Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Religion - God's Sadistic Game. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion - God's Sadistic Game. (1651 Views)

Sadistic Religious Fanatic: Mother Teresa Was No Saint / The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy / Why Religion Is Still A Necessity In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
Sadism is the capacity to derive gratification from the pain and suffering of another person. So by definition, a sadistic act is one that is designed to derive pleasure from the pain and suffering of the participants.

Religious people claim that God bestowed humans with an intrinsic craving for him, and this claim is used to justify the predominance of religion in the world. The main extant religions, the likes of Christianity, Islam and Judaism, all make claims about God that are mutually exclusive. There is a huge degree of disparity between how these three religion understand the nature of their world, their place in it, and what's to come in the future. But what they have in common however, is the level of certainty to which they believe these mutually exclusive claims.

Religion is man's way of getting to God, people say. But every religion makes authoritative claims about having the true God, and being the only bridge to get to this God. Christianity presents Jesus as the way, Muslims believe it's Mohammed's teachings, Jews believe in neither.
One thing is certain here, only one of these religions can be right, if anyone actually is. And if this is so, then every other religion is wrong. And considering the fact that these religions make very unsettling claims about morality, and about the afterlife, and what happens in the afterlife to people who don't hold their beliefs, then it's quite certain that any religion that is wrong about their own claims, will definitely suffer the punishment that awaits them in the afterlife of the "true religion."

Now the above raises an important question. Why did God decide to create the universe, in all it's complexity, just to disgorge humans into 0.4 percent of it, so that he would test their powers of credulity, or what people call belief? I used 'credulity' here because it means being eager to believe something, despite having little or no evidence for it. Because when you think critically about it, the evidence each religion provides, isn't sufficient enough to engender the kind of belief and devotion it demands.

What would it take God to just come out of the "heavens," and give all of humanity a sign that he actually exists, and openly tell the whole world which religion is true, so then everyone would know and then actually decide, despite the overt evidence, whether to follow or not. In my opinion, I think this is a more leveled terrain for humans to exercise belief. I mean, someone who actually loves his creation unconditionally, should make it easier for them to escape such an excruciatingly painful damnation.

If God is the designer of our brains, then he should know how the human brain works. He should know that the human brain, when used properly, relies on reasonable evidence in other to cling to certain belief systems and world views. He knows that the human brain was designed for critical examination of ideas. He knows that when used properly, it's impossible to believe the claims of any religion, given their mutually conspicuous flaws, forged accounts, redacted texts and glaring contradictions. If he actually knows all this, then why doesn't he himself, since he is all compassionate and loving, give a universally observable, tenable proof of his existence, and tell the whole world which religion is actually the true one, if any actually is. In the old testament he was fond of doing this, right? He used to supposedly come out with a thundering voice to show his supremacy to the Isrealites, but now that there are video cameras and recorders, he has somehow stopped.

Just imagine you live in a house with 10 children who you love equally and unconditionally, and one day you wake up early in the morning, scribble down some words on a piece of paper, leave the piece of paper in a position whereevery child could see, hurriedly pack your bags, and leave the house before any of the children wakes up. Say, on that piece of paper, you left a riddle, or a vague sentence, implicitly telling them where you were and that each should meet you at that place when they wake up. Let's say you somehow have cameras installed in every area of the location where your kids are and you could watch their whole movements. Due to the fact that the description of your location wasn't explicitly and lucidly stated, each kid interpreted your riddle differently and set off to meet you. Let's say only one kid actually got the riddle right, and he was heading towards your location, while the other nine got theirs wrong and were confidently heading to dangerous locations where they would definitely meet their deaths. If you were this parent, what would you do? Would you allow the other nine die, and then welcome the only wise child with open arms? Or would you try to find a convincing way to stop them from heading to their doom? What if due to each child's own interpretation of your nebulous riddle, they had a disagreement and started engaging in a brutal fight, with knives and other dangerous weapons? As such parent, would you bear to watching this unfold right in front of your eyes, or would you come out and end this foolish tussle?
But wait a minute, why would any parent do this in the first place? To what gain? Isn't it only a morally depraved, sadistic parent that would be capable of such? But this is exactly what God did when he supposedly created humans. He knew what would happen in the future, but he still went on to play his little sadistic game.

