Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate (56422 Views)

MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official / Data Rate Increase: A Deliberate Mechanism To Reduce Social Media Influence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by folasayolyn(f): 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
may God punish these useless looters after emptying the treasury they want to start obtaining from the masses.

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by LieDetector(m): 6:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
bilal4riid:

They never said "increase". Change can be decrease
it's increase.... MTN has removed the 100% bonus they offer for monthly subscriptions.... We're doomed bro cry
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 8:15pm On Nov 25, 2016
LieDetector:
it's increase.... MTN has removed the 100% bonus they offer for monthly subscriptions.... We're doomed bro cry

Leave that guy jare...N1000 is 500MB by December. that should mean decrease to him

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by iliyande(m): 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2016
LieDetector:

I was given the bonus not up to an hour
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by shedy03(m): 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
ademijuwonlo:
The minister of information had said that social media has been the greatest problem of FG. This is FG getting back at Nigerians and what a better way of reducing Nigerians access to social media than to increase the price of data.
it took the country quite sometime to get data this cheap.
every APCs policy is aiming at taking the country backward.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 6:39am On Nov 26, 2016
SBG04:
Stupid thread, stupid OP, irresponsible super mod that put this on front page. Just irresponsible. Day by day they're reducing d credibility of this site.
Your Drugs are finished? Take your Drugs and stop showing everybody you are a mental patient!
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 6:51am On Nov 26, 2016
calyto:

If you truly are an insider, you would have known that this your statement is mixed with truth and falsehood.

1.NCC did not say anybody should increase data price;more telcos did because Glo did first.
2.Most telcos buy from wholesalers(like Glo and MainOne) and after dropping data price, they've been at a loss since then.
3.Because they will need to source for forex to buy and pay for almost everything, network quality will suffer if they continue at same price.
4.And if they insist on continuing this same way, they will have no other option than to cut down their staff strength.

Say what you know. I guess you are unaware MTN has its own submarine cable that landed in Nigeria? You can keep giving reasons and excuses, that does not remove the fact that NCC induced this increase in the price of data!
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 6:52am On Nov 26, 2016
joshikenna1:

"NCC did not say anybody should increase data price;more telcos did because Glo did first.".......YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE
I thought I was the only person that tried to understand the rubbish written there. You self see the rubbish?
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 6:57am On Nov 26, 2016
calyto:

What i mean is- Glo slashed down their data price because they can afford to do it.(They're one of the major wholesalers in Nigeria. Meaning Airtel, MTN and Etisalat buy from either Glo-1 or MainOne in wholesale price and re-sell.)

Because of traffic at peak period,telcos need to either increase their network capacity(which requires sourcing for fx), drive traffic to off-peak periods when there is low capacity utilization, or increase data price in order not to continue to be at a loss.
Since they slashed down data price,they have been loosing at least 600 million naira monthly apart from Glo so the price is not realistic.
At the end something will have to suffer;quality or quantity

I repeat, say what you know or shut up. Wholesalers ko retailers ni. If you are really in the telecoms industry, you won't post this crap. MTN does not buy anything from any teleco. Only business MTN has with other telecos is collocation of base station which is a standard practice in telecoms.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2016
Gerrie:

Guy, just attach your NCC ID Card to complete the formalities.

Welldone NCC spokesperson. Mtchew! angry
Abi ooh... The guy has been defending NCC's stupid action since. Useless person.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 7:03am On Nov 26, 2016
calyto:

grin grin
You be muntula aswear.
Anyway, i don't work with NCC but i work with one of the Telcos so i'm familiar with what's happening.

Oga that you sell recharge cards does not mean you work in telecoms. From what you have posted so far, it is obvious you are a bye stander in the Telecoms industry and not in any Teleco!
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by joshikenna1(m): 7:43am On Nov 26, 2016
[b][/b]UNFORTUNATELY, I JUST CONFIRMED THIS MANDATION TO INCREASE DATA BY NCC from a friend mine that works in one of the telecom. I didn't want to believe it but it's true. All networks are to increase data effective from December but he said not all the networks are on board with this idea but what choice do they have. Let's see what will happen though.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by sammieomoba: 11:46am On Nov 26, 2016
Na to go sub on glo 5k data for 4mths(97 gig ) b4 dec 1
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by sammieomoba: 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
Glo twitter handle said we should ignore the info

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Sentientcarbon(m): 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
A petition has been raised.
You can click tis link to sign it.

https://twitter.com/Bigbounce01/status/802534362260635648?s=08
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by paulabdeel(m): 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
The simple reason is that they want to curtail the power of the social media. Expensive data means less time on social media and therefore less criticism.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by themanderon: 8:32am On Nov 27, 2016
ogres from hell. That's what this government is.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by ogaprime(m): 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hello guys, its true...I just received a message from mtn for the increase in data price as directed by NCC to operators
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by superfelix: 2:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
oh Lawd

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by kodded(m): 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
[s]
SalomonKane:
The only reason I can think of is that the government wants to curb public opinion. Especially the opinion of the masses who always talk before they think.

