Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,926 members, 7,799,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (633810 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
femijeffadeyemi: Can jaundice liver disease be heal totaly? Is it transferable thru intercourse? Is it safe for someone to marry a lady with ds infection? What is its medicati
on. Tnks.

Yes, it can either heal totally, or persists with or without symptoms or progresses to liver cancer. But it depends on the cause. Those that are surgically remediable are called "surgical jaundice". In our environment, jaundice is mostly caused by hepatitis B or C infection. You and your spouse should be screened for hepatitis B & C. If you are negative, then you are advised to be immunized against hepatitis B. Ofcourse you can go ahead and marry the lady. But you must avoid unprotected sexual intercourse with her till the cause of her jaundice is properly identified and treated.
Yes, hepatitis B and C are sexually transmitted diseases. They are transmitted through the same route as HIV.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
Stevecares: Hello doctor. Am responding quite well on Hypertensive and palpitation medication(for two weeks now). My high blood pressure and bounding heart beat is gradually coming down. But often i have headache, change in vision sometimes, dizziness and weakness, stuffy nose(right nostril), cough sensation, feeling of tight or blocked sensation in my throat sometimes. Have complained about these to the doctor, but no satisfactory reply(a public hospital). I feel so helpless

Alright! I'm so happy for you that you are responding to medications. The symptoms which you complained of might be the side effects of your medications. I suggest that you table those complaints to your doctor. He may either reduce the dosages of the drugs or change the drugs. All the best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2012
iceberg54: Hi doc, Pls i need ur help. I felt sick about 3months back. Symptoms were severe headache, feverish feeling, general weakness etc. I felt it was malaria so i took an antimalaria drug. 1 or 2 wks after that, it resurfaced so i went to do medical test(MP and Widal). MP was negative Widal was positive(Significant titre). So the doctor prescribed Augmentin. I used it and felt better. About a month ago, the same symptoms resurfaced. Went to do test. MP was negative, Widal was still positive but the doctor said it wasnt too significant. I was asked to take CIPROTAB which i did. 2wks ago, felt the same symptoms again. Went back to do the doctor. Was asked to do MP, Widal and Blood Culture or sensitivity(cant remember the exact name). MP was +1, widal was negative but i had to wait for 7days for the blood culture result. Doctor asked me to take an anti malaria pending the release of the other result. I took an antimalaria, felt okay for some days but symptoms resurfaced again last week thursday or fri. Blood culture result came out and this was the result "Gram positive cocci culture yielded growth of staph aureus after 2hrs of incubation at 37 degrees centigrade. resistant to augmentine. sensitive to gentamicin, offloxacin, levastat, cyprosan"

So doctor prescribed offloxacin which i completed yesterday. However am still feeling the same way(high body temp, body weakness, feverish feeling, headache etc)
Am so confused rite now. pls ur urgent response is required.
my email is icelander54@yahoo.com

I suggest that you visit any teaching hospital near you for an expert management.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
lokobam: Hi doc..which of d stds is more serious nxt to HIV/AIDS?

All STDs are as serious(if not more serious) as HIV/AIDS. Cos they can either lead to death or serious morbidity.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2012
femijeffadeyemi: Hi doctor, I sometime feel itch ahcne pains on my stomach skin somtim up around d ribs almost, for 5yrs bck, and when am ill 'malaria' I feel it d most. I once went _ hospital, I was givin proton, smtm,vit. Bco ad antibiotic amoxin ad co. Pls dr, wot is d good medication to this. What is really responsible 4 ds, d name of ds infection

Visit any teaching hospital or federal medical center near you.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
apmis: @ACM10: Grea work you are doing here. looking forward to lend a helping hand....

Looking forward to reading your advice. That's the little we can give to Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
Realfavour: Hi doc,i suddenly began to notice that my tongue colour is gradually becoming white instead of red,what could be d cause and what should i do? Plss i need ur help.

Which surface of your tongue is white? Is the upper surface or the underside of your tongue? I expect you to check for this in a well-lit room.
Do you have any other symptom?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
Jerry4utd: Hell doc.please I really need u to help me out.i have this pain in my anus region.it started after I went to stool.the stool was very hard,I had to push hard before it came out,and when i was through I noticed some blood stains on the tissue paper.the pain is so much I can hardly sit or walk.what can I do? Thanks

How old are you?

