Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Am I Too Introverted? Please Help - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Too Introverted? Please Help (15216 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Too Introverted / Am I Too Ugly Not Too Have A Girlfriend / Am I Too Choosy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Ginaz(f): 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
Handsomecutepie:

Waoh! Waoh! Thank God i am reading this cos I thought I am the only one In the whole world with this personality but thank God for sharing this with us. At least, I am now aware that I am not alone in this. You don't know how much burden you ve lifted off my shoulder by sharing your story here.

Waoh! Your story represents my life story. This is my life. This is my life and people around me don't really understand this personality... They think it's all pride. Honestly, I love my own company without anybody. I only have a friend.

I hate social gathering or activities with passion. I just like to be with myself...

My dear, people tend to take us like an outcast cos we live inside our head everyday. I feel out of place in a gathering and I find it very hard to express myself. Going out of my house is like war, I so much enjoy my company that when someone calls to tell me they want to visit me I lie or make excuses I'm not at home. Or if they come sef, I will be praying they go quickly.

They take advantage of it a lot, everybody knows I will be at home so all the errands are on my head. I just feel angry when my family doesn't understand I like being alone, I don't have to be in your gathering to have fun. I have fun in my head. They look me like I'm not mentally OK, which gets me very mad and more indoors. I didn't go to my cousins marriage, lol. I told them to leave me aloneeee.

I love my novels, my sleep, my space, my head. If I get married one day how do I cope?

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by iamphotoshoot(m): 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ginaz:

I don't judge and I have friends that go clubbing. I've never set my foot in the club cos I don't like it. Never did, I find it a waste of time but maybe in the future I will try it.

Clubbing is fun, unfortunately I won't know from experience.

Well, to be free from the shackles of introversion, you would need to try it often with some close friends.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by piousMind(m): 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ginaz:
Please o, I really need advise from y'all. I've always be misquoted and misunderstood cos of this. What should I do to lose up.?

I can identify with your unique situation Ginaz
Solitude is soothing but have social repercussions.

I believe being an extrovert can be learned

What should you do to lose up?

Force yourself to be curious, and interested in other people's affair by asking questions. At first it will feel very awkward but challenge yourself.

#MyOpinion
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by saxwizard(m): 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
oh tot its for guys alone, good am not alone. useful thread
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by groomed: 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ginaz:

I tend to please people at the expense of my comfort, it's true. But I'm stopping now, I'm being taken for granted on that.
Introverst love helping people to their own detriment. Just try and loosen up a bit. I used to be worse until I change. Now I can talk to anyone and walk up to anyone if I want but there are still traces of it.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Richiy(f): 12:52am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz,

Memories, experiences, interactions will be all we have to look back at a certain time of our lives. Live life like it's your last day. Don't go overboard, but loosen up.

Where do you stay? Let me help you have a fun weekend? I mean it.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by rich120: 12:56am On Nov 16, 2016
Are you tired of poverty and lack of adequate cash and resource to solve some common pressing problems of your life? Are you tired of searching for everyday for online program and online job that claims to pay you and they don’t? With just a One Time Investment of $20 (N6000) u can achieva a sum of N30000...this is real,hurry nw to register for international charity Organization which has launched a club where you only make a onetime donation of $20 (#6,000) after joining the club and you get $100 (# 30,000) back within 14 days...for mre info...drop ur nums if interested to b added in d whatsapp group....DONT LET DIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY PASS U BY!!!
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Ginaz(f): 1:04am On Nov 16, 2016
Richiy:
Ginaz,

Memories, experiences, interactions will be all we have to look back at a certain time of our lives. Live life like it's your last day. Don't go overboard, but loosen up.

Lol, are you sure you can take me out of my house? Without me panicking and crawling back inside?
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Ginaz(f): 1:06am On Nov 16, 2016
rich120:
Are you tired of poverty and lack of
adequate cash and resource to solve some
common pressing problems of your life? Are
you tired of searching for everyday for online
program and online job that claims to pay
you and they don’t? With just a One Time
Investment of $20 (N6000) u can achieva a
sum of N30000...this is real,hurry nw to
register for international charity Organization
which has launched a club where you only
make a onetime donation of $20 (#6,000)
after joining the club and you get $100 (#
30,000) back within 14 days...for mre
info...drop ur nums if interested to b added in
d whatsapp group....DONT LET DIS GOLDEN
OPPORTUNITY PASS U BY!!!

On my thread? What is money looking for here? angry
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by rich120: 1:22am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:

sori..i shuld av seeked ur permission...so sori bout dat
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Prodigee: 1:34am On Nov 16, 2016
When going out feels like the world will end...yeah, know that feeling. Your temprament is probably a mix of melancholy/sanguine(cos of you like to talk alot). Damn! Hate it when someones tells me "so you can talk like this". In my mind i'm like, "duh, cos im not a parrot, and i choose to talk, when i feel like talking". I believe we introverts are just wired differently, are deep thinkers, very intellingent and highly creative. So there's nothing to be changed in us, THEY should be the ones adjusting to us. cool
And oh! we do get MISUNDERSTOOD always.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 16, 2016
No be small famzing eh, I kept seeing "you're just like me", is that the solution?
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 16, 2016
Why must your existence be contingent upon your relations with other people?

