Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown (38544 Views)

Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Whatsapp Extends Expiration On Blackberry Phones To June 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by folasayolyn(f): 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
done mine
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by folasayolyn(f): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

bro it shows majority of Nigerians are largely ignorant, they just buy what is in vogue and trending at that moment, most Nigerians insult blackberry, ask them to give you 5 reasons blackberry is bad and they would go blank, a device so secure, easy to easy, straight to the point about things, gives you a perfect hub for activities, the dtek won't be with us anytime soon but good thing for the merge, i have used all types of blackberry's and android also, had to go back to my blackberry and fell in love with the little Q10 then Z30...it's a good thing, tech savvy guys still exist like you on this forum, i was already getting bored with nairaland hence why i rarely comment on here...

actually that's why I got the z10 cos I could use android apps like aldiko etc., but when Facebook was phased out I was unable to get a Facebook app integrated with my hub. hence my fb was useless so what assurance do we have if we side loading whatsapp that it would integrate into the hub. but Yay 6 extra months hopefully wailer gets it right and naira stabilises by then
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by PatrickOd: 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2016
Can I download it on my phone now?
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Larablink(f): 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
cyrilamx:
Or someone was planning to get for you? wink wink cheesy
lol your head there.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Mockinbird: 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2016
Lawalemi:
BlackBerry is pressing the right buttons. They will soon move it to 2030
Na lie.
Whatsapp has stop working on my BB already.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by ucnwafor(m): 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
I dont think this news is from a reliable joor

whatsap has stopped working blackberry fonez

smh

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by bodilong: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
I hope d news is true oo.. Coz am still enjoying ma touch 2
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by zicoraads: 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
Larablink:
Good news smiley. Was planning on getting another phone. But I'm relieved now.have got more time.
I actually did get another phone recently. Hasn't arrived though. Got it online and all.

Didn't even think for one second about throwing away my BlackBerry device. I'm in love with it like kilode.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by yomalex(m): 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
ifemi8070:

Do you've customize sender's name? i want to send text in my name, can it be done?
Yes Sir
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
Enoquin:

You deserve a peck! My Q10 is my P.A, my professional, business and personal mails; same for twitter are all in one place. I don't need to open several mails every morning...increased productivity, ease of handling different applications and lots more are the reasons, I would never leave a BlackBerry Qwerty pad till it breathes its last.

Babe ur so weird in a cool way, wink u actually understand the Q10 and the idea behind the blackberry 10 and 10.2 OS, very few guys and babes rarely get that far, now u officially have a BB 10 friend courtesy of nairaland but seriously tho, most people don't know jack about what a smart phone is really about, the major different between the android and blackberry is that android is a more flexible OS and more fun but if u want fun mixed with productivity then the BB 10 is it, the Q10 is almost perfect but the Z30 is also great, if you love qwerty like i do then that Q10 is the best device for you.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
folasayolyn:

actually that's why I got the z10 cos I could use android apps like aldiko etc., but when Facebook was phased out I was unable to get a Facebook app integrated with my hub. hence my fb was useless so what assurance do we have if we side loading whatsapp that it would integrate into the hub. but Yay 6 extra months hopefully wailer gets it right and naira stabilises by then

Nice points you raised dear, i would always advice get an android by the side but never leave your blackberry, i mean the Q10, Z30 upwards tho if you love a blackberry..
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
ucnwafor:
I dont think this news is from a reliable joor

whatsap has stopped working blackberry fonez

smh

Bro my whatsapp still works and everyone i know using a BB 10 phone all use whatsapp on a daily basis, if yours or a friends isn't working, ask why to know why to know more
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
shiftback:

Slot.ng bro. Bought one a fortnight ago. No kidding 30k

Guy i am pissed joor, the device is out of stock, this is some messed up news man, i wanted to order already man, Z3 was 20k both out of stock, really wanted to use the Z30 again... embarassed embarassed undecided
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Donmichaelz(m): 7:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
If you av BB passport holla me I want to buy it for 10k,no negotiations am doing you a favour
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by MotorConnectz(m): 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
Op it's blackberry OS and OS 10 not blackberry in general. Edit your topic. Blackberry is now running on andriod OS. I use a priv whatsapp is very compatible with my phone from now till whenever.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Clemsworld(m): 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
I'm stiil seeing the message now

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
beautiful232:

have never liked that phone for once

ermm, ermm sad lipsrsealed undecided mz beautiful, Blackberry is not a phone oo, it's a brand and they have more than 10 phones, sounds weird calling it a phone like you just did, one does not even kjnow which device you are refering to.. grin grin
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
Elxandre:
the bb hub you people are screaming about is available on android.
even bb has given up and jumped ship to android.
tell me why whatsapp should still bother with a discontinued os?

