Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Real Reason Why Some Igbo People Do Not Greet Their Elders - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Real Reason Why Some Igbo People Do Not Greet Their Elders (1227 Views)

A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason / Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason Why Some Igbo People Do Not Greet Their Elders by Ugik(m): 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
*Some village old women sha, just greet an old woman and she will tell you the story of your generation like;* *Morning Nwam, bia is this not Okechukwu the son of Ebube, the man who raped two girls before getting married to Obianuju the daughter of the* *wine tapper who fell from a Palm tree while staring at the buttocks of Juliliana the village famous prostitute who aborted sixteen pregnancies before getting married to Okohia the Dibia from the* *Neighboring village. Is it not your Grandfather that died of madness?.* *Nwam, so you have grown so big, Kedu?*

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Some Igbo People Do Not Greet Their Elders by kingwax7007: 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
No, u're wrong.. Most of u no get good training... No be sliding tackle u dey use wake up ur elders?

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Some Igbo People Do Not Greet Their Elders by IshaqAyinde(m): 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
cry
Re: Real Reason Why Some Igbo People Do Not Greet Their Elders by Ngozi123(f): 12:04am On Nov 18, 2016
kingwax7007:
No, u're wrong.. Most of u no get good training... No be sliding tackle u dey use wake up ur elders?

Do you seriously believe this? I really hope you're joking because if you're not then... undecided.
Re: Real Reason Why Some Igbo People Do Not Greet Their Elders by Kfed4ril(m): 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2016
kingwax7007:

I don see una wey get respect na.
Yoruba wey dey live on past glory.
And for your info I'm serving in Oyo, where I'm currently staying non of the children have ever greeted any Corper in that area, only their parents is that the kind of respect you people practice?

Even school wey I dey teach students will see you in the morning and can't greet, the most annoying part is when you enter class to teach them and the still wouldn't greet you.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? / The First Igbo Textile Is Ajị. / I Want To Learn Yoruba ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.