Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown (38548 Views)

Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Whatsapp Extends Expiration On Blackberry Phones To June 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Emassive(m): 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
Still sell it now when it has value and you can also get used to Life with another phone. Meanwhile, I would buy your Blackberry at a fair price if you have a very One. I would rather use it without Whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by YhungPablo(m): 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
that doesn't stop me from having whatsapp on my bb phone.. Like if you agreed
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by deolu2000(m): 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
Common sense has prevailed, they will never shut out any OS or phone, i knew it was all a bad joke from day one hence why i have been flexing my Nokia S40 without stress.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by kingsleyjando(m): 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
Larablink:
Good news smiley. Was planning on getting another phone. But I'm relieved now.have got more time.
. Let me have your pin .
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by verygudbadguy(m): 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hadez:
[size=20pt]What is happening to nairaland! People can't login with their mails again!!!!

I am about to quit this rubbish place for Linda ikeji [/size]

Please, do.

A lot of you guys need to go for more matured people to come on board. I'm tired of seeing comments like this when you can easily screenshot the error and send to the appropriate persons for swift resolution.

Go already. You won't be missed one bit. No, not by me, or any other sensible member.

Thanks.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by alobright17(m): 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
Mtweeeee why extending it na?abeg make them shut it down this year already.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by cloud9usher: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2016
Any tech savvy person shouldn't have been worried about the Whatsapp threat, the solution is simple, all you need to do is download an APK moded Whatsapp file and you are up and going again.

I can't wait for the Blackberry Mercury DTEK70 to be released! I need that phone like crazy!!!

I can't do without my Blackberry classic, lovely phone, and I can't do without my physical QWERTY keyboard, I can literally type anything even without looking at my phone keypad.

Ginaz you can say that again about Blackberry, their phones are secure, efficient, and durable! The only problem Blackberry had prior to now was their crappy batteries and they have fixed that, show me the latest Blackberry phones like Passport, Classic, Priv(Android), DKEK 50 & 60(both Android) and tell me if you can compare them with the crappy phones like Infinix, Techno, etc. From battery, camera, security, etc, new Blackberry are on point! Even high end Samsung and HTC are at par with new Blackberry phones.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by london4luv: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
But my bold 5 has stop working
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by burkutu: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
yomalex:
WhatsApp Extends Blackberry Shutdown Till June 2017

WhatsApp earlier this year announced they would no longer be supporting BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 handsets by the end of 2016 but it seems they have changed their mind.

According to an update in the FAQ section of the WhatsApp App it has now been extended to June 2017.

WhatsApp support for mobile devices
As announced in our blog, we will soon be ending support for certain devices. On June 30, 2017, we will no longer support the following platforms:
BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 Nokia S40 Nokia Symbian S60 The following platforms will no longer be supported at the beginning of 2017:
Android 2.1 and Android 2.2 Windows Phone 7 iPhone 3GS/iOS 6
These platforms don't offer the kind of capabilities we need to expand our app's features in the future. If you use one of these affected mobile devices, we recommend upgrading to a newer Android running OS 2.3+, a Windows Phone 8+, or an iPhone running iOS 7+ before the end of 2016 to continue using WhatsApp.

The new update for the BlackBerry 10 version is available through BlackBerry World, it should be however noted that this just resets the time-bomb built into the app. a whole lot of people have been trying to dispose their phones to get compatible ones but i guess now they'll wait a little more.

