Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Youruba Cooking Lessons In London - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Youruba Cooking Lessons In London (1487 Views)

Universal Educational-private & Home Lessons / Tutoring/ Teaching/ Lessons: Maths - Sat, Act, Gre, Gmat, Mathematics, Calculus, / Cheap Education In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youruba Cooking Lessons In London by udeychop: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2009
Hi,

I am a non-Nigerian dating a Yoruba man and he has asked me to go to Nigeria to meet his family which can only be a good sign.  I have learnt how to cook a number of Yourba dishes, and he has commended me but need to learn more (as they say the way to a man's heart is his stomach!)  He doesn’t mind so much now that my Nigerian culinary skills are limited but I would want to learn how to cook more of his food. Does anyone know anywhere in London that does Yourba cooking classes or anyone that can teach me?

Many thanks
Re: Youruba Cooking Lessons In London by KennyG6(m): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2009
perhaps a week at one of the several nigerian eateries might be the best way for you to learn as i doubt if there is any structured classes for nigerian dishes about. But then i might be wrong, but if you can find a Restaurateur who is willing to show you the ropes then i'd advice you to go for it.
PS i wont be too bugged down about trying to impress you man with nigerian dishes, some nigerian born and bred women cannot cook to save their lives, am sure the parents would understand.
Re: Youruba Cooking Lessons In London by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2009
Uhnn  grin cheesy grin cheesy  Great business idea for me o!

I can teach you how to make Yoruba dishes ( 6 dishes in all)

3 yoruba soups of your choice e.g egusi, ogbono, vegetable soup etc

2 stew dishes: Tomato Stew/Sauce with chicken, meat, fresh fish stew etc and stew for ofada rice ( the very hot stew used for eating white rice).

Jollof rice or how to make eba ETC

extra: How to fry plantain! !free of charge  grin grin grin and you also get a free recipe manual containing all you have learnt for refferal!!

If you have learnt all or any of the above, tell me what you actually want to learn to cook E.g Yam and fried egg the way yoruba men like it, cooking beans etc

Course days: Saturday and Sunday ( 2 days) 11am till whenever
Location: Provided by you or if you don't mind coming over to my place
Ingredients will be supplied by you ( I would give you a list though after we agree on the choice of dishes or better still I could do the shopping ( but paid by you)
Fee: You'll pay me an agreed fee including my cost of transportation to the location ( except you use my place ofcos)

If you are interested send me an email on justmagnets@gmail.com
I will reply with my number and we can discuss. I live in Essex

This is an advertisement for all other women willing to learn  grin grin

CIAO
Re: Youruba Cooking Lessons In London by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2009
One more thing, you get to keep all the food!!
Re: Youruba Cooking Lessons In London by tpiander: 6:15am On Jul 04, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Lean Six Sigma Training In Lagos, Abuja And Portharcourt / Admission To Study In Ukraine(whatsapp+380688378143) / Download All Secondary School Textbooks In PDF And Word Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.