Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,614 members, 7,801,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Photography Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Photography Business In Nigeria (17716 Views)

10 Powerful Tips To Note When Starting A Photography Business / Photography Business / Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photography Business In Nigeria by judchuks20(m): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2009
Does anyone know how much it will cost to start a photography business from home?
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by mroluway: 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2009
hey, u don't have to contact anyone personally before u can get Ideas here. Here is a list i got from my friend who is a professional photography because I'm also trying to set up a photo studio.

equipment to start studio

Digital camera (canoe or nikon) , N80,000

lap top (pentium m), N50,000

studio light, N40.000

External flash dedicated, N40.000

Card reader, N3,000

Memory card 2 or 4 gig, N3,000

software phoshop, picasa,corel draw, DG photo art, N3,000

Printer Hifi, N28,000

soft box, N3,000

flash soft box, N3,000

NB, u will need to learn adobe photo shop, and also buy some latest software to get your templates.

1 Like

Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by latch(m): 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2009
er , theres a lot more to it that that

An 80,000 can only get you an entry level camera (canon 450/500/1000d). If you want reall quality photos, you should be thinking about getting a pro camera (canon 50d: £700, or 5d £1,800). Then again you have to buy lenses. Professional lenses start at about £700.

A 50,000 naira laptop will definitely be extreemly slow handling processing with Adobe photoshop, so you may want to get a computer with about 3-4GB Ram.

Studio lights: you'll probably need at least 3
Memory cards: loads
light modifiers: different sizes of softboxes, umbrellas (if you want to go really creative: octaboxes, ring lights, strip lights etc).
light stands
tripods
reflectors and diffusers
backgrounds and background supports systems
tetrabytes of external backup drives
studio props: chris, stools, curtains etc
Since your working from home, you may want to buy an externl power supply (expensive), unless you can shoot entirely with speedlights.

just my tupence

6 Likes

Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2009
Thanks for giving the guy all the info he needed.
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by latch(m): 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2009
r , theres a lot more to it that that

An 80,000 can only get you an entry level camera (canon 450/500/1000d). If you want reall quality photos, you should be thinking about getting a pro camera (canon 50d: £700, or 5d £1,800). Then again you have to buy lenses. Professional lenses start at about £700.

A 50,000 naira laptop will definitely be extreemly slow handling processing with Adobe photoshop, so you may want to get a computer with about 3-4GB Ram.

Studio lights: you'll probably need at least 3
Memory cards: loads
light modifiers: different sizes of softboxes, umbrellas (if you want to go really creative: octaboxes, ring lights, strip lights etc).
light stands
tripods
reflectors and diffusers
backgrounds and background supports systems
tetrabytes of external backup drives
studio props: chris, stools, curtains etc
Since your working from home, you may want to buy an externl power supply (expensive), unless you can shoot entirely with speedlights.

just my tupence
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by shaiguy(m): 8:23am On Nov 28, 2009
Been busy interviewing a couple of top photographers in Nigeria and making them into a podcast series.
The first 3 episodes and now available and online.
You can listen to them here and also download them in mp3 format for free.
The files are also available via one one of the largest podcast syndication portals on the web, Podcast Alley.

http://xsightn.com/wedding_photographer_nigeria/topics/xsightn-podcasts/

and

http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=88433
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by mroluway: 10:04am On May 02, 2010
I just Started my Carrier as a Photographer and i'm Using Olympus E500 , Check my Website and please leave a COmment, www.imageshutters.shutterfly.com

1 Like

Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by kingssmith(m): 12:20pm On May 03, 2010
Good day i could actually help out on photograph design editing and lot more am good at what i do which is photo world if you are interested consultancy i will be at your service.am currently working with chidex digital world in awka anambra
you can reach me with the following
email:ocwest@yahoo.com
no:+2347035445334,+2348056209399
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by comsy(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2011
guys, i need DG photo art 5.1 gold for my photo works,where can i buy it
pls email me on talk2sammy4u@yahoo.co.uk or 08050769346
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by niapay(m): 9:07am On Mar 11, 2011
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by fyncorp: 9:48am On Mar 11, 2011
Hi,
I am interested in starting a state-of -the art digital photography and video studio.I need a consultant to draw a good business proposal.
Thank you.
Email: success.enterprise@yahoo.com
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by comsy(m): 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
BRO, u said DG photo art is 3k, how do i get it ?, the one i saw on line is a litle higher than i thought.i need it,am just a starter,can't rely pay dat much online.
talk2sammy4u@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by ise82(m): 5:52pm On Dec 05, 2011
Pls. How much can i get nikon d90 and d40 in nigeria?
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by omerese(m): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2011
ise82, will you be intrested in a Nikon D50? $350.00 PM me to discuss details.
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by ise82(m): 11:22pm On Dec 05, 2011
I will really prefer d40 and d90 how can i get it in nigeria. Thanks for replying!!
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by omerese(m): 12:06am On Dec 06, 2011
where are you located in nigeria? how urgently do you need it. if shipping it you can get it next week thru a courrier company. if no rush, then i have someone coming to Lagos on the 26th of Dec, you can email (omerese@yahoo.ca) me with more specifics, as in extra accessories you may need but you will be looking at from $350-600 for D40 and $800-1400 for D90 depending on the lenses and accessories.
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by lakelake(m): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2011
Please help guys , does it make sense for me to start a small photography business as a side business just to generate side income ? i am asking this because i wouldn't be able to have much time but yes i will be managing it with employed guys . any advice ?
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by lakelake(m): 9:38am On Dec 06, 2011
?
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by DisGuy: 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2011
lakelake:

