Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com (63338 Views)

The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria / Coldest States In Nigeria / 10 States In Nigeria Where Pidgin-English Is Most Spoken (written In Pidgin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lekkie073(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
post=51084968:

I can see you've not cross River-Niger before, Major cities in Anambra Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi, Onitsha metroplitan comprises of Onitsha, Oba, Nkpor, Obosi, Nkwelle, Opoko, Ogbaru, Nzugbe, Ogidi and Ogunike, Awka sub towns Amaobia, Umuokpu, Enugu Ukwu, Abagana, Nnewi sub town Nneobi, Awka Etiti Ozubulu, emerging cities Ekwulobia/Oko, and Iheala

PICS This is Oba one of the towns in Idemili south LGA
awka etiti where i served?

Awka etiti is a village mr man. Stop saying rubbish. From awka etiti if i wan use atm i dey reach nkpor or nnewi passing thru nnobi.

For ur info i served in awka etiti girls secondary school. So u should know not to argue with me or else i go expose dat shithole called anambra....
Amawbia na village....enugwu ukwu na village.....abagana where we have ukpo village is a consortium of different villages.....or is it not d same abagana in dunukofia lga? Where arthur eze resides.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by scholes0(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Afonja seriously having nightmares over Anambra Imagine comparing their Brown roof cities to Anambra

I Ibadan Oyo state

2 Abeokuta , Ogun state grin grin grin grin

Welcme to Aba Ngwa.
Biggest City in Igbo land cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by zizytd(m): 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
post=51084968:

I can see you've not cross River-Niger before, Major cities in Anambra Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi, Onitsha metroplitan comprises of Onitsha, Oba, Nkpor, Obosi, Nkwelle, Opoko, Ogbaru, Nzugbe, Ogidi and Ogunike, Awka sub towns Amaobia, Umuokpu, Enugu Ukwu, Abagana, Nnewi sub town Nneobi, Awka Etiti Ozubulu, emerging cities Ekwulobia/Oko, and Iheala

PICS This is Oba one of the towns in Idemili south LGA

Not because a town is beautiful and has fine houses doesn't mean it is urban, am from osumenyi in Nnewi south, my places have big structures as houses, with good roads bt I can't call it an urban town.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by scholes0(m): 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
wristbangle:

Yeah omoku is trying but we can't brush away bonny island, Onne and few others. To be honest PHC has really taken the wide margin dev of River state.

U are right about ogun state statistics.

About Osun, I feel they have more of developed towns not city per say except osogbo and Ile-ife. Ilesa, modakeke, Ila, owu, ede are towns.

Bonny Island is NOT a city bros. It is just a small settlement with an expatriate camp.
Think of it well, Only PH and Omoku are cities in rivers.
Well sha. I believe we are on the same page with just slightly different ideas.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lekkie073(m): 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
zizytd:

Not because a town is beautiful and has fine houses doesn't mean it is urban, am from osumenyi in Nnewi south, my places have big structures as houses, with good roads bt I can't call it an urban town.
God bless u for saying the truth. Its like someone saying ezinefitie is an urban area. Even oba in idemili south is not an urban area.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by IgboBuOfu: 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
lekkie073:
only three places are urbanized in anambra....awka onitsha and nnewi.

All other places are villages. As at 2008 a whole idemili south local govt doesnt have a single atm not to talk of bank.

LOL, just showing your ignorance. Anambra Cities is divided into 4 metropolitan areas

Awka - Awka, Amansi, Nise, Amawbia, Abagana ...
Onitsha - Onitsha, Obosi, Nkwelle,Nkpor, Ogidi, Ogbunike ...
Nnewi - Otolo, Uruagu, Umudim, Nnewichi, Ichi, Ihiala, Oba ...
Aguata - Oko, Ekwulubia, Isuofia, Umuchu, Uga ...

I intentially ignored Umunze because I am not quite convinced it is qualified to be called a metropolitan city but it falls under the category of city. What your likes don't understand is whenever you hear Onitsha, it includes Main market area (Onitsha) 3-3 Housing Estate (Nkwelle), New Parts, Nkpor Junction Mgbuka (Nkpor), Building Material Market [Biggest building material market in West Africa], Bakery market (Ogidi and Ogbunike), Toll Gate, Plastic Market, Plywood Market (Ogbunike). I can go on with the 'unending' list.

Seriously, saying that Awka, Onistha and Nnewi is the only urban areas in Anambra State exposes your ignorance on the State. Maybe you always pass through the state while travelling.

Banks in Idemili South -
https://yellowpages.cybo.com/NG/oba-anambra/banks/

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by wristbangle: 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
scholes0:

Bonny Island is NOT a city bros. It is just a small settlement with an expatriate camp.
Think of it well, Only PH and Omoku are cities in rivers.
Well sha. I believe we are on the same page with just slightly different ideas.