Try to imagine the amount of people that have suffered and died in the name of religion? Try to picture the suffering and pain that humans experience everyday, just because God decided to use us to play his little game. If he was actually interested in spending eternity with us, where we would worship him forever, then why allow us pass through all this?

Only a sadist would create a world, with all the earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, floods, forest fires, global warming, fatal diseases, drought, genetic defects, predispositions to violence, famine, sorrow, pain, and death, just so he would test the love of humans for him. I mean how is a loving God even able to watch his innocent creations suffer in this way and still do nothing? God knew what was going to befall humanity, he knew the world would be atomized into different religions that would be hostile to each other, and even butcher themselves and other innocent people in his name. He knew that there would be wars that would claim millions of lives. He knew humans would know indefinite pain and suffering, but he still went on with his plan.

It's either this God is a sadist, who actually enjoys watching all this suffering in the world unfold, since he systematically engineered the antecedents of this suffering, or the people that fabricated him didn't think carefully before fabricating him.

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by Luizkid(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
a thought provoking piece..

2 Likes

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by felixomor: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
Sadism, is the ability to derive joy from a person's pain. So by definition, a sadistic act is one that is designed to derive pleasure from the pain of the participants.

Religious people claim that God bestowed humans with an intrinsic craving for him. And they use it to justify the predominance of religion in the world. The main extant religions, the likes of Christianity, Islam and Judaism, all make claims about God that are mutually exclusive. There is a huge degree of disparity between how these three religion understand the nature of their world, their place in it, and what's to come in the future is. But what they have in common however, is the level of certainty to which they believe these mutually exclusive claims.

Religion is man's way of getting to God, people say. But every religion makes authoritative claims about having the true God, and being the only bridge to get to this God. Christianity presents Jesus as the way, muslims believe it's mohammed, Jews believe in neither.
One thing is certain here. Only one of these religions can be right, if anyone actually is. And if this is so, then every other religion is wrong. And considering the fact that these religions make very unsettling claims about morality, and about the after life, and what happens in the afterlife to people who break their "objective" moral principles, then it's quite certain that any religion that is wrong about their claims, will definitely suffer the torment and torture that awaits them in the afterlife.

Now the above raises an important question. Why did God decide to create the universe, in all it's complexity, just to disgorge humans into just 0.4 percent of it, so that he would test their powers of credulity, or what people call belief? I used 'credulity' there because it means being eager to believe something, despite having little or no evidence for it. Because when you think critically about it, the evidence each religion provides, isn't sufficient enough to engender the kind of belief and devotion it demands.

What would it take God to just come out of the "heavens," and give us a sign that he actually exists, and openly tell the whole world which religion is true, so then everyone would know and then actually decide, despite the overt evidence, whether to follow or not. In my opinion, I think this is a more leveled terrain for humans to exercise belief. I mean, someone who actually loves his creation unconditionally, should make it quite easier for them to escape such an excruciatingly painful damnation.

If God is the designer of our brains, then he should know how this brains work. He should know that these brains, when used properly, rely on reasonable evidence in other to cling to certain belief systems and world views. He knows that these brains were designed for critical examination of ideas. He knows that when used properly, it's impossible to believe the claims of any religion, given their mutually conspicuous flaws, forged accounts, redacted texts and glaring contradictions. If he actually knows all this, then why doesn't he himself, since he is all compassionate and loving, give a universally observable proof of his existence and tell the whole world which religion is actually the true one if any actually is. In the old testament he used to do this, right.
He used to supposedly come out with a thundering voice, to show his supremacy to the Isrealites, but now that there are video cameras and recorders, he has somehow stopped.

Just imagine you have 10 children who you love equally and unconditionally, and one day you woke up early in the morning, and you scribbled down some words on a piece of paper, and you hurriedly packed your bags and left the house before any of them woke up. On the piece of paper, you left a riddle, or a vague sentence, implicitly telling them where you were and that each should meet you at that place when they wake up. Let's say you somehow have cameras installed in every part of the location where your kids are and you could watch their whole movements. Due to the fact that the description of your location wasn't explicitly and lucidly stated, each kid interpreted your riddle differently and set off to meet you. Let's say only one kid actually got the riddle right, and he was heading towards your location, while the other nine got theirs wrong and were heading to dangerous locations where they would definitely meet their deaths? If you were this parent, what would you do? Would you allow the other nine die, and then welcome the only wise child with open arms? Or would you try to find a convincing way to stop them from heading to their dooms? What if due to their own interpretation of your nebulous riddle, they had a disagreement and started engaging in a brutal fight, with knifes and other dangerous weapons? As such parent, would you bear to watching this unfold right in front of your eyes, or would you come out and end this foolish tussle?
But wait a minute, why would any parent do this in the first place? To what gain? But this is exactly what God did when he supposedly created humans. He knew what would happen in the future, but he still went on to play his little sadistic game.