Please help guys , does it make sense for me to start a small photography business as a side business just to generate side income ? i am asking this because i wouldn't be able to have much time but yes i will be managing it with employed guys . any advice ?

would depend on a lot of things

What do you know how the business your self

Your location

the guys you are employing, are they trained or will they train (including photo software training)

Have you got a shop already or you want to attach it to a shop or from home
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by lakelake(m): 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2011
Will get a nice space and equipt it,  if possible will train the employees ,i can teach them Photoshop my self  else will employ someone that has knowledge in the field , afterall the cameras and lens will do most of the work , 

i dont know alot about the business thou .
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by maifma: 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
Please, where can i get a Photographing shop were they sell photo equipment's on the island? Thanks
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by maifma: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2012
Please, where can i get a Photographing shop were they sell photo equipment's on the island? Thanks
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by chykeo1(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2012
You can visit Lagos island (if you dont mind).
The business name is Okey Japan . The shop is situated @ No. 75A, Aroloya Street. It is fairly a popular name over there.
Phone No.: 0802 315 9184, 0703 384 2292

Cheers.
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by mroluway: 12:05am On Mar 07, 2012
don't forget to pay the professionals so that they can give u the Clue to be Creative. Photography is Creativity, u can check my company website, www.imageshutters.shutterfly.com
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by Godpinkin(m): 10:08am On May 12, 2012
Are u a keen photographer and want to explore the creative world of digital photography??
Do u Need a digital photo Enlargement printer?
Want to print on photo papers,bond or coated & un coated papers,Canvas,Film matte,poly Textile, Scrim banner, S.A Vinyl??

GET MORE FROM YOUR PROFESSIONAL PRINTING
WITH THE EPSON STYLUS PRO GRAPHIC RANGE.....FROM PROOFING AND PACKAGING TO FINE ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY,
Epson printers combine accuracy and versatility to improve the way you WORK.

WITH EPSON INK AND PRINTER TECHNOLOGIES,YOU CAN ACHIEVE THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF PERFORMANCE IN COLOUR AND BLACK AND WHITE,
ON A VERY WIDE RANGE OF CUT SHEET AND ROLL MEDIA FROM A4 UP TO 64 INCHES WIDE.

IF YOU AND YOUR CLIENTS DEMAND THE BEST,THEN LOOK NO FURTHER.

Top Solutions Nigeria Limited, the official sole representative of EPSON
LARGE FORMAT PRINTERS “ Your Professional Print Solutions” in Nigeria is
pleased to introduce to you to some of the Epson Pro Graphics range
printers both for indoor and outdoor prints.

Our present stock of machines which includes the following are
technologically enhanced, durable, easy to operate and cheap to run. Also, our teams of highly trained engineers are always on stand-by for technical assistance and supports to our entire client all over the country.

 EPSON STYLUS PRO GS 6000, 64”wide.
 EPSON STYLUS PRO 9900, 44” wide.
 EPSON STYLUS PRO 7900, 24” wide.
 EPSON STYLUS PRO 7700, 24” wide.
 EPSON STYLUS PRO 4900, 17” wide.
 EPSON STYLUS PRO 11880 (64”) etc.

“ If you want the best for your clients today, then look no further”
For more information and machine citing, call
CALL: PATRICK 07034357147 FOR MORE INFO:

1 Like

Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by seyigiggle: 5:01pm On May 12, 2012
how much is the printer?
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by Godpinkin(m): 8:25am On May 14, 2012
Which one are u interested in?
have the
leopard;
roland;
vutek;
Epson, etc.........

What exactly do you intend to do with the printers,photography,signage,interior wall deco, car wrapping, POS Ads, graphic display ,packaging,proofing,fine art or.......?
call: patrick @ 08087266299 for more info
FOR Machine citing or demo visit: Top Solutions Nig. Ltd.68, oduduwa way, GRA Ikeja, Lagos.
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by BZion(m): 10:29am On Feb 09, 2013
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by udohzone(m): 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
Well, just got myself a Nikkon D3000 to see what's out there in the world of photography. I do alot of web development and social media....kinda feel at ease with plenty things sha.....

Could offer a free web development training in exchange for some tips in photography. Let's call it an exchange program smiley
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by freaklyme(m): 7:04am On Sep 20, 2013
udohzone: Well, just got myself a Nikkon D3000 to see what's out there in the world of photography. I do alot of web development and social media....kinda feel at ease with plenty things sha.....

Could offer a free web development training in exchange for some tips in photography. Let's call it an exchange program smiley
I could help out for all you need to know about photography.Not free sha. Contact me 08088348107
Re: Photography Business In Nigeria by PEARLmakeup(f): 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
contact makeup ville for ur affordable bridal makeup n gele for all occasions 08137463651 add bbm pin: 56719B45 for more info

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market / BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires / Prices Of Food Items Soar In Lagos Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.