Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? (18618 Views)

Tecno Says This Phone Will Last 3 Days On Full Charge / Charge Your Xpen Well Before Use / 2250mah Battery Takes Upto 5hrs Plus For A Full Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Tbillz(m): 5:20am On Nov 17, 2016
how true is it that, you need to charge new batteries or new phones for 10hrs or 15hrs before use else your cellphone battery is not going to last long?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by skedy1(m): 6:43am On Nov 17, 2016
Phone gurus, over to you!
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by jarkbauer: 6:46am On Nov 17, 2016
lies
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by roblance: 6:46am On Nov 17, 2016
Hmmmnnn
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by sorextee(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2016
Because the phone is half charged at the point of purchase..

1 Like

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by passyhansome(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2016
PLUG IT TO TRANSFORMER

17 Likes

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by DONOCHAS(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2016
two comments and FP
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Theyveedo(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
X
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
Do you actually think charging it before and after makes any difference

The only reason why your battery reduces in lifespan is when you keep draining them frequently.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by jef131: 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
I don't know y
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by OuchLimco: 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
Cos d dormant battery cells nid to be recycled again b4 first use

18 Likes

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by IRobot7(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by seXytOhbAd(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
The first charge usually is to ensure that the full capacitive charge of the battery is realised in tandem with the voltage and resistance of the phone requirements. Like if you liked my explanation because honestly I don't know what I'm saying sef.

164 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by jeeqaa7(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
no reason

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Drclassic(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2016
Because it is a normal thing

2 Likes

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by incredible6(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2016
skedy1:
Phone gurus, over to you!

If you don't know, why comment

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Sellfish(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2016
Because First impressions matter cool

Same reason why a girl's Congo has to be shined properly at the first opportunity in order to put her respect and bed-credibility towards you in an optimum situation smiley .... one thing with bed-reputation with a girl is that once not confirmed at the 1st 'charging session', a 2nd chance is hardly ever given to salvage the situation cry

So......Just like after confirming your bed-reputation to a girl at the first 'charging session', you can afford not to charge her properly a FEW times among subsequent charges..... same applies to phones. .. charge it full d 1st time in order to unleash the dragon in the battery .... after that, you can afford to be a bit more carefree cool

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by joey150(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2016
Op that is a myth now, but was once valid when mobile phone batteries were made of alkaline. For lithium ion batteries now that law doesn't hold water anymore.

Besides basic reasoning should tell you that most phones would charge completely in at most 3hours, and your phone will clearly ask you to unplug. So where does the 8 or 14 hour charge go to

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Mutuwa(m): 6:52am On Nov 17, 2016
seXytOhbAd:
The first charge usually is to ensure that the capacitive charge of the battery is realised in tandem with the voltage and resistance of the phone requirements. Like if you liked my explanation because honestly I don't know what I'm saying sef.

U self.. grin

Thing is batteries have a life span (whether car batteries,phone whatever) and after exhausting it,replacement becomes imminent. I never believe in that theory of charging full at first.
My opinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Mosthandsomeboy(m): 6:53am On Nov 17, 2016
Honestly i don't know but its wierd
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by henryobinna(m): 6:53am On Nov 17, 2016
Do they really?

or it's one of the myths Nigerians believe?

abeg, Nigerians stop applying myths to tech or any electronic device and start applying The Most Comprehensive Guide To Buy Your Next Smartphone http://www.legitstuffs.com/2015/11/features-to-watchout-for-when-buying-smartphone.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by markbenny(m): 6:53am On Nov 17, 2016
In order to re-activate the cells of the battery since they have not been charged in a long while or probably since manufacture.

It is infact important to switch off the battery during this first charge so it can charge to full capacity

1 Like

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by omoadeleye(m): 6:55am On Nov 17, 2016
a tradition
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 17, 2016
Forget the hours, the important fact there is charge a new battery until is shows fully charged then you can use.
It is not advisable to leave your phone on charge when the battery is full as it kills the cells.

Do not allow anyone to tell you how many hours you have to charge, your new battery could be eliminated, annihilated
or even assassinated. grin grin grin

Just charged until it is full

3 Likes

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by initialize(m): 6:58am On Nov 17, 2016
It's just a ritual

Not really necessary
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by clerkent(m): 6:58am On Nov 17, 2016
any phone that enter naija weather is highly proportional to the equilibrium of mass density with no imperial balance. n.b don't ask me what I wrote coz sleep still de my eyes

4 Likes

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Dreal11247: 6:59am On Nov 17, 2016
It is for you to realize the full strength of the battery. Otherwise, you will be having battery related problems. It is also the same with rechargeable items like radio, torch, fan etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 17, 2016
actually its African mentality, lithium ion batteries are never meant to be charged to full

You don't need to charge a new phone to full.... Batteries with higher mAh tend to last longer than Those with lower mAh even if you full charge them at first use or not

To maintain your battery capacities, don't full charge and don't drain completely

3 Likes

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Smooyis(m): 7:00am On Nov 17, 2016
All is fallacy. There is no time you recharge your phone battery to full capacity that it won't work. shocked
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Temidayo9(m): 7:01am On Nov 17, 2016
If its not written in the phone manual, then its a lie

3 Likes

Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by Lovetinz(m): 7:02am On Nov 17, 2016
To decrease their aging they are intended to be stored at 40% charge. This means when you receive your phone it should be at 40% charge, otherwise they will have aged your battery for you. (you are probably used to the effects of aging, like a 2 year old phone seeming to have very short battery life). When you get your phone you can use it until it is discharged, but they normally say 'charge it' because people will not notice the partial charge.
Re: Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? by petkoffDrake(m): 7:02am On Nov 17, 2016
If u ask me. .... in fact,

End time question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Twitter Apps For Nokia C3-00 / Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? / Lost But Found Iphone 6 In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.