Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? (51201 Views)

Afrima Award: Tiwa Savage Wins The Best Female Artiste In West Africa / The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord / Before You Sign A New Artiste In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by ebukahandsome(m): 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
SHAYDEE

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by martineverest(m): 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
brymo,flo and johnny drille......unfortunately,they re my best musicians in naija
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
justifiedcoyy:
Brymo

Dude is super talented

Na so. You sabi artiste. I no know say u self Dey feel jams like that o. Good luck tomorrow bro.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
Dare Art Alade
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by MrCork: 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
Opiletool:
Left to me I would pick Brymo. This guy is just amazing. His voice is unique and his delivery top notch. Sadly this guy is underappreciated for his amazing works. There is hardly a song from him without a soul-touching message, unlike the noises being celebrated as music and constantly thrown to our faces this days.

His recent work 'klitoris', to me, should go down as one of the best musical works birthed by the Nigerian Music Industry. After listening to tracks like Billion naira dream, Let's make love, Naked, Mirage, Something good is happening ,Dem dey go (A reference to Nigerian situation), Alajo Shomolu, I was forced to visit his previous works. I had no option than to place him in the calibre of Asa, one of the natural artiste we have left.

Another artiste worthy of my mention is Nosa. His track 'pray for you' is one of my favourite.

...2pac angry
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by mctowel01: 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
Its MI...that guy is king
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by shurlar50(m): 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oladips is underrated!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
ipledge10:
To me it's kiss Daniel, that's his new era album is out of this world...He should be getting more awards

I listened to Alone, Kudi and Gobe. Those songs make sense. Dude is one of my favourite.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Clemsworld(m): 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
haryomikun:
Its still wande coal.

Reason being wande coal is the only male Nigerian artiste with a beautiful voice.

I'll prefer wande coal to any other artiste any day. He knows how to select good beats. An example is his wanted album. All dope beats

Wande can make an average song seem better. This he did in 'My favorite' and 'Monster'.

Wande can act as a super backup. This he did in DJ spinall's money track. He was the one that made me like the track part from the dope beats By Ekelly

If wande carries your chorus your song go dope gan. Wande coal was the backbone of most of the hit tracks in Mo hits records. That voice in the chorus was what we kept on looking forward to when we listened to their tracks.

Wande can go high pitch flawlessly. This he did in 2face's fortified concert last year. They were singing 'Ololufe' together. When it got to the part where they say 'Iwo ni mo fe ni aye mi' 2face pause ni and allow wande continue the high pitched part cheesy cheesy

Thing is wande can appeal to all shades of music lovers. With his beautiful voice, he can captivate RnB lovers. His lyrics can motivate the streets too.

An artiste who has the combination of sweet voice and better lyrics for naija is a Super Artiste

Even Wizkid can't compete with wande in terms of lyrics or voice. If you don't know music please don't argue this fact

CC lalasticlala

u get music sense that guy murdered WHO U EPP for Olamide. I'm looking forward to Blow with wande collabo shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Youngtrice(m): 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
Acousticlexi:
Johnny drille has songs that get regular airplay in lagos. even unreleased songs. He has a Lagos fanbase
Wow. Good to hear. Never doubted what he could achieve with his good voice and lyrics. Dude doesn't sound like a Nigerian sef.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by moyarhtohbadt(f): 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jobia:
you mean wande autotune coal?
Oh don't be silly!

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by obinna58(m): 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
Phyno and psquare
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by tomisinobm(m): 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
Youngtrice:
LOL. you live in Benin?? or Johnny drills has gotten to where you are?

Dude's blown already. he's hardly in Benin these days. His Insta shows he's going from shows to shows and interviews in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by pennytrate: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
uhm! Sometimes u won't blame 'em for putting out crap, because that's what majority wants in Nigeria

OP! I go with ya on brymo

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by candycrushsoda: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Johnny drille
I concur. Love his "Wait for me" song

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Aburi001: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
Airforce1:

I get over 125 mentions every day on nairaland and it makes me If wonder I was the only guy on nairaland.

Hmmm

Congrats for the ACHIEVEMENT.......Kudos for the 125 Grammy awards.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by NobilityPays(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

You'd want to check my signature.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by justifiedcoyy(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
Amen
Opiletool:

Na so. You sabi artiste. I no know say u self Dey feel jams like that o. Good luck tomorrow bro.

