Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

#ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 (16449 Views)

APDA Leadership Tussle: Court Set To Deliver Judgement Today September 8 / #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates / #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court Hearing Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by engineerboat(m): 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
After the conclusion of 2 Substantive Appeal Applications Suit this evening at the Abuja Division of Court of Appeal led by Justice Salauwa on The Appeal filled by

1. Eyitayo Jegede vs Biyi Poroye, Jimoh IbrahIbrahim and others

2. Ahmed Markafi and Ben Obi vs Biyi Poroye and others.

The long awaited judgment day arrives eventually as Court of Appeal in his notice to counsels communicated today Friday 18th November, 2016 by 12noon to deliver its judgment on the Substantive Appeal Applications.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by UmuEri(m): 9:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
My prediction, Jegede wins....!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by engineerboat(m): 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2016
SUMMARY OF TODAY'S HEARING

[b]Nworfor: My Lord the brief is not ready as they worked on it all through the night, blames d TSA for d delay.

Justice Salauwa: Nwofor what do you wants knowing fully well time is of the essence & d case must be treated on merit.

Nworfor: my Lord I requests that the case be stood down until my subordinates completes d filling process of d brief at d registry.

Justice Salauwa: the application is hereby stands down the registrar is hereby directed to go retrieve the briefs at d registry in 1hr maximum.

After about 1hr: 30mins.

Nworfor: My lord the briefs with me are d unfilled ones still waiting for d registry

Justice salauwa: "Learned SAN, WE ARE STILL AWAITING YOUR BRIEFS".

Wole Olanipekun (Jegede Coinsel): goes tough, says Nwofor is taking the court for granted for not filling his respondents briefs.

Justice Salauwa: We will not allow anyone to mess up the temple of justice.

Wole Olanipekun: I prays the court to grant my prayers as contained in my briefs of arguments.

Nwofor: my Lord i stand om my earlier position of the Appeal panel jurisdiction to hear the matter based on pending appeals.

Nworfor: But in the alternative is that if the law allow the Court to proceed imspite my earlier position on its Jurisdiction, he has no choice but to adopt his briefs of argument and prayed that Ahmed Markafis appeal be dismissed.

Justice Salauwa: learned SAN Nworfor thanks for filling your briefs, we have nothing personal against anybody, what we are after is justice and decorum".

INEC counsel Anih: My lord the commission has no stand on the appeal and would be relying on the court's guidance.

Oluyede: Sheriff-led PDP Counsel, my lord I aligns with the briefs of Nwofor, expresses inability to get it ready at the material time.

Wole Olanipekun: In his response to Nwofor's respondents brief, my lord when an appellants files 2 briefs, The law rely on the 2nd one. (Gambo vs Gutigi).

Wole Olanipekun: Nwofor havin raised a point of him filling 2briefs forgot that he also submitted 2 briefs for Poroye &ors.

Justice Salauwa: The worst thing I hate in my life is failure, & my judgements is always hinged on God's biddings.

At this junction Nwofor is visibly confused.

As INEC lawyer still insists on readiness to accept court decision.

Justice Salauwa: At this junction the Application suit is ripe for Judgement which will be communicated to the counsel's.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by rfnextar8(m): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
what is now the outcome
in summary please
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by engineerboat(m): 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
rfnextar8:
what is now the outcome
in summary please

After the conclusion of 2 Substantive Appeal Applications Suit this evening at the Abuja Division of Court of Appeal led by Justice Salauwa on The Appeal filled by

The long awaited judgment day arrives eventually as Court of Appeal communicated tomorrow Friday 18th November, 2016 to deliver its judgment.
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by kcmichael: 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
PDP can never rule ondo state.people are busy campaigning while u guys are still in court

6 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by Jirate(m): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
EngineerBoat, great job once again. I know you won't fail to update us once again, in fact I am online today just to read your posts.
Keep up the good job, wishing Jegede who the real Candidate the best of luck tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by dunkem21(m): 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2016
Great job engineerboat.. You break am pieces wink
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by BERNIMOORE: 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
rfnextar8:
what is now the outcome
in summary please
you can tell the outcome yourself,

the judges had on last week thursday ordered jimoh ibrahim, porooye and sheriffs lawyers to file their briefs within 3 days which ended tuesday this week, but they failed to do that but rather begging for timeto kill jegede's chances deliberately feigning ignorance of what is at stake on november 26th, and the Appeal judges closed the case today thursday after two extra days benefit to sheriff,porooye/jimoh ibrahim's lawyers, because there was an 'expeditious time abridgement order by the CJN to conclude the case, while jegede's lawyer and Wole olanipekun had filed their briefs and had defended it unopposed

so jegede's Appeal and all Makarfi's PDP Vs Sheriffs was unopposed by jimoh ibrahim and Sheriffs!! grin

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by engineerboat(m): 9:09am On Nov 18, 2016
Good Morning nairalanders.

