Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming (12937 Views)

8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming / I Was Rejected At Many Music Reality Shows – Ogoor / "I Was Rejected At Many Music Reality Shows" – Ogoor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by janzguy: 8:46am On Nov 16, 2016
Today the Nigerian music scene is saturated by too many upcoming artistes, some of them with good and quality songs, yet they are still upcoming artistes and you are forced to wonder why they have remained up coming artistes. It is true that success comes from God alone, but the inevitable fact remains that sometimes the reason why our success or breakthrough is not forthcoming is as a result of our faults and could be attributed to our mistakes and inefficiencies.

Here are eight (cool reasons why most music artistes remain upcoming.

1. Imaginary Record Labels:-
This is one factor that can hamper the tendencies of an upcoming artiste to break into the larger music industry. Often times you see upcoming artistes flaunting record labels which in the real life do not exist. This goes along way in scaring potential record label owners and managers away from you, as they feel you already belong to a record label and might be binded by a contract, whereas you don't belong anywhere, the record label you are flaunting is only a name you coined so as to make yourself look like a professional artiste.

2.Vulgar Lyrics:-
Not everyone has the luck of Lil Kesh, Olamide et al. Don't build your music on vulgar lyrics. Learn to start-up with lyrics that are meaningful and people can relate with.

3. No Definite Genre Of Music:-
Today you are singing RnB, tomorrow its Hip Hop. Bros you are not a choir master, please pick one already. Yes we know that too many Nigerian A-List artistes don't have a particular genre, too many of them sing as the 'spirit' leads. But then as an upcoming artistes you need to define your kind of music cos that is how and what people would identify you with.

4. Show Off 'Invisible' Wealth:-
Don't be busy showing off wealth when in real life you can't afford to shoot a standard music video, when you even have to borrow money for your studio sessions. With your excessive display of wealth potential record labels might find you difficult woo, as they already have the impression that you live in affluence and might be expensive for them to manage. We know showing off 'invisible' wealth is part of the 'profession' but as an upcoming artiste learn to minimise it, at least till that time when you don hammer small.

5 Pride:-
Hmm! This is one word that is synonymous to entertainers. As an upcoming artistes learn to keep your head down. Respect whoever you come across for you don't know who would be instrumental in aiding your music career.

6. Turning Down Shows Indiscriminately:-
For christ sake! At this stage in your musical career you need to perform at all the available shows, events and parties you can. You need to project yourself as much as you can regardless of how unimportant you think the show might be, if you can perform please do. As an upcoming artiste, you need adequate exposure and the best way to get it is by performing at shows. Listen to the testimonies of music stars and you would realise that in their upcoming days they had to perform at shows, sometimes for free.

7. High Performance Fee:-
Yes it is nice to attach a price tag, but make it a reasonable one. Imagine where an upcoming artiste charges you an exorbitant price just to perform at your event! Haba! When you no be Wizkid! Learn to make your price reasonable and affordable.

8. Poor Music Promotion:-
This is another factor that hampers the success of upcoming artistes. It an indisputable fact that you must use money to make more money. As an upcoming artiste you need to be ready to invest in promoting your song. Don't limit your song to your immediate environment alone. Strive to spread your song outside your immediate environment. If it means paying to promote your song, please do it, at the long run you will definitely reap the fruit of your labour.
9. Please add yours

Written by: Divin3Luv of D.U.Blog

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 16, 2016
Very well said bruh..

Some niggas go borrow every thing..from chains to shirts to shoes just to shoot a music video! why not produce a great sound/song that will shoot u into the limelight then money won't be much of a problem then..

my 2 cents

13 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2016
fake life style is so common among them

8 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Paulscholari(m): 9:53am On Nov 16, 2016
This is a great piece.. Love to share it on my blog.. OP am permitted na Kokobase..com

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by janzguy: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2016
Paulscholari:
This is a great piece.. Love to share it on my blog.. OP am permitted na
Kokobase..com
yes you are free, but please cite the original writer

4 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by 2dice01: 10:21am On Nov 16, 2016
lalasticlala food don done
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by MackBrooklyn: 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
4. Show Off 'Invisible' Wealth:-
Don't be busy showing off wealth when in real life you can't afford to shoot a standard music video, when you even have to borrow money for your studio sessions. With your excessive display of wealth potential record labels might find you difficult woo, as they already have the impression that you live in affluence and might be expensive for them to manage. We know showing off 'invisible' wealth is part of the 'profession' but as an upcoming artiste learn to minimise it, at least till that time when you don hammer small.

cheesy grin

[size=20pt]cc: Airforce1 cool [/size]

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Jodforex(m): 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
undecided
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
We have one good example here. A perpetual upcoming artiste on nairaland. He is childish nairalander usually found in the romance section.
I no mention name ooooooooooooo. lipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Hit like if you are thinking what I am thinking. grin grin

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by beautiful232(f): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
wow....100%
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
Media label grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by jingh(f): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
gj
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by BrutalJab: 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
The point is that They have no talent.

8 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by freezyprinzy(m): 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
sme1 comes in mind

if I say air u say force another man say 1 na u sabi

30 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by faruz: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
grin
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Srallens(m): 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
janzguy:
yes you are free, but please cite the original writer
. Not a good stuff to share. Reason is because examples of artists that fall under such categories he mentioned aren't mentioned. It'll have been better with names of artists stated
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by NevetsIbot(m): 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
alexistaiwo:
We have one good example here. A perpetual upcoming artiste on nairaland. He is childish nairalander usually found in the romance section.
I no mention name ooooooooooooo.
Airforce1 That yeye boy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by starboyflight(m): 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
Pray and work hard. Don't put all your energy just into music because you are passionate about it. Channel the greater part into making money too

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by MedicalSamwise(m): 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
V
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by pocohantas(f): 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
Examples
1)Jaywon
2)DammyKrane
3)Selebobo
4)YQ
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by ItzHoludex(m): 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
that nairaland bros .....I reserve my comment cool
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Airforce1 That yeye boy
lipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by az94(m): 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
Bushmeat caught in my estate

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by deenvibe(m): 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
alexistaiwo:
I no mention name ooooooooooooo. lipsrsealedlipsrsealed
do u mean airforce1 the fuckboy

9 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by deenvibe(m): 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
pocohantas:
Examples 1)Jaywon 2)DammyKrane 3)Selebobo 4)YQ
5)Airforce1

8 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by akinlaso(m): 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2016
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Peterpanny: 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
Nonsense
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Cunninlinguist: 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
Wetin airforce one do una? cheesy

10 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
deenvibe:
do u mean airforce1 the fuckboy
lipsrsealedlipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by loobby(m): 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
Op Nice one...... You forgot to add Serious Networking.... You must Network and Market yourself, and that is of course after tidying up your own end of making yourself a brand..... But no, them no go hear.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Of Bleaching Cream: Complete Transformation Of Vera Sidika (photos) / Bstan Group Gives Land, Gifts To Couples At Shortcut's Valentine Show (Photos) / I Didnt Marry Out Of Pity - Joseph Benjamin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.