Does the blood come out spontaneously?

Do you feel any part of your body coming out when stooling?

Does blood splash on the pan?

Do you feel that you are loosing weight?

Describe your bowel habit at present? Has it changed?

When did it start?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
ik_moore2: Hello,

I recently notice this offensive mouth odour and I need your your advice on this. if I may ask, can STD cause this? kindly educate me on the causes and remedies..

Many Thanks in advance.

Maintain a proper mouth hygiene. Brush your teeth and tongue after each meal. Drink a lot of water(atleast 3litres per day). I don't have in mind any STD which can cause offensive mouth odour to the extent that you complained about it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
paparazzo: dear Doctors,
Gudday, 2weeks ago my girlfriend complained to me that she was having cramps and feeling tired.... Yesterday i took her to a hospital,she had two test ULTRASOUND AND BLOOD TEST bt both came out negative. This is wat wz shown on the ultrasound test result.
*NORMAL MYOMETRIAL ECHOES AND OULTINE SEEN
*THE ENDOMETRIAL PLATE IS SEEN AND APPEARS NORMAL
*NO CYESIS OR RETAINED PRODUCT OF CONCEPTION IS SEEN
*NO EVIDENCE OF INTRA/EXTRA UTERINE LEIOMYOMA SEEN
*BOTH OVARIES SHOW NO OBVIOUS ABNORMALITY.
*THE ADNEXAE AND POUCH OF DOUGLAS APPEAR FREE

SONOGRAPHIC FEATURES DEPICT-*ANTEVERTED UTERUS
*NO CYESIS/RETAINED PRODUCT
*NO INTRA/EXTRA UTERINE MYOMA
*NO OVARIAN LESION
*NIL ADNEXAE/POD
*ESSENTIALLY NORMAL PELVIC/UTERINE SONOGRAM.

The blood test came out Negative yesterday but why did she miss her period and she havent seen it up to this hour.*PLS DOCTOR HELP ME* THANKS.

Sorry can you describe "cramps" symptom with a plain english?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Cool83(m): 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
ACM10:

Widal test is used to detect/estimate the serum antibody titre to Salmonella typhi(an organism that causes typhoid). High antibody titre shows the presence of typhoid infection. Widal test has nothing to do with tuberculosis.
The test for tuberculosis are:

1. Mantoux test(tuberculin skin test)

2. Staining for acid/alcohol fast bacilli

3. Culture

4. X-ray, etc

So, how do you know that you are still having tuberculosis?
am having back pain,constant high temperature,occasional prolong cough,feeling as if something is moving in my veins,getting tired easily.most time my mantoux is neg-,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by paparazzo: 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2012
ACM10:

Sorry can you describe "cramps" symptom with a plain english?
cramp is a stomach ache
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by filcast(m): 7:49am On Oct 12, 2012
ACM10:

You gave a clearer description of your symptoms now. The physician who diagnosed peptic ulcer can't be wrong. In western countries, diagnosis of peptic ulcer involves both invasive and non-invasive investigations, of which endoscopy is the gold standard. But in Nigeria, we only depend on our clinical acumen and the progression of the symptoms to make diagnosis of peptic ulcer. So our diagnosis is blind at best.
The current treatment of peptic ulcer is called "triple therapy". It involves two different antibiotics and one acid-reducing agent. Treated for two weeks, while the acid reducing agent is continued till one month. I expect your physician to know about this protocol.
Other older regimen has high rate of treatment failure. Yours might be a case of treatment failure.

Finally, the micro-organism that causes peptic ulcer disease is ingested along with food and water. Just like the organism that causes typhoid fever, it thrives in an unsanitary environment. To avoid recurrence/re-infection after treatment, your foods should be warm; fruits should be washed with clean water, your hand should be washed with soap before eating, wash your hand with soap after using using toilet. Maintain a high degree personal hygiene.
Hello doc, Today a doctor prescribed the triple therapy for me - he prescribed the 'ulsa kit'-omeprazole,tinidazole,clarithromycin- 1 capsule each twice daily,for only one week (remember you said 2 weeks) while the acid reducing agent (rabeprazole) continues for 1 month.Is this adequate?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Thekeeper(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2012
Helo doc. Pls my uncle is suffering 4rm loss of cordination,could it be as a result of his hearing loss?. .what kind of medication should he take?. .its really making life unbearable for him.he has tinitus n severe BSHL
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by beedam(f): 11:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
I
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Thekeeper(m): 6:23am On Oct 13, 2012
Helo doc. .pls my uncle is suffering from loss of cordination,and he's hearing impaired(sever hearin loss)..what kind of treatment is available..he's realy worried cos he hardly goes out.pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Thekeeper(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
@myzee,do u knw wat loss of cordinatn is b4 i answer ur question?

