Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended (3181 Views)

Meet Ramesh Babu, An Indian Barber Who Drives Rolls-Royce Ghost To His Shop / Rolls-Royce Ghost EWB ‘Inspired By Private Jet’ / 2016 Mercedes Maybach S600 Emperor- N750m Car For Only 10 People In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 15, 2016
Two uber-luxurious auto rivals - Maybach and Rolls-Royce - for years have been competing for dominance. Up for an interactive comparison here we have RR Ghost II Extended versus Mercedes-Maybach S600.

First thing that comes to mind is the price, and that's a spot-on question. Despite bringing same-level luxury, and space, (and brand name), Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II EWB (Extended Wheel Base) costs as much as a Maybach S600 with an S-Class in the trunk: the Brit is priced $130k over the German's price.

When it comes to power and performance, both extended luxury sedans stand close to each other, at least on the paper. Both have 12-cylinder twin-turbocharged engines, but due to Ghost's larger engine capacity (6.6 litres), it generates 40 more horsepower than the Maybach S600 (523 hp at 4,900 rpm; 612 lb-ft of torque), rated at 563 hp at 5,250 rpm, 575 lb-ft of torque. The Maybach S600 is 0.1 seconds faster than the Rolls, from 0 - 100km. Their top speeds are 250km/hr. The Maybach has a 7-speed automatic transmission, while the Ghost has an 8-speed automatic transmission.

In terms of fuel consumption, the Maybach S600 consumes 16.9 litres per 100km (city), and 8.7 litres per 100km (highway, while the Ghost consumes 17.3 litres per 100km (city), and 10.5 litres per 100km (highway).

The extended wheelbase Ghost Series II is longer than the Maybach and naturally brings more rear seat leg room. But for those who think Mercedes-Maybach S600 doesn't have enough rear seat room, Mercedes also offers the Maybach in a Pullman variation.

I stand to be corrected.

Personally, I'd pick the Maybach over the Rolls Royce, any time, any day. Maybe that's because I'm a Mercedes-Benz enthusiast. I've never really fancied the Rolls Royce. The Maybach has always been easy on the eyes. Its rival looks like the Devil.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by Alvin007: 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
MsDelilah:

Personally, I'd pick the Maybach over the Rolls Royce, any time, any day. Maybe that's because I'm a Mercedes-Benz enthusiast. I've never really fancied the Rolls Royce. The Maybach has always been easy on the eyes. Its rival looks like the Devil.

In this case, the devil is my friend. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
Alvin007:

cheesy cheesy cheesy #RunsAway
Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by KingRex1(m): 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
When it comes to beauty and a modern finesse style, I'd go with the S600. But when you talk bout power, swag and a lil more class, it's the Rolls..

But I'm a Mercedes fan too and kinda dislike rolls. Would consider these too.. Audi A8, BMW 7 series and lexus LS cool

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by Kufie(m): 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
KingRex1:
When it comes to beauty and a modern finesse style, I'd go with the S600. But when you talk bout power, swag and a lil more class, it's the Rolls..

But I'm a Mercedes fan too and kinda dislike rolls. Would consider these too.. Audi A8, BMW 7 series and lexus LS cool

Audi A8L, BMW M760Li & Lexus LS460L.. I think those are basically S-Class competitors anyway. The Mercedes-Maybach goes a step further but the new M760Li tho..

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by KingRex1(m): 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2016
Kufie:

Audi A8L, BMW M760Li & Lexus LS460L.. I think those are basically S-Class competitors anyway. The Mercedes-Maybach goes a step further but the new M760Li tho..

Yeaah.. You sure do know ur autos.

M760 is just a monster, it's so dope. Saw a video few days back on IG where the remote could drive the car with the driver outside

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
KingRex1:

Yeaah.. You sure do know ur autos.

M760 is just a monster, it's so dope. Saw a video few days back on IG where the remote could drive the car with the driver outside

Yeah, I saw that video too. But the self-driving technology is not exactly new now, is it? I mean, we saw that in James Bond: Tomorrow Never Dies (1997). grin
Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by KingRex1(m): 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
MsDelilah:

Yeah, I saw that video too. But the self-driving technology is not exactly new now, is it? I mean, we saw that in James Bond: Tomorrow Never Dies (1997).

Come on.. Cars in movies are usually concept cars. But this is for the commercial consumers and world market.
You have to agree with me that vid was dope.. The way the remote started the car, checked the sensors and reparked it. cool
Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2016
KingRex1:

Come on.. Cars in movies are usually concept cars. But this is for the commercial consumers and world market.
You have to agree with me that vid was dope.. The way the remote started the car, checked the sensors and reparked it. cool

Lol... I know, was kidding. That video tripped me though!!! Damn!
Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by talktimi(m): 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
I'll pick both cool
Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by romme2u: 11:12am On Dec 03, 2016
Your analysis is epic and outstanding attracting even novice in auto world. Notwithstanding the price and the fuel efficiency of the maybach-mercedes, i'll still go for the RR ghost II as it is more masculine and royal (........and did i mention that am a secret fan of RR cheesy).

Your last paragraph shows our taste complements each other. wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by nurey(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
Give me a LEXUS LS600H, and i could be contended. Do you know what happens when this million dollars break down on Lagos roads, you cant leave the car for security reasons and you cant stay for your own safety, be smart, agberos have gone E-settling they now brandish POS on the move.

you: what is wrong with thi car
Agberos : oga, make we come help you push
you: this car is 3000 pounds cant be pushed
Agberos : for parking here your money 5million naira
you : laughing dont worry, i will settle boys
Agberos: oga, this one no be laughing matter, your money nah 5million naira for parking here
you: dont worry my mechanic is coming soon
Agberos : oga, nah your quote be this
parking 5 million
mechanic giving solution 200,000
mechanic touching car 1.5m
towing 500,000
overnight boiz security 1million/hr

you: i dont have a dime on me here
Agberos: nah cashless economy we dey, oya igo, jojueeh, bajeh, one shot, bring POS, make baba dey settle hin tax
you: Faints on the spot

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2016
I think the Ghost makes much more financial sense to buy and own here, that V12 S-class will lose as much as 68% of its value in less than 8yrs. Clean title 2004 S600s and S65 AMGs go for less than 12k dollars-less than 10% of their original retail prices.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Vs. Rolls Royce Ghost II Extended by youngice(m): 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
Alvin007:

sweet lines men

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pre-order Your Dreamed Cars Through O.l.m Autos / Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 / The Man Who Owns 400 Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.