic effect,  but i notice that the tip of my privates sometimes sticks/gums to my laps,

I have seen so many doctors,  both orthodox,  conventional and trado medics, they have all given me drugs, but after a little while, the problem re surfaces,  i have dropped notices on nairaland severally and other social sites, i have met wit pharmacist, both educated and tradtional, all still turns out same

Dr., sometimes the itching stops in the morning and re surfaces late in the evening, this usually makes me beleive it is not a disease afterall as most medics have told me, but afer a while, it comes again,

In the process of seeking medical help, i have done series of test ranging from swab test, to general body test, to urinal culture analysis and sperm culture and analysis, Dr., i still feel the problem now as i  send this mail, 

Most also noticed i sometimes have wet dreams @ my mid thirties age,  is dis not an effect of the trauma or is dt anoda spiritual problem,

Plz help me doc, i will really apppreciate your advice. Thanx

My sexual life is get ruined, would i eva be a man, would it not affect my fertility, considering the length of time i've been battling with the issue,  plz help me,  u can mail me privately on ahijude@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Potu(m): 6:59am On Oct 05, 2009
I LV U:

doc, this problem has made me to socially isolate myself and i'm becoming seriously depressed and lost interest in life all because of this uncomfortable and embarrassing feelings caused by this unpleasant odour. kindly assist with advice as to what i can do to get rid of this. please!

I empathize with you and I am saddened by your embarrassment. I strongly suggest that you see a urologist.

In the interim, if you have ascertained that you do not have an infection such as fungal infection (ex. yeast), or sexually transmitted disease, or prostitis (inflammation of your prostate); then there are good chances that your case is natural.

The area around your penis has special sweat glands that release pheromones; this with or without your normal skin flora (microorganisms that naturally reside in your body), causes your penile area to be malodorous. In some men, these glands are superactive. I suggest that you shower frequently, apply baby powder (or corn starch), trim long hair with a sideburn trimmer, and drink at least eight glasses of water a day.

As well, you can use baby wipes to keep the area smelling more neutral if you find yourself in a position where you cannot take a shower.

If the odor persists, however, I strongly suggest you consult a urologist.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ILVU: 12:50pm On Oct 05, 2009
Potu, thanks so much for the good piece of advice. I havent yet ascertained whether I've any of the infections you mentioned simply because I've been finding it hard to communicate what I've in mind as a result of my partial-deafness to doctors, even to my pple who're closest to me. som pple simply have difficulty understanding me and i dont blame them. I was indeed very glad when a thread was opened to enable pple share their health problems and get free medical advice. Only my God'll bless the initiators for the great benefits they're freely giving pple on this forum. I'm very grateful. By God's grace, I'll try to see an urologist as u advised and will get back to u with the results. Kudos to U ALL brothers for the good work. keep it up. you'll never lack, and never lose your reward both here and the hereafter. I'll appreciate any other contributions. thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2009
@Potu
Good job so far, you sound like a physician. If you're, I shall welcome you on behalf of fellow doctors on the forum: Balogun, Kathekiti.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Potu(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2009
command 2:

Dear Command 2;

Please forgive me; I am the one who should apologize for using a jargon.

Bulk-forming laxatives are agents that absorb water into the intestine, which increases bulk, distending the bowel to initiate reflex bowel activity and promoting a smooth bowel movement (the emphasis is on smooth). Bulk-forming laxatives act in a manner similar to that of dietary fiber.

Examples of bulk forming laxatives are psyllium, polycarbophil, and methylcellulose. Your personal physician will be able to recommend, which bulk-forming laxative is appropriate for you.

Bulk-forming laxatives are composed of water-retaining (hydrophilic) natural and synthetic cellulose derivatives. Psyllium is an example of a natural bulk-forming laxative, and methylcellulose is an example of a synthetic cellulose derivative.

Please bare in mind that bulk-forming laxatives will not work without increased fluid intake and can complicate constipation. And, you must take measures to reduce causes of constipation, which is an important underlying reason for rectal prolapse. Such measures include: 1) watch for adverse drug effects from drugs such as analgesics, iron supplements, aluminum and calcium antacids, and opiates. 2) mind your lifestyles such as proper bowel movement habits (ex. avoid voluntary refusal to defacate; diet (poor fluid intake and excessive consumption of low-residue (roughage) foods; make sure that you have proper exercise; and reduce psychological factors such as stress and anxiety. And, 3) adequately treat metabolic and/or endocrine disease if you have any -- for example diabetes mellitus.

