Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. (1071 Views)

President Osinbajo To Resume Soon / INTERVIEW: Buhari On Al Jazeera.... #OPINIONS / Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by AloyEmeka6: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2009
"We are tired of meetings, militants threaten to resume action"
WRITTEN BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK
TUESDAY, 03 NOVEMBER 2009 12:21

Militants assembly in Abuja yesterday

For the umpteenth time, the Godwin Abbe-led "Amnesty Committee" met with repentant Niger Delta militants in Abuja, but the militants, although looking refreshed and dapper, have said that they are fed up with meetings without action, and are threatening to pull out of the "Amnesty" deal. Their complaints and requests, which they say might lead to resumption of hostilities in the restless Niger Delta region, were not specific.
Photos from another meeting in Abuja today.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47yGCz_QZRg&hl=en&fs=1&">[/flash]

Henry Okah speaks on AlJazeera
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by AloyEmeka6: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2009
NDeltands have gone al jazeera. Nigeria better be careful or lipsrsealed
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by Beaf: 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2009
There is a huge problem when the FG decides it is better to talk to boyloaf than Wole Soyinka, a Nobel Laureate.

Tell me who is being insincere. . .
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by Ibime(m): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2009
Henry Okah is man of the year. . .
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by snowdrops(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2009
You cant compare amnesty money to that from oil bunkering and kidnapping. These militants have always been in this for themselves. Greedy bastards.
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by Nezan(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2009
I dont understand the mindset of these militants.
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by naso2(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2009
make okah kool down. Dem don know am , let him allow the next cadre of mend take over.

If government still want to dey talk story na im be say oil exports go still drop very soon.
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by AloyEmeka6: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2009
snowdrops:

You cant compare amnesty money to that from oil bunkering and kidnapping. These militants have always been in this for themselves. Greedy bastards.

Who is greedy here? FG or the militants?
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by edwin101: 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2009
abeg make mend resume 'operation piper alfa" again these FG boys cant be trusted. grin
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by rasputinn(m): 9:40pm On Nov 04, 2009
Anything apart from drastic development of the ND is unacceptable.The FG should act fast and deny the boys of any excuse to strike,but if they want to delude themselves that the boys have handed over their arms,that the FG now have them in the federal pocket,well I say safe journey
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by AloyEmeka6: 12:21am On Nov 05, 2009
What is your timeline?. The FG should rather develop ND than pay militants money for ogogoro
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by mbulela: 5:17am On Nov 05, 2009
i am waiting for NDans like Ibime to comment before i say my own but the truth is that i am getting very tired o these militants.
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by princekevo(m): 6:18am On Nov 05, 2009
mbulela:

i am waiting for NDans like Ibime to comment before i say my own but the truth is that i am getting very tired o these militants.
But you don't get tired of the Fed. Govt. who keeps embezzling the oil money, which we have nothing to show for it. Is oil and gas the only resources Nigeria got?
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by babapupa: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2009
Funny how the elected people responsible for the whole mess are still  flying under the radar and don't get talked about. It's like they don't exist.

A sad case of terrorists and extortionists killing and corning their way to riches while state officials are left alone to loot and continue to neglect and abdicate their duties "ala" business as usual.

All at the expense of the still suffering average delta folks.

Dude in the video took his own settlement and jet off to go worry about his own skin while the ones left behind jostles desperately for their own slice of the action.

What a mess,
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by FBS: 8:20am On Nov 05, 2009
Back to ground zero?
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by Ibime(m): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2009
mbulela:

I think Beaf has said everything that needs to be said. . . . no need for further comment, na just to siddon look as things unfold.

Beaf:

There is a huge problem when the FG decides it is better to talk to Boyloaf than Wole Soyinka, a Nobel Laureate.

Tell me who is being insincere. . .
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by desgiezd(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2009
snowdrops:

If the militants are in it for themselves, the government made them and that's a fact.

Its only in a country like Nigeria that a government would declare an amnesty without having a prior elaborate plan on how to rehabilitate the people and make life more meaningful in the region. All we have heard and seen are just promises as if promises can purchase pepper and tomatoes in the market.

An amnesty that has no input from people like Henry Okah & MEND is destined to fail. The government has also shown serious lack of sincerity by refusing to accept the committee put in place by MEND.

Let me warn here that the battle to come, if this amnesty fails, will make life difficult for every Nigerian including the treasury looters!
Re: Okah Speaks On Al Jazeera: We Are Tired Of Meetings, War Will Resume Soon. by SapeleGuy: 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2009
Anybody with common sense knows that this amnesty na 'super story'.
As for those of you who are tired of Niger Delta freedom fighters, only tire when the Niger Delta is fully developed.

(1) (Reply)

"umarfaroukabdulmutallibism" Is Now A Word ? / Nigeria Is Irrelevant By Former Us Ambassador To Nigeria / Rerun Election In Etsako Central Constituency In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.