Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,500 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:35 PM

Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards (8506 Views)

Get 8 Times The Value Of Your Glo Recharge With The Glo Sharp Sharp E-top Up / MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards / MTN's Message On Payment For Recharge Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by abdurrazaq(m): 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
Let me start by stating that my love for homemade products is fuelled by my patriotism towards my country, Nigeria. I loved glo more than other telecommunication companies in Nigeria not because it offers flawless service but for my resolution to support Nigerian companies to survive. However, my patriotism should not hinder me from informing the public on the fraud that this company is perpetuating with their recharge cards!
I bought two (2) glo cards worth N500 each on November 6th, 2016. Unfortunately, one (1) of the cards was badly scratched thereby damaging the first six digits of the PIN. I called Glo customer care to get their support in getting the recharge details and I was asked to provide the card's serial number. I did and the response I got was that the card has been used since October 28th, 2016, that's 10 days before I bought the card. I tried their online customer care (@glocare), I was told the same thing. When I wouldn't take No for an answer, I was referred to any of their outlets and I visited the one at Ota, Ogun State. The representative confirmed the positions of the online and call agents. I accepted the loss as my fate and decided to move on.
Fast forward to November 9th, 2016, I bought another card of N500 around 3:30pm. I was careful enough to scratch the silver panel properly this time and dial glo recharge code. Surprisingly, I got the error message 'Invalid Code' on attempting to load the card. I called glo customer care again and I was told that the card had been used since October 26th, 2016. The arrogance and suspicion I noticed in the voice of the call agent infuriated me and I told her about how I had had to let go of another card in less than 4 days interval. I told her that obviously there is a scam going on which glo should, as a matter of urgency' look into but, the agent just put my call on hold with one annoying music playing to my hearing.
It is heartbreaking for glo to be found wanting in protecting their customer especially, in this time of economic recession. This is a blatant FRAUD, INCOMPETENCE and LACK OF RESPECT AND CARE for customers. I therefore, seek to use this medium to warn glo subscribers of FAKE GLO RECHARGE CARDS in circulation.
Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by dominique(f): 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hmm
Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by emeraldknytt(m): 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
Sorry for the loss but maybe you belong to either of these categories of RC users;

1.)Those who take their time to load up a 12-15 digit figures....#senile

2.)Maybe it kinda 'patriotically' motivates you to call out each digit as you enter the numbers. With 4G blazing in some people's phones, there is no saving Grace...... #show off

3.)It might seem there is a tweak on your line that enables you to enjoy 100Gb for N500, if not, I see no compelling force that impedes you from ditching the green network.....#longthroat

******proofreading***** wink wink

I can see the anomaly now but did you know that if you go to law on the green network, with a proficient lawyer, you could win yourself some millions just to buy chicken for Xmas¿¿¿
Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by ybalogs(m): 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Some people just take wild guesses and ends up loading cards they haven't seen.I just don't know why you have fallen victim twice already this month.Sorry bro .
Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by oluwafreshkid(m): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
YES! YES!! YES!!!

Same thing happened to my brother oooo. He ran outta sub late at night and he needed to chat. He bought 200 naira and tried to load it. It didn't go oooo. Customer service said card haas been loaded 15 days ago.
Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by dustmalik: 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
The way I see it, I don't think it's a matter of fake Recharge cards. I think some people, either network agents or some other persons, may have found a loophole around Glo Recharge pins, and they are exploiting it.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by MrBONE2(m): 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
emeraldknytt:
Sorry for the loss but maybe you belong to either of these categories of RC users;

1.)Those who take their time to load up a 12-15 digit figures....#senile

2.)Maybe it kinda 'patriotically' motivates you to call out each digit as you enter the numbers. With 4G blazing in some people's phones, there is no saving Grace...... #show off

3.)It might seem there is a tweak on your line that enables you to enjoy 100Gb for N500, if not, I see no compelling force that impedes you from ditching the green network.....#longthroat

******proofreading***** wink wink

I can see the anomaly now but did you know that if you go to law on the green network, with a proficient lawyer, you could win yourself some millions just to buy chicken for Xmas¿¿¿

well said Bros!May Great One Of KiVuKi Land bless you. grin
Gyarbonka. grin
Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by dominique(f): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Could be that their system was hacked and the pins were stolen. What they're supposed to do is recall the cards from the market and destroy the pins bearing the serial numbers. Something similar happened with Etisalat last year and that's what they did. Seems glo wants customers to suffer the consequences of their carelessness

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by barackodam: 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by abdurrazaq(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
What's annoying is the attitude of their call agents. They were not ready to look into the complaint.
@emeraldknytt
I don't 'take time to load 12-15 digits' or 'patriotically' call out the digits grin I don't use tweak as well. I have been glued with them this long because of their good network in my area. I'm already making plans to ditch them though.

For the benefit of other innocent subscribers like me, beware of their cards that has serial numbers starting with 850.... Most of those cards were not properly printed

Thanks
Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by emeraldknytt(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
MrBONE2:
Gyarbonka. grin
...and you too and yourself grin ... which kain blessing beris
Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by Tobitrueman(m): 3:10am On Nov 17, 2016
MrBONE2:
Gyarbonka. grin

Re: Beware Of Fake GLO Recharge Cards by willypelz: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
Get Glo credit in less than 2 minutes using https://www.vtpass.com/glo-airtime
You can also purchase Glo data bundle with https://www.vtpass.com/glo-data
And pay with no stress and worries.

(1) (Reply)

Gionee A1 Phone Unboxing / Gionee A1 Lite Official Discussion Thread / MTN Season Of Surprises PROMO- Mtn Is Giving Out 5GB Data & 5k Airtime For N150

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.