Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

A Short Inspirational Write Up By Hertzz - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Short Inspirational Write Up By Hertzz (784 Views)

Short Inspirational Quotes / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / 17 Short Inspirational E-books By Mrs Ife Odum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Short Inspirational Write Up By Hertzz by dhamiylhola(m): 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
I thought all that glitters is gold I thought all that glitters is gold I thought all that you stood for was true I thought you came here to bring end to my miseries I thought you were the God's sent light to my path I thought your coming to my life would bring good tidings I thought the Joy you promised was everlasting I thought the love you professed was forever I thought I had found my better half I thought I had found my missing self I thought you had come to stay I thought the words from your lips were the truth Growing, we grew to tell the tales of our love Knowing, we knew each other every day Sharing, we shared all that we stood for and never to keep a thing Learning, we learnt and kept learning I always wanted to see you laugh I always wanted to see you happy I always wanted to be in your presence I always cherished the little moment we shared I always wanted to learn new things cause you spurred me to I always wanted to be a better person for you I always clinged to every little thing you said But then I remembered that all that glitters is not gold The love I thought I heard you promise was vain The future you envisaged - I thought I was included The life you ever wanted for yourself never included me Yet I stayed hoping that one day it would be a reality A reality I thought we'd weave into memories Memories I thought we'd carve into tales Tales I thought I'd share to my babies Babies I thought would be ours Love I wish to share Love I thought will never fade But then I remembered all that glitters is not GOLD The love I heard you promise was just to my ear The future I think I was included in was also to my ears alone The trips I thought would be fun, was just a plan Plans I thought we would execute together were just a wish Wishes Wishes Wishes I knew it would come to this I thought I was prepared for this But alas!!! I never prepared I got too comfortable I got lost in my wishes I thought we were way passed it Thinking I've landed my dream Just for it to manifest But here I am dreaming all over again But then I remembered all that glitters is not GOLD The love I thought I heard you promised was all in my dream All I thought you said were still in my dream Dream I had woken up from Reality that I'm here to face is that I've been dreaming all along.

Credit :_hertzz

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Wattcentral Prize For Short Fiction 2017 / Let's Play...(fiction) THAT NIGHT / Disvirgin A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.