Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:19 PM

Am I Too Introverted? Please Help - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Too Introverted? Please Help (15154 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Too Introverted / Am I Too Ugly Not Too Have A Girlfriend / Am I Too Choosy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Fadman4real(m): 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ginaz:
I don't know the right section to post this but I really need to know cos I'm tired already so forgive me.

I'm in my early twenties, I'm the kind of girl that just love being alone with herself. I don't go clubbing, don't go to parties( except I don't have a choice and I'm being forced by my mother, marriage tinx)

I have few friends, just 4 I share deep emotional matters with. I'm always alone when at home, in fact I get excited about it.

I have never visited anyone this year, except on 2 occasions. Only 2 have visited me also, I close from work straight home and sleep, read novels or watch movie.

I like social stuff but too much of it kills me, makes me shy and tired. Now I'm at my aunt's house, I've been inside my room since Saturday, I only come out to do house chores. This is my personality but I feel people don't understand.

My aunt just had a talk with me right now that I keep myself from people, and it's getting me mad cos I didn't think it that way.

Nairalanders, please am I too introverted or what? Is there something I'm missing? Please.

I think your case is worse Dan mine. I don't even know aw to chat about with strangers talkless of talking with them. It is crazy, I had been following this topic since it was created but never had d urge to say anything cause I don't know anyone in this faceless forum. cry
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by davidif: 3:36am On Jan 13, 2017
Ginaz:
I don't know the right section to post this but I really need to know cos I'm tired already so forgive me.

I'm in my early twenties, I'm the kind of girl that just love being alone with herself. I don't go clubbing, don't go to parties( except I don't have a choice and I'm being forced by my mother, marriage tinx)

I have few friends, just 4 I share deep emotional matters with. I'm always alone when at home, in fact I get excited about it.

I have never visited anyone this year, except on 2 occasions. Only 2 have visited me also, I close from work straight home and sleep, read novels or watch movie.

I like social stuff but too much of it kills me, makes me shy and tired. Now I'm at my aunt's house, I've been inside my room since Saturday, I only come out to do house chores. This is my personality but I feel people don't understand.

My aunt just had a talk with me right now that I keep myself from people, and it's getting me mad cos I didn't think it that way.

Nairalanders, please am I too introverted or what? Is there something I'm missing? Please.

You need to buy the book "How to make friends and win over people" by Dale Carnegie it is one of the most important book written the last century and read it carefully.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0671027034&pd_rd_r=31NTY752437HEF5Y4J1J&pd_rd_w=T41P7&pd_rd_wg=nk3ky&psc=1&refRID=31NTY752437HEF5Y4J1J
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by ephi123(f): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2017
@Ginaz
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. Don't let your aunt or anyone make you think there is. You are simply an intovert like so many others are. Don't let anyone try to change you into who you are naturally not. Of course, there is a time for interacting with others but that should be by choice and not under duress.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by waluga(m): 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
i think thats one thing so common about NLers
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by waluga(m): 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ginaz:

I'm very quiet to some extent, people take advantage of it a lot. I don't know how to make them understand this is how I am.
i think i have this same issue...and couple with the fact that i have this kind stone cold/IDC look but go lone on my own and people think am maniac or crazy...but middle finger to that....babe live ur life
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Kristus(m): 1:11am On Jan 24, 2017
Ginaz:

I'm very friendly, people always say I have a pure heart. Just that I prefer being alone to myself if I could. I like entertainments, fun, and everything that makes a human feel good. My body just shuts it out though it loves it. My friends have to beg me to leave the house sometimes, it's that bad.

Whenever I plan to go out I panic, visiting someone I panic also. Only person I can go out with is my very good male friend, apart from him I stay indoors 24/7. Once I make friendship with someone they always wants more from me which automatically makes me more introverted especially if the said person is too loud and likes outing a lot. I prefer a quiet place, nice small fun with just very few crowd. I can talk eh, I talk a lot lol. That's why people wonder really I can talk.
I finally found my female version. Though sometimes I'm the craziest extrovert to myself. I'm funny and crazy and creative and fun, but just around really very close friends. I love my personal space, I don't like being in a crowded place( Party or whatever) without familiar faces. People who aren't close to me don't here me talk and those very few who know me think I'm a clown. Every other thing about O.p is me........ Except the gender.
PS: introverts are not always boring. They can be very interesting in most cases, we don't just like drawing public attention cos we can't always handle looking back into all the eyes that fall on us.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Lupechance: 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
Ginaz:

My dear, people tend to take us like an outcast cos we live inside our head everyday. I feel out of place in a gathering and I find it very hard to express myself. Going out of my house is like war, I so much enjoy my company that when someone calls to tell me they want to visit me I lie or make excuses I'm not at home. Or if they come sef, I will be praying they go quickly.