Oh really? to be honest I have not been to that island, though visited Onne. I think u are right then. Yeah we are on same page cool
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by zizytd(m): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
U know ezinifite in nnewi south, my mum is from there. The problem we have in the east is that we like to make noise. Apart from Nnewi, Awka and Onitsha , those other cities are hard to live in if you grew up in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by YourNemesis: 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
omofunaab:
Lol, anambra is before ogun and oyo state.

Most people underrate oyo state.

Oyo state was the capital of old western region,
It has many industrial estates.
Ibadan is a commercial city, many don't know that

Ibadan was the largest city in west Africa.

Oyo people don't usually shout.

Ogun has cities. Ijebu ode, sagamu, ifo, sango
Ogun has the highest number industries in Nigeria, it is closer to the Benin border which makes it thrives economically

Ogun has the highest number of public tertiary institutions and private tertiary institutions.

Ogun alone has four international stadia, otunba Dipo Dina international stadium, ijebu ode, sagamu international stadium, ilaro international stadium, and Mko Abiola international stadiums.

Ogun has olokola free trade zone in collaboration with ondo state.
Ogun has numerous industrial estates in mowe, ibafo, agbara, Ota etc..
The concentration of industries in many towns has changed most of these places to urban areas.
Abeokuta has one of the best roads in the country apart from the few federal roads

I don't know what your definition of urban means again

Modified :
Most of you saying tha the industrial estates in ogun State are just extensions of Lagos state and it has no effect on host communities. I will advise such people to go back and read their secondary school economics textbooks.. Read factors that determines location of industries, benefit of the industries to the host communities ...stop being ignorant please.
Nobody will cite an industry in areas without good roads and there's no place that won't benefit from having an industry cited or where infrastructures are provided.

If a road was rehabilitated to modern standards in your community, then the value of of your property will definitely increase. Many of these people have never been to ijebu ode, sagamu, sango, Ota, agbara before.. So in their myopic mind they just conclude that industries in ogun State are only located in the bush and it has no effect on the host community.
What brings about urbanization is the population shift. And population shift is brought about by infrastructures like roads, universities, airports etc people staying in ijebu ode, sagamu, Ota, ifo, mowe, ibafo, agbara, ilaro etc Don't need to come to abeokuta because they have facilities over there and that brings about the topic distribution of infrastructures.

The fact that Lagos is a yoruba state likewise ogun, oyo, ondo, osun and ekiti is not our fault and it's nobody's business if we benefit eachother. It's the essence of regional integration.

It's not my fault that imo and anambra envy eachother's little progress.
Infact it's a thing of joy for if other yoruba states will benefit from each other.

You guys should work on how to help each other instead of fighting each other here on nairaland.
It's not our fault that anambra igbos are claiming superiority over others. Work in unity and stop envying eachother

lol, who is going to read all this...
You were getting all the likes before before you modified it and added all the extra unnecessary baggages.
Nice comment though.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by IgboBuOfu: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2016
zizytd:
I live in Anambra bt grew up in Lagos. In truth Anambra just have three main cities, Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka. After these three main cities Ekwulobia and Nkpor are closely followed. States like Ogun ,Oyo and Rivers r urbanised states more than Anambra. Let's remove sentiments. Am from Anambra we never reach those states. Even Awka is lacking many things.

Have you ever heard of Obosi? Nkwelle? Ogidi? Ogbunike? Amawbia? Oba? Abagana? ... I seriously doubt you live in Anambra, omitting Obosi is enough to prove that.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Niyinficient(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
Develpeast:

Be truthful to yourself, all these things you highlighted except
the industries are false. Many states have free trade zone, so what's the big deal about it.

The industries in Ogun do not produce for Ogun people. They produce there and swiftly transport to Lagos or other places

Ibafo, mowe and some parts of Ota are just Lagos extensions, dazall.

BROS pls what do u mean by Lagos extension in another state? does it mean Lagos state govt control the activities of these extension? Pls educate me cos me i am not understanding ur point.

Seeing the headline, i knew what to expect on this thread.

Naija youths....is this the way forward?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by IgboBuOfu: 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
zizytd:
U know ezinifite in nnewi south, my mum is from there. The problem we have in the east is that we like to make noise. Apart from Nnewi, Awka and Onitsha , those other cities are hard to live in if you grew up in Lagos.

Lol!!! grin grin grin Ezinifite is nowhere near Nnewi South, Ezinifite is clearly in Aguata. Dude where are you from again?!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by zizytd(m): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

LOL, just showing your ignorance. Anambra City is divided into 4 metropolitan areas

I intentially ignored Umunze because I am not quite convinced it is qualified to be called a metropolitan city but it falls under the category of city. What your likes don't understand is whenever you hear Onitsha, it includes Main market area (Onitsha) 3-3 Housing Estate (Nkwelle), New Parts, Nkpor Junction Mgbuka (Nkpor), Building Material Market [Biggest building material market in West Africa], Bakery market (Ogidi and Ogbunike), Toll Gate, Plastic Market, Plywood Market (Ogbunike). I can go on with the 'unending' list.

