Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? (51207 Views)

Afrima Award: Tiwa Savage Wins The Best Female Artiste In West Africa / The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord / Before You Sign A New Artiste In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 8:45am On Nov 18, 2016
Left to me I would pick Brymo. This guy is just amazing. His voice is unique and his delivery top notch. Sadly this guy is underappreciated for his amazing works. There is hardly a song from him without a soul-touching message, unlike the noises being celebrated as music and constantly thrown to our faces this days.

His recent work 'klitoris', to me, should go down as one of the best musical works birthed by the Nigerian Music Industry. After listening to tracks like Billion naira dream, Let's make love, Naked, Mirage, Something good is happening ,Dem dey go (A reference to Nigerian situation), Alajo Shomolu, I was forced to visit his previous works. I had no option than to place him in the calibre of Asa, one of the natural artiste we have left.

Another artiste worthy of my mention is Nosa. His track 'pray for you' is one of my favourite.

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by thesicilian: 9:10am On Nov 18, 2016
Don't know the most underrated. But I can tell you the most overrated: Davido.

325 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by 2SWT(f): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2016
airforce1

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Airforce1(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2016
2SWT:
airforce1
I get over 125 mentions every day on nairaland and it makes me If wonder I was the only guy on nairaland.

Hmmm

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:51am On Nov 18, 2016
Mkaze...i think. Good sound and creative, still very little airtime.

11 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2016
2SWT:
airforce1
Lol! Wetin this guy do Una self?

10 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by 2SWT(f): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
Airforce1:

I get over 125 mentions every day on nairaland and it makes me If wonder I was the only guy on nairaland.

Hmmm

people are popular for different reasons , while some are known for their useful contribution to the society, some are known for their stupidity

I guess you know where you belong

*modified

those of you taking panadol for airforce1's headache well done o, you guys are pure hypocrites

I've read my post over and over again, I couldn't find where I stated that he belonged to the class known for their stupidity. you read my post, concluded in your minds that he's known for his stupidity then you come here and act like I did the conclusion for you.

airforce1 these people are not your friends or fans they are pretenders they concluded in their minds that you belong to the class known for their stupidity, they are only pretending to be angry. you are an artiste I believe and I feel you are underrated, I just said what I had in mind that's all

I clearly stated there were two classes of popular people wherever you choose to place him is none of my business. I'm out

388 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 3:40am On Nov 19, 2016
2SWT:
people are popular for different reasons , while some are known for their useful contribution to the society, some are known for their stupidity

I guess you know where you belong

Harsh!

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by haryomikun(m): 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
Its still wande coal.

Reason being wande coal is the only male Nigerian artiste with a beautiful voice.

I'll prefer wande coal to any other artiste any day. He knows how to select good beats. An example is his wanted album. All dope beats

Wande can make an average song seem better. This he did in 'My favorite' and 'Monster'.

Wande can act as a super backup. This he did in DJ spinall's money track. He was the one that made me like the track part from the dope beats By Ekelly

If wande carries your chorus your song go dope gan. Wande coal was the backbone of most of the hit tracks in Mo hits records. That voice in the chorus was what we kept on looking forward to when we listened to their tracks.

Wande can go high pitch flawlessly. This he did in 2face's fortified concert last year. They were singing 'Ololufe' together. When it got to the part where they say 'Iwo ni mo fe ni aye mi' 2face pause ni and allow wande continue the high pitched part cheesy cheesy

Thing is wande can appeal to all shades of music lovers. With his beautiful voice, he can captivate RnB lovers. His lyrics can motivate the streets too.

An artiste who has the combination of sweet voice and better lyrics for naija is a Super Artiste

Even Wizkid can't compete with wande in terms of lyrics or voice. If you don't know music please don't argue this fact

CC lalasticlala

295 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by veekid(m): 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2016

vector

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by yomibelle(f): 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
for me, its BRYMO..
vocals....check
lyrics......check
instrumentation....check
everything.......check check check

149 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by helovesme(f): 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jesse jagz

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
Can't think of any undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Aviero: 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
Eriga This guy is just underappreciated and underrated.

The brain behind some of the deepest bars in the industry.

ERIGA

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by casttlebarbz(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Burna boy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by seunny4lif(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Airforce1 abi Airforce2
That guy is underrated

5 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by DEIFIED(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
To me.... They are all ove rated. No vex.

7 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by ALAYORMII: 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Undareyted

7 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by seunny4lif(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
ellacute45:
Can't think of any undecided
Hallo
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Duncan mighty

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by bonechamberlain(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Johnny drille

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Holamidhe(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Airforce

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by ajoskele(m): 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
Vic O.

Hehehehehhe

17 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by NaijaFutbol: 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
Vick O

You know it is true

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by tolexy007(m): 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
let talk about overrated, Davido, Lil kesh,

22 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
haryomikun:
Its still wande coal.

Reason being wande coal is the only male Nigerian artiste with a beautiful voice.

I'll prefer wande coal to any other artiste any day. He knows how to select good beats. An example is his wanted album. All dope beats

Wande can make an average song seem better. This he did in 'My favorite' and 'Monster'.

Wande can act as a super backup. This he did in DJ spinall's money track. He was the one that made me like the track part from the dope beats By Ekelly

If wande carries your chorus your song go dope gan. Wande coal was the backbone of most of the hit tracks in Mo hits records. That voice in the chorus was what we kept on looking forward to when we listened to their tracks.

Wande can go high pitch flawlessly. This he did in 2face's fortified concert last year. They were singing 'Ololufe' together. When it got to the part where they say 'Iwo ni mo fe ni aye mi' 2face pause ni and allow wande continue the high pitched part cheesy cheesy

Thing is wande can appeal to all shades of music lovers. With his beautiful voice, he can captivate RnB lovers. His lyrics can motivate the streets too.

An artiste who has the combination of sweet voice and better lyrics for naija is a Super Artiste

Even Wizkid can't compete with wande in terms of lyrics or voice. If you don't know music please don't argue this fact

CC lalasticlala

you mean wande autotune coal?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Duncan mighty
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by ddaammyy(f): 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by gurunlocker: 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
I hate listening to those crap songs sing by Nigeria Hip Hop artists, senseless lyrics, shake bottom, I spend money, I go holiday for Miami... wetin concern me?..

Sadly, that's the song Nigerians love...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Fairgodwin(m): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
haryomikun:
Its still wande coal.

CC lalasticlala

The End!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by TINALETC3(f): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
Burna boy

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by AkinPhysicist: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video) / “I Win Big Brother, Them Wan Finish Me…” – Efe Says In His Latest Song (Video) / 'Sweet Mother' Lyrics (Prince Nico Mbarga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.