6 months is close by! lol

lol, BB hub is available on android, oh gosh i just fell down and started laughing in Swahili and Korean grin grin grin grin grin grin both at once, no offence do you understand what a HUB means or when a statement says 'A Hub of activities'? guy on all android, u have to go to your apps or app drawer to open them or view mails, the HUB is a BB10 thing, bro let me ask use, name 5 things you do with your android device that helps or enhances productivity? i know the answers, 70% of Nigerian android users don't know half of what their android or blackberry phones can do and even if you tell them, they'd still reset back to factory setting mode of Facebook, Instagram, Candy Crush, take pics and use youtube once in a while and they come online screaming they hate blackberry, don't get me wrong, i love android, i had a tab i practically over loved and all but i have used both and i can tell you after i get bored with all those things, i just want a device i can hold and take a peak and see all my personal mails, office mails, what's happening on cnn, channels tv, twitter, instagram, my latest reviews without actually opening the apps, just a peak and i can even reply tweets, DM's and mails from that little peak called blackberry hub with no distraction like an android would ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by tosyne2much(m): 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2016
TeamSimple:
Click like if you are happy about this news just like me grin
You better go change your phone before whatsapp go change their mind tongue
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by shiftback: 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Guy i am pissed joor, the device is out of stock, this is some messed up news man, i wanted to order already man, Z3 was 20k both out of stock, really wanted to use the Z30 again... embarassed embarassed undecided
Too bad.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by austinereds(m): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
cool ;DKoba koba. Kikiki. Even if whatsapp like they should shutdown tomorrow. E no concern me. I just bought Q10 at a steal price
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by rhektor(m): 6:04am On Nov 16, 2016
Lawalemi:
BlackBerry is pressing the right buttons. They will soon move it to 2030

If they had carried out their threat on those phones, What'sapp may become worthless maybe many people will turn to 2go grin grin grin grin grin . After all the only reason many people are on what'sapp is because its a cross-platform app once it's no longer the same users would hold on to whatever is in the market that would give them results

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by rhektor(m): 6:08am On Nov 16, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

lol, BB hub is available on android, oh gosh i just fell down and started laughing in Swahili and Korean grin grin grin grin grin grin both at once, no offence do you understand what a HUB means or when a statement says 'A Hub of activities'? guy on all android, u have to go to your apps or app drawer to open them or view mails, the HUB is a BB10 thing, bro let me ask use, name 5 things you do with your android device that helps or enhances productivity? i know the answers, 70% of Nigerian android users don't know half of what their android or blackberry phones can do and even if you tell them, they'd still reset back to factory setting mode of Facebook, Instagram, Candy Crush, take pics and use youtube once in a while and they come online screaming they hate blackberry, don't get me wrong, i love android, i had a tab i practically over loved and all but i have used both and i can tell you after i get bored with all those things, i just want a device i can hold and take a peak and see all my personal mails, office mails, what's happening on cnn, channels tv, twitter, instagram, my latest reviews without actually opening the apps, just a peak and i can even reply tweets, DM's and mails from that little peak called blackberry hub with no distraction like an android would ....

How has this your long essay explained anything to him? Self acclaimed professors everywhere

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by fashrola(m): 6:29am On Nov 16, 2016
Clemsworld:
I'm stiil seeing the message now

Go to BBWORLD and update ur whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Elxandre(m): 8:11am On Nov 16, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

No offence, but you no dey hear word grin

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/blackberry-s-best-app-is-now-available-to-anyone-on-android-6-1325993
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Elxandre(m): 8:13am On Nov 16, 2016
If I fit get Z30 for 30k I'll buy asap.
Though I hate outdated tech experience, but the deal is too good. cool

holla me if you get link. tongue
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by cyrilamx(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2016
U go fit buy before?
Larablink:
lol your head there.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Larablink(f): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2016
cyrilamx:
U go fit buy before?
why not.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by Larablink(f): 10:02am On Nov 16, 2016
zicoraads:

I actually did get another phone recently. Hasn't arrived though. Got it online and all.

Didn't even think for one second about throwing away my BlackBerry device. I'm in love with it like kilode.
lol. I will still keep my BlackBerry no matter what. Might just make use of this jumia black Friday and order for a new phone.
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by dbanjj1629(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2016
tikkykay:

Well I just updated my whatsapp on my bb10 device nd I saw this...is BlackBerry lyin too now
My whatsapp isn't working even after the extension. Please what can I do?? Fellow BB Touch2 users
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by cyrilamx(m): 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Larablink:
why not.
Good for u. By January, am get my Samsung galaxy S6 edge plus..
Re: Whatsapp Extends Blackberry Shutdown by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
Elxandre:

No offence, but you no dey hear word grin

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/blackberry-s-best-app-is-now-available-to-anyone-on-android-6-1325993

Bro if you took out time to actually read through the link, you would learn it's a big plus to bb 10, android doesn't have it, blackberry made a version for android with only 30 days free trial then u have to pay or have loads of ads as u type or do anything, it's like telling Nigerians that they have to pay for Candy crush or facebook on their android, bro, 80% would stop using it and ur using that as a point here, nigerians that love only free apps..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Infinix Zero 4 And Zero 4 Plus Have Been Officially Launched! / Launching Of Tecno Camon Cx & Cx Air (Live Updates) / See The Latest Bb Charger (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.