Try to imagine the amount of people that have suffered and died in the name of religion? Try to picture the suffering and pain that humans experience everyday, just because God decided to use us to play his little game. If he was actually interested in spending eternity with us, where we would worship him forever, then why allow us pass through all this?

Only a sadist would create the world, with all the earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, flood, diseases, drought, genetic defects, predispositions to violence, famine, sorrow, pain, and death, just so he would test the love of humans for him. God knew what was going to befall humanity, he knew the world would be atomized into different religions that would be hostile to each other, and even kill innocent people in his name. He knew that there would be wars that would claim millions of lives. He knew humans would know indefinite pain and suffering, but he still went on with his plan.

It's either this God is a sadist, or the people who fabricated him didn't think carefully before fabricating him.

Oh so this is where u came to realax, after your fallacies were exposed in another thread?

Hmmm....
I can see the matter of God is really burning inside u.

Ride on.
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by jonbellion(m): 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lol Na today you dey know
Christian salvation summed up
GOD: you are sh *t and you are scum you ate qualified to stand before me with your stench of iniquity. Whatever Good you have ever done and you will ever do will never be good enough for me. Your "righteous acts are like horse sh*t before my eyes. The only way I can consider a chance of redemption for your wretched soul is if you accept the human sacrifice that was given to you 2000,years ago and if you do so much as lack a belief in it. I will burn you in a fire for all eternity where the worms would eat your putrid flesh and the rest of your pathetic human race who accepted my ultimatum would kiss my ass for all of eternity because apparently the people that have been kissing my ass since thy beginning of time and my eternal reign is simply bot enough
Christian: *pause* sounds great grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by hahn(m): 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2016
Religion is proof that man is savage and barbaric and that we LOVE hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
felixomor:

Oh so this is where u came to realax, after your fallacies were exposed in another thread?

Hmmm....

Ride on.

Evading the premise of the thread and attacking the individual, as usual.

4 Likes

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by hopefulLandlord: 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2016
I almost always like this guy's threads

please, if you happen to leave Nairaland in the future, do not deactivate your account, your threads are worth looking at time and again

1 Like

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by jonbellion(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

that is his calling

1 Like

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by hopefulLandlord: 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

I like it when they do that

it shows that the thread hits home, though they'll deny that due to their ego

1 Like

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
I almost always like this guy's threads

please, if you happen to leave Nairaland in the future, do not deactivate your account, your threads are worth looking at time and again

Thanks.
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by felixomor: 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

For somebody who claims God is "fabricated" without an iota or atom of evidence?

Nah.

Its Exposing your self-busting fallacies as usual.
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by LiberaDeus: 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2016
Nice post. The sad thing is that religious people can't see that this gods quality is purely human and man made. The clues litter their holy books.

If only religious people could just look at the contradictory claims in their holy books. I

There are 2 possibilities to consider when considering any religion.

1. The religion is true and is this only way to the true creator of the universe. All the claims are true and perfect. The only seeming contradictions are as a result of human frailty.

2. The religion is false because it is man made. But it is not even made in an instant by a particular man but it is the work of thousand of years of philosophical accumulations, adaptation to prevalent social conditions, popular tradition, mythology etc. The religion was triggered by a revolutionary but evolved and grew into its present state. Just like an open source software, it is first built by a developer but left open for anyone to modify and update.

Looking at this 2 possibilities, if you are to pick the first possibility them so many questions will arise , questions that lead to other questions that lead to a logical dead end. If you pick the second option, it answers all the questions and leaves no holes. It might not answer the questions of life and existence but at least it will give a satisfactory explanation for the existence of religion.

Christianity is like Mozilla Firefox or the Linux distro, these software's were created by a singular entity but they have been left open for modification and update.