Don't forget to share with your Friends :-)

Source: http://tipsdome.com.ng/whatsapp-extends-blackberry-shutdown/

Op is a big fat liar. there is nothing like that on whatsapp blog.

op, provide the link to the updated FAQ or forever remain a fool.

you copied and pasted the initial notice about the end of whatsapp on bb phones and changed the date to deceive people. What have you gained?

kontinu....
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
shiftback:
Lol...this will prompt slot to stop their promo sale of blackberries.
If you haven't copped yours now is a good time.
30k for Z30 is a STEAL!

guy shift back and be serious oooo, Z30 for how much? are u serious or just kidding... i love my android but gosh the cool all in one place feel of the q10 and z30 is so perfect, the Blackberry HUB is the craziest and logiest idea on any smartphone, guy which slot dey sell 30k oooo, need to get one by friday grin grin
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by yomalex(m): 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
burkutu:

you copied and pasted the initial notice about the end of whatsapp on bb phones and changed the date to deceive people. What have you gained?

kontinu....
I changed the date to decieve people on the top forum in Africa? Are you using your head at all?
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2016
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy guys and babes come to Lagos Island, for about a month now, people have been selling their z10's and q10's for 5k, 7k, i thought it was a joke till last week when i went to fix my phone at the Adeniji area and someone came in and sold a Black Q10 for 3,500, he said he wanted to sell for 5k because of no whatsapp and facebook and the guy priced it down to 3,500, they even used my Q1o's battery to verify it was ok, i was more than shocked, Q10 that i over love, that bosses who understand connectivity and productivity plus ability to seamlessly connect multiple mails, twitter and more to one hub, phones that people love and someone sold for 3,500, that image is still with me till today, it shows most Nigerians just buy phones for candy crush and large screen reasons, people don't really know what they really want in a smartphone, no wonder Nigeria is a dumping ground, most youths don't know jack about smartphones, as long as it takes good pictures, can play games and browse, they don't mind spending 50, 60 and 70k on these phones, really SMH upon all the uni and poly we all go to.......

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
burkutu:

kontinu....

bro he didn't change anything, he is right...

https://thewhistler.ng/story/relief-as-whatsapp-extends-blackberry-shutdown-till-june-2017
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
cloud9usher:
Any tech savvy person shouldn't have been worried about the Whatsapp threat, the solution is simple, all you need to do is download an APK moded Whatsapp file and you are up and going again.

I can't wait for the Blackberry Mercury DTEK70 to be released! I need that phone like crazy!!!

I can't do without my Blackberry classic, lovely phone, and I can't do without my QWERTY keyboard, I can literally type anything even without looking at my phone keypad.

Ginaz you can say that again about Blackberry, their phones are secure, efficient, and durable! The only problem Blackberry had prior to now was their crappy batteries and they have fixed that, show me the latest Blackberry phones like Passport, Classic, Priv(Android), DKEK 50 & 60(both Android) and tell me if you can compare them with the crappy phones like Infinix, Techno, etc. From battery, camera, security, etc, new Blackberry are on point! Even high end Samsung and HTC are at par with new Blackberry phones.

bro it shows majority of Nigerians are largely ignorant, they just buy what is in vogue and trending at that moment, most Nigerians insult blackberry, ask them to give you 5 reasons blackberry is bad and they would go blank, a device so secure, easy to easy, straight to the point about things, gives you a perfect hub for activities, the dtek won't be with us anytime soon but good thing for the merge, i have used all types of blackberry's and android also, had to go back to my blackberry and fell in love with the little Q10 then Z30...it's a good thing, tech savvy guys still exist like you on this forum, i was already getting bored with nairaland hence why i rarely comment on here...

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by tikkykay: 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
burkutu:

kontinu....

Well I just updated my whatsapp on my bb10 device nd I saw this...is BlackBerry lyin too now

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by domopps(m): 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
Best news so far for me 2day!

Cheeeeers
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by piagetskinner(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
Cre8:
Good news to the users. And for those considering on getting a new device, I have a Gionee S6s for sale or swap with Gionee M5 /M5 plus