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dynamiq(m): 10:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
Hello Doctors in the house. I need your advice and recommendations on my eye problem. I have a very good eye sight but the same eye sight is troubled by what I have been told is Conjuctivitis since I was born. I have learnt over time that it is not the infectious type as me and my dad are the only persons who have had it in our family. I think I inherited it from my dad. Those who make contact with the tears from my eyes never get infected with the eye problem. I also observe that it is during rainy and moist weather that the eye problem troubles me; the symptoms that characterise it, such as itching, redness, tear secretion and swelling normally disappear or subside without treatment during dry seasons. Right now as we are having rains, my eyes are in trouble again. I need to add that over the years I have been attended to by many medical personnel, who only recommend eye drops for me, such as Visine, Chloramphenicol, Spersalleg, Ivisine, etc. I don't use glasses because my sight/vision is excellent, despite my eye irritation. I have passed ALL eye tests in the past.
In short I have used the majority of eye drops sold in pharmacies/chemists but they only give relief. Please what I am now looking for is a CURE, and I would like doctors in the house to talk to me on this. I am optimistic that this problem has a cure. I will be glad if I find it. Thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Stevecares(m): 9:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
Please doc, i need a urgent reply. I took pharmafit Ginseng soft capsule(korea) just a capsule for the first time together with emzor paracetamol on going to bed at night. I was awaken in the middle of the night by body itching, culdn't fall asleep again, and feeling soft stomach, discomfort like worm and d urge 2 use d toilet. Could this discomfort possibly be a adverse reaction of the drug? or caused by other thing (like that very day before night i had a RVS test just 2 knw my status. Could the other cause be from the needle used for the test?). But d result showed negative. But am stil worried cos d itch has last up to 6days now. Thanks!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Enigift: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
Please doc do you know of any prenatal genotype screening center in Nigeria and the cost pls
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by aPr: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2012
whenever i get up from bed in the morning i find it painful to rest on my left palm i also limp for about 2 minutes on my left leg before i can work normally this is actually new to my body, please i need advise
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by aPr: 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
I have a friend whose little girl of 2 years she drags her right foot and right hand is bending inwards please what can be wrong. Gone to hospital with no positive result
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 16, 2012
Doc, i have catarrh and cough since Friday last week and it causing nose congestion and dripping it given em some kind of pressure on my head region though it has gone down now after taken septrin and cough syrub, but the issue is the catarrh still dey but cough gone down and now i lost me smelling and taste bud . i need remedies to get my taste and smelling bud back . i lost taste and smelling since Sunday
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Stevecares(m): 8:03am On Oct 17, 2012
Please doctor, i plead for your reply to my question above
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tgr8t4all(m): 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2012
Pls ooo doc & well learned people, my friend share his boding wit me yesterday, he told me dat His male organ is smaller to his age. He told me dis cos he alway ve misundastadin wit his girl, wen eva I ask him wat dey are all abt he wil said ntin. Nt until d girl, to him if he did nt do sometin abt it,she wil live him & expose evry tin to al his frds. so d guy said b4 she live or begging to expose him dat he shud share it wit me if @all I can help. Pls if dere any drugs he can take or any precaution he shud take? Pls your pieces of advice can make him good. Thanks anticipation
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tgr8t4all(m): 2:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
oc & well learned people, my friend share his boding wit me yesterday, he told me dat His male organ is smaller to his age. He told me dis cos he alway ve misundastadin wit his girl, wen eva I ask him wat dey are all abt he wil said ntin. Nt until d girl, to him if he did nt do sometin abt it,she wil live him & expose evry tin to al his frds. so d guy said b4 she live or begging to expose him dat he shud share it wit me if @all I can help. Pls if dere any drugs he can take or any precaution he shud take? Pls your pieces of advice can make him good. Thanks anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.