Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out (1499 Views)

Donalds Official Design Portfolio < Check It Out> / When A 3D Artist Adds ‪photography‬ To His Set Of Skills (check It Out) / MY ADOBE PHOTOSHOP Manipulation...pls Check It Out.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by tommyruns(m): 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2007
www.ruggedmanonline.com - The official website of Ruggedman

What do you think about the site? Drop your comments!
Re: A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by MissEniola(f): 1:09am On Jan 06, 2007
The site is visually stunning, I've never really been impressed by flash though.
This site would have been just as pretty if it were in html form cos even the splash page is nice and its not in flash
Kudos
Re: A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by akonte(m): 3:04am On Jan 19, 2007
Hi, You know what the site is splendid.
Who designed it? I'll like to know who designed it cos I know a lil' bit about things like this.
But it's a nice site really.
Re: A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by zPixel(m): 1:59am On Jan 20, 2007
Wow is all i can say for now, because am trying to find the pieces of my jaw right now.
Re: A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by zPixel(m): 2:07am On Jan 20, 2007
Yeah, we are really going places, the entertainment industry(Nollywood exclusive). Did you design the site yourself or wat.
Re: A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by xclusiv(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2007
Hi, Tommyruns!

Beautifully designed site! , but a few things you need to note
1. try using liquid table layout when using dreamweaver so that a browser using 800 X 600 screen resolution can still access the website smoothly

2. the now muzik links is treated as a sub domain of the ruggedman site instead of a
seperate site, so I can access nowmuzik site from ruggedman - u get a link like this
www.rugg, com/www.muzik.com

but great site I must say. I also like what u did with outrage's site. very nice.
I might call u for a business one of this days

take care!
Re: A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by my2cents(m): 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2007
the site does state as one of its requirements, "1024 x 768 resolution" abi? Perhaps based on research (I assume), he knows that most of the visitors to the site won't be coming in on 800 x 600 tongue

Regardless, other than:

1) the fact that there is horizontal scroll when I view it on FF (yes, I know, another requirement is IE 4 and abv, but seriously, who uses IE anymore? cool), and

2) the site uses a lot of heavy, most likely unoptimized graphics (one I looked at clocked in at 94K)

The site looks good and serves it purpose as a website for someone in the entertainment industry.

kudos
Re: A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by yommie07: 7:34pm On Feb 05, 2007
d site is tite, but my own problem about flash sites in dis country is dat most people wont be patient enof 2 load a site like that n our world acclaimed cyber cafes who never have facility 4 flash, en slow on download

but kudos still, well job done
Re: A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by tommyruns(m): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2007
Thanks for your comments on the site.
And yes i did it myself, for those of you who are still doubting.
I did the layout design in Photoshop and did the remaining magic in adobe flash.

Note: All i ask is for nigerian graphic designers to be more creative and do more research before working on a project.
That way you be the best at what you do.

Cheers,
Re: A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by uspry1(f): 3:40am On Feb 07, 2007
Look at my creative Flash website that is found at:

http://www.mtmrimstires.com

It comes with all photos with text descriptions that employs actions/behaviors resulting in XML, PHP, and HTML on the web page.

It also include PHP-based email form (Contact US) that automatically send to my email address (email program/webmail) dynamically.

Is it cool?  cool
Re: A New Flash Website Is Born - Check It Out by LoverBwoy(m): 1:09am On Feb 08, 2007
thats great, though the car pictures at the top could be a bit flashier as in clean n extra shiny to go with the shiny rims

@uspry1

(1) (Reply)

Taking Animation To The Next Level / Resizing Images In Evernote / My 3D Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.