Whataspp :07062380698

How much...what of battery consumption..I hear its not all that
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by YOUNGKAHUNA: 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2016
burkutu:

kontinu....
I hope you can see it

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by bobbybrown007: 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
Not even a bold2 sef
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Enoquin(f): 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy guys and babes come to Lagos Island, for about a month now, people have been selling their z10's and q10's for 5k, 7k, i thought it was a joke till last week when i went to fix my phone at the Adeniji area and someone came in and sold a Black Q10 for 3,500, he said he wanted to sell for 5k because of no whatsapp and facebook and the guy priced it down to 3,500, they even used my Q1o's battery to verify it was ok, i was more than shocked, [b]Q10 that i over love, that bosses who understand connectivity and productivity plus ability to seamlessly connect multiple mails, twitter and more to one hub, [/b]phones that people love and someone sold for 3,500, that image is still with me till today, it shows most Nigerians just buy phones for candy crush and large screen reasons, people don't really know what they really want in a smartphone, no wonder Nigeria is a dumping ground, most youths don't know jack about smartphones, as long as it takes good pictures, can play games and browse, they don't mind spending 50, 60 and 70k on these phones, really SMH upon all the uni and poly we all go to.......

You deserve a peck! My Q10 is my P.A, my professional, business and personal mails; same for twitter are all in one place. I don't need to open several mails every morning...increased productivity, ease of handling different applications and lots more are the reasons, I would never leave a BlackBerry Qwerty pad till it breathes its last.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by shiftback: 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

guy shift back and be serious oooo, Z30 for how much? are u serious or just kidding... i love my android but gosh the cool all in one place feel of the q10 and z30 is so perfect, the Blackberry HUB is the craziest and logiest idea on any smartphone, guy which slot dey sell 30k oooo, need to get one by friday grin grin
Slot.ng bro. Bought one a fortnight ago. No kidding 30k
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by piagetskinner(m): 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ohhhh! y naw??....I thought it would be a perfect excuse to get rid of my bb before december nd get a dope android fone...now its june 2017
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Abu4shizo: 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
Thanks Op.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by beautiful232(f): 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2016
micxwell:
Really! I used to love it; they so disappointed me.

have never liked that phone for once
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by higherpower: 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
yomalex:

WhatsApp earlier this year announced they would no longer be supporting BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 handsets by the end of 2016 but it seems they have changed their mind.

According to an update in the FAQ section of the WhatsApp App it has now been extended to June 2017

As announced in our blog, we will soon be ending support for certain devices. On June 30, 2017, we will no longer support the following platforms:
BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 Nokia S40 Nokia Symbian S60 The following platforms will no longer be supported at the beginning of 2017:
These platforms don't offer the kind of capabilities we need to expand our app's features in the future. If you use one of these affected mobile devices, we recommend upgrading to a newer Android running OS 2.3+, a Windows Phone 8+, or an iPhone running iOS 7+ before the end of 2016 to continue using WhatsApp.

The new update for the BlackBerry 10 version is available through BlackBerry World, it should be however noted that this just resets the time-bomb built into the app. a whole lot of people have been trying to dispose their phones to get compatible ones but i guess now they'll wait a little more.

OP but they keep sending me this message!!

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
yomalex:
what do you think of the update?

Check my signature for a Reliable Bulk SMS service. DND Filter Available(SMS units to DND numbers is refunded) try us Today

Do you've customize sender's name? i want to send text in my name, can it be done?
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Elxandre(m): 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
the bb hub you people are screaming about is available on android. even bb has given up and jumped ship to android. tell me why whatsapp should still bother with a discontinued os?

6 months is close by! lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by danxzy: 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
hmmmm those u that still have it better sell it now as soon as possible
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by jaafree: 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
yomalex:

According to an update in the FAQ section of the WhatsApp App it has now been extended to June 2017.

. Just less than two months to go as if it is one year extension, useless ppl.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
seriously, for whatsapp to think of stopping its update for blackberry is many steps in the wrong direction. what if bbm says they are going to disable their services on android? they ought to come to a meaningful agreement that will make users happy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by folasayolyn(f): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
burkutu:

kontinu....

actually it's true just update your whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Infinix Zero 4 And Zero 4 Plus Have Been Officially Launched! / Launching Of Tecno Camon Cx & Cx Air (Live Updates) / See The Latest Bb Charger (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.