If you don't feel comfortable in social gatherings, love to be alone, and isn't involved in a job that demand lots of public relations, then I don't see why you should be bothered about something as trifling as this.

We have Trappist monks who live a life of solitude and quietude, and who even go as far as using sign language to communicate with themselves so as to maintain the code of silence which serve as their guiding principle, yet their lives aren't any less fulfilling than ours.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Naughtytboy: 5:29am On Nov 16, 2016
Just find a job even if it 5k a month, u need people in life u can't be isolated no matter what, am also an introvert but I discovered am gonna go into music in the near future so I got myself a little job with which I meet people everyday and am getting used to it,,
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Naughtytboy: 5:32am On Nov 16, 2016
Richiy:
Ginaz,

u wanna Bleep her right? Coz I don't trust u
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by ba7man(m): 5:51am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:

Worst part is I don't know how to loose myself. right now as I'm typing, I'm excluded in the parlour while my aunties are in the dinning room all chatting. Being alone is like a drug to me.
Listening to people is a good way to start.

People respond to you better when you listen and you in turn understand what their conversation is about...... sometimes, the convo will grab your interest and you'll have something to contribute.

Eye contact shows point of interest and when a person speaking notices your eyes on him/ her ( Listening sha, not staring creepily ), they'll direct their conversation at you.

Or you could just smoke a fat blunt, get some pizza and soft drink, lock yourself in your room and watch a movie.......... don't forget alcohol to drown in.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by ba7man(m): 5:54am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:
Please o, I really need advise from y'all. I've always be misquoted and misunderstood cos of this. What should I do to lose up.?
Showing interest in people. You'll be suprised at how they'll respond to you. Some will still act up to get you angry though but it's life.

Get out of your head once in a while.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:

My dear, people tend to take us like an outcast cos we live inside our head everyday. I feel out of place in a gathering and I find it very hard to express myself. Going out of my house is like war, I so much enjoy my company that when someone calls to tell me they want to visit me I lie or make excuses I'm not at home. Or if they come sef, I will be praying they go quickly.

They take advantage of it a lot, everybody knows I will be at home so all the errands are on my head. I just feel angry when my family doesn't understand I like being alone, I don't have to be in your gathering to have fun. I have fun in my head. They look me like I'm not mentally OK, which gets me very mad and more indoors. I didn't go to my cousins marriage, lol. I told them to leave me aloneeee.

I love my novels, my sleep, my space, my head. If I get married one day how do I cope?
Oya PM me, letz do smtyn abt it
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Richiy(f): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2016
Naughtytboy:
u wanna Bleep her right? Coz I don't trust u

What is your own na? Dem send you? How will l want to bleep a sister?
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Richiy(f): 7:37am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:

Lol, are you sure you can take me out of my house? Without me panicking and crawling back inside?

Yes, you will like it wink

Some friends of mine are gathering and we gonna have fun this weekend. Pure fun o. No hanky panky. We are good girls.

I will personally be there for you so you don't feel overwhelmed
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by patholaw: 8:08am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz u really need to loosen up a little. . . . mind if i ask ur location?
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 16, 2016
Basically, people will conclude you're anti - social but you didn't create yourself - God did. Kindly learn to be yourself by focusing on your inner strength, whilst working on any weakness you feel you might have.

I was able to overcome timidity over the years as l'm introverted. I pray God will bless you with the bone of your bone in due course, who will appreciate your uniqueness. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Naughtytboy: 9:06am On Nov 16, 2016
Richiy:

What is your own na? Dem send you? How will l want to bleep a sister?
sisters have been cumcubilising sisters for long,, Chidinma a case study

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by jeffery251(m): 9:14am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:
I don't know the right section to post this but I really need to know cos I'm tired already so forgive me.

I'm in my early twenties, I'm the kind of girl that just love being alone with herself. I don't go clubbing, don't go to parties( except I don't have a choice and I'm being forced by my mother, marriage tinx)

I have few friends, just 4 I share deep emotional matters with. I'm always alone when at home, in fact I get excited about it.

I have never visited anyone this year, except on 2 occasions. Only 2 have visited me also, I close from work straight home and sleep, read novels or watch movie.

I like social stuff but too much of it kills me, makes me shy and tired. Now I'm at my aunt's house, I've been inside my room since Saturday, I only come out to do house chores. This is my personality but I feel people don't understand.

My aunt just had a talk with me right now that I keep myself from people, and it's getting me mad cos I didn't think it that way.