Be sure to take a bulk-forming laxative as directed by the manufacturer with at least 240 mL (8 oz) of water. Note that long term use of laxatives often results in decreased bowel tone and may lead to dependency. Be honest with your health care provider regarding your dietary habits, fiber and fluid intake, and elimination patterns. If you are experiencing nausea, vomiting, and/or abdominal pain, please do not take any laxative. While taking bulk-forming laxatives, if you experience severe abdominal pain, muscle weakness, cramps, or dizziness; it may indicate possible fluid or electrolyte loss, please see your physician immediately.

However, I am begging you: Please go see a surgeon! The complications of rectal prolapse are not a joking matter. The ligaments and muscles that hold your rectum in place need to be surgically tightened. All other measures of treating rectal prolapse at your stage (change in lifestyles, diet, drugs, et cetera), are at best palliative!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Potu(m): 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2009
naijaking1:

@Potu
Good job so far

Thank you Sir!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AishaB(f): 4:44am On Oct 06, 2009
Potu:

I empathize with you and I am saddened by your embarrassment. I strongly suggest that you see a urologist.

Wow, good stuff
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AishaB(f): 4:45am On Oct 06, 2009
Potu:

Forgive me for asking, but by your “anus shooting out anytime I visit the toilet:” do you mean rectal prolapse. 

OMG this is phenomenal
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AishaB(f): 5:16am On Oct 06, 2009
naijaking1:

@Potu
Good job so far, you sound like a physician. .

I am intrigued. Who are you? I noticed, you did not answer Naijaking’s question? What do you do? How come you know so much?

Sincerely yours,

Ms. Curious!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by cutesharon(f): 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2009
hello doc, i just want to know if there is a chance of pregnancy. safe period is from 17th -26th septem and 6th oct -14th oct . ovulation is 1st oct.sex on 26th and 30th september. will there be a baby. thanx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:24pm On Oct 06, 2009
cutesharon, Dr KathyEkiti is best answering your query
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2009
Potu, thanks for your contribution. Try and keep your answers to what the normal public can understand. Try and stick to simple obvious diagnosis. Apart from us doctors on the forum not many people will recognise urticaria, angioedema and atopic dermatitis.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jydoh(m): 5:42am On Oct 07, 2009
jydoh:

HI doc.

I want to bring to your notice an issue i've been battling with 4 so long, almost 8 years now, i get this itching in my privates and it irritates so bad, i dont have discharges, and i dont see pus or rashes or any symptomatic effect, but i notice that the tip of my privates sometimes sticks/gums to my laps,

I have seen so many doctors, both orthodox, conventional and trado medics, they have all given me drugs, but after a little while, the problem re surfaces, i have dropped notices on nairaland severally and other social sites, i have met wit pharmacist, both educated and tradtional, all still turns out same

Dr., sometimes the itching stops in the morning and re surfaces late in the evening, this usually makes me beleive it is not a disease afterall as most medics have told me, but afer a while, it comes again,

In the process of seeking medical help, i have done series of test ranging from swab test, to general body test, to urinal culture analysis and sperm culture and analysis, Dr., i still feel the problem now as i send this mail,

Most also noticed i sometimes have wet dreams @ my mid thirties age, is dis not an effect of the trauma or is dt anoda spiritual problem,

Plz help me doc, i will really apppreciate your advice. Thanx

My sexual life is get ruined, would i eva be a man, would it not affect my fertility, considering the length of time i've been battling with the issue, plz help me, u can mail me privately on ahijude@yahoo.com

Doctors plz help me out on this, Anxiously waiting
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AdeRex: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2009
Help!

Ppl, please make I ask one question wey dey trouble me. My best paddy wey for meet me for America no fit come. Him people say the boy de in love with this girl, for say, the girl give am ‘kosomi.’ Weyting be kosomi? Him people say na ogogoro. Dem say the bobo don leave isale-eko; he now de comute from the girl her place in Ikorodu to work in Apapa for Lagos.

Something de wey fit break this kosomi. This foolish man is suppose to be here in school studing not with some woman. A beg, help B/C this boy be my real paddy man.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2009
Be glad if anyone can translate Aderex's request to understandable English
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2009
jydoh, do you have irritation in your scrotum(skin that houses your balls!!), your penis or your groin. The stickiness you are talking about, does that come from the tip of your penis. What time of the day do you notice it. What has this to do with your sexual life!!! Do you lack erection or not ejaculating properly. When you get your irritation, do you scratch at it. Need specifics and to the point

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.