From GRACELAND I guess grin
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by tomisinobm(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
Nonso Amadi
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by gidjah(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
I actually dont do this trash our local artists do here, I love it classical and very heart felt ,lots of meaningful.lyrics ,but lots of naija guys do wack from lyrics to concept.only good at shacking nyansh !!all the same few artists have been outstandingly underrated;1_Sound Sultan. 2_Wande Auto tune coal.3_ Brymo . .This guys gat it good abeg ,I give it all to Sound sultan .I recalled when wyclef came for a collabo with tuface and sound sultan...thats when u hear good lines ,but uncle Tuface messed up that music big time with his horrible lines.the nigerian music revolution is only for kids now and not for mature sense adults,wether you are 30or 40 ,once you go low for this kind of music this wack huys sing, then you are still a child in this nation.I represent the old school; the country,the classic and the soul

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brymo is good no doubt but his style is what I'm not cool with. His song Ara is a bomb but I've not seen any of his follow ups beating Ara.
That's the problem.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by moyarhtohbadt(f): 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Dongreat:
Certainly it's BRYMO. Like you said the dude lyrics and voice is top notch but unfortunately he's from a country where major listen to loud beats with meaningless lyrics. Music is ART and peeps like BRYMO, ASA, DAREY, MI, knows how to practice it. Noise makers include Olamide, Phyno, Lil Kesh, Traffic warden Kcee, and even Dbanj. It's not all about money for some including me but the serenity that follows after a good, nice and tasteful music. When those noise makers are old they will certainly feel ashamed about their music cos generation then will see it as a joke. Remember tony tetula "bash my car", yes a hit back then but a joke, a very big one now angry. What about Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing" or "Lady in Red", yes I know, absolutely classic cheesy

Ps: Airforce1 is not a Musi or even a cian but a broke dude who show off always with generic perfumes, some worn out 3 pieces of N500 notes and his 8"inch plasma TV.
You are smart!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
seunny4lif:

Hallo

Hallo smiley
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by paradigmshift(m): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Johnny drille

you sabi ...the guy too good and he lives in my area o before traveling to Lag...brymo too

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by crisycent: 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
Brymo should stop bending his mouth when singing, I'm sure that's why he hasn't blown yet.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Opiletool(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
justifiedcoyy:
Amen
From GRACELAND I guess grin
Yes bro.
Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Vecto(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
thesicilian:
Don't know the most underrated. But I can tell you the most overrated: Davido.
The most underrated is vector.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by leonJunior: 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
yung 6ix that dude can preach

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by bonechamberlain(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
Youngtrice:
LOL. you live in Benin?? or Johnny drills has gotten to where you are?
I don't need to live in Benin or to know drille before i hear good music.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Cvesta(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
Opiletool:
Left to me I would pick Brymo. This guy is just amazing. His voice is unique and his delivery top notch. Sadly this guy is underappreciated for his amazing works. There is hardly a song from him without a soul-touching message, unlike the noises being celebrated as music and constantly thrown to our faces this days.

His recent work 'klitoris', to me, should go down as one of the best musical works birthed by the Nigerian Music Industry. After listening to tracks like Billion naira dream, Let's make love, Naked, Mirage, Something good is happening ,Dem dey go (A reference to Nigerian situation), Alajo Shomolu, I was forced to visit his previous works. I had no option than to place him in the calibre of Asa, one of the natural artiste we have left.

Another artiste worthy of my mention is Nosa. His track 'pray for you' is one of my favourite.
The Klitoris Album was great but I love the less popular Merchants and Dealers Album even more .. BRYMO is a GENIUS ..I can't wait for a collaboration between him and Asa

BRYMO,Jesse Jagz and Burnaboy in no particular order

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
2SWT:
people are popular for different reasons , while some are known for their useful contribution to the society, some are known for their stupidity

I guess you know where you belong

EVIL ROASTING
Join ultimate cycler and make money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video) / “I Win Big Brother, Them Wan Finish Me…” – Efe Says In His Latest Song (Video) / 'Sweet Mother' Lyrics (Prince Nico Mbarga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.