Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! (4045 Views)

How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! / My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
Timing marks are not the issue. If the timing marks were off, you would get a stutter.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by nissparts(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Timing marks are not the issue. If the timing marks were off, you would get a stutter.

Not in these Nissans.
The signs are all there

1 Like

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
I think the OP alluded to some stuttering in the first post. At any rate there is no harm in checking the timing. And for good measure let me quote from the link I referred to: "so just for future reference, these ECMs, if they don’t see what they think is correct timing between the crank and cam, it will completely shut down the injector pulse, and coil signal?...yep, it is trying to keep the valves and pistons from hitting so it will shut it down. They are very smart! That compression says it all really."

1 Like

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by honmusa(m): 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
It is simply a typical timing issue for which Nissan is known for .
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2016
Latest Update :

Timing chain work finished today and the CAR ROARED BACK TO LIFE !!! grin grin

Final tune up being done on the car. Will be fully ready by Monday according to the Mechanic.

I really wanna say a big thank you to everybody who has contributed one way or the other. It was really a terrible time to pass tru and the support has being tremendous.

Special thanks 2 Costee, Nisspart( he 1st pointed to the timing chain as the culprit) , Gazzuz, Mayor2013, Diportivo etal

Nairaland cartalk family. One luv.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by diportivo: 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
steveyen:

Latest Update :

Timing chain work finished today and the CAR ROARED BACK TO LIFE !!! grin grin

Final tune up being done on the car. Will be fully ready by Monday according to the Mechanic.

I really wanna say a big thank you to everybody who has contributed one way or the other. It was really a terrible time to pass tru and the support has being tremendous.

Special thanks 2 Costee, Nisspart( he 1st pointed to the timing chain as the culprit) , Gazzuz, Mayor2013, Diportivo etal

Nairaland cartalk family. One luv.

Shebi na still the same mecho

Make I chill here till monday

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
steveyen:

Latest Update :

Timing chain work finished today and the CAR ROARED BACK TO LIFE !!!.
Good news. Now time to "apportion blame." What led to the timing mishap?
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by mayor2013: 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2016
That timing problem has been there. Was just a coincidence it prevailed same time it came to the engineer's workshop. As for the op. Always give time for a professional engineer to carry out his job. This would helo both parties happy and also make your car happy as well. cheesy good to hear your nissan has been woken up from sleep grin
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 9:00am On Nov 27, 2016
Costee:

Good news. Now time to "apportion blame." What led to the timing mishap?

I am still trying to look into this. Though the opinion is that cause the car has been packed 4 long. That I was suppose to drain the engine oil which must have changed formation prior to driving the car around.
Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by steveyen(m): 9:19am On Nov 27, 2016
mayor2013:
That timing problem has been there. Was just a coincidence it prevailed same time it came to the engineer's workshop. As for the op. Always give time for a professional engineer to carry out his job. This would helo both parties happy and also make your car happy as well. cheesy good to hear your nissan has been woken up from sleep grin

Timing chain has been there? Maybe. Maybe not. Coincidence? I doubt it. And not that I dont want to allow the engineer to work but I panicked when I realize the situation was clearly spiraling out of control. Remember he changed several sensors, ECMs and was mentioning flywheel. And as everyone knows Nissan esp Maxima is a tough nut to crack for most mechanic most ended up leaving the car worst than they met it( I have several experience). Anyway I thank God, the worst is over.

1 Like

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:38am On Nov 27, 2016
steveyen:

I am still trying to look into this. Though the opinion is that cause the car has been packed 4 long. That I was suppose to drain the engine oil which must have changed formation prior to driving the car around.

You gave the poor boi heart attack, yesterday I knew the car was fine , when I saw his comments on other threads cheesy happy you car is running. Next time give your technician more time.

Technicians invest in courtesy vehicles, it will prevent threads like this.

1 Like

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by diportivo: 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

You gave the poor boi heart attack, yesterday I knew the car was fine , when I saw his comments on other threads cheesy happy you car is running. Next time give your technician more time.

Technicians invest in courtesy vehicles, it will prevent threads like this.

grin grin grin grin

Re: Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! by torres89: 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
steveyen:

Timing chain has been there? Maybe. Maybe not. Coincidence? I doubt it. And not that I dont want to allow the engineer to work but I panicked when I realize the situation was clearly spiraling out of control. Remember he changed several sensors, ECMs and was mentioning flywheel. And as everyone knows Nissan esp Maxima is a tough nut to crack for most mechanic most ended up leaving the car worst than they met it( I have several experience). Anyway I thank God, the worst is over.

I hope you thanked your mechanic specially

cause not every mechanic will see you through this....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord / Top 30 Fastest Cars / How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.