Nairalanders, please am I too introverted or what? Is there something I'm missing? Please.
@op
No my dear,u are more of an ogbanje.U have their characteristics such as always wanting to stay alone so dat uour spirit members can come to you for their meetings.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:

I never had any experience, let's say but my dad. I had a very bad vibe with him. I just wanted to know if maybe it's too much. I hate public places, and won't want to go except I am with someone I know very well. I'm confused what I really am, I don't want people hanging round me and don't want to hang round them either. I am not scared of being alone, I wonder if I'm alright mentally or its Part of me.
start going out. Start visiting friends. Once you have nothing doing at home, do not be found at home. Me sef i stay at home most of the time but i have my reasons. Introverts dont talk a lot nd dat what i hate about them including myself. I like people dat talk ehn nd i know most people do. Nobody wants to marry a woman who cant keep conversations going. Remember, communication is important in any marriage
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Acermoon(m): 9:25am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:

Let me start by telling you are very ok, people are not created to have the same nature, That is your nature embrace it.... You complain of people taking advantage of u in real life, believe it will happen on nairaland too if u follow anyhow advice....

Ur solitude maybe ur security by nature, u may not have luck in going clubbing u might be rape in ur first attempt or smtin disastrous might happen... Don't fight ur nature cos it's above u...... u are very ok naturally...

Maybe u don't knw the advantages of ur nature, u only worry abt the disadvantages people talk...

Ladies with ur nature are great wife material and they make great mother, becos they spend more time with dia family than gossipin around like other gals do...

Ladies with ur nature love simplicity of lifestyle... and they are loyal as wife or friend... Becos makin new friends is not easy for them...

There are many great things abt u... that u urself don't knw.... I knw them becos am dating a gal with ya nature and walhy she's the best of the gals av dated.. I understand her sooo much now and in'sha Allah we gonna marry...

U just need a guy that understand u to unlock u.... ur type are funny and fun to be with but indoor ooo....

Am introverted too... but for business sake av adjusted to ambivert.... I relate with people very well and smooth wen it come to bizness some even complain I talk much, that's bizness life, but wen it come to my social life am selective... u can copy my style and adjust also....

Don't see urself as antisocial... u are just selectively social... keep it up...

I will just advice u to keep urself busy... go to ur tailorin, or computer schl or catering schl... is not to make friends but just to meet people...
On people complainin abt u, make adjustment wea u think u can adjust and liv Wats above ur control... let them judge u, just knw urself...

Am sure u are familiar with the expressions gal are much but the wife materials are few...

The reason why they are few is becos they are selectively social u don't see them wandering around aimlessly like other gals that will just dress and make-up and be walkin around for show off...

U are very okay.... and we can be friensip grin cool

7 Likes

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Acermoon(m): 9:27am On Nov 16, 2016
Every introvert is a talkative when the environment and the mood is right....

For the sake of ur job... let some act of extroverts....

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Vizzim: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2016
Oooh baby. Nothing is wrong with you. Just get more than few friends that makes ur day fun and try get a nice guy also who understand ur type of person. Then make life interesting for your self. My baby is just like you but well i manage the situation.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by firstking01(m): 10:15am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:

No, you never understood her. Just shift.
See this oneundecided…you'd be wasting a whole lot of your time trying to understand a girl, and worst of it all, an introvert for that matter...you guys are too stiff and unbending coupled with borinessundecided
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by firstking01(m): 10:17am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:

No, you never understood her. Just shift.
See this oneundecided…you'd be wasting a whole lot of your time trying to understand a girl, and worst of it all, an introvert for that matter...you guys are too stiff and unbending coupled with borinessundecided...
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Akposb(m): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz, somebody suggested family session and he is right. There is a thread for introverts there and you are sure to get multitude of possible suggestions there. I was once like this.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by chigoizie7(m): 11:43am On Nov 16, 2016
Ginaz:
I don't know the right section to post this but I really need to know cos I'm tired already so forgive me.

I'm in my early twenties, I'm the kind of girl that just love being alone with herself. I don't go clubbing, don't go to parties( except I don't have a choice and I'm being forced by my mother, marriage tinx)

I have few friends, just 4 I share deep emotional matters with. I'm always alone when at home, in fact I get excited about it.

I have never visited anyone this year, except on 2 occasions. Only 2 have visited me also, I close from work straight home and sleep, read novels or watch movie.

I like social stuff but too much of it kills me, makes me shy and tired. Now I'm at my aunt's house, I've been inside my room since Saturday, I only come out to do house chores. This is my personality but I feel people don't understand.

My aunt just had a talk with me right now that I keep myself from people, and it's getting me mad cos I didn't think it that way.

Nairalanders, please am I too introverted or what? Is there something I'm missing? Please.

U are perfectly OK sweetheart, welcome to the club

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When You Can't Have What You Want, You Do This [Picture] / A Cute Ghanian Model Goes Nude For Camera (pics) / Why Being An Adult Virgin Is Embarrassing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.