They take advantage of it a lot, everybody knows I will be at home so all the errands are on my head. I just feel angry when my family doesn't understand I like being alone, I don't have to be in your gathering to have fun. I have fun in my head. They look me like I'm not mentally OK, which gets me very mad and more indoors. I didn't go to my cousins marriage, lol. I told them to leave me aloneeee.

I love my novels, my sleep, my space, my head. If I get married one day how do I cope?

The entire first paragraph is exactly me.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Ahdunns(m): 10:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ginaz:

I'm very quiet to some extent, people take advantage of it a lot. I don't know how to make them understand this is how I am.
yea u so correck same here! i here bullshit all day. i blame ma self and others. but i guess God has the upper hand
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Trishiana(f): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
Am also in your shoes, am really shy to even meet up with people so I remain indoors, sometimes I get angry at myself but what can I do.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
MackBrooklyn:

cheesy grin

Ginaz, lemme be frank with you. I sincerely understand the dilemma you're in but shît is just that this is what social media is turning us into nowadays. But if you really need solution or a probably a serious advice to your dilemma and you're seeking it here on romance section, I'm sorry to say this but you're on a long thing cos most of the people you see here including myself are the same like you but they haven't realize that yet or probably there is no one that has call their attention to it like yourself.

If you seriously need efficient and perfect solution to your dilemma, I would advice you to copy and past this your post to the family section. I'm sure you'll get even excess advice in there. You can also cc: lalasticlal* too cool

My 2 Cents cool

You are very silly. Why would you use a strange colour, italics, and small font size in the same text??
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by alfajet(m): 7:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ginaz:

I bet you were born from 22august to 22september(virgo), cos you are not alone, thats our zodiac trait, but you can overcome it just like me cool
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by alfajet(m): 8:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ginaz:

I'm very friendly, people always say I have a pure heart. Just that I prefer being alone to myself if I could. I like entertainments, fun, and everything that makes a human feel good. My body just shuts it out though it loves it. My friends have to beg me to leave the house sometimes, it's that bad.

Whenever I plan to go out I panic, visiting someone I panic also. Only person I can go out with is my very good male friend, apart from him I stay indoors 24/7. Once I make friendship with someone they always wants more from me which automatically makes me more introverted especially if the said person is too loud and likes outing a lot. I prefer a quiet place, nice small fun with just very few crowd. I can talk eh, I talk a lot lol. That's why people wonder really I can talk.

You are even lucky that you like talking compared to some introverts like me. But now i am very social, and makes friends easily. If i can changed, then you will do better.
start with your family members. try talking for a longer period with family members and at the same time try to resist the urge to go and recharge wink(staying alone). Try to extend the time you spend with family members. From there, you can graduate to family friends etc. Also reduce your time on social media
All i have to conclude is practice makes perfect, a journey of 1000miles starts with a single step, gradually you will surprise yourself.
Good luck.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by oilcity(m): 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pple Judge by wat they see, so, aldoe u r ok u av to try and make some adjustments. U can begin to try and socialize doh moderately because dis attitude of yours can cost u alot because pple will always misinterpret ur attitude.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by deafeyez: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
You're just like me. I dont keep too many friends either. If you make no meaning to me then just **** off.

And do u like d person u are becoming.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by febo15(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ginaz:

On my thread? What is money looking for here? angry
u funny grin grin
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by deafeyez: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ginaz:

Worst part is I don't know how to loose myself. right now as I'm typing, I'm excluded in the parlour while my aunties are in the dinning room all chatting. Being alone is like a drug to me.

Don't tell me your contributions doesn't make sense and you don't want to talk into their discussions.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Ginaz(f): 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2017
deafeyez:

Don't tell me your contributions doesn't make sense and you don't want to talk into their discussions.

Is not about my contribution sometimes, they won't listen to me. They always feel they know what they wanna know about me judging from my character and all that. So I don't like saying much anyway, they gonna assume so I let them.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Ginaz(f): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
alfajet:

You are even lucky that you like talking compared to some introverts like me. But now i am very social, and makes friends easily. If i can changed, then you will do better.
start with your family members. try talking for a longer period with family members and at the same time try to resist the urge to go and recharge wink(staying alone). Try to extend the time you spend with family members. From there, you can graduate to family friends etc. Also reduce your time on social media
All i have to conclude is practice makes perfect, a journey of 1000miles starts with a single step, gradually you will surprise yourself.
Good luck.

I'm not a social media freak, I'm strictly only on whatsapp. I have only one pix on my Facebook wall. Anyway thanks for your advise.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Windflower(f): 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=Ginaz post=51059229]I don't know the right section to post this but I really need to know cos I'm tired already so forgive me.