Seriously, saying that Awka, Onistah and Nnewi is the only urban areas in Anambra State exposes your ignorance on the State. Maybe you always pass through the state while travelling.

Banks in Idemili South -

Umunze is not urban, umunze doesn't have life. Most towns you made mention are rurual-urban towns. Am an IT engineer for a bank in Anambra, I travel across the state.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by shiimah: 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
omofunaab:
Lol, anambra is before ogun and oyo state.

Most people underrate oyo state.

Oyo state was the capital of old western region,
It has many industrial estates.
Ibadan is a commercial city, many don't know that

Ibadan was the largest city in west Africa.

Oyo people don't usually shout.

Ogun has cities. Ijebu ode, sagamu, ifo, sango
Ogun has the highest number industries in Nigeria, it is closer to the Benin border which makes it thrives economically

Ogun has the highest number of public tertiary institutions and private tertiary institutions.

Ogun alone has four international stadia, otunba Dipo Dina international stadium, ijebu ode, sagamu international stadium, ilaro international stadium, and Mko Abiola international stadiums.

Ogun has olokola free trade zone in collaboration with ondo state.
Ogun has numerous industrial estates in mowe, ibafo, agbara, Ota etc..
The concentration of industries in many towns has changed most of these places to urban areas.
Abeokuta has one of the best roads in the country apart from the few federal roads

I don't know what your definition of urban means again

Modified :
Most of you saying tha the industrial estates in ogun State are just extensions of Lagos state and it has no effect on host communities. I will advise such people to go back and read their secondary school economics textbooks.. Read factors that determines location of industries, benefit of the industries to the host communities ...stop being ignorant please.
Nobody will cite an industry in areas without good roads and there's no place that won't benefit from having an industry cited or where infrastructures are provided.

If a road was rehabilitated to modern standards in your community, then the value of of your property will definitely increase. Many of these people have never been to ijebu ode, sagamu, sango, Ota, agbara before.. So in their myopic mind they just conclude that industries in ogun State are only located in the bush and it has no effect on the host community.
What brings about urbanization is the population shift. And population shift is brought about by infrastructures like roads, universities, airports etc people staying in ijebu ode, sagamu, Ota, ifo, mowe, ibafo, agbara, ilaro etc Don't need to come to abeokuta because they have facilities over there and that brings about the topic distribution of infrastructures.

The fact that Lagos is a yoruba state likewise ogun, oyo, ondo, osun and ekiti is not our fault and it's nobody's business if we benefit eachother. It's the essence of regional integration.

It's not my fault that imo and anambra envy eachother's little progress.
Infact it's a thing of joy for if other yoruba states will benefit from each other.

You guys should work on how to help each other instead of fighting each other here on nairaland.
It's not our fault that anambra igbos are claiming superiority over others. Work in unity and stop envying eachother
So?

Underrate Anambra at your own peril
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by zizytd(m): 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

Lol!!! grin grin grin Efinite is nowhere near Nnewi South, Ezinifite is clearly in Aguata. Dude where are you from again?!
Ezinifite is in nnewi south, not because you don't know somewhere doesn't mean it doesn't exist , dude ask your dad
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lekkie073(m): 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

LOL, just showing your ignorance. Anambra City is divided into 4 metropolitan areas

Seriously, saying that Awka, Onistah and Nnewi is the only urban areas in Anambra State exposes your ignorance on the State. Maybe you always pass through the state while travelling.

Banks in Idemili South -
what do u mean by 'anambra city'?
is there a place called anambra inside anambra state?so someone in awka etiti will reach nnewi before he can see atm to use. oba is a town and as such is not qualigied to be called an urban area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by IgboBuOfu: 3:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
zizytd:

Umunze is not urban, umunze doesn't have life. Most towns you made mention are rurual-urban towns. Am an IT engineer for a bank in Anambra, I travel across the state.

Umunze that have common boundary with Abia State is not Urban? Have you been to Umunze axis that have the common boundary with Imo State and Abia State and it have no life?