Religion is not a one time revelation of truth but a continual process of developing philosophical and cosmological beliefs.

The only issue with it is that it uses a faulty method to reach truth. Instead of making claims and testing them, religion makes claims and the claims branch off into another sect. In religion truth can exist in 1000 different ways which in itself is a fallacy. In religion 2 + 2 can have over 1 million answers.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by Obembem: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
do you haveRefrence
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by kevoh(m): 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2016
Nice write up @GrizzlyBear. I could not have said it better.
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
kevoh:
Nice write up @GrizzlyBear. I could not have said it better.

Thanks. Just trying to disabuse people from toxic beliefs.
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by bennyann: 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
He used to supposedly come out with a thundering voice to show his supremacy to the Isrealites, but now that there are video cameras and recorders, he has somehow stopped.

I Can't laugh enough. OP you're so funny.

I'm sure you got this - All things were and are created for His pleasure. It means He created us to please Him. So the question should be are we pleasing Him? What pleases God? What can I do to please God?

Most of your questions are not for humans to answer but for God to answer.

If I never believed God exists, if I never believed which one is the true God since I've heard those gods see all things and can hear everything, I'll just speak out from my heart and say - God of all gods, I want to believe in you but I need you to help me believe, please reveal yourself to me and help my unbelief. That's all

If after doing all this from my innermost heart and supreme God no show Himself, Omo na OYO that God dey ooo because me I Don do my part.

I wish you the best OP

Much love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2016
Gbam!! And that settles it......... NOT!

This is a frabjous piece, GrizzlyBear. Lautitious and copacetic. But guess what? To the cretionous simpletons called "believers", this is NOTHING, ZERO. It won't make the slightest dent on their "unshakable faith" (madness). The average Abrahamist could care less about the credibility, rationality, plausibility and even sanity of his beliefs, and would much rather stick with the infantile stories that they find emotionally appealing. They don't care because they hate logic and reason and find it easier to understand stories and parables. The religions are psychological and not philosophical which is why they can't be shaken by "facts" and "reason". They're immune to challenge.

Belief is a deliberate abandonment of any attempt to approach a subject critically and knowledgably. Rather, the believer simply announces, "I believe, and now I'll get on with other things like making loads of money." At that point, they end all intellectual curiosity (assuming they ever had any) about the religion upon which the eternal fate of their soul depends (supposedly). One would have to conclude that, deep down, they don't believe in the soul at all. They want to avoid asking big questions. They prefer to play video games or watch TV. That's the supreme tragedy of belief. It's mental laziness and, at root, UNBELIEF. Anyone who believes in any religion should be expected to know everything about that religion. If they are ignorant about it (as nearly all Christians are, for example) then what is it they actually believe? It's certainly not Christianity because they don't know what that is. Rather, what they believe is the SIGN SYSTEM of Christianity. This says: "You have a soul. You're a sinner. If you believe in Jesus Christ you will be saved. Jesus dies for your sins and loves you. If you don't believe in Jesus you will go to Hell."

The statement, frankly, is all that the average Christian understands of Christianity, and yet every part of the statement is bogus. But who cares? Belief is nothing but a willingness to accept a lazy, easy, comforting set of fake and fraudulent signs.

Just look at the Nicene Creed. We see endless illogicalities, absurdities, contradictions and nonsense. How stvpid would one have to be in the 21st century to mouth those words and take them seriously? They are downright idiot'ic. They're not even inspiring. They are empty words uttered by hollow people cut from the world of reason.

In response to your post, expect them to trout the following in no particular order:
1) God works in mysterious ways (The Trinity is proclaimed a "mystery of Christisn faith"; the usual nonsense that gets spouted when a position is rationally untenable. It's another way of admitting that you don't know what you're talking about).

2) It's a matter of faith (Yeah, right).

3) Our finite minds cannot comprehend the infinite Divine Mind

4) Jihadist: If you keep asking awkward questions, I'll kill you and go to the highest heaven where I will sup with Allah, taste the finest wines and fvck the most gorgeous dusky virgins after I die, you satanist! grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by kazyhm(m): 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
Religion seems to make the world more complex/complicated instead of simplifying human coexistence.