Nairalanders, please am I too introverted or what? Is there something I'm missing? Please. [/quo
Its like you have just described me,could remember while I was in the university,a coursemate called me and asked why am so reserved. I can be a talkative when need arises,but I just like being alone and not having to deal with the madness of some people. My work is a part time job,so I don't out everyday, I can be home for a week and I won't even step outside. This whole thing is beginning to scare me,I am 24 already, how would I meet Mr Right if I don't go out.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by cgniyi(m): 1:39am On Aug 25, 2017
Nothing you've described is strange and a lot of introverts can relate with all you've posted, and seems we plenty for here wink

I've never been the social type too, though over the years I've learnt to be more comfortable at gatherings.

The funny thing is,now , I can be in my room all day and not feel the need to come out. Next day, I'm out hanging out with friends all night till the following morning and they are tired and ready to go home, but I still feel like staying out.

Then there are times I go out and be by myself at a public space. I actually just went to a bar yesterday to watch a match by myself. I was trying to tell a friend about the match this evening, and he told me he finds it weird how I occasionally just step out the house to go watch football and not involve anyone. I do the same thing at the beach or the cinema

All I can tell you, there's nothing wrong with you, but you need to just need to put yourself out there sometimes just so you have some really exciting life moments cos trust me , I know, introverts tend not to have any exciting personal experience to talk about.

All you know for now, you read, watched or heard.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by koolengrtimmy(m): 5:06am On Aug 25, 2017
Trishiana:
Am also in your shoes, am really shy to even meet up with people so I remain indoors, sometimes I get angry at myself but what can I do.

You need to let out the fears and start a conversation in a faceless forum to build your confidence.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Lewaluv(f): 5:12am On Aug 25, 2017
Try to push yourself everyday to do something out of character sp that you dont lose yourself in being too introverted. I am very introverted and i do this to balance myself.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by koolengrtimmy(m): 5:31am On Aug 25, 2017
Having read thoroughly this thread, certainly we all cannot be the same. My only advice for you introverts is to build your confidence in a forum like this by engaging in responses to topics been displayed on NL that interests you. Life is too short not to be enjoyed.
At some point when I was getting too reserved , I searched for some of my primary and secondary school mates whom we can really talk and bring those old memories and that sparked me up again.
There is no place I can start a conversation with someone even in a bus, Do not be SHY to even admire people you dont know. At times I admire people style of dressing in a polite way. You all just need to start connecting because this is a country where your fate depends on whom you know.
Gradually you will need to work it out yourself, for ladies how about watching sports or even engaging in one . If you are close to the university of Lagos you can come check the sport complex and register for tennis and co. Lastly find an avenue to enjoy your life to the fullest in your own modest way.
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by koolengrtimmy(m): 5:36am On Aug 25, 2017
Lewaluv:
Try to push yourself everyday to do something out of character sp that you dont lose yourself in being too introverted. I am very introverted and i do this to balance myself.

If i may ask ,Can you share few things you do to balance up yourself?
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by koolengrtimmy(m): 5:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Fadman4real:

I think your case is worse Dan mine. I don't even know aw to chat about with strangers talkless of talking with them. It is crazy, I had been following this topic since it was created but never had d urge to say anything cause I don't know anyone in this faceless forum. cry

Do you like sports? Do you watch live games though could be boring at times but you need to start responding to conversation and making meaningful comments on topics on NL express yourself how brief you can.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Lewaluv(f): 6:02am On Aug 25, 2017
I will strike up a conversation with a stranger when i particularly dont want to.
Instead of texting i video call. I try to draw attention to myself even though I haTE it!
koolengrtimmy:

If i may ask ,Can you share few things you do to balance up yourself?
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by koolengrtimmy(m): 6:09am On Aug 25, 2017
Video calls on a first conversation or after a sparkling connection?
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by koolengrtimmy(m): 6:11am On Aug 25, 2017
Lewaluv:
I will strike up a conversation with a stranger when i particularly dont want to.
Instead of texting i video call. I try to draw attention to myself even though I haTE it!

Video call on a first conversation or after a sparkling connection?
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Lewaluv(f): 6:12am On Aug 25, 2017
For those of us who feel the panic feeling or the anxiety come before we leave d house, visit mates, talk in public etc..must remember that it is an ongoing battle. We must always keep a little push in our lives so these tasks are not so hard for us.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Lewaluv(f): 6:13am On Aug 25, 2017
Doesnt matter. The more daring d better.
koolengrtimmy:

Video call on a first conversation or after a sparkling connection?

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by koolengrtimmy(m): 6:15am On Aug 25, 2017
Lewaluv:
Doesnt matter. The more daring d better.
This is interesting
Re: Am I Too Introverted? Please Help by Windflower(f): 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ginaz:

Its really hurts especially when your own family doesn't understand you.I couldn't help but come back to read your post,because everything you have written is just like ure describing me. Today was the last straw,Its like I should just go somewhere else and be alone. Anyways, Is there any changes,did you take to the advice here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Advises Ladies After Seeing What A Lady Wore To Bank In Lagos. Photo / What Is A Blood Covenant / Popular Lies Ladies Tell Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.