The crash of data price have given all manner of people access to the internet to perpetrate and show their foolishness.

Since the social media bill was rebuffed by Nigerians, this way is the only way the government can curb the massive senselessness that has taken over social media.
[/s]

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 4:48am On Nov 30, 2016
Olasco93:
Had it been the information has a sourced-link, it would have been smiling on front page with lots of dismal and bismal comments, trust Nigerians.
For this kind of informations, na Source and link Lalasticlala dey check first... Before he tap him customized FP BUTTON
Where the "sauce and lick" get una now? Seun, Lalasticlala and Nairaland people need to start taking issues seriously. I see different threads on this data increase matter and I laugh because I warned them early enough, but they were looking for source and link. Make una carry una cross ooh
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 4:54am On Nov 30, 2016
SBG04:
Stupid thread, stupid OP, irresponsible super mod that put this on front page. Just irresponsible. Day by day they're reducing d credibility of this site.
Oga how market?
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 4:58am On Nov 30, 2016
davtosh:
It sounds fake more than true. What concerns NNC on how much network providers charge, Do they have a percentage in the companies. Then of what benefits is the hike in price to them.
This sounds like the common Whatsapp will close your account if you don't send to ten ppl in 24hours message.
grin
How market? Shebi your eye don clear now? You will pay more for Data from 1st December. You will learn not to be a doubting Thomas!
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 5:02am On Nov 30, 2016
aluk:

What does it benefit NCC to direct communications companies to increase their data prices? I just don't understand, hence, my difficulty believing this info. Until it happens, my fingers are crossed.
Is your fingers still crossed? Abeg uncross am make you fit pay the new increased data tariff from tommorow ooh. Yeye person!
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 5:05am On Nov 30, 2016
calyto:

If you truly are an insider, you would have known that this your statement is mixed with truth and falsehood.

1.NCC did not say anybody should increase data price;more telcos did because Glo did first.
2.Most telcos buy from wholesalers(like Glo and MainOne) and after dropping data price, they've been at a loss since then.
3.Because they will need to source for forex to buy and pay for almost everything, network quality will suffer if they continue at same price.
4.And if they insist on continuing this same way, they will have no other option than to cut down their staff strength.

How market? Are you sticking with your story or you want to change it now?
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 5:08am On Nov 30, 2016
calyto:

What i mean is- Glo slashed down their data price because they can afford to do it.(They're one of the major wholesalers in Nigeria. Meaning Airtel, MTN and Etisalat buy from either Glo-1 or MainOne in wholesale price and re-sell.)

Because of traffic at peak period,telcos need to either increase their network capacity(which requires sourcing for fx), drive traffic to off-peak periods when there is low capacity utilization, or increase data price in order not to continue to be at a loss.
Since they slashed down data price,they have been loosing at least 600 million naira monthly apart from Glo so the price is not realistic.
At the end something will have to suffer;quality or quantity

Where did you hear this from? That you sell recharge card in front of a Glo office does not make you a Glo staff. Stick to your recharge card business and don't comment on topics you have no knowledge on!

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 5:10am On Nov 30, 2016
bilal4riid:

They never said "increase". Change can be decrease
Oga how market?? Hope you have saved plenty money to purchase your own "decreased" data price. Una neva know anything sha. Hahahahhaa
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 30, 2016
Abuleoshi:

How market? Shebi your eye don clear now? You will pay more for Data from 1st December. You will learn not to be a doubting Thomas!

Well grin Na we all go enjoy am. It's gross wickedness. I don load for a month, I go join the tariff in January.
God grace
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 8:43am On Nov 30, 2016
davtosh:

Well grin Na we all go enjoy am. It's gross wickedness. I don load for a month, I go join the tariff in January.
God grace
Thank God for my life...am not one of you that will enjoy the new price. Staff data cover me!
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2016
Abuleoshi:

Thank God for my life...am not one of you that will enjoy the new price. Staff data cover me!

grin congrats bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kaduna GSM Village Launched By Governor El-Rufai (Photos) / Glo Reduces Data Volume / Funniest Tweets About Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp Since They Are Down (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.