I have stopped discussing anything logical with any religion bigot(s).........their ignorance shows in every aspect of their life

I perceive them as people that are too emotionally attached to things they do not understand and this makes them live in fear of the unknown.

its too a burden talking to people who can't separate facts from opinion, they tend to argue with some personal myopic evidences which make you feel empathy for their clueless ways of reasoning.
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:17am On Nov 19, 2016
felixomor:

Hmmm....

Ride on.

Lol . He keeps repeating the same old jeremiads against religion a thousand different ways . He is still repeating the same old questions

Why does God let humans suffer

Why does evil exist

Why are there natural disasters since God exist

Which religion portrays the true nature of God

The simple minded atheist thinks that these questions impugn the existence of God . These have been rebutted so many times ad nauseum . They enjoy going over the same thing all over and all over and all over again . And if you pay attention closely , they don't really care if you refute their claims , they go the next thread repeat the same exact thing again . The same thing the next day , the same thing the coming week. Its obvious they don't care about answers , they are simply angry at God .

Akdegreat:

You think they're real atheists?
They simply frown at the idea of religious Gods; their arguments revolve around the 'perceived' limitations and imperfections of religious Gods.

That's why I had to open this thread so Christians can discuss and ask questions : https://www.nairaland.com/3220590/questions-god-bible-christianity-bring

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by felixomor: 10:41am On Nov 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . He keeps repeating the same old jeremiads against religion a thousand different ways . He is still repeating the same old questions

Why does God let humans suffer

Why does evil exist

Why are there natural disasters since God exist

Which religion portrays the true nature of God

The simple minded atheist thinks that these questions impugn the existence of God . These have been rebutted so many times ad nauseum . They enjoy going over the same thing all over and all over and all over again . And if you pay attention closely , they don't really care if you refute their claims , they go the next thread repeat the same exact thing again . The same thing the next day , the same thing the coming week. Its obvious they don't care about answers , they are simply angry at God .

That's why I had to open this thread so Christians can discuss and ask questions : https://www.nairaland.com/3220590/questions-god-bible-christianity-bring

Exactly.

For them its swallow from the atheist priests, gaggle, vomit and re-swallow.

Recycling of stale arguments.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by foladara777(m): 11:02am On Nov 19, 2016
felixomor:

Exactly.

For them its swallow from the atheist priests, gaggle, vomit and re-swallow.

Recycling of stale arguments.
Theists never win any arguments against atheists... I can admit that even if am a Christian
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by felixomor: 11:15am On Nov 19, 2016
foladara777:

Theists never win any arguments against atheists... I can admit that even if am a Christian

Who said?

Forget the irrational ones u find here on Nairaland who are never logical.
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by Lucasiangrey: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2016
foladara777:

you are right.
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by foladara777(m): 11:23am On Nov 19, 2016
felixomor:

Who said?

Forget the irrational ones u find here on Nairaland who are never logical.
Actually, it's d theists that are not logical... No theist has given a satisfactory response to the argument that if God is all powerful and all good, then why does evil like earthquake happen
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by felixomor: 11:38am On Nov 19, 2016
foladara777:

Actually, it's d theists that are not logical ... No theist has given a satisfactory response to the argument that if God is all powerful and all good, then why does evil like earthquake happen

I can see ur stance already. And u r already running out of logic.

How many theists have u debated?
That u arrived at that bolded conclusion above?

If u cant name a good number, just know u r like them.

Fallacious.
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by foladara777(m): 11:59am On Nov 19, 2016
felixomor:

I can see ur stance already. And u r already running out of logic.

How many theists have u debated?
That u arrived at that bolded conclusion above?

If u cant name a good number, just know u r like them.

Fallacious.

See the problem, even u can't give a logical response to that argument... Trying to discuss d debater and not d debate... Reply me when u have a logical response to that argument

1 Like

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by theoneJabulani(m): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
Wonderful, Grizzly bear. More RAM to ur brilliant brain
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by hahn(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Religion - God's Sadistic Game. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
@ foladara777:

https://www.nairaland.com/3381123/atheism-logical-fallacies-here-10

https://www.nairaland.com/3031728/reasons-why-god-not-subject

I can go on all day

I aint joking when I say atheists rehash old arguments .

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Ivy League Universities Lost Their Christian Identities / What Is The Time For Service In Ecwa wuse ll / Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.