Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,129 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Black Eyed Peas Rapper Taboo Opens Up About Secretly Batting Testicular Cancer - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Black Eyed Peas Rapper Taboo Opens Up About Secretly Batting Testicular Cancer (1433 Views)

Keith Harris, Black Eyed Peas Collaborator, Drops New Song As Homage To Classic / [direct Download] Black Eyed Peas Translation Full 2020 / Download Mp3: Jayboi Ft. Zinoleesky – Taboo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Eyed Peas Rapper Taboo Opens Up About Secretly Batting Testicular Cancer by 9jacoolmusic(f): 9:59am On Nov 17, 2016
Rapper Taboo of Black Eyed Peas fame has revealed that he’s been secretly battling cancer. The 41-year old rapper recounted how he was diagnosed with stage 2 testicular cancer in June 2014 .

He tells People “It all started with a pain in my back and abdomen. I was so busy working that I wasn’t worried about it, but I went to the emergency room to get checked out.” The test result revealed that Taboo had stage 2 testicular cancer.

“The very next day I went into surgery to have the mother ship removed, but my fight had just begun. My family and the group were all in shock, but (bandmate) will.i.am instantly reached out to a great doctor who helped me figure out a treatment plan. I was racing against the clock.” He had to undergo 12 weeks of “intense, aggressive” chemotherapy.
“There were times that I wanted to give up, but I became inspired by sports figures who have gone through similar battles. I began channeling my energy into the thing that keeps me alive and spirited: music,” he says. “I wanted to share my story and inspire others like those who had inspired me.” He began writing lyrics about his cancer battle.

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Iyanya – Your Body / Music / Introducing Gidi Gang!: The Hottest Emcees Out The Heart Of Lasgidi!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.