It's another day again as Appeal Court is set to deliver judgement today by 12noon.

Cc: lalasticlala, myd44, seun
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by Unimaginable123: 9:11am On Nov 18, 2016
UmuEri:
My prediction, Jegede wins....!
I concur

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by cktheluckyman: 9:12am On Nov 18, 2016
Farewell sheriff and Jimoh Ibrahim. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Time for makarfi to return to the wadata plaza.The distractions from Okon Abang will come to an end today

5 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by richidinho(m): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2016
Jegede we know, jimoh we so much hate

5 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by engineerboat(m): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2016
If The thread telling the ondo people that Supreme court stop appeal court can reach front page.

Is it not good that Appeal Court Judgement Get To the front page so that Ondo people can follow what's going on.

Cc: lasticlala, myd44, Seun

This call for your atrention.
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by engineerboat(m): 9:18am On Nov 18, 2016
lalasticlala, myd44

Ondo State deserve to know what's going on, on the true state of the Appeal court proceedings.

Cc: seun

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by kingsman66(m): 9:22am On Nov 18, 2016
Chinedu Chinedu Chinedu!!!! where is this stupid boy, come on go and ON that generator ondo state will deliver their judgment by 12noon
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by engineerboat(m): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2016
SatanicReporter at it again.

One begin to wonder. A news outlet that had been silent on The Appeal since the beginning now suddenly wake up this morning saying Olusegun Mimiko will get the judgment he has paid for today.

The question one need to ask SatanicReporter is that.
1. Is it Mimiko that tell Nwofor not to file his briefs of Arguments.
2. Is it Mimiko that direct Nwofor Notice to file 2 separate shambolic briefs of argument against the law.

Nairalanders can we now see what's going on

11 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by Oxenomy: 10:18am On Nov 18, 2016
Patiently waiting for the judgement..
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by neolboy(m): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Akure town will shake and tremble in jubilation if Jegede reclaim his stolen mandate

4 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by Johnnyessence(m): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Mimiko and his faction will loose again in d appeal court today. Following patiently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by abbas99(m): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2016
Sai APC!!!

3 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by Johnnyessence(m): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2016
engineerboat:

The long awaited judgment day arrives eventually as Court of Appeal in his notice to counsels communicated today Friday 18th November, 2016 by 12noon to deliver its judgment on the Substantive Appeal Applications.
engineer boat hope u will not disappointed today when the appeal court throw out the case hmmmmmm. Following and watching patiently.
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by cktheluckyman: 10:38am On Nov 18, 2016
Johnnyessence:
engineer boat hope u will not disappointed today when the appeal court throw out the case hmmmmmm. Following and watching patiently.
I don't think you have been following the proceedings
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by Wayne4uall(m): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2016
engineerboat:
If The thread telling the ondo people that Supreme court stop appeal court can reach front page.
Is it not good that Appeal Court Judgement Get To the front page so that Ondo people can follow what's going on.
Cc: lasticlala, myd44, Seun
This call for your atrention.

They won't move it to the front page, u should have used poroye the big snake vs mimiko the small snake grin

We good people of ondo state( ondo town ) we are following you, ride on bro
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ghen! Ghen! Both Jegede and Jimoh must be on the edge of their seats with their hearts in their mouths.
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by Sinciddy: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
America do presidential election all these legal drama no dey, ordinary governorship poll we dey show ourselves

2 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by HopeAlive14(m): 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
Why is democracy suffering under this APC government?

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by iykeism(m): 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
Am most concern abt the 300 million naira Edo state want to "dash" out so
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by garlicrey(m): 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
Abeg how much them dy sell cucumber for your area
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
Following.
Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 by Kbantin: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
just came out of the court now..jimoh ibrahim retains his candidacy. ..help me praise God..justice obong. .thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can We Break Loose From Kwara? / INEC Presents Certificates Of Return To Wike, Lawmakers In Rivers (Photos) / Buhari Returns To Abuja After Bauchi Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.