Give me one town I mentioned above that is not urban let's redefine urban.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
zizytd:
I live in Anambra bt grew up in Lagos. In truth Anambra just have three main cities, Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka. After these three main cities Ekwulobia and Nkpor are closely followed. States like Ogun ,Oyo and Rivers r urbanised states more than Anambra. Let's remove sentiments. Am from Anambra we never reach those states. Even Awka is lacking many things.
Shut up where you know in Anambra

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lekkie073(m): 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

Lol!!! grin grin grin Efinite is nowhere near Nnewi South, Ezinifite is clearly in Aguata. Dude where are you from again?!
shut up my friend....ezinefitie is in nnewi south. i visited my friend there when i was serving in awka etiti (idemili south)
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Klinee: 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
masseratti:
can you read at all? i guess You can, little patience will do, now go baco to my previous post, you will clearly see where i said i have been to the states i mentioned, unless you are confusing the word Industrialized/commercial with the word Urban.
Ok can you mention a place that u have been in Anambra, then explain how the place is compared to those area u assumed to be more urbanised.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by IgboBuOfu: 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
lekkie073:
what do u mean by 'anambra city'?
is there a place called anambra inside anambra state?so someone in awka etiti will reach nnewi before he can see atm to use. oba is a town and as such is not qualigied to be called an urban area.
I mean cities in Anambra State. Have you been to Oba? Have you been to the Old road of inside Oba? When las were you at Oba?
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by zizytd(m): 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

Have you ever heard of Obosi? Nkwelle? Ogidi? Ogbunike? Amawbia? Oba? Abagana? ... I seriously doubt you live in Anambra, omitting Obosi is enough to prove that.

Obosi electrical market, wetin dae there again, nkwelle ogidi and ogbunike u will see this towns using the old onitsha road, those towns are just developing, na just houses them dae build. How many industries dae there.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by IgboBuOfu: 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
lekkie073:
shut up my friend....ezinefitie is in nnewi south. i visited my friend there when i was serving in awka etiti (idemili south)

Dude is don't you mean Ezinifite? There is no town I known in Anambra called Ezinefitie and Ezinifite I know is in Aguata (after Igbo Ukwu). My aunt is married to that town and I was there for burial last month.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lekkie073(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

I mean cities in Anambra State. Have you been to Oba? Have you been to the Old road of inside Oba? When las were you at Oba?
oba is not an urban area QED!
i was in oba in 2008....rojenny holiday inn to be precise.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lekkie073(m): 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

Dude is don't you mean Ezinifite? There is no town I known in Anambra called Ezinefitie and Ezinifite I know is in Aguata (after Igbo Ukwu). My aunt is married to that town and I was there for burial last month.
google is everybody's friend

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnewi_South

ezinifitie is in nnewi south!
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
Calabar is not there. As if that's not enough, you go put Abia State undecided undecided undecided
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by IgboBuOfu: 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
zizytd:

Obosi electrical market, wetin dae there again, nkwelle ogidi and ogbunike u will see this towns using the old onitsha road, those towns are just developing, na just houses them dae build. How many industries dae there.

LOL, I am now doubting if you have lived in Anambra State. Obosi starts from Upper Iweka Onitsha down to Eze Iweka, Awada, down to Electrical Market. Obosi is 3 times bigger than Onitsha and clearly have more population than Onitsha. You cannot see Nkwelle on Old Onitsha road but via express and I am sure you are not aware that the ever popular 3-3 and the Housing Estate is in Nkwelle. Please I am off this thread, go and live in Anambra before you start this empty argument.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
lekkie073:
awka etiti where i served?

Awka etiti is a village mr man. Stop saying rubbish. From awka etiti if i wan use atm i dey reach nkpor or nnewi passing thru nnobi.

For ur info i served in awka etiti girls secondary school. So u should know not to argue with me or else i go expose dat shithole called anambra....
Amawbia na village....enugwu ukwu na village.....abagana where we have ukpo village is a consortium of different villages.....or is it not d same abagana in dunukofia lga? Where arthur eze resides.
Ode you are really pained grin, grin comparing Anambra to Ogun and Oyo is absurd, Awka etiti it's a sub town of Nnewi, mind you this not the state capital, Anambra is far more urbanized than those mod enclave you came from.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by zizytd(m): 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

Umunze that have common boundary with Abia State is not Urban? Have you been to Umunze axis that have the common boundary with Imo State and Abia State and it have no life?

Give me one town I mentioned above that is not urban let's redefine urban.

Some of these towns are rural-urban settings, u called Oba, students in tansian university still visits nnewi and onitsha for most of the tins that they use.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lekkie073(m): 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
post=51086616:

Ode you are really pained grin, grin comparing Anambra to Ogun and Oyo is absurd, Awka etiti it's a sub town of Nnewi, mind you this not the state capital, Anambra is far more urbanized than those mod enclave you came from.
ibadan is more urbanised than all south eastern cities put together

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by zizytd(m): 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
post=51086616:

Oga Awka-etiti is not nnewi, Awka-etiti is in a different local government from nnewi

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Klinee: 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
zizytd:
I don't know how reasonable ur sense is ! Are u expecting those villages to be like Lagos?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can You Stay In This Hotel For A Night If Offered Free Of Charge? / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic / Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.