Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,467 members, 7,781,353 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:01 PM

Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu (27035 Views)

Yobe PDP Leaders Decamped To APC (Photos) / Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / Why Ndigbo Should Join APC —- Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by Limitednow: 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
ORJI Kalu, former governor of Abia State on Wednesday stated why he decamped from Progressive Peoples Alliance - a party he formed in 2006 - to the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC.

Kalu who addressed a press conference said his decision to join the ruling party was to de-bunk speculation that the APC is an  ethnic or religious contraption.

“If they see us in this place, they will know that that APC is not an ethnic or religious party,” Mr. Kalu said.

The former governor admitted that the APC will be a tough sell in the South East, but expressed optimism that it will eventually be accepted after intense lobbying of those that matter in the region.

“It is something that we need to be explaining to the Catholic bishops, Anglican bishops, the Pentecostal churches and the rest of them,” Mr. Kalu explained.

Mr. Kalu also said he registered as a member of the APC on Sunday, while also disclosing that two (2) House of Representative members from the state are joining him to his new party.

“Between Sunday when I registered at Igbere and now, there are 4,000 new members already registered with the APC in Abia without making it open,” Mr. Kalu said adding that “there are two members of the House of Representatives who are there right now that are joining the APC.”

Mr. Kalu was received by the party’s National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun, in the presence of other members of the National Working Committee at its Wuse 2, Abuja headquarters.

Mr. Kalu’s move to the APC came two weeks after the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission re-arraigned him for corruption he allegedly perpetrated while he was governor of Abia between 1999-2003 on 34 counts of money laundering to the tune of N3.2 billion on October 31.

Source: http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/11/why-i-decamped-to-apc-kalu/

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by KingBelieve: 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2016
Mr. Kalu's move to the APC came two weeks after the EFFC re-arraigned him for corruption he allegedly perpetrated while he was governor of Abia State between 1999-2003 on 34 counts of money laundering of N3.2 billion on October 31st.

This explains it all, we welcome you onboard to the hood of saints.

172 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by dukechilezie(m): 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
Therefore if any politician be in APC, he is a new creature: old things are passed away: and behold, all things are become new. (Buhari chapter 20 vs 16) I hope you are aware that come 2019 Association of Past Criminals will be voted out if they continue with these hardship they brought upon Nigerians?

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by keyremotes(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2016
UTTERANCE OF A COWARD.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by Xflint(m): 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
keyremotes:
UTTERANCE OF A COWARD.
exactly

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by Limitednow: 7:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
With Kanu decamping the case is naturally dead, since APC members are saints.

Fighting corruption my foot.

Lalasticlala what's up?

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by stinggy(m): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
Just waiting to see how his followers who have all condemned the party on this forum react to this.
Any politician will do whatever (s)he thinks will favour him/her, but some people whose opinions do not matter go cari mata put 4 head

25 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by Limitednow: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
stinggy:
Just waiting to see how his followers who have all condemned the party on this forum react to this.
Any politician will do whatever (s)he thinks will favour him/her, but some people whose opinions do not matter go cari mata put 4 head

People like sarrki

18 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
stinggy:

You've Said it All grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
Expired product

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by eledalo: 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
No one cares sir.

Tosyne2much, new list idea: 10 reasons why Orji Kalu decamped to APC

7 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by AlexCk: 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
Politicians and decamping tho

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by Beehshorp(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
U decamped just to avoid being probed...

Go Kalu ur sins are forgiven

26 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
useless criminal...... Wish I had gun last time I met u sad angry

5 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by kings09(m): 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
To be a saint . Now u r free from Efcc, but u just killed ur political career.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by yomibelle(f): 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
English Language is not by force, if u can't speak correctly, kindly use pidgin or ur mother Tongue.

Today, I told a guy "excuse me, please can u go back a little" and he said "PLEASE! PLEASE!! PLEASE!!! I can't go backer than this, this is the backest I can go, can't you see there is somebody in front of my back?"

I managed to say "okay, thank you, bye* & *"FAINTED

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by vickylincon(m): 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
OK, now am looking for all those ipob youths supporting him when he was being tried.. Saying it is because he's from the east. He don join APC.. Watch how they will change mouth

2 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by talktimi(m): 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
Anything to escape EFCC net ni cool

4 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by IRobot7(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
There are only two reasons i can give for his action.
1. He did it because EFCC is after him.
2. He has eyes on the office of the Vice President come 2019 presidential election

7 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by akosh005: 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
APC need him to offset their PHCN Bill

2 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by deolu2000(m): 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Since kalu is now in APC, old things have passed away and all things are become new. He is now a saint and has plain slate now. Lest i forget, he is now a progressive.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by kidman96(m): 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Nigerian Politicians have no dignity...

Neither here nor there.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by july66: 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
Limitednow:

Source: http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/11/why-i-decamped-to-apc-kalu/
APC has become a haven for corrupt politicians. If I was Dazuki I will join APC immediately and be free. His crime is that he released money to fund a party trying to prevent a Buhari from becoming president.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by bonechamberlain(m): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
Save ur gadamn explanations oga undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by Danpotter(m): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
He's now in Bubu's crew where iniquities are forgiven, for henceforth he has been dead in sin and brought to life

10 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by mkoabiola: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
Even shekau will join APC soon

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by basadenet: 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kali joined Apc so that charges against him could swept under the carpet. This is encouraging corruption and lawlessness.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by chingydaboss(m): 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
Orji wants to run...
U must go to kuje prison for stealing

2 Likes

Re: Why I Decamped To APC - Kalu by Alariwo2: 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
mkoabiola:
Even shekau will join APC soon

fayose too
I pity our emotional brothers from the east. politics is not for them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally, Damaturu (photos) / Why We Are After Dino Melaye, Police Explain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.